Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Oh, no! I ruined Pancake Bob!

I started playing the Pancakes household the other day. I put Bob on a strict diet with plenty of exercise. He was on the treadmill for a few hours each day plus a morning and evening jog around the neighborhood. The result? He lost a lot of weight. That's good, right? I don't think so. I think he's no longer the Pancake Bob we all love and adore.

10-08-14_9-58nbspPM-5_zpscc87c365.png

I think he needs to indulge in a few stacks of pancakes. That ought to do it!

Best Regards,
Nik

P.S. that's his daughter Marlene on the left and Scarlett on the right. Bob and Eliza also have a son Fletcher who isn't in the photo.
Origin ID: nik24x7

Comments

• Options
    FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    Wow, I can put my Sim on the treadmill for hours and go jogging every day. She don't drop the weight that quick!

Since this is Bob Pancake, don't starve him, let him eat, he does look too skinny now :p
  • Options
    ericaduhericaduh Posts: 670 Member
    He's now Bob FatFree Pancake! lol
    my simblr - http://ericalovessims.tumblr.com
    origin id & other social networks: ericaduh
  • Options
    munchie885munchie885 Posts: 8,439 Member
    Does he have 🐸🐸🐸🐸...
  • Options
    AnnePlaysAnnePlays Posts: 2,504 Member
    edited October 2014
    He is really adorable in his Pancake form, but gosh! In his Waffles form he beats Don a mile away.
    muscle_gumball_by_vanillycake-d4a9ida.png
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I like the new Bob -- quite handsome. B)
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    have2admithave2admit Posts: 2,246 Member
    Reminds me of Richard Pryor. :D
  • Options
    ArkaneArkane Posts: 20,224 Member
    edited October 2014
    He does seem happier... and we can't have that!!!!!

*prepares Bisquick and Mrs. Butterworth shipment to Bobs house*
    Potential Is Everything

Origin ID: BadArkane

XYeo1vn.png
  • Options
    Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    Bob has been binging on pancakes but so far hasn't put any weight back on. LOL
  • Options
    cauliflowerscauliflowers Posts: 5,782 Member
    Aint racist or anything but i can never see a black dude be named bob

Or pancakes
    TL8ZBmw.gif
  • Options
    cauliflowerscauliflowers Posts: 5,782 Member
    Aint racist or anything but i can never see a black dude be named bob

Or pancakes

But then theres bob marley...
    TL8ZBmw.gif
  • Options
    Nik24X7 wrote: »
    Bob has been binging on pancakes but so far hasn't put any weight back on. LOL

He is immune to pancakes! Try chocolate cake!

• Options
    enkeli63enkeli63 Posts: 6,637 Member
    I feel some sims are meant to be large and some are meant to be small.

When I make a large sim, I usually will put the fat slider near the bottom in CAS and give the right curves and shape to the body that I want. Then if I don't have them exercise too much, they'll never easily go smaller than that. I can let them gain a little and lose that--for story purposes--but it's easier to keep their baseline size how you wanted it.
    OriginID Starwing6
    my Sims 4 story blog: http://www.starwingsims.com/

Join SimsWriters.com to promote or enjoy fan-generated content (stories, videos, music, etc) celebrating The Sims.
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    I think @enkeli63 is right; it might have to do with where you put the weight slider when you make the Sim; I suspect that is what the game considers their "base" weight.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    dumplingartdumplingart Posts: 66 Member
    Why did you even think of putting Bob on a diet in the first place? :'(
  • Options
    enkeli63enkeli63 Posts: 6,637 Member
    If Bob needed to gain athletic skill, maybe that's how this happened? If so, I found the punching bag seems to be a very good exercise equipment for when you want to build fitness. I can't be certain but it doesn't appear to burn fat or build muscle, but simply build fitness skill. I hope I'm not wrong, but the strength or cardio effect is definitely very mild if it's there. I've tried with all my sims that I don't want to build or lose muscle or fat, and they were able to maintain their body while gaining fitness.

