Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Help! Some mods seem to have messed up my sims, they're now showering with clothes on?

SunneyTehBunneySunneyTehBunney Posts: 7 New Member
edited October 2014 in General Mods Discussion
Hey guys. I think this was an option in the previous Sims, Never Nude? But as far as I've read on other forums, this isn't an option anymore, plus, it's not something I added.

I had some mods added, and have been playing for a few odd weeks, all was well. Until today, when I downloaded a bunch of mods from several different sources, including the Lostaccount Darkpool [don't judge me! :P] mods. Welp, now they're all showering with clothes on like a bunch of nuts.

So, I started removing mods little by little to figure out which one it was, and at the end I was left with nothing, I deleted every single folder in the Mods folder.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but the Resource.cfg file is that default that appears in the Mods folder, isn't it? What exactly is its function?

Because, I deleted it as well, and when I started the game, it reappeared on its own, which is fine, but this is the only thing left in that folder, and the issue is still going on.

This is happening with a new household. After everything was deleted, I went back to my old household, last saved a day or two before the new mods were added, and they're fine.

I had the household saved, of course now they are without the mods so some outfits and looks have been randomized, but none the less, I made a new game with them, and I did not have the same problem.

Went back to the household with the problem, it's still happening.

So, how to I figure out which effing mod is causing the issue? I guess I could save the house/lot I made, then add the mods one by one to the new game I started re-using the saved household?

Any other ideas?

Thanks so much.

Comments

• Options
    > @JoxerTM22 said:
    > Remove mods.

Thank you for reading the entire post.
  • Options
    MylitaMylita Posts: 4,447 Member
    edited October 2014
    When you install TS4, you get a Mods file that has the Resource.cfg file in it. I'm thinking the game knows it needs that file. Without it, you can't use any cc or mods. HTH

Mylita

Edited to add: Yes, put any mods back in one at a time. Same with cc , to determine what caused the glitch of no clothes to occur.
    No friends requests, please.
  • Options
    JoxerTM22JoxerTM22 Posts: 5,323 Member
    > @JoxerTM22 said:<br />
    > Remove mods.<br />
    <br />

Trust me, I did.
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    Mine have taken baths with clothes on and I have no mods
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,630 Member
    edited October 2014
    If some mods flipped a switch it wasn't meant to on some household members, removing the mod won't necessarily flip it back. Much depends on the unintended intersection of mod coding and game coding, or even the intersection of two different mods. I'd suggest you roll back your save (see my sig for a link on how) and, after that, add those new mods in gradually instead of all at once to find the culprit.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    > @JoxerTM22 said:
    > SunneyTehBunney wrote: »
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Trust me, I did.

Well, add mods are deleted, and this is still happening.
  • Options
    TerrylinTerrylin Posts: 4,846 Member
    If you have no issue about losing your existing saves you could reset your game to the original setting using crins tutorial: http://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/resetting-the-game-to-factory-settings-without-reinstalling/

It will make it all bright and shiny new. :)
  • Options
    > @catmando830 said:
    > Mine have taken baths with clothes on and I have no mods

Really? Does it happen all the time, every now and then, or just with certain sims?

I tried it out to be sure, and it's happening with all sims, every time.

Poor girl took a shower 4 times in a row.
  • Options
    JoxerTM22 wrote: »
    > Remove mods.<br />
    <br />

Trust me, I did.

Well, he wants to use mods, so I think what I proposed might be more helpful. After all, EA wanted to support mods... LOL

Mylita

• Options
    > @Mylita said:
    > When you install TS4, you get a Mods file that has the Resource.cfg file in it. I'm thinking the game knows it needs that file. Without it, you can't use any cc or mods. HTH
    >
    > Mylita
    >
    > Edited to add: Yes, put any mods back in one at a time. Same with cc , to determine what caused the glitch of no clothes to occur.

Yep. Glad it was a new household, it would've been awful it were my original game.
  • Options
    > @SelenaGrey said:
    > Mods are bad, mmk?

:'(( but the dresses, the shoes, the nipples!
  • Options
    JoxerTM22JoxerTM22 Posts: 5,323 Member
    edited October 2014
    No mods? Ever? Really? Somehow it's hard to believe.
    > SunneyTehBunney wrote: »<br />
    > <br />
    > <br />
    > <br />
    > <br />
    > Trust me, I did.<br />
    <br />
    Both of you, use "clear your cache!" link in @luthienrising 's sig.
    It should clear bad/conflicting cc.
  • Options
    Not really, depends on whether what you want is something EA intended to have in the game. If you want to add something into the game that EA didn't, then you need a mod. Now, if we're talking an EA caused problem that EA should fix, I agree with you Selena Grey.

Mylita
  • Options
    > @luthienrising said:
    > If some mods flipped a switch it wasn't meant to on some household members, removing the mod won't necessarily flip it back. Much depends on the unintended intersection of mod coding and game coding, or even the intersection of two different mods. I'd suggest you roll back your save (see my sig for a link on how) and, after that, add those new mods in gradually instead of all at once to find the culprit.

Thank you! I'll give that a go.

I'm reading it now, but can I make it for a specific household, or will it effect all of them?
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,630 Member
    > @luthienrising said:<br />
    > If some mods flipped a switch it wasn't meant to on some household members, removing the mod won't necessarily flip it back. Much depends on the unintended intersection of mod coding and game coding, or even the intersection of two different mods. I'd suggest you roll back your save (see my sig for a link on how) and, after that, add those new mods in gradually instead of all at once to find the culprit.<br />
    <br />
    Thank you! I'll give that a go.<br />
    <br />
    I'm reading it now, but can I make it for a specific household, or will it effect all of them?

It will take your whole game back to whichever save state you roll back to. A save saves the whole world, not just the household you're playing.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    JoxerTM22 wrote: »

In your case, use "clear your cache!" link in @luthienrising 's sig.
    > SunneyTehBunney wrote: »<br />
    > <br />
    > <br />
    > <br />
    > <br />
    > Trust me, I did.<br />
    <br />

Both of you, use "clear your cache!" link in @luthienrising 's sig.
    It should clear bad/conflicting cc.

Nope no mods, have never used them. The one I did download for TS4 I didn't use.
  • Options
    janneman1janneman1 Posts: 5 New Member
    Got the Fix. Just install "nude in cas mode from cmar" This fixed it for me!