Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ts3 Create a sim..SO not cool!

Comments

• Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited September 2014
    The style is... cartoony, but within that style they are all very unique.
    So far I really can't set them apart in the story's and pictures presented (including mine).
    They all have rather sharp faces, similar mouths...
    (but if you have an example to prove me wrong I'm more than willing to admit, I love to be wrong concerning this subject lol).
    Niana wrote: »
    Well, ts3 cas was differently what it supposed to be, a big step up from ts2 cas :p

... I really miss the cast. You got to admit the hair / eyecolor choice in s4 are way to limited. And for me, man wise they made a Big step back.
    Sims 4 man do always look like boys.
    This.

5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    edited September 2014
    The style is... cartoony, but within that style they are all very unique.
    So far I really can't set them apart in the story's and pictures presented (including mine).
    They all have rather sharp faces, similar mouths...
    (but if you have an example to prove me wrong I'm more than willing to admit, I love to be wrong concerning this subject lol).

Not sure what you mean, they are instantly recognizable to me. I can't offer you any other "proof" than "look in your game"... :\
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    SusiechanSusiechan Posts: 3,034 Member
    edited September 2014
    I only have CAS demo, not the full CAS. Based on this I can say that I like the push and pull features in TS4 CAS, compared to the slider in TS3 CAS, but that's it.

If I compare TS3 base game CAS with TS4 base game CAS, it's a 50-50. I like CASt in the TS3 CAS but I also like push and pull (clay) features in TS4 CAS.

However if I compare the current TS3 CAS to TS4 CAS, I still prefer TS3 CAS but then it won't be a fair comparison.
  • Options
    baddazonerbaddazoner Posts: 573 Member
    mr014 wrote: »
    It's in The Sims 3 that all Sims look kind of similar, unless loaded with CC, in which case they just look creepy and fake - and without CC they look very weird and flat and boring. Sims in The Sims 4 look far superior to their Sims 3 counterparts, and far more unique and much less similar to each other out of the box, and way more lively too.

I absolutely adore the CAS system in The Sims 4, and very much prefer it over CAS in The Sims 3, like the OP and many others. Did you know that The Sims 4 CAS still uses sliders? Yes it does but they are invisible - and in The Sims 4 you are actually able to tweak much more areas of a Sim's body than you were in The Sims 3, and in much greater detail too. I simply don't understand how people could prefer The Sims 3 CAS over The Sims 4 CAS. To those that factor in CASt, I think we ought to take that out of this comparison, since CASt is not an exclusive-to-CAS feature, so take CASt out of the equation, then compare again.

Speaking of CASt, though; if not for the ability to change the pattern(s) of clothes and objects, I wish they would at least give us a color wheel so we can at least change the color of existing textures.

you can't just take CASt out of the comparison as it's a defining feature between the two even if it wasn't exclusive to CAS

still if you just want to use the colour wheel aspect of it a lot of people would still prefer sims 3 even if sims 4 is better due to that extra level of customisation

i personally hate just having pre sets as a option it's limiting especially when the colours they give are not the shade or whatever i want
  • Options
    mr014mr014 Posts: 1,648 Member
    edited September 2014
    baddazoner wrote: »
    It's in The Sims 3 that all Sims look kind of similar, unless loaded with CC, in which case they just look creepy and fake - and without CC they look very weird and flat and boring. Sims in The Sims 4 look far superior to their Sims 3 counterparts, and far more unique and much less similar to each other out of the box, and way more lively too.

I absolutely adore the CAS system in The Sims 4, and very much prefer it over CAS in The Sims 3, like the OP and many others. Did you know that The Sims 4 CAS still uses sliders? Yes it does but they are invisible - and in The Sims 4 you are actually able to tweak much more areas of a Sim's body than you were in The Sims 3, and in much greater detail too. I simply don't understand how people could prefer The Sims 3 CAS over The Sims 4 CAS. To those that factor in CASt, I think we ought to take that out of this comparison, since CASt is not an exclusive-to-CAS feature, so take CASt out of the equation, then compare again.

Speaking of CASt, though; if not for the ability to change the pattern(s) of clothes and objects, I wish they would at least give us a color wheel so we can at least change the color of existing textures.

you can't just take CASt out of the comparison as it's a defining feature between the two even if it wasn't exclusive to CAS

still if you just want to use the colour wheel aspect of it a lot of people would still prefer sims 3 even if sims 4 is better due to that extra level of customisation

i personally hate just having pre sets as a option it's limiting especially when the colours they give are not the shade or whatever i want

I hear you, but I don't feel it's a fair comparison that way. CASt is not a CAS thing, but a global feature in Sims 3. Sims 4 CAS is vastly superior overall - if not for the customization of clothing textures, in most other areas it definitely is. I think we should just compare strictly CAS features.
    Niana wrote: »
    Well, ts3 cas was differently what it supposed to be, a big step up from ts2 cas :p

I do like the Sims 4 style but I really miss the cast. You got to admit the hair / eyecolor choice in s4 are way to limited. And for me, man wise they made a Big step back.
    Sims 4 man do always look like boys.

