Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Share Your Newest The Sims 4 Creations Here!

Comments

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    edited December 2017
    Northern Lights is such a very pretty Christmas Village! @kilra0 :) The layout of the build, and design of each of the areas of the Village looks so very nice! I have posted about the build on the challenge thread but just wanted to say again that it is a very nice Christmas Village build!
    Post edited by rosemow on
  • Options
    kilra0kilra0 Posts: 644 Member
  • Options
    liel88liel88 Posts: 631 Member
    Wow @Nore another great build! I love what you did with the roof! <3
    Hahaha yes @kilra0 i guess it is a dutch home, not intentionally though, i just followed my gut feeling on this one ;) are you dutch too? :) loving your christmas village by the way!
    gZJwNIt.jpg
  • Options
    masajomasajo Posts: 6,011 Member
    @FaithofKaela @Nore @kilra0 thank you all very much for your wonderful feedback, very kind of you extremely talented builders :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
  • Options
    kilra0kilra0 Posts: 644 Member
    @liel88 dank je wel! Nee dat ben ik niet. Ik woonde kort in de buurt van Nijmegen. haha my dutch is really really bad, lets better talk in english.
  • Options
    jonilla1jonilla1 Posts: 1,120 Member
    My legacy family home that i have been working on for awhile:

12-15-17_11-28-18_PM.png
    12-15-17_11-28-38_PM.png
    12-15-17_11-29-14_PM.png
    12-15-17_11-29-44_PM.png
    12-15-17_11-29-58_PM.png
    12-15-17_11-30-21_PM.png
    12-15-17_11-30-43_PM.png
    12-15-17_11-31-00_PM.png
    12-15-17_11-31-14_PM.png
    12-15-17_11-31-29_PM.png
    Origin EA ID: Xaldin257 Friend requests are welcome.

Some of my creations in the gallery use CC so remember to enable them in the gallery's options to see them all.
  • Options
    Your legacy home looks very nice! @jonilla1 :) Very nice outdoors areas! The plants, flowers and trees look very nice through the outdoors! The water fountain feature looks very nice! Very nice outdoors living area. Sims will enjoy sitting at the umbrella covered table in the sunshine, enjoying the very nice natural setting. Very nice layout of the build! The fenced harvestable garden area is great! Sims would enjoy doing gardening there. Very nice design of the exterior of the home! The roof covered front entrance and the upper balcony look very nice. The circular plants and tree feature with the rocks around the edges is a nice part of the outdoors.
    It is a very nice legacy home for your sims family ! :)
  • Options
    jonilla1jonilla1 Posts: 1,120 Member
    rosemow wrote: »
    Your legacy home looks very nice! @jonilla1 :) Very nice outdoors areas! The plants, flowers and trees look very nice through the outdoors! The water fountain feature looks very nice! Very nice outdoors living area. Sims will enjoy sitting at the umbrella covered table in the sunshine, enjoying the very nice natural setting. Very nice layout of the build! The fenced harvestable garden area is great! Sims would enjoy doing gardening there. Very nice design of the exterior of the home! The roof covered front entrance and the upper balcony look very nice. The circular plants and tree feature with the rocks around the edges is a nice part of the outdoors.
    It is a very nice legacy home for your sims family ! :)

Thank you for your kind words @rosemow :blush:
    Origin EA ID: Xaldin257 Friend requests are welcome.

