Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Lynnwood's ISBI Challenge Rules for TS4! - 3/15 Growing Together Rules Update!

Comments

• Options
    mojot89mojot89 Posts: 10,041 Member
    edited September 2016
    Question: When you complete an aspiration is that counted as both completing the aspiration AND completing a milestone? Also, can you complete multiple Aspirations per TH?

@Lynnwood
    Post edited by mojot89 on
  • Options
    SalisaSalisa Posts: 108 Member
    I used to do one for TS3 and love love love this challenge. I created a website and started my challenge, though I will wait to post the link until I my member status changes and I can actually do that. xD

Meanwhile I will start reading up on the other blogs!
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    I would love to have my ISBI added to the list if possible. It's in my signature - or you can click below. :)

Looking for love in all the wrong places.
  • Options
    LynnwoodLynnwood Posts: 2,980 Member
  • Options
    @Lynnwood - Thank you!
  • Options
    Raey0nRaey0n Posts: 203 Member
    As a sims addict/teen gamer and a self confessed control freak :lol: I'm definitely gonna give this a try. I have a blog already because I'm currently doing the Alphabetacy. 26 generations
    :worried: it's still super fun though.

:heart: For now, I'm gonna keep an eye out on this thread to see what my fellow simmers are getting up to :smiley:
  • Options
    @xSimsForLifex - Woot! Glad to hear it! I hope you have lots of fun, and let us know how crazy it gets! I'm currently obssessed with WoW : Legion, but I still check back here every few days for updates. :)
  • Options
    VintageHorizonsVintageHorizons Posts: 92 Member
    Ha!
    This should be interesting...
    Giving it a try!
    tumblr_na1qnrADue1qc1250o1_500.gif
  • Options
    VinoCroweVinoCrowe Posts: 21 Member
    I cannot believe that I just found out about this! I am so ashamed!
    I am writing a short story based off of a sim town I created for my sim-family challenges, and I just came upon this one!
    I can't wait to begin this! I am a micro-manager at my core and I am certain that I am going to lose my head! But, I feel like that's the point of this particular challenge!
  • Options
    @VintageHorizons - Yaassssss, more players. Lol, I hope you have fun!!

@VinoCrowe - All that matters is you're here now! :) And losing your mind and yelling at the screen really is half the fun of this challenge lol, take it from another serious micro-manager. I hope you enjoy!

And remember, if anyone starts up a published story/challenge/blog/etc, be sure to let me know and I'll add u to our reading list!!
  • Options
    VinoCroweVinoCrowe Posts: 21 Member
    @Lynnwood - Thanks for what I will call encouragement in my case! I will need it, that is for sure! I will be posting my ISBI story to my YouTube, and once I get the channel and everything set up I will let you know so that you can put it in the thread! I'd love for people to watch the struggle ahah!
  • Options
    Did some house cleaning on the blogs/let's plays post. If your story has not been updated for more than 3 months, it's now in the 'On Hiatus' section. If your blog link was no longer active, or if you stated that your challenge was now abandoned or cancelled, I removed it from the list entirely. If your story has been moved or deleted in error, please comment here or message me and I'll get it straightened out.

Also . . . I may or may not have FINALLY started my own ISBI challenge . . . so look for that in the upcoming weeks. :)
  • Options
    Minor rules update today concerning Lot Traits. B)
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    A question for my fellow ISBI-ers out there . . . what are your thoughts on using 'The Hand of God?' (Aka, dragging and dropping dishes/books/etc yourself). Should it be allowed? Or should the sims be forced to deal with the mess (or not) on autonomy and/or having to direct your TH to take care of it themselves?

Also, thoughts on maids/nannys/repairmen? Should they be allowed or disallowed?
  • Options
    Still looking for some feedback for the above questions pls. :) Ty in advance!
  • Options
    ginnymalfoy22ginnymalfoy22 Posts: 404 Member
    Lynnwood wrote: »
    A question for my fellow ISBI-ers out there . . . what are your thoughts on using 'The Hand of God?' (Aka, dragging and dropping dishes/books/etc yourself). Should it be allowed? Or should the sims be forced to deal with the mess (or not) on autonomy and/or having to direct your TH to take care of it themselves?

