Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Official The Sims 4 100 Baby Challenge [UPDATED ON DEC 29, 2018]

Comments

• Options
    SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    So, I started this challenge today, played for and hour and a half, got my Matriarch pregnant... and then had to restart. Ugh. Took her about the same amount of time the second time around, too.

Sims-4-Screenshot-2019.05.21-06.51.57.92.png

Anyway, this is my Matriarch, Brandi. And here is where you can follow her story.

simlife.meadow-bee.com/100-baby-challenge/

Ugh that's annoying, enjoy the challenge!
  • Options
    edited May 2019

@SimAlexandria - I usually don't edit what my kids look like genetically. I change their outfits, add makeup, etc. I remember in my 1st generation all of my teens were super scrawny and I wanted to desperately edit their bodies to put a little meat on their bones. But I held back and just let them be as they are.

I would love to download your Sims from the Gallery & use your young adult males as donors. That would be so cool :) My world is populated with a lot of my own Sims since the majority are vampires and MC has made them have a lot of kids.

Congrats on getting to Gen 2!! That's so exciting. & I love the family picture and names of your children. I've never thought of using a theme for naming my kids but you guys on here are inspiring me to try it in the next generation :)

Haha I use the ice cream machine to get there weight where I want to be but I don't edit it. Pretty much you're like me though, outfits and stuff like that but not genetics. Except I do the hairstyles too with same texture in color. And thanks! This is def my favorite save file. I'm not sure I'm going to want to quit at 100 haha. I have added some of my grown boys to the gallery but I haven't added Togo, Vancouver Melbourne or Chad yet. Will do that tonight
  • Options
    Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member

@SimAlexandria - I usually don't edit what my kids look like genetically. I change their outfits, add makeup, etc. I remember in my 1st generation all of my teens were super scrawny and I wanted to desperately edit their bodies to put a little meat on their bones. But I held back and just let them be as they are.

I would love to download your Sims from the Gallery & use your young adult males as donors. That would be so cool :) My world is populated with a lot of my own Sims since the majority are vampires and MC has made them have a lot of kids.

Congrats on getting to Gen 2!! That's so exciting. & I love the family picture and names of your children. I've never thought of using a theme for naming my kids but you guys on here are inspiring me to try it in the next generation :)

Haha I use the ice cream machine to get there weight where I want to be but I don't edit it. Pretty much you're like me though, outfits and stuff like that but not genetics. Except I do the hairstyles too with same texture in color. And thanks! This is def my favorite save file. I'm not sure I'm going to want to quit at 100 haha. I have added some of my grown boys to the gallery but I haven't added Togo, Vancouver Melbourne or Chad yet. Will do that tonight

@SimAlexandria - Oh my gosh, how did I not know that, about the ice cream machine. Thanks so much for that tip. Cool, I'll be on the lookout for your Sims in the Gallery.
  • Options

@SimAlexandria - Oh my gosh, how did I not know that, about the ice cream machine. Thanks so much for that tip. Cool, I'll be on the lookout for your Sims in the Gallery.

Haha yes if you eat weight of the world ice cream your Sims gain weight, if you eat diet ice cream they lose weight. Use this instead of exercising for them which sounds very unhealthy LOL! But at least it feels up there hunger at the same time haha! And they can even eat ice cream while watching TV and fill up their fun and hunger and lose weight at the same time lol!
  • Options
    ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    edited May 2019
    I've thought of starting this challenge on my Playstation this evening, but I vaguely recall someone saying there was an issue with moving the kids out on console.

I'm usually a PC player, so can any console players, that play this challenge, shed any light on how moving kids out works?
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    LyraTrishaLyraTrisha Posts: 122 Member
    ChelleJo wrote: »
    I've thought of starting this challenge on my Playstation this evening, but I vaguely recall someone saying there was an issue with moving the kids out on console.

I'm usually a PC player, so can any console players, that play this challenge, shed any light on how moving kids out works?