There can be problems with setting the fat slider to the lowest, @Beardedgeek but they are easily avoided. The problem I found was that working out on the treadmill (the gym may have boosted the effect, I don't know if it's like that in Sims 4) for an hour when it wasn't necessary caused my sim to be disfigured. I'd made her with lowest fat setting and she had a very narrow waist (smallest possible) and then wider hips (Marilyn Monroe style of body). I didn't know that you don't need to exercise much to maintain and she ended up with hips smaller than you could make in CAS, and her waist was smaller than it had originally been also! Her upper body did not change, so she looked like a freak. She has not fully recovered, though I have found some fashion options help to minimize the scary look while she is still recovering.

So just keep in mind that they only need about 30 sim minutes of jogging per day to keep their figure fantastic, even if they eat some cake for a party requirement or just enjoyed something nice for the thrill of it.
    OriginID Starwing6
    my Sims 4 story blog: http://www.starwingsims.com/

Join SimsWriters.com to promote or enjoy fan-generated content (stories, videos, music, etc) celebrating The Sims.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Wow, I can put my Sim on the treadmill for hours and go jogging every day. She don't drop the weight that quick!

Since this is Bob Pancake, don't starve him, let him eat, he does look too skinny now :p

If the Sim uses the treadmill while energized then the option pops up to use something like extreme workout, they drop weight as soon as it's over.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    Glimmer50Glimmer50 Posts: 2,365 Member
    My game is strange. I have Sims that eat like no tomorrow and never gain a single pound, then other Sims eat one piece of cake or have one child and balloon up. I have had my heavy Sim working that treadmill like a crazy person ...doing extreme workout and she lost a little but not much.

She was the pancakes daughter so maybe she can't get no thinner although looking at Bob in this picture I am starting to wonder. She looks okay now, just has some good sized hips I was hoping to trim down but oh well I guess.
  • Options
    Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    edited October 2014
    I didn't mess with the sliders in CAS when I changed his outfit, so they are set however EA set them originally. But what was I thinking? I guess when I started he needed to drop a few pounds, but I went overboard with him. I don't like his athletic look. Now he's just another muscular dude at the gym. I already have plenty of those as you can see here:

10-05-14_4-48nbspPM-3a_zpsb3a88bbb.png

So I want Bob to return to being that guy with just a couple extra pounds on him. I'll try the chocolate cake. Thanks!

10-08-14_11-36nbspPM-3a_zps2793b84f.png

As you can see above, Bob is still looking a bit too muscular.
  • Options
    Cinebar wrote: »

If the Sim uses the treadmill while energized then the option pops up to use something like extreme workout, they drop weight as soon as it's over.

Oh thank you! I didn't know that! :D

• Options
    Darstan64Darstan64 Posts: 433 Member
    That is all so funny lol, I was playing my game last night and I had my married sims go out to the lounge and Bob Pancakes was bartending and I know I heard this right, sims were going up to the bar and saying "bartend" and asking for a drink holding their finger up. They did actually the word "bartend" lol! Did anyone else have this in their game when going out to the bars?
  • Options
    feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    The muscular Bob looks great, more handsome than Don.
  • Options
    galaxyflier1galaxyflier1 Posts: 383 Member
    He just isn't the Pancake Bob we know and love. :( Feed him! *lol*
  • Options
    SimSiren3SimSiren3 Posts: 301 Member
    Can I ask a weird random question? Why does everyone call him Pancake Bob? I know his last name is Pancakes, but I never hear people talking about "Pancake Eliza" so I'm wondering if that's a reference to something? I even did an internet search on him and nothing came up except that they thought the Pancakes might be based on the Newbies from TS1.
  • Options
    cheesetruckcheesetruck Posts: 2,518 Member
    EasyToRead wrote: »
    J0MxIyk.jpg

Oh my god this is perfect :D I can't stop laughing!