Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Your Reaction to No Toddlers!

Comments

• Options
    AnnePlaysAnnePlays Posts: 2,504 Member
    noooo... coolio... It's always the good ones that go :'(
    muscle_gumball_by_vanillycake-d4a9ida.png
  • Options
    xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    To me the game is simply unplayable. No toddlers => no realism. I have stopped playing and gone back to the Sims 3. As long as the toddlers are out, I will not play the Sims 4 or not with as much S3 passion. So if the toddlers are definitely out........

This just doesn't make sense to me. You might as well say "No pets" = "No realism". Or to put it another way... Why is a baby jumping out of the crib directly transforming into a 3 year old more realistic than a baby jumping out of the crib transforming into a 5 year old?

WTH do you even know how much of a difference there is between a 3 year old and a 5 year old? Plus children in the Sims look way older than 5, more like 8-9 years old.
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    bobyo2001 wrote: »
    To me the game is simply unplayable. No toddlers => no realism. I have stopped playing and gone back to the Sims 3. As long as the toddlers are out, I will not play the Sims 4 or not with as much S3 passion. So if the toddlers are definitely out........

This just doesn't make sense to me. You might as well say "No pets" = "No realism". Or to put it another way... Why is a baby jumping out of the crib directly transforming into a 3 year old more realistic than a baby jumping out of the crib transforming into a 5 year old?

WTH do you even know how much of a difference there is between a 3 year old and a 5 year old? Plus children in the Sims look way older than 5, more like 8-9 years old.

Not my point.

(And yes I do).
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    JoxerTM22JoxerTM22 Posts: 5,323 Member
    I wanted to say something but since the thread creator... Is now... "away"...
    Maybe I should keep my mouth shut.
  • Options
    AlnairanAlnairan Posts: 2,424 Member
    SelenaGrey wrote: »
    Honestly? Meh.

I never did find the toddlers very fun to play so I don't miss them. Their interactions were shallow and limited. If they add toddlers into the Sims 4, I want them to have as many interactions (unique to toddlers) as adults do. I want them to be very well done otherwise there's no point. Sure they would be nice to bridge the gap between babies and children, but for myself it isn't needed as I rarely play families.

Unrelated but I wan t to fit in:
    tumblr_mlazfdL2EC1ra8x1ao1_250.gif

It's alright, everybody should post him everywhere. It would make the internet prettier.
    6724061.png
    Origin ID: Gabby-Abeille
  • Options
    Sc3niXSc3niX Posts: 2,468 Member
    I felt like this:
    YLh3EAn.gif
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited October 2014
    [img]http://stream1.🐸🐸🐸🐸.com/view/193502/tracy-morgan-hell-no-o.gif[/img]

71_zps0f944289.jpg
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Hahahahaaaa! :mrgreen:

Yeppers, I'm from the Hills and Yeppers I love the nose picking on the Toddlers in TS2. I love my Prettacy family- they're Adorable with a Capital A because they're Sims and different then the Pretty Sims. Back at 'cha up there.

ggfdshgfs22_zps6d802455.jpg
  • Options
    debykaydebykay Posts: 124 Member
    :'( I missed the lil' ones. They were so cute. But I have learned to live without them so far.
  • Options
    MissTexasBMissTexasB Posts: 372 Member
    claritysf wrote: »
    I was like..

tumblr_lrh7hqNIM51qii6tmo1_500.gif

Toddlers? Take em’ or leave em’. I’m really not a big fan of changing diapers & potty training.

But then when I heard about the POOLS…

Shocked.gif

Put these two reactions in reverse for me. I was like Joey "WHHHAAAATTT?? OOOHHHHHH!!!!" over toddlers and was like "whatever" for pools.
  • Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    I hate no toddlers. And most of all I hate how other players who weren't particularly fond of them want EA to continue to deprive players who love them, that's mean.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,585 Member
    Unhappy. I LOVE toddlers. Can't wait until we get them back.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    KnightSlayer85KnightSlayer85 Posts: 70 Member
    dont-care.gif
  • Options
    TrickTrick Posts: 1,538 Member
    edited October 2014
    I hate no toddlers. And most of all I hate how other players who weren't particularly fond of them want EA to continue to deprive players who love them, that's mean.

Yeah, 'cuz people saying they don't care if they want them back, or would rather they stayed out, are doing it just to make you miserable.

A lot of people just genuinely don't like toddlers. It's not about you. People who would rather toddlers stay out of the game have just as much of a right to say so as anyone else.

Me, I don't really care, but calling people "mean" for saying what they want is a bit unfair.
    banner-onlysims-800x140-1.png
    Because Geeks Really Do Have More Fun
  • Options
    KitOnlyHumanKitOnlyHuman Posts: 2,586 Member
    All the feels. I almost cancelled my pre-order, but then I knew they will be added later. So I'm patiently waiting. =)
    tumblr_lzriaxk4811qk1ilk.gif
  • Options
    Bettyboop55Bettyboop55 Posts: 2,646 Member
    This is supposed to be a game which apes real life. Going straight from baby to child is unsettling. If we do get toddlers perhaps there could be a check box for those players who don't want them.