Some of my creations in the gallery use CC so remember to enable them in the gallery's options to see them all.
  • Options
    suepeasuepea Posts: 1,832 Member
    edited December 2017
    s2iKTG6.png
    Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all! I haven't been active on the boards in a very long time but I'm popping in to post this cute little Holiday House I made on a whim (while I should have been doing other more productive things!) It's a 2BR 3BA home that's fun and playable.
    Here's a view of it from the back:
    pc9KfHl.png
    You can find it on the gallery here
    as well as the cute little family of 4 I created to live in it while I play tested the lot:
    The Jardines
    Slideshow
    I wish I had more time to spend with you all but I'm sending lots of good thoughts and wishes to everyone!
    h2xmsbl]
  • Options
    The Christmas Cottage is a very pretty Christmas themed home! @suepea :) Very nice exterior design of the home! The roofing and dormer looks great! The white string lights, festive garlands and wreaths on the exterior walls, the lit white trees and the varied sized golden Christmas trees in the front garden look so very pretty! Very nice festive back porch nook for sims to enjoy eating outdoors in the outside air, food they have cooked on the bbq. Kids will have fun playing on the monkey bars and all sims will enjoy sitting around the firepit chatting and keeping warm. The three sizes of nutcrackers beside the steps looks cute! Very nice sitting areas on the front and back porches. Sims will enjoy relaxing in the hot tub. Very nice furnishing and layout of the interior of the home! The red, green and white colour scheme looks very nice. Nice open entryway from the kitchen to the dining area. The long festive dining table and the red coloured dining seats are very nice for sims to sit on and at, whilst enjoying eating their Christmas meals. The festive themed fireplace will keep the room warm whilst dining there. The wreath, garlands and string of snowflakes are nice touches on the wall. Very nice living room! The creating of the piano looks great! Very nice fireplace sofa and armchairs sitting area for sims to enjoy relaxing there, watching tv, reading a book, and listening to gramophone music or the piano played. The bookcases look nice placed either sides of the fireplace. The winter wonderland theme of the kids bedroom looks so nice!
    It is a very pretty and festive Christmas Cottage! :)
  • Options
    BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    edited December 2017
    Wow!! Some great entries coming into this thread!!
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • Options
    Agrippine_23Agrippine_23 Posts: 96 Member
    Hi everyone! I am loving all the amazing creations on this thread, they are so pretty and creative! :smiley:

I thought I'd share with you the very first starter home I posted on the gallery. I had built starter homes before but only for my own, and usually improved them quicker in my game. But this is the first one I'm happy with and confident enough about so here it is :blush:

I always need a little backstory when I build. For this one, it's that an old red barn has been converted into a cute home for a sim and her/his cat. I tried to make sure it had potential for expansion and improvement, let me know what you think about it! (I'd love to know how I could improve my builds so if you have tips or comments about this starter I'd love to hear about them!)

Showcase link: https://imgur.com/a/LGRby
    Gallery link: https://www.ea.com/fr-fr/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/59CF1EA3E26111E7817BC38F04807BF8?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=Agrippine23&max=50&maxis=false

N07HNxO.png

22HXvpA.png

I4Vd2qi.png

uAhWii0.png

QNT6yU4.png

aXwN4bZ.png

4JUYzOO.png

cC0bdK2.png

QSpsxia.png

I hope you're all having a great weekend, happy simming!
  • Options
    Cute Barn Starter is a very nice home! @Agrippine_23 :) The curved roofing and the red colour of the exterior walls looks very nice. The hearts are a pretty touch on the front exterior of the home and the plants, lavender and trees look very nice on the front edges. Nice front porch sitting area for sims to rest there in the outdoors air. Very nice layout of the interior! The triangular sofa seat windows alcove looks very nice ! Sims will enjoy sitting in the sunlight there, warching tv, The pawprints on the master bedroom wall looks great! Nice study desk nook corner. Sims will enjoy reading books at the desk. The floor patterning in the bathroom looks very nice. It looks great how the cabinets have been placed in the kitchen to create the stove nook. Very nice light filled dining room! Sims will enjoy the sunshine coming in through the windows whilst eating a meal at the table
    It is a very nice starter home! :)
  • Options
    liel88liel88 Posts: 631 Member
    kilra0 wrote: »
    @liel88 dank je wel! Nee dat ben ik niet. Ik woonde kort in de buurt van Nijmegen. haha my dutch is really really bad, lets better talk in english.

Haha okay, we'll keep it english :)
    gZJwNIt.jpg
  • Options
    Simming_SpoonieSimming_Spoonie Posts: 1,923 Member
    @jonilla1 - The landscaping looks amazing around your legacy home, you're a master with terrain paints :love: I adore that little courtyard garden you've made for the harvestables, such a great idea!!

@suepea - your little Christmas Cottager is super cute, it's so well decorated for the season.