1. Save
    2. Go to Manage Worlds
    3. Go to Manage Households
    4. Edit Households
    5. Create New Household (if you don't already have one started
    6. Select the kids that can be moved and use the arrows to place them in the new household.
    7. Optional: place the new household in world so you can run into the kids randomly.
  • Options
    ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    LyraTrisha wrote: »
    ChelleJo wrote: »

1. Save
    2. Go to Manage Worlds
    3. Go to Manage Households
    4. Edit Households
    5. Create New Household (if you don't already have one started
    6. Select the kids that can be moved and use the arrows to place them in the new household.
    7. Optional: place the new household in world so you can run into the kids randomly.

Yes, I'm familiar with how to move them out, I just vaguely recall someone saying there was an issue with moving kids out on the console version. Something like, it takes household money to move them, or something? I know it was different then PC, cause I wasn't able to offer advice as I'm a PC player and they were a console player.
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    Africa is now a teen, Cairo and Mexico are still kids, Egypt and Athens are still tots, Asia and Serengeti became tots too. Full house still so no pregnancies.
    4rrqfl.jpg
  • Options
    easypeazeeasypeaze Posts: 140 Member
    @Maia84 Been watching your challenge and wow triplets already! I use the earbuds to keep up my girls fun.

I am up to 15 children 8 that actually count in the official total. Tori has aged up to an adult. She completed the painter aspiration and I was able to pick up the money tree. She is now working on the writing aspiration.

Tori's Bday
    2wce0oz.jpg

Always working on those skills
    2eove5f.jpg

Tori was up for an award and looks like she might have a new donor!
    r0avc0.jpg

I have 4 teens 2 children and 1 toddler. Arlene is at the counter, Elliot is sitting eating, Juliette is working on the Vampire Lore skill, Corey is dancing after having a meltdown lol, Maci is sitting having a convo with Gem and Maci's twin Cason was sleeping.
    zv7y2g.jpg

It's all in the wrist
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    Lucy potty trains Serengeti while Asia, Egypt and Athens watch so that they can raise their potty skill too.
    2aj9wmg.jpg

Africa aged up and moved out. Mexico & Cairo became teens. Lucy is pregnant with baby 26.
    2us7nlu.jpg

• Options
    chillyzgrrlchillyzgrrl Posts: 347 Member

Thanks! I'm enjoying it so far! The restart landed her a different pool of people in her welcoming committee and she wound up hooking up with Don Lothario and Dylan Sigworth (she is living in Strangerville and they are neighbors). I'm doing it as a series of Let's Plays, but I admit to playing more than further than I have uploaded videos.

• Options

Thanks! I'm enjoying it so far! The restart landed her a different pool of people in her welcoming committee and she wound up hooking up with Don Lothario and Dylan Sigworth (she is living in Strangerville and they are neighbors). I'm doing it as a series of Let's Plays, but I admit to playing more than further than I have uploaded videos.

Haha I was 21 babies behind from uploading. The recorder I was using is a bit of a pain cuz it stops without warning too so I kept missing thing. The last little bit I have decided to just quit recording and play. I bought the game to have fun and I don't really enjoy video editing anymore (Used to love it years ago lol, but it takes too long and there's other stuff I'd prefer to spend my limited free time doing haha!)
  • Options
    easypeaze wrote: »
    @Maia84 Been watching your challenge and wow triplets already! I use the earbuds to keep up my girls fun.

I am up to 15 children 8 that actually count in the official total. Tori has aged up to an adult. She completed the painter aspiration and I was able to pick up the money tree. She is now working on the writing aspiration.

Tori's Bday
    2wce0oz.jpg

Always working on those skills
    2eove5f.jpg

Tori was up for an award and looks like she might have a new donor!
    r0avc0.jpg

I have 4 teens 2 children and 1 toddler. Arlene is at the counter, Elliot is sitting eating, Juliette is working on the Vampire Lore skill, Corey is dancing after having a meltdown lol, Maci is sitting having a convo with Gem and Maci's twin Cason was sleeping.
    zv7y2g.jpg

That first photo looks like she's hosting a cooking show haha!!!

In the 2nd one I LOVE the way you captured the moon in the background.

