Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ts3 Create a sim..SO not cool!

TDU90TDU90 Posts: 1,822 Member
I went back and played ts3.Couple of things bothered me about CAS.Its tedious to use and it gets old QUICK having to go to different sections to edit everything!!! :\ You have to click around far too many times just to get to the lips, the upper lip, the bottom lip, the eyebrows,head width all of THAT in separate sections.Its annoying and awkwardly set up. Creating a sim feels like a CHORE,unlike in ts4 :D

Also...I have NEVER liked the way the sims themselves look.Compared to ts4, the sims are much uglier. The hair texture is horrible and does NOT look better than ts4.It looks like hay.The ts4 is really smooth and pretty looking.I dont need any cc skin or hair textures for ts4...ts3 does.

Ts4 cas is ridiculously improved.

Other comparisons i made were the graphics.Personally ts3 could use more vibrant color schemes and have more of an inviting feeling like ts4.All of this is my opinion, so take it how you want to :D

ALSO, i HATED how I had to remove accessories by waiting for them to load and scrolling ALLLL the way down.I LOVE the new feature in ts4 where in one click you can remove clothing and accessories without revisiting those areas. SOOO convenient! <3 (*)

Comments

• Options
    SimMommy05SimMommy05 Posts: 2,574 Member
    I agree creating the sims themselves in TS4 is better, but I have to say it... I miss being able to customize the clothing and hair.
  • Options
    AshcarrAshcarr Posts: 383 Member
    Yes, the new CAS is a tremendous leap of progress when it comes to sim making. I was never good with sliders, but this new system is so flawless and is the exact kind of character creation thing I've been begging for in games across all genres.
  • Options
    TDU90TDU90 Posts: 1,822 Member
    I log out after a few minutes in cas because I just cant take it anymore.The tedium! Ive also gotten sleepy playing ts3 lol, talk about boring gameplay.
  • Options
    mizzgreenthumbmizzgreenthumb Posts: 637 Member
    The WHOLE game is tedious, I love it still but man is it boring!
  • Options
    LovelyMelodyLovelyMelody Posts: 896 Member
    Getting used to the new cas too. I liked it from the beginning but understanding what happens when you tweak certain areas took a day or two to fully grasp.
    Strawberry_Shortcake_Commision_by_sugarlette.gif <~ my weakness.
  • Options
    berng00berng00 Posts: 122 Member
    I don't miss CAS Sims 3. Very cumbersome and slow to load.
  • Options
    xxVaynVastxxxxVaynVastxx Posts: 157 Member
    I uninstalled all my sims 3 eps and sims 3 itself, I can't go back and compare for myself :(......I lost my base game disk....
  • Options
    KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    Eh. I still prefer TS3 Create-a-Sim simply because of CASt. No amount of push and pull can replace that.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    CAS in S4 works way better than in 3, but in 3 I'm able to make better sims.
    Which is because I just don't like the S4 cartoony look. They all look kind of the same to me in the game, especially males.
    In S3 I can tell who created a certain sim (the creator often give them - unconsciously - a hallmark), that's not the case at all in S4.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    QuaraeQuarae Posts: 31 Member
    edited September 2014
    Yeah new CAS is pretty boss. I'll second though that the new system can be difficult when it comes to complete customisation though. A colour wheel would make me so, so, so happy.

The only issue I'll raise is that with TS4, a lot of the female Sims can come out looking rather 'samey' unless you're going for more extreme facial features. Although that could be more to do with the fact women have less flexibility when it comes to conventional attractiveness...
  • Options
    baddazonerbaddazoner Posts: 573 Member
    Eh. I still prefer TS3 Create-a-Sim simply because of CASt. No amount of push and pull can replace that.

this... taking out CASt was one of the worse decisions they made, nothing beats choosing the colour you want etc

• Options
    Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    I uninstalled TS4 and went back to TS3. Surprisingly, everything loads faster even with all the mods I have installed and CAS just seems to load faster but I still miss TS4 and I'm planning on holding off till I get a gaming laptop so I can install my Sims games on there.

OP: CAS is WAY better in TS4 but TS3 CAS has CAsT which strangely I missed while playing with TS4.
    1FKDfKj.png
  • Options
    GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member
    TS4 CAS is great and all, but I still enjoy TS3's CAS. Especially because of CASt. I play a lot of games, and a lot of character creation systems use sliders, so it doesn't bother me. Anyway, I don't have a hard time making sims that I like in TS3.

