Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

MomGinny's CC Recolors *Indigo Hair Recolors Added 8/30

MomGinnyMomGinny Posts: 311 Member
edited August 2014 in CAS Custom Content
The first ones I'm happy with, anyway. :)
shirtpreview1a.pngshirtpreview2a.png
You can download them at my tumblr, here.
My Sims || My CC Creations || My Simblr || OID: MomGinny
Post edited by MomGinny on

Comments

• MyreMylarMyreMylar Posts: 80 Member
    Love the spotty one, great colours.
  • MomGinnyMomGinny Posts: 311 Member
    MyreMylar wrote: »
    Love the spotty one, great colours.

Thank you! I have a few other color variations of that pattern I'm fiddling with as well. :D

***I added a link in the first post to the post on my simblr where you can download the .package files.
    workingsim.png
    Working on another set of recolors for this mesh - argyle t-shirts! :D If anyone has any color requests I am definitely open to adding a few more recolors as I'm working.
    fbpreview.png
    Two new CC shirts - both recolored off the crew t-shirt, not default replacements download them here.

Also, a preview of a set of geeky shirts I'm working on for male/female sims as my 100 followers gift on Tumblr:
    simworking2.png
  • RawwrOutLoudRawwrOutLoud Posts: 63 Member
    edited August 2014
    Aweomes Cc, really like the evil meter crew T-shirts :3
    Post edited by RawwrOutLoud on
    Origin ID - LoomieSkies
    Simblr - loomieskies.tumblr.com
  • TaheraTahera Posts: 1,001 Member
    Great recolors! I especially love the geeky shirts.
    Have a nice day!
    @RawwrOutLoud and @rosemow - Thank you! :D

@Tahera - Thanks! The geek shirt set is actually available for download now, on my tumblr! :D

Just put my 100 follower CC gift up on my tumblr. A set of non-default YAF dress recolors and the geek shirt set for YAF/YAM.
    tumblr_narog3BwMu1t9xx7qo2_500.png
    tumblr_narog3BwMu1t9xx7qo4_500.png
    One more at my tumblr.
    tumblr_nas3xykNiV1t9xx7qo1_500.png
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,519 Member
    The xul solar set of dress recolours look very nice! :) Very nice colours and patterns! It looks great how you have the city skyline on the skirt! Thanks for sharing these recolours!
    @rosemow - Thank you! That skirt is a new favorite of mine. I may have to do it in other colors as well.

So, I got into a conversation with @berrypie27 over in her Berry Sweets thread and now, whelp...
    tumblr_nasvw1uPvw1t9xx7qo2_500.png
    tumblr_nasvw1uPvw1t9xx7qo1_500.png
    Now this is happening. I'm still tweaking all three of these, plus the other colors, but I got enough done that I could at least put up some previews. :)
  • sassyvivensassyviven Posts: 67 Member
    Nice ccs :)
  • CatszaCatsza Posts: 72 Member
    Wow, that is some truly amazing cc you made!! Thank you for that! :D
  • pineapplesquashpineapplesquash Posts: 60 Member
    Hey MomGinny, thank you sooo much for creating and sharing 21 shades and making CAS more exciting. Fantastic! :)
    @sassyvixen, @rosemow, @Catsza. and @pineapplesquash - Thank you. :) They have been a really cool project so far and I really enjoy them, so I'm really glad that you all like them too.

As a bit of an update, I'm currently working on a fix to remove the teeth stain and attempting to give these their own CAS slot (so they can be used in conjunction with moles, not instead of) and I'll post here when I've updated the download for those.
    A fix for the teeth stain issue has been applied and all the download links updated at the original post, so if you grabbed the Berry Skin Details yesterday, be sure to delete the files from your mods folder and re-download! :)
    tumblr_nax3hvRtqs1t9xx7qo1_500.png
    21 Shades of Berries Update (copying from my tumblr, with minor edits)

I was able to get rid of the color bleed problems the skins have [the overlays bleeding onto hair/facial hair/face accessories] by using Cloner to recreate the files as a clone of the laugh lines skin detail package instead of the mouth mole skin detail package. Unfortunately, it also got rid of all the fun Berry colors. The reason that fix worked for the bleed is [I'm assuming, this is the only explanation that makes sense based on what I know about skins for TS4] because it placed my overlay below Maxis' overlay for the skin color (where the texture for the forehead wrinkles & laugh lines live). So, when I put the full set into my CAS to test it, I got a beautiful set of natural skin tone modifiers, and no Berry colors whatsoever.