@Agrippine_23 - Your little starter home is so cute! Just love those wooden hearts at the front, you did a great job with the roofing. The interiors are awesome, very homely and cosy, you did a wonderful job considering the budget of a starter home.
    Follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Instgram
  • Options
    Agrippine_23Agrippine_23 Posts: 96 Member
    Thank you very much @rosemow and @FaithofKaela for your kind words about my starter home :blush:
  • Options
    wrenstaleswrenstales Posts: 777 Member

https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/B2D5BA8DE32611E78551AD788B708746
    03.jpg

I have updated the original art gallery from base game by making the museum interactive and fun. It has an observatory, cafe, bar, plenty of paint easels, children can also spark their imagination and creativity at the gallery via little art desk. They can play with toys and climb on the frame in the gardens. Sims can plant vegetables, fruit and flowers. They can browse the gallery upstairs and watch the world go by.

• Options
    NoreNore Posts: 236 Member
    edited December 2017
    @rosemow Thank you for your comments. You always notice all the little details that I spend waayyy too much time fidgeting over haha. It is so nice to read what you write and how you notice all our hard work :) THANK YOU!! I'm glad you liked the Nativity scene as well, I was worried for a bit that it might be offensive for some reason. I'm glad it is not :)

@FaithofKaela Thank you for your comments :) The Santa was definitely one of my favourite parts. I redid it a bit with the new Santa item, I feel you'll like it :) And thanks for noticing the roofing haha. It was one of my favourite aspects, as I never built in the Cape Cod style or any style with large and extensive roofing. It was cool to make an entire floor enclosed by roof. It is likely the most natural roof I ever built as I drew inspiration from several actual Cape Cod homes. I commented on your QC entry in the QC thread as well, but will say again that it is a wonderful build :) I especially like the kitchen, it looks so natural in every aspect from the wallpaper choices, the clutter to the stuff on the fridge.

I had a few questions about some items if that was okay. Is that fireplace built into the wall? I didn't realise there were fireplaces that could be placed like that, could I ask what pack it is from? I also wanted to ask what packs a few other items are from haha. The first is the dish rack by the sink in the kitchen, been looking for one forever because kitchens just look weird without it haha. The other item I wanted to know regarding which pack it's from is those cool curtains in the kitchen and living room, never seen them before.

Lastly I wanted to ask how the roof is showing in the upper floor of your barn? I didn't realise roofs could show at all in enclosed rooms.

Let me just say again I am in awe by how natural the placement of the interiors is. Everything from the kitchen sink being in front of the window (which now that I consider it makes so much sense), to the home office in the barn to even the choice of ceiling light in the lower floor of the barn! I used to just choose items at random and whatever looked coolest, but just looking at yours and everyone else's wonderful builds I learn so much!!

@karababy52 Thank you for your comments. I redid the Santa and Nativity scene a bit, I'm sure you'll like it :) Going to link some pictures of the completed first floor in a bit :)

@kilra0 Thank you for your comments! I have actually not seen a reindeer before haha, other than pictures. I do realise the items I chose are horses not deer but closest thing I could locate haha. Thanks for commenting on the Oasis starter as well, I cannot take credit for the garage door idea as I saw something similar before :) Your Christmas village is wonderful as well. I took a look around in game and you did an amazing job with the border and I liked the underground dining hall very much :)

@liel88 Thank you :) I was particularly pleased with the roof, the Cape Cod style is wonderful :)

@jonilla1 wonderful home! There are so many aspects I like a lot, starting with the landscaping. I especially like the enclosed patio nook surrounded by trees. The house itself looks very natural as well. The siding with the bricks works so well, and the specific locations you chose to put brick are flawless. The pillar choice as well works so well! Once you're finished with the interior, if you have the gallery link, I'd very much like to nominate your build for a Maxis Fave if that's okay?
    Link to my showcase thread: NoreKP Showcase