I don't understand what you mean about TS3 needing more vibrant color schemes. You could make whatever color schemes you liked. :\ I do agree with you about TS3's accessory system being a PITA though.
    IHJCfa6.jpg
  • Options
    By the way OP, S3 sims don't need CC skins or hair or eyes or whatever at all.
    Not for me anyway.
    But when I'm going to play S4 again (I'm having computer issues with it and I want to wait for the first EP) eyelashes is the very first thing I'm going to get for them. And if someone can mod in something that prevents them from looking so corny all the time I certainly will.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    edited September 2014
    By the way OP, S3 sims don't need CC skins or hair or eyes or whatever at all.
    Not for me anyway.
    But when I'm going to play S4 again (I'm having computer issues with it and I want to wait for the first EP) eyelashes is the very first thing I'm going to get for them. And if someone can mod in something that prevents them from looking so corny all the time I certainly will.
    CC facial features creep me out in TS3. They make the sims look like pin-up dolls.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • Options
    MylitaMylita Posts: 4,447 Member
    I have come to like TS4 CAS more than TS3 CAS, except I need a color wheel or whole palate of colors like TS3 provided. I don't mind TS4 hair as much as I did at first, but it certainly isn't my favorite hair. There was some great cc hair in TS3 that I preferred and would still like in TS4. Also a lot more cc jewelry, like various piercings, more rings etc, that I miss. I loved belly button and facial/ear piercings!

I know the sims I make tend to look pretty similar because I have favorite types. (I only play female sims, because I don't know how to play male characters and females are prettier than males.... :p ) I do think as females, we learn rules about what is attractive and what isn't in a female. This is a negative thing in our society, imho. I think it is particularly hard on young'uns.

Mylita
    No friends requests, please.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Mylita wrote: »
    I have come to like TS4 CAS more than TS3 CAS, except I need a color wheel or whole palate of colors like TS3 provided. I don't mind TS4 hair as much as I did at first, but it certainly isn't my favorite hair. There was some great cc hair in TS3 that I preferred and would still like in TS4. Also a lot more cc jewelry, like various piercings, more rings etc, that I miss. I loved belly button and facial/ear piercings!

I know the sims I make tend to look pretty similar because I have favorite types. (I only play female sims, because I don't know how to play male characters and females are prettier than males.... :p ) I do think as females, we learn rules about what is attractive and what isn't in a female. This is a negative thing in our society, imho. I think it is particularly hard on young'uns.

Mylita
    I love the sim in your avatar by the way, she already caught my eye.
    Her looks and features are very natural.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    JBEAR1JBEAR1 Posts: 537 Member
    I like it. One thing I don't understand in 4 though and maybe I'm being a bit dumb but on certain outfits It has glasses, or a hat or make-up that I just can't remove at all. What is that about ? And also no glasses options when the character wears glasses everyday.
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    Which is because I just don't like the S4 cartoony look. They all look kind of the same to me in the game, especially males.

Funny, for me it's the exact opposite. You can do far more different-looking Sims in 4.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    jeepjeepcatjeepjeepcat Posts: 2,302 Member
    JBEAR1 wrote: »
    I like it. One thing I don't understand in 4 though and maybe I'm being a bit dumb but on certain outfits It has glasses, or a hat or make-up that I just can't remove at all. What is that about ? And also no glasses options when the character wears glasses everyday.

Have you clicked on the face and used the accessories tab there? the glasses, earrings and necklaces are there, the body accessories tab has bracelets etc. The hats are on a separate 'face' tab too (took me ages to figure out necklaces).
  • Options

Funny, for me it's the exact opposite. You can do far more different-looking Sims in 4.
    It's hard to explain what I mean, because you definitely can, I agree.
    I compare it to CC in S3. You can always tell which skin is used; people that use it all have sims with a certain similarity in their faces.
    Features you can create in S4 CAS are much more individual, but somehow in game they're all covered in a similar... style.

Problem in S3 is, that when you have a certain taste concerning looks (especially for men I do), it's hard to create individuals.
    That's why people will soon recognize them as mine.
    But my sims don't look like sims other people create (fortunately not everyone creates puddingfaces;-)).

But CAS in 3 is more limited and harder to handle than in 4, that's absolutely true.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    The style is... cartoony, but within that style they are all very unique.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    NianaNiana Posts: 211 Member
    Well, ts3 cas was differently what it supposed to be, a big step up from ts2 cas :p

I do like the Sims 4 style but I really miss the cast. You got to admit the hair / eyecolor choice in s4 are way to limited. And for me, man wise they made a Big step back.
    Sims 4 man do always look like boys.
  • Options
    smoogiesmoogie Posts: 2,374 Member
    Sims 3 Sims are smexy :p
  • Options
    mr014mr014 Posts: 1,648 Member
    edited September 2014
    It's in Sims 3 that all Sims look kind of similar, unless loaded with CC, in which case they just look fake - and without CC they look very weird and flat and boring. Sims in Sims 4 look far superior to their Sims 3 counterparts, and far more unique/much less similar to each other out of the box, and way more lively too.

Like the OP and many others, I absolutely love the CAS system in Sims 4, and very much prefer it over CAS in Sims 3. Did you know that the Sims 4 CAS still uses sliders? Yes it does but they are invisible - and in Sims 4 you can actually tweak much more areas of a Sim's body than you can in Sims 3, and in much greater detail too. I simply don't understand how anyone could prefer Sims 3 CAS over Sims 4 CAS. To those that factor in CASt, I think we ought to take that out of this comparison, since CASt is not an exclusive-to-CAS feature, so take CASt out of the equation, then compare again.

Speaking of CASt, though; if not for the ability to change the pattern(s) of clothes and objects, I wish they would at least give us a color wheel so we can at least change the color of existing textures.