Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Good Vs. Evil ... as an Expansion?

AflutterAflutter Posts: 139 Member
edited November 2014 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
I like the moodlets that Good and Evil sims get when they interact with each other. They're not just funny, but I also think there's potential there to expand on the Good vs. Evil dynamic, especially given the Secret Agent and Criminal careers. Good vs. Evil should be a battle!

First, I think Good and Evil sims should be able to try converting others to their cause. If they're successful, they get a Victory! moodlet that makes them confident. If they fail, an Evil sim should get a Foiled Again! moodlet that makes them angry and a Good Sim should get a Disheartened moodlet that makes them sad.

A target sim who is successfully converted to the cause of Good gets an inspiring For the Cause! moodlet for 24 hours, during which time they can donate to charity, discuss world peace and attempt to convert other sims to the Good Cause. A target sim successfully converted to the cause of Evil gets the same moodlet, but all evil interactions are unlocked for 24 hours, as well as the ability to convert sims to Evil.

A sim who is not converted should get a bored Neutrality moodlet that says "What makes a sim turn neutral? This conversation. Definitely this conversation", as well as the ability to Declare Neutrality to good or evil sims while the moodlet is active (24 hours).

Another feature of a Good vs. Evil expansion would be the Gullible trait. Gullible sims believe everything they hear and are easy targets for conversion. In fact, they are so gullible that they can be converted before the For the Cause! moodlet has timed out, however, if they switch sides too many times in a short amount of time, they get the Confused moodlet and can't be converted to anything until it times out.

I also think Good and Evil sims should get more tools to convert others based on their skills. Sims with a high enough Guitar skill should be able to play a power ballad that turns sims good or evil. Sims good at writing can write pamphlets. Completing a pamphlet gives them a stack of 10 that they can pass out to other sims. Evil sims good at cooking can make Sinful Chocolate Mousse and Good sims can make Heavenly Angel food cake.

If it's going to be a proper expansion, there needs to be new careers. I feel like a lot of good and evil careers are already covered with the secret agent and criminal careers, though, so I need some help with brainstorming how to make these careers different.

First, there should be a law enforcement career. I'm thinking there should be a Private Investigator branch, where a sim uses shady contacts and unusual tactics to solve their cases. The other branch (Criminologist?) should have a bigger focus on science and be the more upstanding version of the career.

And if EA is really committed to making their sims weirder, there has to be a Super Sims career with a Super Hero and a Super Villian branch. While the Secret Agents are using finesse and finagling at high class soirees, these sims are doing battles in the streets. And during the course of their career, they could get super powers. I'm not sure how many super powers would be balanced and not game breaking - maybe one from the career and one as a one-time buy from the rewards store? Heat vision is the only super power I've thought of so far. It could make it so Good and Evil sims can make any of the microwave meals without the microwave. Evil sims can Antagonize Ants on any spot on the ground and wilt plants, which would decrease the quality by one. Good sims can defrost plants with their heat vision (when we get weather).

There should also be a new neighborhood called Simopolis with a lot of skyscrapers. New decor should have a good or evil alignment that gives Sims a Creeped Out! moodlet when they view it, unless they have the Brave trait, which can be introduced in this expansion if it's not already in the game.
Post edited by Aflutter on

Comments

• Options
    AflutterAflutter Posts: 139 Member
    Any thoughts on this?
  • Options
    Kira101xKira101x Posts: 276 Member
    I think this is a really good idea and well thought out (awesome job on thinking of this!) but idk how they would work in superpowers, like would it be almost like a supernatural state? Or just as long as you're in the hero/villain career line?
  • Options
    drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    Aflutter wrote: »
    I like the moodlets that Good and Evil sims get when they interact with each other. They're not just funny, but I also think there's potential there to expand on the Good vs. Evil dynamic, especially given the Secret Agent and Criminal careers. Good vs. Evil should be a battle!

First, I think Good and Evil sims should be able to try converting others to their cause. If they're successful, they get a Victory! moodlet that makes them confident. If they fail, an Evil sim should get a Foiled Again! moodlet that makes them angry and a Good Sim should get a Disheartened moodlet that makes them sad.

A target sim who is successfully converted to the cause of Good gets an inspiring For the Cause! moodlet for 24 hours, during which time they can donate to charity, discuss world peace and attempt to convert other sims to the Good Cause. A target sim successfully converted to the cause of Evil gets the same moodlet, but all evil interactions are unlocked for 24 hours, as well as the ability to convert sims to Evil.

A sim who is not converted should get a bored Neutrality moodlet that says "What makes a sim turn neutral? This conversation. Definitely this conversation", as well as the ability to Declare Neutrality to good or evil sims while the moodlet is active (24 hours).

Another feature of a Good vs. Evil expansion would be the Gullible trait. Gullible sims believe everything they hear and are easy targets for conversion. In fact, they are so gullible that they can be converted before the For the Cause! moodlet has timed out, however, if they switch sides too many times in a short amount of time, they get the Confused moodlet and can't be converted to anything until it times out.

I also think Good and Evil sims should get more tools to convert others based on their skills. Sims with a high enough Guitar skill should be able to play a power ballad that turns sims good or evil. Sims good at writing can write pamphlets. Completing a pamphlet gives them a stack of 10 that they can pass out to other sims. Evil sims good at cooking can make Sinful Chocolate Mousse and Good sims can make Heavenly Angel food cake.

If it's going to be a proper expansion, there needs to be new careers. I feel like a lot of good and evil careers are already covered with the secret agent and criminal careers, though, so I need some help with brainstorming how to make these careers different.

First, there should be a law enforcement career. I'm thinking there should be a Private Investigator branch, where a sim uses shady contacts and unusual tactics to solve their cases. The other branch (Criminologist?) should have a bigger focus on science and be the more upstanding version of the career.

And if EA is really committed to making their sims weirder, there has to be a Super Sims career with a Super Hero and a Super Villian branch. While the Secret Agents are using finesse and finagling at high class soirees, these sims are doing battles in the streets. And during the course of their career, they could get super powers. I'm not sure how many super powers would be balanced and not game breaking - maybe one from the career and one as a one-time buy from the rewards store? Heat vision is the only super power I've thought of so far. It could make it so Good and Evil sims can make any of the microwave meals without the microwave. Evil sims can Antagonize Ants on any spot on the ground and wilt plants, which would decrease the quality by one. Good sims can defrost plants with their heat vision (when we get weather).

There should also be a new neighborhood called Simopolis with a lot of skyscrapers. New decor should have a good or evil alignment that gives Sims a Creeped Out! moodlet when they view it, unless they have the Brave trait, which can be introduced in this expansion if it's not already in the game.

If you don't mind using mods there are some good ones for evil. There are some really good ones for evil Sims. Torture and Chaos Mod, Deadly Toddlers and Extreme Violence mods to name a few. However there aren't mods that balance these out for the side of good. There are traits like Demon. Devil, Ares, etc. for evil. Angel, Templar and Activist for good.

Maybe have a dictator and cruel traits as well for evil. Just Ruler and kind for good. terrorist cells and anti terrorist units,
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • Options
    EA_MageEA_Mage Posts: 1,354 EA Staff (retired)
    edited May 2018
    Thank you very much for the input @drakharis !

However, this thread has had no activity for nearly 4 years. As necroing threads is against Forum Rules, I am closing this one.

Thanks,
    -Mage
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top