Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Halloween Contest!!! We have a winner!

Comments

• Options
    SilvakristiinaSilvakristiina Posts: 444 Member
    How much editing is allowed if any? I'm very interested, I'm having a competition in the biggest Sims forum in Finnish about the creepiest garden of the year, but so far no one has participated :D I'm also very into steampunk and I made a steampunk 🐸🐸🐸🐸 house a while back, I'll go and find it somewhere to take some pictures :) Love the idea of the competition!
  • Options
    KleineMuffKleineMuff Posts: 12,578 Member
    Sounds like a fun contest! Thanks for hosting :)

So this is a family and their home that I made for another contest a few months ago.

The Crescent Family

CrescentFamily_zpsdedd9fd9.jpg

Screenshot-541_zps33911a9a.jpg

Screenshot-557_zpsb6dd0bb6.jpg

Screenshot-549_zps21cfbf53.jpg

more Pictures

Sirius, Lilith, their dauther Cynthia and their cat Ruby are an extraordinary family. They live in a spooky mansion in Moonlight Falls and spend most of their time inside.
    Sirius works in the business career but his passion is to invent and to research.
    Lilith floats around like a ghost. She suffers psychic trauma since she brought on a miscarriage. She often is absent-minded and just stare into the distance. They put a little tombstone in the garden for their baby where she can weep freely. Sirius tries anything to cure her but nothing worked so far. Lilith only seems to be happy when she's surrounded by flowers and plants.
    Cynthia cares for her mother and her cat Ruby. But she loves to be alone in her room reading or painting. She doesn't have many friends because people often speak badly of her family and spread rumors. She shares all her secrets only with her cat.
    On Halloween they always throw a costume party at their house because it's the perfect location. Some people are too scared to attend the party but the brave ones always have a great time.

Crescent Home

crescenthomey_zps96534268.jpg

crescenthome_zps234418b1.jpg

more Pictures

This spooky mansion offers 2 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, a nursery, 2 livingrooms, a large kitchen/dining area, a study, a skill building room and a big garden area

I hope you like them :)
    My Wishlist

Please call me Caro :)
    My Sims 3 Page | My Studio | Check out my Sims 3 Let's Play
    Play mafia with us: www.ultimatemafia.boards.net

• Options
    AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    How much editing is allowed if any? I'm very interested, I'm having a competition in the biggest Sims forum in Finnish about the creepiest garden of the year, but so far no one has participated :D I'm also very into steampunk and I made a steampunk 🐸🐸🐸🐸 house a while back, I'll go and find it somewhere to take some pictures :) Love the idea of the competition!

Editing for background effect is fine but please don't go so far as:
    Stop editing your pics. What if you go missing? How can we find you if you look like Beyonce on Facebook, and Chewbacca in person...
    Not Will Ferrell (Twitter) @itsWillyFerrell

Good luck with your competition. Hope you get some takers soon. (For a little while there, I was beginning to think mine wasn't going anywhere as well. :o ) I haven't seen one themed quite like that. :)
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • Options
    @KleineMuff - Awesome! <3
  • Options
    Haha, got the point, @Anmirla :D I'm really poor at editing pics so I don't think I can go too far... Or maybe that means that I'll do just that...
  • Options
    VioletHorseVioletHorse Posts: 1,288 Member
    > @VioletHorse said:
    > oh does it have to be a venue? what I want I can't find but I will keep looking.

does it have to be a venue? thx
  • Options
    can I like copy from a creepy story? -example sleepy hollow- I kinda stink at making stories :\
  • Options
    Sweet2Sweet2 Posts: 1,736 Member
    I made this one for the Design that Home Challenge :)

10675516_647338468718477_4700509067645146140_n.jpg?oh=15b431198ce456fa98032f411330e452&oe=54E29693

More pics can be found here (including a werewolf sim)
    My Page Another lot and Household Uploaded :)

• Options
    @VioletHorse - Yes, if you want to recreate Sleepy Hollow or anything of the like in the Sims, by all means it's allowed. Just create the Sims and their surrounding to play then post several pics that look like they are telling the story along with some written narration to help clarify.
  • Options
    > @Anmirla said:
    > VioletHorse - Yes, if you want to recreate Sleepy Hollow or anything of the like in the Sims, by all means it's allowed. Just create the Sims and their surrounding to play then post several pics that look like they are telling the story along with some written narration to help clarify.

ok thx.still making a house.I stink at building :( I tried making the sims as scary as I could with the downloads I have. back to the thinking board now :)
    oh u did not answer one of my questions;does it have to be a venue? they had in daily deals a "french" looking thing but I could not buy.i do not know what it is called :\ thx again :)
  • Options
    @VioletHorse - I am going to stick to saying that I am offering a venue. The last thing I need is to say it can be something else to you and someone decides to twist it somehow and wants a world or a set that costs more. It needs to be clear and straightforward.

