Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Recolour Limit??

Hey guys, does anyone know if there's a limit to how many recolours you can have of a single item??
I made 10 recolours of one shirt and they all show up and work fine, but I'm about to recolour some shorts and there's more than 10 so I just wanted to check before I attempt to save them all :)

Comments

• Options
    kelseymarie620kelseymarie620 Posts: 15 Member
    I've downloaded quite a bit of recolored CC and so far I haven't reached a limit. The issue I have come across is when you have so many recolors for one item sometimes you're not able to seem them all. For example, in the male clothing, I have multiple recolors of the yellow slight v-neck t-shirt and when I make an outfit for everyday I'm not able to see them all as I can when I'm making a party outfit, because the screen cuts it off about 3/4ths of the options and there's no scroll bar to move down to check them out.
  • Options
    CyberOpsCyberOps Posts: 59 Member
    I have run into the problem with some dresses, if the clothing is at the bottom and you add too much you can't see or even select them all, swatches that is. Because the scroll bar does not go down further. We need a mod to fix this scrolling problem so you can keep adding.
  • Options
    > @CyberOps said:
    > I have run into the problem with some dresses, if the clothing is at the bottom and you add too much you can't see or even select them all, swatches that is. Because the scroll bar does not go down further. We need a mod to fix this scrolling problem so you can keep adding.
    Either that, or a way to delete the original clothing. I know there were mods to get rid of all the base clothing from TS3, but I actually like most of the clothes, there's just a few that I go "o.O why?". But yeah, it's definitely frustrating.
  • Options
    AarthurAarthur Posts: 6 New Member
    > @kelseymarie620 said:
    > I've downloaded quite a bit of recolored CC and so far I haven't reached a limit. The issue I have come across is when you have so many recolors for one item sometimes you're not able to seem them all. For example, in the male clothing, I have multiple recolors of the yellow slight v-neck t-shirt and when I make an outfit for everyday I'm not able to see them all as I can when I'm making a party outfit, because the screen cuts it off about 3/4ths of the options and there's no scroll bar to move down to check them out.

Ohhhhh okay!!
    Wow that's crappy :(
    Well I guess I'll cut back on the shorts just to make sure they're all visable haha :P
  • Options
    > @Aarthur said:
    > Well I guess I'll cut back on the shorts just to make sure they're all visable haha :P

Haha yeah, it's definitely no fun because now I have to watch what I download and think if it's better than what's currently in there. Which stinks because I like LOADS of options :p . You could always make them default replacements and get rid of some of the uglier colors or patterns, it depends on which shorts you're recoloring though lol.

I did notice that I downloaded some PJs for my female and it made an entire new article of clothing with only the options I downloaded, even though it was technically a recolor for the blue/black flowy tank. If you could figure that out, I'm sure that'd be much easier :) .
  • Options
    simfeetundersimfeetunder Posts: 2,260 Member
    I made a "custom thumbnail" of the crew neck women's shirt (like @kelseymarie620 says "entire new article of clothing") so I can do a bunch of recolors of that shirt and not clog up the current EA one's swatches.
    I used a mesh cloner.
    Might be helpful @Aarthur if you plan on doing a ton of recolors for an item :)
    HSon1Mq.png
  • Options
    MomGinnyMomGinny Posts: 311 Member
    @simfeetunder I have been thinking about doing the same. I do seem to do a bunch of recolors on that mesh.
    My Sims || My CC Creations || My Simblr || OID: MomGinny
  • Options
    simfeetundersimfeetunder Posts: 2,260 Member
    MomGinny wrote: »
    @simfeetunder I have been thinking about doing the same. I do seem to do a bunch of recolors on that mesh.

Right now I'm really glad I did. My first ones were on the original, which is fine (and I might still do some on the original) but I'm working on a large set right now (not that anyone has to keep all of them) of the tees and if I didn't clone the original first I'd have an additional 9 and counting (set 1 will probably be like 20 shirts!) clogging up the swatches... yikes.
    HSon1Mq.png
  • Options
    KitOnlyHumanKitOnlyHuman Posts: 2,586 Member
    @simfeetunder
    Completely agree. Recloning seems the best way to go about the "too many swatches" issue. =)
  • Options
    windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,375 Member
    I've downloaded quite a bit of recolored CC and so far I haven't reached a limit. The issue I have come across is when you have so many recolors for one item sometimes you're not able to seem them all. For example, in the male clothing, I have multiple recolors of the yellow slight v-neck t-shirt and when I make an outfit for everyday I'm not able to see them all as I can when I'm making a party outfit, because the screen cuts it off about 3/4ths of the options and there's no scroll bar to move down to check them out.

So, then that must mean there is a limit. At least until Maxis or a Modder figures out how to make the box expand to accommodate all choices.

My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8