Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Custom Content Issues

Hi guys,

I've downloaded some custom clothing and hairstyles for Sims 4 and saved each item in the Documents->EA Games->Sims 4->Mods folder and saved the items under multiple named folders e.g. women's clothes, men's hair...
Each file has been unzipped and is saved as a package. file but they're still not transferring over to the game.
I've downloaded just over 50 files and yet, only 1 file is working in the game and appearing during the start up to warn me of custom content.
Please help?

Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    AstasiaAstasia Posts: 238 Member
    Make your resource.cfg look something like this:

Priority 500

PackedFile *.package

PackedFile *\*.package

PackedFile *\*\*.package

PackedFile *\*\*\*.package

DirectoryFiles unpackedmod autoupdate
  • Options
    dark5id3dark5id3 Posts: 2,476 Member
    edited September 2014
    You need to go to MTS and get the resource.cfg file that allows the game to read subfolders. Give me a minute and I will see if I can find it for you.

Here you go http://modthesims.info/t/531644

After you change the resource file, don't 'save as'. Just 'save'.
    2rxu2ph.png
  • Options
    JoxerTM22JoxerTM22 Posts: 5,323 Member
    edited September 2014
    You should ask the author of the mod or on the site you've downloaded the mod from.

But okay... You're new. From what I know so far:

Currently you shouldn't unzip mods unless those are in .package file format. Keep them zipped in mods folder, unzip only .package mods.
    You shouldn't touch resource.cfg file at all - if you must do that, then the mod is not made properly.
  • Options
    mgomezmgomez Posts: 126 Member
    Instead of putting in a resource.cfg, why doesn't The Sims 4 do a recursive search? I always wondered why the game had to complicate itself with parsing yet another file in order to parse other files. It doesn't seem to make any sense (except, of course, in the case of testing a scripted mod).
  • Options
    simsplayer359simsplayer359 Posts: 1 New Member
    PLEASE HELP!!! I have deleted my resource.cfg folder! What do I do?!?!
  • Options
    Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,454 Member

It'll regenerate itself the next time you launch the game.
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    edited February 2016

Hello @simsplayer359.
    When you launch the game, a new resource.cfg file will be generated.

If it isn't generated, you can download another file from this site
    http://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/08/mods-and-downloads/
    Press the file picture that has the arrow on it which is halfway down the page. Then unzip the folder and place the file into your mods folder.
  • Options
    Asamuel1216Asamuel1216 Posts: 1 New Member
    I need help. I have looked at so many forums and nothing is helping me to get my cc back. It hasn't been working for a while and I've tried everything I can find. Everything is turned on in game, I have tried leaving one thing in the mods folder that I know works in game, and still nothing will show up in CAS or at startup, even though I have the show at startup box ticked. I just downloaded all new cc yesterday and have been trying to get it to work since then. When I check in the options where it says show custom content and script mods, everything is empty. Does anyone know how to help me??
  • Options
    Linds_the_kittyLinds_the_kitty Posts: 565 Member
    edited July 2016
    @Asamuel1216 Custom Content doesn't really work at this point in the game. Had the same situation as you; One day, all my CC disappeared on some random day.
  • Options
    I need help. I have looked at so many forums and nothing is helping me to get my cc back. It hasn't been working for a while and I've tried everything I can find. Everything is turned on in game, I have tried leaving one thing in the mods folder that I know works in game, and still nothing will show up in CAS or at startup, even though I have the show at startup box ticked. I just downloaded all new cc yesterday and have been trying to get it to work since then. When I check in the options where it says show custom content and script mods, everything is empty. Does anyone know how to help me??

Hello @Asamuel1216
    Try right clicking the sims 4 picture in origin and click check for updates. Make sure that your game is up to date. If if isn't, then update the game.
    Then go to game options and tick the " enable custom content and mods" button which is found in :
    Options | Other | Enable Custom Content and Mods. Also tick the script mods allowed button.
    Exit the game. Then go back into the game again and see if the cc appears then.