What are the rainbows over their heads in the final photo? My family gets those sometimes when they come home from school but I haven't figured out what they mean yet, lol!
  • Options
    easypeazeeasypeaze Posts: 140 Member
    @SimAlexandria I believe those rainbows are from having the lot trait good schools. Thank you! Loving your family! 26! Are you still on your 1st matriarch? Oh and I feel like all she does is cook and laundry lol.
    It's all in the wrist
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    easypeaze wrote: »
    @SimAlexandria I believe those rainbows are from having the lot trait good schools. Thank you! Loving your family! 26! Are you still on your 1st matriarch? Oh and I feel like all she does is cook and laundry lol.

No I'm on my second matriarch! Haha my first had 12 kids and this one is pregnant with her 14th. My first matriarch is the Sim in my profile picture. And LOL I purposely did not put laundry into this game haha! I would say what she does all day is more equivalent to potty training and flirting with the next baby daddy haha
  • Options
    Ashley745Ashley745 Posts: 297 Member
    edited May 2019
    Thanks for all the sweet comments about my last post. You all are amazing.

@SimAlexandria I love watching the challenges on youtube when my internet works. I’ll be sure to check yours out even if you don’t post anymore on there.

I mostly just edit their hairstyle and clothes, but even then I just randomize until something catches my eyes most of the time. I hadn’t even considered adding freckles to them. It’s sad that those don’t carry over from the parents. I would love to use some of your kids for my challenge.

I love all the pictures of your family and the naming theme you are using. Lucy has had 14 already and is pregnant with another? Is she close to being an elder or do you think she’ll have a lot more?

@Maia84 I typically take a lot of pictures of my legacy so I guess it’s become a habit at this point to take so many. I’ve been watching your challenge, but I’m a little behind. The last one I watched was where she had the vampire babies. I hope all those little ones don’t drive you to crazy.

@chillyzgrrl Best of luck with your challenge. I love that you are using Brandi Newbie and giving her a whole new story. I don’t blame her for being so tense around all those bears.
    Check out my stories
    Andrews Legacy (Currently on Gen 3)
    Christy's 100 Baby Challenge
    Robinson Collab Legacy (Currently on Gen 2)
  • Options
    More from my challenge
    Last time I mentioned that Kayla had a baby named Asher. He aged up into a toddler so I’ll share a picture of him now.

Zw9Zn24.png

Nathan also aged up into a teenager

at0RzmL.png

Donor #5 was Allie Pruitt, another randomly generated sim Kayla met.

yhChmEC.png

Kayla found out that Allie had a big secret after they tried for a baby.

YUyWs9B.png

Allie was still hanging around when Kayla took a pregnancy test, and she was not happy to hear that they were expecting. Apparently Allie hates children. Good thing she doesn’t have to be around the baby after this moment.

ZzI4bJB.png

Some birthdays were had. Gemma aged into a kid and Joshua aged into a teenager.

rtGO1nz.png

xc0Lrfi.png

Kayla’s 5th baby was a girl, Althea. She has been a handful so far and is a very fussy little girl.

DvOHH3l.png

no51yOs.png

iCj0Y8V.png

I found the kids all in front of the tv so here is a quick family photo

saPY2QY.png
    Check out my stories
  • Options
    Ashley745 wrote: »

@SimAlexandria I love watching the challenges on youtube when my internet works. I’ll be sure to check yours out even if you don’t post anymore on there.

I mostly just edit their hairstyle and clothes, but even then I just randomize until something catches my eyes most of the time. I hadn’t even considered adding freckles to them. It’s sad that those don’t carry over from the parents. I would love to use some of your kids for my challenge.

I love all the pictures of your family and the naming theme you are using. Lucy has had 14 already and is pregnant with another? Is she close to being an elder or do you think she’ll have a lot more? .

