Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Lynnwood's ISBI Challenge Rules for TS4! - 3/15 Growing Together Rules Update!

Comments

• Options
    LynnwoodLynnwood Posts: 2,980 Member
    @Tentacrocacles - I'll add you to the list! :)

@solvorsh - If you want me to add yours, you'll need to do what Tentacrocacles did, because I tried to search for yours and never found anything. :(
  • Options
    TentacrocaclesTentacrocacles Posts: 449 Member
    Lynnwood wrote: »
    @Tentacrocacles - I'll add you to the list! :)

@solvorsh - If you want me to add yours, you'll need to do what Tentacrocacles did, because I tried to search for yours and never found anything. :(

Good timing, charlotte and Summer just had triplets (they already had two boys) and I'm so stressed trying to get Charlotte to care for them whilst making sure there's enough food in the fridge so nobody tries to cook and makes a fire, and making sure Charlotte gets just enough of her needs met so she doesn't just die.

Can't wait till my first two boys grow up so I can kick them out :|

I'm super unhappy because I was trying to get a girl for them and the game taunted me with triplets. All boys.
    A link to my most recent build in the gallery

tumblr_inline_okebxv2e9a1shjovd_1280.png
  • Options
    @Tentacrocacles - LOL I feel your pain on the 'all-boys' curse. My Disney Alphabetacy is having the same problem. 2 generations running, 7 children and all boys. :P I've also somehow managed to have twins for the first birth of each generation (there's been 3 so far). My luck in that game tho . . . XD
  • Options
    StormyDayzStormyDayz Posts: 4,035 Member
    There's that strawberries for girls thing now... I've never done it so I'm not sure how well it works.
  • Options
    I finally got that girl. Only had to blast pop music in the house for the entire pregnancy. Either it was a random chance or that did the trick.

In other news Artemis (one the many sons) and two of his younger brothers just walked in on his parents Woohooing and he just stared at it and smiled.

I documented it on the blog but I don't know why that happened?

He also didn't get the embarassment moodlet. I'm weirded out.

• Options
    I finally got that girl. Only had to blast pop music in the house for the entire pregnancy. Either it was a random chance or that did the trick.

In other news Artemis (one the many sons) and two of his younger brothers just walked in on his parents Woohooing and he just stared at it and smiled.

I documented it on the blog but I don't know why that happened?

He also didn't get the embarassment moodlet. I'm weirded out.

Grats on the girl. I've never heard the pop music thing! That's really strange about the woohoo! My kids always get embarrassed. I had one recently walk in on them twice in a row. I was like kid didn't you learn your lesson the first time?!
  • Options
    @Tentacrocacles - Grats on your Butterfly Onesie! It must have been random though. As far as I know, music and/or tv don't affect baby genders in TS4. Only food (strawberries for girls, carrots for boys if I remember correctly).

And it sounds as tho you have a little creeper-🐸🐸🐸🐸 sim child! Lolol
  • Options
    And it sounds as tho you have a little creeper-plum sim child! Lolol

Ohmygosh @Lynnwood you made me choke on my coffee with this! Also wondering did you mean to put plum or did it change it? LMAO!
  • Options
    @Rainydayz179 - It changed it lol, it was supposed to be pe.rv :wink:
  • Options
    And it sounds as tho you have a little creeper-plum sim child! Lolol

Ohmygosh @Lynnwood you made me choke on my coffee with this! Also wondering did you mean to put plum or did it change it? LMAO!

creeper plum, I like it XD

• Options
    ginnymalfoy22ginnymalfoy22 Posts: 404 Member
    edited August 2016
    @Rainydayz179 @Lynnwood Music can affect the gender of babies! Pop for girls, alternative for boys. It's a rule in the 100 Baby Challenge that you can't use them during any pregnancy. I've had many close calls, because they do tend to switch them on autonomously.

@Tentacrocacles I've followed you on tumblr, I found that so weird of Artemis! I thought I had creeper sims in my ISBI, with them watching each other sleep, but that's a whole new level.
  • Options
    @ginnymalfoy22 - I stand corrected! Ty for the heads up.
  • Options
    @Rainydayz179 @Lynnwood Music can affect the gender of babies! Pop for girls, alternative for boys. It's a rule in the 100 Baby Challenge that you can't use them during any pregnancy. I've had many close calls, because they do tend to switch them on autonomously.