Besides, if I stick to that, I know what I'm going to be gifting - no awkward surprises for me.
  • Options
    Suture0Suture0 Posts: 49 Member
    @KleineMuff your sims are beautiful!! I love their names too! wonderful work :)

@Sweet2 love your build and the red pool! Very clever :)
  • Options
    Maybe @VioletHorse means that could it be perhaps a venue-like collection, Brunch at the Old Mill for an example? Although @Anmirla set the rules and we'll follow, if we like to be in her(?) competition.

I'm loosing my sleep due to this competition! Unfortunately not because my photos would be so scary, but because I'm so exited building Steampunk milleus! I have awfull lot of pictures coming, hopefully they'll fit to this forum and @Anmirla won't drown in them, as she wanted to be buried...
  • Options
    RockleyfamilyRockleyfamily Posts: 5,730 Member
    Just thought I'd share my fave zombie with you guys. He calls to my house every full moon and stands outside being utterly terrifying!!!
    I hope these images aren't too scary for you guys!

Screenshot-2327_zpscee48c4f.jpg

Screenshot-2333_zps4b38ddaf.jpg

Screenshot-2331_zps380b253d.jpg

Screenshot-2310_zpsdd084cd0.jpg

This was him from one of his first visits. He looked so sad, I wanted to invite him into the house.

0fe26aa4-c356-40db-8d13-5e20bb22d3fd_zps9a646092.jpg
  • Options
    I watched "fright fight" last night and it gave me some ideas.I hope to have my pics posted either some time today or tomorrow.
  • Options
    okesterokester Posts: 4,136 Member
    @Rockleyfamily that zombie is hilarious! xD I wonder why he hates balloons so much though :/
    Origin ID: Okest3r_13 Check out my Sims 4 creations!
  • Options
    annasommerannasommer Posts: 3,987 Member
    Aw I did not enter any fun contest in ages... will try to come up with something in time =D
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    I tried to submit my entry yesterday, but it went to be approved and hasn't shown up, propably because I unfortunately tried to link slideshows. I don't think it will appear here since it hasn't done it by now, so I'm posting some of the pictures here and a link to the slideshows now again :) They all may not fit here. I'm not trying to put up slideshows :P

Here's a few of my horror pictures and here's the rest s1370.photobucket.com/user/Silvakristiina/library/Horror?sort=3&page=1

Screenshot-8_zps210b39b5.jpg[/url]
    Screenshot-387_zps2184f089.jpg[/url]
    Screenshot-391_zps45416666.jpg[/url]
    Screenshot-381_zps2d2f1110.jpg[/url]
    Screenshot-52_zpsfd8b4615.jpg[/url]
    Screenshot-73_zpsc98aae5d.jpg[/url]
    Screenshot-25_zpsb354072c.jpg[/url]

I had so much fun building these Steampunk themed settings! Here's the rest of them s1370.photobucket.com/user/Silvakristiina/library/Steampunk?sort=3&page=1

94f346be-dbc7-42ae-ba91-d0b1f4d0d714_zps29563648.jpg[/url]
    Screenshot-53_zpsec88ecf2.jpg[/url]
    Screenshot-43_zps1d527cb1.jpg[/url]
    Screenshot-23_zpsd8edeff4.jpg[/url]
    Screenshot-22_zps5128effd.jpg[/url]
    Screenshot-82_zps6daaf394.jpg[/url]

I hope you enjoy my pictures :) Remember to check out the links too!

If I somehow happened to win, my humble wish would be the Brunch at the Old Mill, but like said, it's not a venue, and I appreciate the rules, so my second best wish is the Last Venue of Amore. Here's my Wishlist store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=Silvakristiina
    Post edited by Silvakristiina on
  • Options
    burtnickburtnick Posts: 489 Member
    @silvakristiina - I love your entry! Where can I find the Alice poster in the last pic? I must have it.
  • Options
    Thank you @burtnick! :) I'm sorry to inform you, that I have no idea where it's from :/ I checked it in-game, but the description was empty. I tried to google it, I didn't find it but there were so many awesome steampunk items that I can't believe my eyes! I should have checked that out before doing my settings ;D The painting is awesome, I love it too. It could be from TSR, but there are over 56 000 steampunk furniture, so I didn't look further...
  • Options
    GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    edited October 2014
    @SilvaKristiina
    Wow! Those pics are extremely creepy.I love them! Love creepy stuff.
  • Options
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Ok I made a story.
    How do I post a link here? it won't let me :(
    Friend me.then click "my studio" then click "movies and more" u should be able to see it there.
    The Evil's Home...
  • Options
    Ok I made a story.<br />
    How do I post a link here? it won't let me :(<br />
    Friend me.then click "my studio" then click "movies and more" u should be able to see it there.<br />
    The Evil's Home...

Let me see if I can help you out a little here...
    The Evil's Home http://www.thesims3.com/contentDetail.html?contentId=472043
    ;)
  • Options
    Thank you!Thank you!Thank you! :D :D :D -gives big hug- I was going to add more to the house but I was running out of time. :) Hope u like it