Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Lynnwood's ISBI Challenge Rules for TS4! - 3/15 Growing Together Rules Update!

Comments

• Options
    RawlaRawla Posts: 7,495 Member
    @Lynnwood - Sounds like you are busy having fun. I'm already on House 002 in the Drifter challenge. It is more fun and addicting than I thought it would be. Today I would have played more but I was doing something else. Check out what I created today in my siggy. I didn't think I'd be courageous enough to do it and now I'm sort of proud that I tried. Anyway, enjoy your game challenges! :smiley:
  • Options
    MocaJavaMocaJava Posts: 1,392 Member
    So, as you may recall, my future TH became a rather...unfortunate looking teen. His brother just became a teen and...the same thing happened. Either the insane trait in a child causes this or one of the parents has a very questionable genetic background. :#
  • Options
    LynnwoodLynnwood Posts: 2,980 Member
    @MocaJava - LOL traits don't affect a sim's physical appearance (outside Glutton making them eat constantly and possibly get chubby). So it has to be one of the parents' genetics. O_O
  • Options
    Lynnwood wrote: »
    @MocaJava - LOL traits don't affect a sim's physical appearance (outside Glutton making them eat constantly and possibly get chubby). So it has to be one of the parents' genetics. O_O

Oh lord, the next generation should be interesting then.

So ,my heir just grew into a young adult...started hunting him down a wife. She's going to have to be a very special lady...and by special, I mean blind :s

• Options
    So...I kind of ran into an odd situation.

My second TH snagged himself a lady, they eloped and only then did i realize that she was a single mom with 2 children, one a child and one a teen. Since I couldn't leave them alone in a household without an adult, I had to move them in too. I don't plan to make either of them my heir anyway so I'll move them out when they hit YA, is that ok?
  • Options
    ginnymalfoy22ginnymalfoy22 Posts: 404 Member
    Alright so it's been awhile, and it seems like there's a lot for me to catch up on.

After six months, I've actually posted Chapter 2.5 of the Reagans. Now I'm off to read all of your ISBI's.
  • Options
    @Mocajava - That's exactly fine. You don't have to make them your TH, but as they'll live in the house, their fails become your fails lol.

@ginnymalfoy22 - :) Have fun!
  • Options
    Lynnwood wrote: »
    @Mocajava - That's exactly fine. You don't have to make them your TH, but as they'll live in the house, their fails become your fails lol.

It's weird, I really haven't had any 'fails' yet, and I'm using the insane trait. No one's lost their job, no one's wet themselves, no one's flunked school (though my stepson almost did before he aged up).

• Options
    RawlaRawla Posts: 7,495 Member
    @Mocajava - Sounds like you are doing very well! :)
  • Options
    Solar_CatSolar_Cat Posts: 104 Member
    I've had a couple close calls with bladder failures (and that was because there was only one toilet), but no real failures yet. Seems like this game actually does a fair job at keeping the sims alive on their own, lol.
    Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fuuuurrrr....

Stella Terrano's Legacy:
    www.terranolegacy.blogspot.com
    Plum It!: An ISBI Challenge:
    www.plumitisbi.blogspot.com

Origin ID: SolarCat85
  • Options
    Yah, I haven't played an ISBI yet myself in TS4 so I'm not sure myself what the failure rates are. Just from playing regularly tho it does seem like TS4's sim engine does a much better job -- or at least the game itself doesn't get so bogged down trying to run an entire neighborhood that it can focus more on controlling the sim's AI more realistically. I'm strongly considering putting my Disney file on indefinite hiatus and starting/restarting my Goth-Sanity ISBI instead. Not having much interest in that game right now and as the challenge's adopter I should really have played it myself at least once lol. We'll see what happens.

Until then, good luck everyone! <3
  • Options
    I've had a few failures, but they have been mostly my founder after I passed the torch. She doesn't know how to look after herself since I looked after her all her life. (At least, that's my theory!) She would just stand there, making her puddle of pee bigger and falling alseep in the same puddle multiple times. In the kitchen, as well, so everyone around her was getting themselves food and looking after themselves. I think she finally moved when someone had a birthday, so that she could celebrate.
  • Options
    @ginnymalfoy22 - LOL! wow, that's harsh. Poor thing. I like your theory tho. The Sim-Deity was watching out for her for most of her life and then all of a sudden . . . no more directions. What to do?! Lolol.
  • Options
    OhRenSimsOhRenSims Posts: 933 Member
    @Lynnwood - I don't know if I missed this in the rules anywhere, but what are the rules about changing lots, or changing your original house structure once it is built? Or are there any? Can you move lots mid-challenge, or do you have to stay on the same lot you started on, like in the legacy challenge? Also, are you allowed to modify the structure of the first house you build (y'know, change and add rooms etc. once you have more simoleans)?
    FVIRakw.jpg
    The Waite Legacy (Wordpress)
    The Mills Legacy (Coming Soon!, Wordpress)
  • Options
    @Jufanzaly - You're more than welcome to change the house, change lots, change hoods, whichever fits your fancy. Just so long as it's paid for fairly and not gotten through the free realestate cheat or any of the money cheats. :)
  • Options
    OhRenSimsOhRenSims Posts: 933 Member
    @Lynnwood , AWESOME. Thank you!
    FVIRakw.jpg
    The Waite Legacy (Wordpress)
    The Mills Legacy (Coming Soon!, Wordpress)
  • Options
    KajkaElinaKajkaElina Posts: 201 Member
    Can I control a other sim to complete the musical genius aspiration? B/c no sims like to play on a guitar... :(
    CATS ARE THE BEST!

My Origin ID is catKajka.
  • Options
    @KajkaElina - Unfortunately no, not without breaking the rules. :(
  • Options
    I just solved it with creating a sim had her get a 1 skill point with guitar (by cheats), then exited her and played normally.
    CATS ARE THE BEST!

• Options
    I got boy twins, a boy and a girl with a baby on the way. And the father has about 1 day to live. Wow. I had a huge garden, but it took time... Now I have 3 plants. Lol.
    CATS ARE THE BEST!

• Options
    kensgirl73kensgirl73 Posts: 212 Member
    I'm going to be giving this a whirl and will post updates Here. I'm also doing the Drifter Challenge so I'm not sure how often I will post but I will try to let you know when I do in case anyone is reading.

Here is a picture of my TH: Raelyn Duncan

21edwrt.jpg

Thank you

-Susan
  • Options
    @kensgirl73 Raelyn looks good. I'll go read what you have of your ISB so far now :)
  • Options
    kensgirl73kensgirl73 Posts: 212 Member
    @kensgirl73 Raelyn looks good. I'll go read what you have of your ISB so far now :)

@ginnymalfoy22 Thank you. I hope you liked what you saw...

• Options
    Welcome to the crazies of the ISBI! :) Have fun!
  • Options
    IcewolfIcewolf Posts: 709 Member
    I'm working on my second ISBI challenge now. The first one I did was with The Sims 3, but I never managed to get to generation ten.

I have a question though... I'm playing The Sims 4 as we speak, working on my legacy. I've chosen my next heir for the third generation. But, my current torch-holder just died of old age, haha. And the heir is still a teen, but is only a day from turning into a young adult. Can I just keep playing? Or have I technically failed the challenge now? I know it's "game over" if the torch-holder dies, but does it also count for dying of old age?

Here's a link to my legacy for those who are interested! https://meetthethrashers.wordpress.com/

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top