She has 13 and is pregnant with 14. I counted the pregnancy as a baby before. Yes I think she'll have a lot more she's only halfway to adult stage, not even quite she's closer to the young adult then the adult line. What a big difference from my first matriarch who only got 12 kids in before becoming an elder haha! Although Lucy has had six sets of twins so far let's get some out of it quicker hahaha! My first matriarch ended up with four sets of twins overall and 4 individual babies. So far Lucy has only had one individual baby and the rest of them twins. I suspect this one will be her second individual baby though because there's only room in the house for one more kid. The only chance we have is if I managed to age up another kid and get him out of the house before she gives birth but it's pretty slim chance that we're going to manage that because it's the weekend right now and she's almost in the second trimester. The weekend just started.
  • Options
    If it reaches a kid's birthday before they get there a in school, do you age them up anyways? Or do you wait until they automatically age up the next day? I've always been waiting until they automatically age up the next day but I've been wondering if it's okay to age them up once it reaches their birthday lol! I love this generation I'm doing much better about getting the skills up ahead of time anyways
  • Options
    chillyzgrrlchillyzgrrl Posts: 347 Member

Haha I was 21 babies behind from uploading. The recorder I was using is a bit of a pain cuz it stops without warning too so I kept missing thing. The last little bit I have decided to just quit recording and play. I bought the game to have fun and I don't really enjoy video editing anymore (Used to love it years ago lol, but it takes too long and there's other stuff I'd prefer to spend my limited free time doing haha!)

I feel you there! I did the Build Newcrest challenge without blogging or anything, just playing. Finished in about 5 months. Would still be doing it if I had to stop and blog. But I like sharing with people, so I figured maybe Let's Plays would be somehow easier. But my instinct is the play ahead?

Ashley745 wrote: »

@chillyzgrrl Best of luck with your challenge. I love that you are using Brandi Newbie and giving her a whole new story. I don’t blame her for being so tense around all those bears.

Brandi was always one of my favorite Sims2 premades. I like the challenge of getting her out of her trailer and into a real home. So this was a fun thing for me. I did upload a version of her, Dustin and Beau (with the Skip baby) to the Gallery, too.

The bears are so weird! If you can get a sim to get over the bear-freak out, they can make friends, but Brandi just gets overwhelmed.

I've added a couple more chapters to my Let's Play...

Episode 2 & Episode 3

Between these two episodes, Brandi got pregnant with Don Lothario's twins, found out Don is a creepy stalker, had the babies, had Don totally ditch her at the sight of his kids, and then we never heard from him again! Also she successfully seduced neighbor Dylan Sigworth. Her married neighbor. Fun times!
  • Options
    I discovered that if you open up the kids toy boxes and drag their toys all over the house, and then click on the toy box with a Sim and click to clean up the toys, they learn responsibility for every single toy they pick up and they will do it all on their own one after the other so you don't have to keep telling them to do it again. A quick way to get that responsibility trade up when you want to age up a teenager and don't quite have it at trait range yet
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    India called us up and invited us to her birthday party so we went. This is how we were greeted... Has she joined a cult??

efxhu.jpg

And then this happened... Go Aunt Katie! (on the right... this is our Matriarch Lucy's twin sister.)
    Please do not look too closely at the face of the Cairo (Next right) who now has two noses?

2wnuwpg.jpg

Lucy had the chance to catch up with her twin Katie and older brother Jeremiah.

2m6rfk5.jpg

Lucy enjoys Thanksgiving Dinner with her family while reflecting on the fact that the last time she celebrated Thanksgiving in this kitchen it was her own mother Alexandria's last meal as she passed away the next day. Lucy was the same age as her 4 kid aged children at the time.

2im86mu.jpg

Generation 2 of the Homework Club work on their Motor Skills, here are twins Egypt and Athens, and twins Asia and Serengeti playing on the monkey bars. (Asia and Athens are sitting on top of the monkey bars, Egypt and Serengeti are swinging from them)

v8engm.jpg

Lucy gave birth to another set of boy/boy twins. This is her 7th set of twins (4 of which have been boy/boy). She named them Amazon and Everest and they are now toddlers and are identical. (Actually other than the hair, Asia and Serengeti appear to be identical too when you see them in CAS) Cairo and Mexico are young adults and Cairo moved out but Mexico has stuck around for a little bit until we have another teen.)

Our current Family Photo from Left to Right: Asia, Amazon, Lucy, Egypt, Everest, Mexico, Athens and Serengeti. Assuming we'll have a lot more kids, but if anything were to happen to Lucy now, Serengeti is our current heir as the youngest female.