Link to a story I started: Chronicles of a Simki

Origin ID: NoreKP

Latest build: When Baroque Met Modern
    4584899921fd5b78c0674fd01372085ee844519960c626fcee531895d7bd6d3af4b9e81c.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    Been working a lot of my Christmas home :) I redid the exterior a bit (had to use those new items haha) and finished the ground floor! It has three separate Christmas themed areas, the Golden Christmas Kitchen, Classic Christmas Living, and Winter Wonderland Dining :). For the exterior, I decided to keep the tree I created. The in-game tree drew too much attention from the other parts of the front because of how bright it is haha. The layout took forever haha, I tried extremely hard to make everything seem like an actual house, from plant selection to clutter to layout :). My original goal began as a starter for Brindleton without it being intended for the holidays. Doing so allowed me to imagine how someone might decorate a regular house for the holiday rather than starting it as holiday-themed. I tried to create a winter lot with snow that wouldn't look out of place without the snow mods, mainly by creating the partially melted snow look so that the snow did not have to reach the edges of the lot and thus it could be placed in a green lot :) Credits for the paintings and pictures go to Tiya33 and Jessie0905. Everything including the paintings are not CC :) Once I finish the upper level, it'll finally be finished and ready for the Gallery haha.

Some of the key new features I particularly enjoyed making are: the partially frozen fountains in the backyard, the trainset Christmas village and all the cool winter paintings :)

Anyway, some pictures :)

The redone front, upon some excellent advice I removed the lower hanging light string from the entrance and used much stronger pillars to support the balcony:
    27230998c38b3c6c534beedb09f51cabc911e0f6ca4abb26e59d6da5db840d4cf01fd2b8.jpg

The new Nativity scene, finally located an item that would work as a roof haha. I feel it is finally complete :)
    925250832d4d4c5a1fb1937d6bdf3bab272768e82a6f28dec9a2edd7951ee7ea1cfac77d.jpg

The new Santa, featuring a stack of gifts haha. I call him the Boss Santa, because he's just coolly holding a tower of gifts with one arm haha. I knew I had to use something to go over the surfboard, and the gift tower ended up working really well in the way it fit snugly into Santa's arm.
    2083613940e91030b48a783ebb535f9fed3b3e02c43791f1b296dfd850bbfe6308ad39c3.jpg

18167136f3458a7df0be63f0f71478785d9fe3f41797e2e25ec4bd99e9fe631777e35580.jpg

All new backyard :)
    034383429c4f627fa9f3a7e3b1a692a879bfaafc57f0757bac836a0ac45612f14e272806.jpg

Decided to go with a bbq and small garden for the upper balcony:
    29914082518c4df1cf73cf383bfaaafbdb9cd48e37fb0d9d92bf0456b566af118f4797d2.jpg

New painting nook and partially frozen fountain. Also just had to throw the new cool snowman in somewhere haha, even if he is sand not snow :)
    01154593a71155ff8c03fe3141d81414ec570350c9f9e401f3b4df7f39631e1fd97ef40f.jpg

Small campfire area by the pond. Not sure if I should keep this, or how authentic it is to have a campfire in a residential home. I have never lived in a cabin before though so I don't know haha. It just seemed like a nice place to make s'mores.
    3565664277a997e49b4b2545671b6c3e26dddc3fd0b28a3296c008b8d9d94dbbb237c809.jpg

The living room featuring my favourite indoor feature, the small trainset Christmas village :) It took forever to make the tracks but I feel it ended up quite cool. The plane and helicopter are actually flying mid-air which is hard to tell in the picture. And if you look closely you'll see one of the gnomes is running to not miss his train and the superheroes on the roof of the station are laughing at him :)
    74301937ba7afef7866556f9e9f1ff3b5f218fb4b5db30522a8f9a1126fe2aef3cf2c2f8.jpg

The entrance hall featuring a number of winter paintings.
    888832943585afedcd2fa606788c1773a1a65e82115857a2ab71093a7a2c062e62a6910b.jpg

The other part of the entrance hall with a view to the Kitchen tree, a coat room, and although the dumb chandelier is blocking the view of Starry Night, a couple of Van Gogh's. At least you can see his wonderful face I guess haha.
    448864607d4940bb390dcc6b2f325f3fc8693292f268e1692cfc3352af4c1fa07cde0e51.jpg

Kitchen featuring a fridge built directly into the wall :)
    191150121f4bcf5adb3ba3dd1c65ebf5c04dff48d7b2bcef0f55b47484d2a742a74be760.jpg

Had to show the rest of the Kitchen for the puppy picture alone haha.
    865911861237b7742129c56f87e6264a81a192ddc8b1a5e578e8657017930758b5af7cd9.jpg