Attempting to clone from the freckles skin details gives me the same bleed issues that cloning from Moles did, which are: bleed on to eyelashes, glasses, earrings, hair and facial hair. So they are a no go.

(you can see the 'bleed' issues fairly well in the following two images. I changed nothing about these sims between the left and right screenshots other than disabling my color overlays)
    tumblr_nau3kvzjNF1t9xx7qo1_500.png
    tumblr_natu9pWbXN1t9xx7qo1_500.png

Attempting to clone from tattoos, however, seems to be working. (Thank goodness, lol!) Here is the fuschia berry overlay on a light skin tone:
    tumblr_inline_nazs65IcvV1svpvcj.png

As you can see, no bleed on the eyelashes, or the accessories, which is wonderful. I’m super excited! But remember how I said it was a lighter skin tone? I played around with the maxis palette a bit and made this delightful (but shocking) discovery:
    tumblr_inline_nazs8iTIFY1svpvcj.png

The color actually gets more vibrant the darker the Maxis skin tone you’ve selected is! I wasn't expecting that, because of issues that others have had with tattoos fading on darker skin tones, but I guess that @maclimes was right about changing the opacity because wow, that color! (Those 2-3 pastel overlays I didn’t use because they didn’t really do anything before? I think they’re going to come in handy now.)

Anyway, while this will work for now, it's only a fix for any sim life stage that the ankle tattoo I've cloned from is available for (or for any sim life stage I can clone a new not-tattoo from), and I know it's not a permenant solution (which is getting the berry skin overlays in with the Maxis skin palette so that they're genetic, but I can wait for the tools to catch up to my dreams on that), but it will work in a pinch. So the question I'm gearing up for, is, @simgurummodsquad, can you confirm or deny for me whether or not tattoos are enabled at all life stages (c/t/ya/a/t)? And if not, whether or not skin details like freckles are enabled at all life stages?
  • MaclimesMaclimes Posts: 513 Member
    Yay! Gorgeous!
    I have some new glitter mini skirt recolors up on my tumblr, if anyone here would like them.
    tumblr_nb06rfWGvW1t9xx7qo3_500.png
    tumblr_nb06rfWGvW1t9xx7qo2_500.png
    tumblr_nb06rfWGvW1t9xx7qo1_500.png
    @MomGinny First of all, love your work. Second of all ... The glitter skirt. Is it actually "shiny" in game?
    edited August 2014
    @maclimes It is actually shiny in game, I didn't add the glitter effects in photoshop. I think it has something to do with the specular map for that item, but I'm not 100% sure? I've seen that word thrown around a few times with regards to this item and it's shine. The original skirt had a sequin pattern on it, the patterns I layered onto it did not (though you could sort of see the original pattern a little since they're translucent, especially on the Mod Circles skirt), and in-game it sparkles when sims shift position and you rotate the camera. It's very cool. (I assume you're asking to try and modify that shine for your superhero costumes? I hope it works, they look great so far!)
    First of all, THANKS! I love making modern superhero costumes. The sleek lines, rich textures, and cool designs are just so much fun. (On the other hand, I hate making "old school" superhero costumes. No matter what I do, it looks like the Sim is wearing a Halloween costume, not an actual superhero.)

Anyway... Yes, exactly. The specular maps are giving me absolute fits. I'm gonna download that skirt and deconstruct it, see if I can figure out why it works.

Also, I'm hoping the genius modders get normal maps figured out too. That one is actually more important to me.

Quick Lesson for those who are curious:

Normal maps are what cause a flat object to be more "3D". For example, if you took a flat object (like Superman's logo on his shirt), and gave the "S" part a bright normal map and the rest a dark normal map, when you rotate the Sim, the S would appear to "stand out" a bit. It would add appropriate shadows and shine to it, as if it was a separate object, even though it's not actually physically raised. It's a way of creating a more realistic texture without adding a million segments to a 3D model.

Specular maps work very similarly, but in regards to light reflection instead of depth. They control how brightly certain areas shine under light. So in low light, you wouldn't see a difference. But when light is applied, areas with a brighter specular (such as metal or silk) would be more intensely bright than areas with a dark specular (such as cotton or wood). It's just another way to make textures more "realistic" without significantly increasing the workload on the computer.

This isn't EXACTLY the way things work, but it should give enough understanding so that when the tools support specular and normal maps, everyone will have a better idea how to use them properly.