Also, thoughts on maids/nannys/repairmen? Should they be allowed or disallowed?

I've always just gone with playing like normal but only controlling the one sim, so I've been using 'the Hand of God', but only when things have been left for awhile and I actually notice it. I never even considered it could be against the spirit of the challenge, but I guess it kind of is.

As for maids, nannies, and repairmen, I haven't used them at all, but I'm a bit cautious about the money, even seven generations in, because the family gets big bills and you can really only rely on one sim getting promotions and bringing in a decent amount of simoleons. I wouldn't rule it out, though, as the poor TH has to deal with so much, hiring a bit of help should be okay. Have previous ISBI challenges in TS3 and TS2 allowed you to hire services?
  • Options
    @ginnymalfoy22 - Ty for responding with your 2 cents!

I believe the TS2 and TS3 challenges actually DO disallow maids and repairmen. You were actually docked points for having any sort of service sim show up (like the auto-hired babysitters if toddler or infant sims were left on the lot alone). But you also bring up a good point with the TH potentially being overworked . . . I suppose I could make a separate 'Hard Mode' version of the challenge, where these things (Hand of God, service sims, clubs, etc) would be against the rules. But for the regular challenge that so many have already been playing for years now, they'd remain in bounds.
  • Options
    Rules update today, with the addition of Hard Mode. :) Let me know your thoughts!
  • Options
    ginnymalfoy22ginnymalfoy22 Posts: 404 Member
    @Lynnwood I'm going to take on the Hard Mode rules from now. I haven't hired any services yet anyway, but I'll stop using the hand of god too. I think it's a good addition, and I like that it's optional.
  • Options
    @ginnymalfoy22 - Woot! I'm glad you approve the changes. Good luck on your challenge!
  • Options
    petunia302007petunia302007 Posts: 75 Member
    I'm just joining the party, and do not want to read this entire thread, but where are we standing on creating clubs? You could easily get your NTH's to do alot of things simply by placing them in a club and setting the activity to whatever you want them to do (ie. homework). This feels awful cheaty to me, but wanted to know where people stood.
  • Options
    @petunia302007 Clubs is indeed a touchy subject. I didn't want to deny them out of hand because that denies gameplay, but there is some potential for serious exploitation. My official ruling was that you could create one using similar rules as the standard Pinstar legacy challenge. The difference being that you can't arbitrarily change club activities to suit what you need your NTHs to do at any given time. So it's more a personal policing issue really.
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited January 2017
    Do teens get points for A's in high school too, or just kids?

Do NTH kids get extra points for completing child aspirations, like adults do, or just the standard points for a milestone?

Are there any points/deductions in place for abductions, apart from birth points?

List of services for hard mode - Gardeners/Pizza?

Alien NTH - Is changing to/from disguise a free action or a lifestage one? I ask because it effects childrens' genetics.

I like to make sure kids inherit something from their parents so I tend to randomise the first (child) trait from the parents traits (unless they are adopted or have an unknown parent such as in abduction, then I randomise fully) - Does this count as randomising for the point of scoring?

Do I get bonus points for putting the Cursed lot trait on for lulz? :p (Though there should be something in place for negative or randomised lot traits)

J/k with that last one.

I'm playing in hard mode too, though I occasionally forget and HOG something.

Post edited by EmmaVane on
  • Options
    @EmmaVane

Teens get points for A's.

NTH's get points for completing child aspirations, as well as milestones.

Abductions do not add or take points.

Hmmmm . . . I'm gonna say yes to Gardeners and Pizza being restricted on Hard Mode.

To and from disguise is a free action, much like changing clothes.

The way you randomise that trait is fine (that's how Pinstar's trait randomizer works anyhow, it uses the parents' traits).

And LOL @ Cursed lot trait. Good luck on your challenge, and I hope these answers help.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top