@Tentacrocacles I've followed you on tumblr, I found that so weird of Artemis! I thought I had creeper sims in my ISBI, with them watching each other sleep, but that's a whole new level.

Ah I didn't know about that. When I did the 100 baby challenge gender selection wasn't a thing. I've never actually bothered to try in Sims 4 because they don't get whims for a boy or girl like they do in Sims 3. Also, the watching each other sleep thing is super creepy! I have several pics of sims doing that.
  • Options

I really want to question EA about this, like it wasn't a glitch he was staring right at them and grinning. I was so freaked out. Artemis has always been an odd child though.

• Options
    cornflake88cornflake88 Posts: 368 Member
    Just started this challenge and so far loving it! Game play is so much more fun .My guy, Marcus, married a townie and I promptly removed the extra simoleans. As luck would have it his new bride, Isabel, has max mischief skill so she has joined the criminal career. They have just had their first child, Thomas, and another on the way. Isabel actually bottle fed him once! One major incident - Isabel peed herself and unfortunately the shower broke just as she was due for work! Despite her grubby appearance and discomfort she still went off to her job!
  • Options
    @cornflake88 - Glad to hear that you're enjoying the challenge! Also glad to hear you've been relatively accident free so far . . . let's hope the trend continues! (Altho it's infinitely more funny to watch if it doesn't). :smile:
  • Options
    Bexx87Bexx87 Posts: 209 Member
    Hello, Ive managed to figure out how to update the spreadsheet with the fires and recalculate the total.

How does the family funds come into at with regards to the total score once you've finished playing the torch holder?

So I have completed playing Andy as he has reached his LTW and I dont think that there is enough life in him to play a second so he managed to score 30 points:
    His LTW: Serial Romantic (+15)
    Household members peeing themselves: 6 (-30)
    Household members passing out: 7 (-30)
    Single Births: 4 (+20)
    Twins: 1 (+10)
    All Random Aspirations: 6 (+60)
    Fires: 1 (-10)
  • Options
    @Bexx87 - Congrats on your first gen down! To answer your question as to family funds and scoring - you essentially keep score of the family as a whole, rather than focus on each TH. That is to say, each 100,000 simoleons the family manages to earn, you give your scorecard those points. So just because Andy is no longer your TH, doesn't mean you delete or ignore the money you have tucked away and start from scratch. If that makes any sense.
  • Options
    I'm also on the second generation playing as my youngest (and only girl) Kinsey. I've made her an author so I can continue to earn money :D my score is currently +65... I've been playing carefully.

• Options
    xxkelliexxkellie Posts: 2 New Member
    Not sure if this has been asked or not, and I'm assuming we can't but I want to ask anyway.. can we let our sims take medicine when they are sick? Every time one of my sims gets sick, the rest of them get it and it seems like they're always sick after that. It's really annoying!! lol
  • Options
    @xxkellie - If they have a free action still from the particular age stage, then you can use it to drink meds (bought and given by your TH). But otherwise no, poor simmies have to suffer thru the sniffles.
  • Options
    mojot89mojot89 Posts: 10,041 Member
    I'm thinking about starting an ISBI challenge, any tips? :)
  • Options
    RLRL Posts: 305 Member
    mojot89 wrote: »

I'm currently on Gen 5, so I would be happy to help.

Things I found helpful:
    - Bathrooms should be a priority if you want your Sims to have lots of kids right off the bat.
    - Try for unbreakable toilets as well.
    - The scientist career is good because there are no daily tasks and you don't have to join them at work. They have breakthroughs on their own too.
    - For kids, put focused paintings/career rewards around the house. They will be more likely to get As in school.
    - Keep a spare bed or two once you have the money.
    ...That's about it. If you start one, I hope you have fun with it! :)
    Check out the Sutherland ISBI!
    (Disclaimer: This blog is mainly an outlet for my weird humour)
    Click anyway! ⬇️️⬇️️⬇️️
    w2HyQcq.png
  • Options
    RL wrote: »

- For kids, put focused paintings/career rewards around the house. They will be more likely to get As in school.

Never thought of doing that, I've not been able to get an A student out of my families yet.

So I'm on my 3rd gen and my advice is always keep food in the fridge to avoid anyone else cooking and starting a fire. Cook 8 serving meals and make sure you keep stocked up and you shouldn't have any fires. So far I've only had one.

• Options
    Good tips! :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top