And my next favourite interior area, the Winter Wonderland Dining room featuring some amazing Christmas village paintings and a fully set dining table :)
    1691206551086bc4a45aa24fa5a3a43d152774cc82fdfbab73ece9e72e02ba31cb6e7ca6.jpg

2250908610601ed9ae0b2e1196a533c55aacf71a5f4b9bd6a049760a1deac02baf0d6415.jpg

Overview of the floor. I struggled quite a bit with the layout at first, as the space was much smaller than I realised haha. I actually built nearly the entire living room on both ends to see where it fit better. In the end though I feel the hallway and room placement felt natural, with the kitchen nearest the dining, and even the parlour bathroom off the hallway.
    07328263f8966d04d02c373338f6618b54f6fd48239a6e9022a221423ea8db3c7ab7cd76.jpg

• Options
    edited December 2017
    @Nore - wow! Thanks again for your kind comments on my build, let me try and answer some of your questions. The fireplace is an item from Cats & Dogs, I used MOO outside to get it to sit on the floor of the exterior, but the one in the living room is as normal. The dish drainer is from the Parenthood GP, I love all the clutter items from this pack, I find it really helps homes feel lived in. Ah, the curtains, therein lies a tale! I saw these in another build and thought they were fabulous, but couldn't find them in my game, so I went and DL'd the lot and used the eyedropper tool!! They are another item from Cats and Dogs :grin:

As for getting roofing to show through, that's more complex. You might benefit from actually DL'ing the build to try and figure that out,
    The roof in the barn sits on the first/upper floor. I then deleted the flooring and ceiling of the space around the office, so that the roof can be seen from the interior. I hope that helps a little. Like I say, I learnt a lot about roofing by DL'ing others build with interesting roofing then going in and picking it apart to see how they got the finished result. If you have any more question, feel free to ask :wink:
  • Options
    @FaithofKaela You're very welcome, you're an amazing builder! I took another look at the parenthood items and I must say there are many that I would definitely like to use, I might buy this pack now, thank you!

As for the roof, that makes sense haha, oddly I actually know exactly what you mean and wrote about this as a glitch on the feedback thread. I noticed it recently in my Cape Cod style build as it was the first time I used roof surrounding a floor. In your case the roof was tall enough that it works, but in mine doing so actually showed crazy roofs all over the floor when any part of the floor was deleted. But I understand what you mean. I actually notice now that you pointed it out the deleted sections in the view from the ground floor of the barn :) Very cool and creative idea that worked out very well!

• Options
    Muses Interactive Gallery is very nice! @wrenstales :) The additions that you have made to the original art gallery are great! It is nice that there is a cafe and a bar area, for sims to enjoy eating food and having a drink. They will enjoy listening to piano music whilst resting on the sofas, Sims will enjoy using the observatory, and it is very nice that there are easels and activity tables for sims to enjoy painting and doing artwork at the museum. The artwork on the upper level walls looks very nice! Sims will enjoy looking at the wall pictures, It is nice that there is a community garden for sims to enjoy harvesting plants, and kids will have fun playing on the monkey bars.
    It is a very nice Gallery for sims to enjoy visiting! There are many activities to do there :)
  • Options
    masajomasajo Posts: 6,011 Member
    Crimbo Cottage

This is a fun and festive home for a small family, a cute and cosy Christmas cottage. Open plan living areas with two bedrooms and one bathroom. Outdoor areas include backyard with bbq, art nook, guitar and gardening :)

Download here
    More pics here

GATAwhe.png

GpPL5ev.jpg

0cG6O3s.jpg

uzE2H1V.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    I wrote a little bit about the furnishing and design of the ground level of your Christmas home and the new revised outdoors areas in the other thread, and it is now very nice reading your accompanying descriptions for each of the picture of the areas of the build. It was great to read the details. You have put so much time, work and detail into each section! Each area, both indoors and outside look so very great! It is a very special home @Nore ! :)
  • Options
    @wrenstales - your gallery looks lovely! Great idea to add a coffee bar :smile:

@masajo - how do you keep coming up with such amazing creations my dear? The exterior of this build is so simple, yet it feels incredibly elegant, I think it has to do with how wonderfully you decorate and choose your wall treatments, also that red roof trim is just fantastic!! Your interiors are so cosy and feel so well loved. Great job as usual, honey.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top