Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Hey EA are you going to change the eating times??

i don't want to rant to much but for the first time I just timed my sim from the minute she took the cereal out of the fridge until she finished eating. One sim hour - yes One hour to eat a bowl of cereal, probably because she did the usual changing seats, random boyfriend hugging and then following him around. What makes it worse is it appears the cereal is only three or four mouthfuls anyway lol. Seriously EA you cannot think this is realistic. Seriously hope they sort this but have a feeling we are stuck with it.
If the Apocalypse comes beep me

Comments

• Options
    Faith12368Faith12368 Posts: 2,997 Member
    Eww, I hope so, after an hour that cereal has to be pretty soggy! ;)
    Long live the new Doctor!
  • Options
    ContessaClaidieContessaClaidie Posts: 263 Member
    They made the day longer 1 hour is not what it used to be :D
    “Wisdom is not a product of schooling but of the lifelong attempt to acquire it.” - Albert Einstein
    I own all Sims 1 to 4 + Expansion, Stuff Packs but if I had to pick a favorite it would be Sims 2
    4.5 Ghz Processor, 32 Gb of Ram, 3x Geforce GTX Titan Z Extreme Edition, 1 TB SSD
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    TheBuffster73TheBuffster73 Posts: 201 Member
    True but still takes an hour when in sims 3 it takes around twenty minutes.. I'm being picky I know :#
    If the Apocalypse comes beep me
  • Options
    LisaHahnLisaHahn Posts: 171 Member
    They did this in the sims 2 also.. Then in the sims 3 they ate like there was no tomorrow and again in the sims 4 they take forever.
  • Options
    HattyLouHattyLou Posts: 430 Member
    The moving chairs thing is ridiculous and the getting up to hug etc. but I like it when they're all sat around the table having a chat and eating, then I don't mind that it takes them longer to eat! I found in TS3 they inhaled their food and I missed the family sitting down together bonding.
  • Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    I have issues where even if my whole family is sat down to eat, we get musical chairs being played and it's soooo frustrating. Just sit and eat! Oh and over an hour to drink a tea or coffee-even if that's all they are doing without any multitasking!
  • Options
    sarahzsmylsarahzsmyl Posts: 1,307 Member
    LisaHahn wrote: »
    They did this in the sims 2 also.. Then in the sims 3 they ate like there was no tomorrow and again in the sims 4 they take forever.

That actually started with TS2NL. Before then, they would eat and chitchat a bit, but the meal would be over fairly quickly. Especially if your Neatness was 5 or less. Once Night Life came out, meals suddenly took forever. TwoJeffs created a mod that made them talk less and eat more. Was awesome. I still have and use it, lol.

Origin, Steam, PSN, XBL - FyreFlyeRush

• Options
    CeliriaCeliria Posts: 3,488 Member
    Well don't multitask while eating. If your trying to divert your attention between multiple things at once of course it is going to take longer.
  • Options
    LisaHahnLisaHahn Posts: 171 Member
    > @sarahzsmyl said:
    > LisaHahn wrote: »
    >
    > They did this in the sims 2 also.. Then in the sims 3 they ate like there was no tomorrow and again in the sims 4 they take forever.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > That actually started with TS2NL. Before then, they would eat and chitchat a bit, but the meal would be over fairly quickly. Especially if your Neatness was 5 or less. Once Night Life came out, meals suddenly took forever. TwoJeffs created a mod that made them talk less and eat more. Was awesome. I still have and use it, lol.
    Yeah i remember now? Its been a long time since i played the sims 2
  • Options
    Zolt65Zolt65 Posts: 8,272 Member
    Celiria wrote: »
    Well don't multitask while eating. If your trying to divert your attention between multiple things at once of course it is going to take longer.

No, the point is your sims automatically do these things. You tell your sim to eat then they 'multi-task' like crazy.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Marcus Aurelius
  • Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    Celiria wrote: »

Like I posted earlier it happens to me even if they are alone, or just sitting there eating at the table with no multi tasking stuff going on.

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    Jimboola11Jimboola11 Posts: 1,850 Member
    My culinary career 'foodie' can take over TWO HOURS eating her food by the time she has sniffed, giggled, gazed off into the ditance, taken some pictures of the food, chatted, moved around the chairs a few times for no good reason. I just can't play that family now as she is just too annoying. I just end up shouting at the screen...and I don't play Sims for that. :o
  • Options
    ConclueConclue Posts: 2,307 Member
    LOL this is the same as Sims 2. It's the one thing that kinda annoyed me about Sims 2 - and they had fixed it at one point, but another EP or patch caused it to happen. Basically, its because they sit around talking too long.

It took the Wiley's (Dina's household) 3.5 hours to have dinner with friends one night. :o It's fine I suppose. The worst is my restuarant family. The chef always prepares something for the employees and family to eat. They sit together and eat at the end of the night but they sit way longer than the customers!! LOL I have to constantly "sethour" so that it doesn't run into next business day (for my receipts LOL)
  • Options
    VlaxitovVlaxitov Posts: 5,798 Member
    LisaHahn wrote: »

In TS2 you could go to a restaurant to sit down and eat with a date and that would take less time than pulling a bowl of yogurt out of the fridge and eating it in TS4.

The real issue is that the multitasking in this game is sometimes hardly smart.

Sims shouldn't always wander off to the top floor of a house for the sake of talking to someone on the toilet while they eat.

They need to clean up multitasking.

• Options
    Jimboola11Jimboola11 Posts: 1,850 Member
    @Vlaxitov 'hardly smart' is an understatement. The AI and interactions show all the signs of an idea that was barely tested. :\
  • Options
    MsPhyMsPhy Posts: 5,055 Member
    If I want my Sims to hurry up and eat, I cancel our the other interactions as they come up. I'm rarely in that much of a hurry, however.
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    I use hyper speed when they eat, unless I'm getting up to get my own snack. I can actually make one faster than they can.
  • Options
    The only problem with Hyperspeed is that it's still "real" Sim time. So, in order for my Sim Teens/Kids to have a nice family breakfast together, I have to get them up by 5am, so they can jog, shower, etc while Mom cooks (which also takes exceedingly long) and be ready to eat by 6:30...and they MIGHT be out the door by 8:30.

• Options
    VlaxitovVlaxitov Posts: 5,798 Member
    MsPhy wrote: »
    If I want my Sims to hurry up and eat, I cancel our the other interactions as they come up. I'm rarely in that much of a hurry, however.

I do that too and its still takes longer than it should and is irritating.

• Options
    MsPhyMsPhy Posts: 5,055 Member
    Vlaxitov wrote: »

Clearly you're in more of a hurry than I am ;-) Sorry for your irritation. Perhaps they will improve things.
  • Options
    Vlaxitov wrote: »

Clearly you're in more of a hurry than I am ;-) Sorry for your irritation. Perhaps they will improve things.

I think this is a design feature and it should stay. In truth, only the musical chairs bothers me to the point of insanity. But, I would like a mod that lessens the chitchar, and removes the musical chairs entirely. Your daughter really doesn't want you to come talk to her while she's taking a shower.

• Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,552 Member
    I like that families can sit and chat together over a meal. But I think that they ought to alter the 'quick meal' option to be just that - a quick meal. So that, if you are in a hurry, you can get your sims to choose one of the quick meal options instead of a 'proper' meal and they will wolf it down and be ready for whatever is next.

That way, we'd have a nice choice of taking it slow or taking it fast depending on what we make our sims eat.