@Trick is right we are all entitled to our own opinion. Personally I miss them but can quite understand the level of care required by toddlers was a pain to others.
    I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.
    Wherever I am friends call me Betty

Sim enim est vita
  • Options
    yelsha23yelsha23 Posts: 93 Member
    I would love toddlers as well as preteens .
    tumblr_n7y83bVjHh1smb1ddo1_400.gif
  • Options
    LittleMinxUndrLittleMinxUndr Posts: 4,196 Member
    Chances are I was thinking about Ellen Page.
  • Options
    TheWorld_7TheWorld_7 Posts: 12 New Member
    Meh, what else is new? I've dealt with that back in the first game. The pools, that was like, "Noooo!"
  • Options
    Trick wrote: »

Yeah, 'cuz people saying they don't care if they want them back, or would rather they stayed out, are doing it just to make you miserable.

A lot of people just genuinely don't like toddlers. It's not about you. People who would rather toddlers stay out of the game have just as much of a right to say so as anyone else.

Me, I don't really care, but calling people "mean" for saying what they want is a bit unfair.

I'm not saying it's just about me, I'm saying it's mean to know plenty of other players enjoy them and want those players to be left out. Same as it would be mean for me to lobby for leaving out options in the game I don't enjoy-there are things I don't like-of course there are. As far as I'm concerned I want everyone to be happy in the game and that's where I have issues with others who don't. If you don't like toddlers you always had the option to age them up. Players like me in 4 have no option to enjoy a staple of our game.

• Options
    OneAdorkableGirlOneAdorkableGirl Posts: 2,379 Member
    edited October 2014
    tracey-morgan-nope_1.gif

I was really sad when they announced no toddlers at release. I even read the article over and over again that Ryan posted.. I felt like this was really going to tamper with my play-style as I love playing Legacies and having lots and lots of children... and it actually has affected me... quite a bit and I thought it was going to be difficult to play. But I've been enjoying the game and I find the children absolutely adorable in the game and it makes me sooo excited to see what they do with the little darlings when we finally do get them.

I hope because they're not added now that they have big plans for toddlers.. and I hope they focus on them a lot more than previous games because they have plenty of time to get it right. (: Honestly, I just want lots of toys for them, clothing, hair, strollers, play pens, walkers, and toys that will help them skill up, AND most of all! I want LOTS of interactions between family members and interactions between other toddlers... D; Toddlers should be able to take away other toddlers bottles, toys, etc; and be able to play among each other, but also be able to fuss at each other and stuff like that. Would be so adorable. ♥

And then of course for everyone that doesn't mind skipping the toddler life style, they should implement something that allows other players to bypass them altogether. But Simmers that would like to have that life-stage available should have that option too. :)
  • Options
    I was really sad when they announced no toddlers at release. I even read the article over and over again that Ryan posted.. I felt like this was really going to tamper with my play-style as I love playing Legacies and having lots and lots of children... and it actually has affected me... quite a bit and I thought it was going to be difficult to play. But I've been enjoying the game and I find the children absolutely adorable in the game and it makes me sooo excited to see what they do with the little darlings when we finally do get them.

I hope because they're not added now that they have big plans for toddlers.. and I hope they focus on them a lot more than previous games because they have plenty of time to get it right. (: Honestly, I just want lots of toys for them, clothing, hair, strollers, play pens, walkers, and toys that will help them skill up, AND most of all! I want LOTS of interactions between family members and interactions between other toddlers... D; Toddlers should be able to take away other toddlers bottles, toys, etc; and be able to play among each other, but also be able to fuss at each other and stuff like that. Would be so adorable. ♥

And then of course for everyone that doesn't mind skipping the toddler life style, they should implement something that allows other players to bypass them altogether. But Simmers that would like to have that life-stage available should have that option too. :)

I totally agree. I feel like because we've been made to wait so long they have had lots of time to create something really special and actually surprise us with how awesome they can make sims4 for players like us. But because they've still said nothing I worry.
  • Options
    Sc3niXSc3niX Posts: 2,468 Member
    edited November 2014

A lot of people just genuinely don't like toddlers. It's not about you. People who would rather toddlers stay out of the game have just as much of a right to say no as anyone else.

The difference is people who didn't like them were given a choice to skip them. How hard can it be to buy a $30 cake and blow out candles? People who actually liked them were given no such choice.

Personally i don't like pools, never used them. But i do hope they return for those who do. I just wont use them.

See? Like that.
  • Options
    Sc3niX wrote: »

The difference is people who didn't like them were given a choice to skip them. How hard can it be to buy a $30 cake and blow out candles? People who actually liked them were given so such choice.

Personally i don't like pools, never used them. But i do hope they return for those who do. I just wont use them.

See? Like that.

Thank you! Exactly my point. I don't lobby to shut out people from the sims, and I think it's a shame others do.