I don't think men in Sims 4 look like boys at all. I think they look fine :)
  • Options
    RedFoxFourRedFoxFour Posts: 16 New Member
    I really like the character creation in Sims 4. It's simple, self explanatory and easy to use. The only thing that confused me a bit was how to add earrings, necklaces et.c. for the Sim, until I realized I had to click their face to make those options available. IMO those options should be visible without having to go into details on the face.

What I really want to see changed though (or more correctly, added) is more options. I want more hair, beard and clothing in general options.

I want Albert Einstein hair choices, or curls for my old grandma, or a huge beard for my viking. I want swimming suits, wooden shoes (like from Netherlands lol). Also, I really want there to be a More/Less dirty or ragged look for the clothes. All the clothes are so pristine, like they are bought the same day. I want my gardener sim to wear clothes that are looking dirty, with dirt on the knees and streaks of green on the pants. I want my painters t-shirt to be full of paint stains, some old and some new. I want my guitar hobo to wear clothes that look like they were found in an old dumpster from 1985.

Give us MORE options :)

Also, pets!
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited September 2014

Throwing your own sims in as an example is always tricky; kind of feels like 'look at my children please don't burn them', but I'm going to.
    To me sim 1...

Elijah_003.jpg

.. is another personality than his great grandson...

Silas_570bb_zpsfd70be2e.png

Well, I'm not having any difficulties telling them apart anyway ;-)
    And they don't look weird or flat or boring, they're just, well, men (and I can relate to them much better than to their S4 brothers, which really is a bit of a problem for me concerning this sequel).

Yes, S4 works with sliders too, that's quite obvious; I like though that I can work on the face as a whole, not in seperate menu's like in 3.
    And there are more sliders, so you can adjust parts of the body you couldn't change in 3.
    The machinery of CAS in 4 is much better. I just prefer the S3 result.

9-9-14_17-21-2_zps82e78559.png

Blagh. Just blagh...

5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    xale90xale90 Posts: 209 Member
    edited September 2014
    Yup, TS4 is soooooo much better. Faces in TS3 cas looks weird. The eyes remind me of the doll eyes in Team America xD

team_america.jpg
    Bjork-animated-fix3sec_zpse5f5950f.gif ModernMansionDesign_zps90f720d8.gif Modern-House-Design_zpsf4076eb9.gif GJmTYrF.gif nfh_zps4d3443dd.png
    Click on each image to see the house
  • Options
    Sc3niXSc3niX Posts: 2,468 Member
    TS3 i took hours to make a perfect looking Sim. TS4 it takes me 5min.. makes me miss the sliders.
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Lol~ I don't mind the CAS but it's always taken so long to load. I like both and still use Body Shop for making clothes and Sims for TS

I still love driving a manual car- more work but more fun. :D
  • Options
    juncedajunceda Posts: 2,614 Member
    edited September 2014
    You can´t take CASt from TS3 CAS because it is a main tool you can use for Create A Sim, though you can also use it for building, in TS4 Push&Pull is a tool you can use in Building Mode too, are you going to take it off from CAS? I don´t create too many sims, mostly randomize them so for me push&pull is mainly a building feature.
    firma_zps7hsuhx2i.png

I can play at last TS2 TS3 and TS4 So great that toddlers are here!!!
  • Options
    CrackseedCrackseed Posts: 5,209 Member
    The loss of CASt was definitely the most glaring thing from the new CAS no matter how superior TS4's CAS is. Just wish they had kept that feature in as I find myself looking at outfits, etc and just wishing I could slap my own choice of color on it >_<
    y9UdOhq.png
    "My spirit animal can beat up your spirit animal"
    ~ Origin ID: DaCrackseed ~
  • Options
    altad1altad1 Posts: 1,091 Member
    I do prefer TS4 CAS as I find it much better for making more individual sims, I always found in TS3 they looked the same for me, although I do miss my colours and patterns I recoloured everything. The one thing is TS4 that bothers me is the eyes and eyelashes, but that being said I still prefer it to TS3.
  • Options
    safersavioursafersaviour Posts: 507 Member
    CAS and Build Mode are incredibly powerful in TS4. They're much more intuitive, faster and for my money, more fun to use. However, the loss of CASt is saddening. Of all the things taken from TS4, I miss CASt the most, by far. I miss it more in Build Mode than in CAS though, as CAS offers more colour variants for everything whereas Build Mode has some items (especially doors and windows), which only change colour in parts and leave you stuck with white bits.