If the issue remains, try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then add back the "options.ini" file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music "folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders.
    Don't put back the old mods folder. Instead, place your cc/mods into the newly generated mods folder. Then test to see if that helps
  • Options
    alessandrayokoalessandrayoko Posts: 1 New Member
    hi, so I downloaded a few CC and the only problem is that in CAS I have to take the gender filter (feminine, masculine) off to find all the hairs, makeup and clothing (and I mean really ALL the clothes and stuff, even the ones that aren't CC). I find that soooo annoying and I wonder if there's anything I can do fix it :)
  • Options
    Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,778 Member
    hi, so I downloaded a few CC and the only problem is that in CAS I have to take the gender filter (feminine, masculine) off to find all the hairs, makeup and clothing (and I mean really ALL the clothes and stuff, even the ones that aren't CC). I find that soooo annoying and I wonder if there's anything I can do fix it :)

You can download Sims 4 Studio (you will need to join the site but, it is free) and that will allow you to change those permissions for CC:

http://sims4studio.com/ there should be an easy tutorial on how to change those items

• Options
    Bananas_45 wrote: »

You can download Sims 4 Studio (you will need to join the site but, it is free) and that will allow you to change those permissions for CC:

http://sims4studio.com/ there should be an easy tutorial on how to change those items

Hello @alessandrayoko
    This tutorial may help
    http://sims4studio.com/thread/2323/recategorize-custom-content-using-studio
  • Options
    EllenwilsEllenwils Posts: 3 New Member
    Right so im having the same problem. Ive downloaded some cc and put it in the mods folder but when i start the gme and go on options to view cc nothing is there. so im gone through loads of forums and cant find any solution. Mods are enabled and at this point im a bit sus that ea has ompletely stopped mods, can anyone help
  • Options
    EllenwilsEllenwils Posts: 3 New Member
    ive had cc before were it has worked and have no idea what to do
  • Options
    NekoboyGamesNekoboyGames Posts: 37 Member
    I need help. I downloaded an androidbodysuit CC and It's really cool, but it has started to appear in game as sims nudeskin, so when they, for example shower, it looks like they shower with a whole bodysuit on.

Also, is there a way to find out which cc it is that doesn't work in game and only appears as invisible in cas? I have all mesh that's needed according to the creator, so don't know what the problem is.

And last. Why does it appear that some cc have bodyparts attached to them? One t-shirt gives the sim a broad male torso, another appears on children as hotpants with adult female legs that makes it look like the child is walking between 2 legs.
  • Options
    Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,778 Member
    edited February 2019
    I need help. I downloaded an androidbodysuit CC and It's really cool, but it has started to appear in game as sims nudeskin, so when they, for example shower, it looks like they shower with a whole bodysuit on.

Also, is there a way to find out which cc it is that doesn't work in game and only appears as invisible in cas? I have all mesh that's needed according to the creator, so don't know what the problem is.

And last. Why does it appear that some cc have bodyparts attached to them? One t-shirt gives the sim a broad male torso, another appears on children as hotpants with adult female legs that makes it look like the child is walking between 2 legs.

The first issue may be solved by running the Sims 4 Studio batch fix called "Disallow CC for shower"
    http://sims4studio.com/ you will need to become a member to download the program but, membership is free.
    Here's a how-to for the batch fix: http://sims4studio.com/thread/1658/batch-custom-items-sims-shower

You can use Sims 4 Studio to view all of your CC by file name and delete any items you don't want. You can see the CC in a window and tell if there is a problem.

It is possible that the t-shirt was designed to broaden the torso, you could check with the site you downloaded it from and the other file is broken, again check with the creator maybe they can update it.
  • Options
    NekoboyGamesNekoboyGames Posts: 37 Member
    Thanks, will check it out right now.

I've downloaded all my cc from TSR, except a few things I got bc I needed the mesh, the 3d eyelashes or some hairstyles. But it is possible that the creators don't update their old stuffs bc they are busy working on new things.