Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ceiling Oddities - Camera Mode

BryonyRaeBryonyRae Posts: 5,181 Member
This reminds me of TS3, where we'd see all black ceilings in camera mode if we had multiple levels up. However, this is happening to me even when I am set only to current level, and it happens whether I've applied a roof or not. It's also not fully black but almost a pattern:

whattheceiling_zps426bf5f8.jpg

Has anyone else experienced something like this? Ideas on how to fix it?
Visit my blog to see my creations: http://bryscreations.wordpress.com or search the gallery by my OriginID or #bryscreations

Comments

• Options
    Tiki5872Tiki5872 Posts: 3,115 Member
    Yes, I too noticed it. I have no idea what was causing or how to fix it! :\
    NewBanner.jpg
    Origin ID: Tiki5872
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Well, I reloaded a prior save before I had knocked down the 2nd floor to open the space, and the ceilings were fine. I went about my business of knocking out the floors again, and I don't know what I did differently, but the ceiling did not go black this time. Instead, it's a bit yellow on one side. :p I think (I hope) it might be from floor lamps shining up which I've only got there temporarily. If not, well, at least the slight yellow is an improvement over the in-your-face black. There are definitely a few quirks I'm noticing when you get into doing unusual things with levels and roofing. Kind of amusing given that I'm not even using CFE. :o

Edit: Rats, I spoke too soon. I just reloaded the most recent save, and the black is back. So it doesn't seem to be anything I did or didn't do other than opening up the space to the second floor. Going to have to look at some other open multi-story builds that people have done and see if it's the same.
    Post edited by BryonyRae on
    Visit my blog to see my creations: http://bryscreations.wordpress.com or search the gallery by my OriginID or #bryscreations
  • Options
    VerionaVeriona Posts: 505 Member
    This shows up for me when I make an opening stairway and that black void shows up in the ceiling even after I've covered it up. As long as it doesn't mess up indoor lighting I can live with it :D
  • Options
    VerionaVeriona Posts: 505 Member
    P.S. Please maxis fix the lighting! It's not easy making starters when I need like a billion light fixtures inside to have decent lighting. Stuff is so dim :s
  • Options
    If you're not opposed to mods, Veriona, I can recommend Shimrod's Improved Lighting mod. Really brightened things up in my game but didn't distort anything.
  • Options
    Ash072Ash072 Posts: 1,324 Member
    I get black walls and ceilings sometimes. If I save and then reload it's fine. I think it's a glitch but could be a vid card thing.
    5sXtTqH.png
  • Options
    david0736david0736 Posts: 59 Member
    me too, i just come out of the game and go back in. I have to do the same with disappearing roofs!
  • Options
    burntcheese223burntcheese223 Posts: 1,157 Member
    I just experienced this with my new build and could not figure out how to get rid of it.
  • Options
    Ash072Ash072 Posts: 1,324 Member
    david0736 wrote: »
    me too, i just come out of the game and go back in. I have to do the same with disappearing roofs!

I never had to get out of the game. I could just save them go to "manage worlds" then go directly back into the build.
    5sXtTqH.png
  • Options
    KahZKahZ Posts: 48 Member
    BUMP! I'm also facing this glitch in my game, right the moment that I install the last stuff pack in my collection. It's seems to apear in the part of the ceiling that is right above a staircase. But to me it showed up only a single black square. Anyone got this glitch off?

My patch is PC Version 1.12.118 .1020
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    KahZ wrote: »
    BUMP! I'm also facing this glitch in my game, right the moment that I install the last stuff pack in my collection. It's seems to apear in the part of the ceiling that is right above a staircase. But to me it showed up only a single black square. Anyone got this glitch off?

My patch is PC Version 1.12.118 .1020

Hello @Kahz .
    This is a link to the issue on the AHQ EA site
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/Black-Shadows-on-Ceiling-of-Open-Story/m-p/4407832/highlight/true#M9643
  • Options
    KahZKahZ Posts: 48 Member
    Thanks @rosemow