Overall though, I can deal with the loss of CASt, as the tools themselves are so, so much better. I still want CASt, or something like it, to make a glorious return though.
  • Options
    ApoptomonApoptomon Posts: 7 New Member
    I loaded up TS3 the other day to try remaking a TS4 sim of mine (and remind myself what the TS3 CAS was like), and I have to say, yeah, I agree. Having the sliders was good for knowing where you were in relation to the extremes, and the ability to fine-tune colors was a godsend, but having to go through all the different tabs to find the slider that controls what you want to change just feels really clunky now. I really like the more direct feel of TS4 CAS, and I like how in TS4 you have more control of body shape. Also now I'm familiar with TS4's art style, there's something rather uncanny and off-putting about TS3 heads, particularly the way eyes and hair are textured/modelled.
  • Options
    TDU90TDU90 Posts: 1,822 Member
    The WHOLE game is tedious, I love it still but man is it boring!
    someone was silly enough to flag this :\
  • Options
    AtomicusAtomicus Posts: 2,438 Member
    TS3 Sims without CC make me cry they're so bad. With CC they're stunning.
  • Options
    baddazoner wrote: »
    Eh. I still prefer TS3 Create-a-Sim simply because of CASt. No amount of push and pull can replace that.

this... taking out CASt was one of the worse decisions they made, nothing beats choosing the colour you want etc

Completely disagree. Dont miss it and creating a sim is a boring slow task in ts3.Also, when they announced the new create a style feature in ts3 I was like...Okaaaay, but what about gameplay? That was a sign the gameplay was going to be boring and uninspired and it is
  • Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    I prefer TS4 cas myself, it seems like even though I have favorite features I keep reusing out of habit I still get more variety with my sims, I have compared the two on my computer, just base game takes almost a minute to load each section and there is lag for everything in TS3 but in TS4 I get noticeable lag when I open up cas for a handful of seconds (yes I'm the nerd that used a stop watch) and then one more time if I work on one sim in a multi-sim house too long then all is gravy....no I hate gravy. All is cookies and ice cream sundaes :smiley:
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    FireTurtleDreeFireTurtleDree Posts: 217 Member
    Creating a sim in TS3 felt like a chore. It took at least an hour and a half to make a decent sim. I don't miss CASt, it was just ridiculously slow, far too many patterns that I didn't like.
    tumblr_nckjliRXNC1snt5qfo2_r1_400.gif
  • Options

Throwing your own sims in as an example is always tricky; kind of feels like 'look at my children please don't burn them', but I'm going to.
    To me sim 1...

Elijah_003.jpg

And they don't look weird or flat or boring, they're just, well, men (and I can relate to them much better than to their S4 brothers, which really is a bit of a problem for me concerning this sequel).

Yes, S4 works with sliders too, that's quite obvious; I like though that I can work on the face as a whole, not in seperate menu's like in 3.
    And there are more sliders, so you can adjust parts of the body you couldn't change in 3.

9-9-14_17-21-2_zps82e78559.png

Blagh. Just blagh...

Those sims 3 sims arent ugly, but they still have that lifeless looking skin and dead eyes look.Even wth CC ts3 sims look expressionless and again the hair looks like hay.That sim 4 sim has soft looking hair and smooth soft looking skin.It comes down to taste because I hate the way ts3 sims look no matter how "good looking" they are made to be.

• Options
    SuperKamakasy64SuperKamakasy64 Posts: 112 Member
    I try to play The Sims 3 after playing 4 and i can't really go back to that game, is laggy and the lack of multitasking bother me at a level that you would not imagine. The Sims 4 CaS is far superior to The Sims 3 CaS.
    eBeOEPN.png
  • Options
    AtomicusAtomicus Posts: 2,438 Member
    edited September 2014

To me sim 1...

Elijah_003.jpg

I'm not being rude but they're ugly. Not the way you made them, but the way EA made the skin and hair textures. I'm meaning all TS3 Sims, not yours personally. Their facial structures look like you made them well.
  • Options
    Creating a sim in TS3 felt like a chore. It took at least an hour and a half to make a decent sim. I don't miss CASt, it was just ridiculously slow, far too many patterns that I didn't like.

Its really really slow and just like you it takes me a long time to make a sim that isnt totally boring and ugly because you have to go through way too much just to edit certain things and Im tired and usually want to quit after 10 minutes.I make a very handsome/cute sim in 10 minutes tops, in sims 4.
  • Options
    AlourraAlourra Posts: 492 Member
    Making a Sim in TS3 became my least favorite part of the game. You want to complain about loading screens? I had to sit around and wait an upwards of 10 seconds or more just to switch between clothing categories, wait for the model to load, wait for all the thumbnails to load, and then check to see if my game was finally unlocked. Then, after all that was done, it was another 5 seconds to load and switch between the CASt sections.

I dreaded changing my Sims clothes or appearance in-game, even just changing the color scheme of a room, because the response time just aggravated me so much. All this was after I upgraded my computer, too. You'd think it would've helped, but it didn't at all. I had no CC, just all the expansions, but it was pretty bad from day 1. I'm so glad to be done with TS3 CAS.