24ayddg.jpg

• Options
    peppernicolepeppernicole Posts: 1 New Member
    I just got the Sims 4 during the sale and I'm really looking forward to completing this challenge over summer! I don't have any of the extra packs - just the basic version, but that's what was free and it's still do-able, just without some of the extra content. Do you have any advice before I start? I'm about to finish making my matriarch/founder/mom and am considering giving her the Big happy family, creative, romantic, and family-oriented ambitions and traits. Does that seem like a good combo? Also I think I'm going to make her a painter/photographer but would freelance writing or programming be considered a career/against the rules? And how long has this taken yall? I know the first posts were from a few years back. Thanks in advance <3
  • Options
    I just got the Sims 4 during the sale and I'm really looking forward to completing this challenge over summer! I don't have any of the extra packs - just the basic version, but that's what was free and it's still do-able, just without some of the extra content. Do you have any advice before I start? I'm about to finish making my matriarch/founder/mom and am considering giving her the Big happy family, creative, romantic, and family-oriented ambitions and traits. Does that seem like a good combo? Also I think I'm going to make her a painter/photographer but would freelance writing or programming be considered a career/against the rules? And how long has this taken yall? I know the first posts were from a few years back. Thanks in advance <3

Welcome to Sims 4 and the challenge! I can't tell you how long it takes because I'm still working on it. I'm about a quarter of a way through and it really will depend on how you play. Without any of the extra packs you should be able to get through it a little bit quicker because you have a couple s rules like you don't have to punish the kids every time they make a mess or throw a tantrum, and you also don't have to get teens up into trait range before aging them as young adults. But you'll still get all the rest of the fun parts of this challenge! This challenge has been my favorite way to play for ages hahaha! It is a lot of fun

Yes seems like a great combination for your matriarch. And yes you can use the freelance careers. So far I have found painting the best way to make money but I haven't done too much with the new freelance careers yet. I find you don't make that much money with photography but maybe that's just cuz I haven't gone that far with the photography career. I really like Photography in real life, but it isn't really done the best in The Sims. That's just my opinion though. You can also write without doing it as a freelancer, you can just write books and publish them yourself but yes the freelance way of doing it is allowed to.

I was using writing at first, but I switched painting for money. Writing takes way longer then painting to complete a book. The advantages that you get money for the finished book every day and a painting is a one-time sale, however the amount you get for the book you publish is less and less over time and if something happens to your matriarch you lose all the royalties that were coming in. I don't know but I found that it didn't brought in a lot more income in the long run
  • Options
    I discovered that if you open up the kids toy boxes and drag their toys all over the house, and then click on the toy box with a Sim and click to clean up the toys, they learn responsibility for every single toy they pick up and they will do it all on their own one after the other so you don't have to keep telling them to do it again. A quick way to get that responsibility trade up when you want to age up a teenager and don't quite have it at trait range yet

This is a great tip. I have never really used the toy box before so I didn’t realize that it brought up their responsibility so quickly. During my last play session, I started making the kids do this in the morning before school and it has already made such a difference.

@peppernicole Welcome to the challenge. If you have the free time, I would really take the chance to go back through this thread because there are a lot of wonderful little tips and tricks for this challenge in here that will help you along. For example, it was recommended that you change your matriarchs aspiration a lot. Mine started with the Serial Romantic one, but when she wasn’t trying to seduce her next donor, I would switch it to the Collector, Painter, or Botanist ones to continue getting her points up. Toddlers learn faster when someone (adult or teen) helps them. The giant stuffed animals are a great way to get communication for your toddlers quickly.

Like I mentioned before, my matriarch worked with painting and gardening to earn money for her family. If you can get a garden full of dragon fruit, you will be set for generations on money. I haven’t managed to get there yet since I have Seasons and it seems to be making dragon fruit impossible to grow, but I’ve still made a pretty good living off of Snapdragons, Roses, and Strawberries (just make sure your matriarch doesn’t eat the strawberries) in addition to painting.

I’ve been playing my save for about a week now and am almost to 10 babies. Lots of single births though so you might go faster than me. Like SimAlexandria said, it depends on how you play and how often you get to play.
    Check out my stories

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top