Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The loading screen is getting unbearable

12346...Next

Comments

• Options
    SimsFurSimsFur Posts: 1,998 Member
    SimsFur wrote: »
    thats what ive been saying since the moment they were saying: loading screens are not even 30 sec; yeah duh! It is a basegame with no cc, no expansions and no saved games or whatsoever. ofcourse it would be super fast in the beginning. when i start playing ts2 for the first time it didnt take 15 min to load either; but it got worse and so will this game. It disturbed me a lot that EA used this dreamy sentence when its obvious. but swept away the important part of all: Will the game always be so fast? probably not
    it can stay fast if they take their time to do the job properly.

maybe :wink:

• Options
    FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    They're already not staying fast. I've noticed once a save hits about 40 hours, they start increasing. I really did think it may have been a problem with my laptop (despite it exceeding the recommended system recommendations), so I popped a SSD in my old (but vastly exceeding system recommendations) desktop, installed Sims 4 there and have the exact same problem.

If they ever do open up neighborhoods, I'm just going to install an all-in-one lot in each neighborhood and never leave. It will be like a teeny, tiny world that has a lot of visitors.
  • Options
    kitty29041985kitty29041985 Posts: 792 Member
    During mine one i go to make coffee in the coffee maker, watch serial, and finish a half of a cup of my coffee :((
    That's why i never go to visit friends or public places, anyway thre is not much option to go, and each place has nothing to do - all same: talking with other sims only!
  • Options
    Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    I'm gonna be honest these loading screens don't bother me. I think the longest I have had to wait is 40 seconds, but mine can take a while on a regular basis even for new saves. However, when I played sims 2 loading screens were awful! I was worried with sims 4 because it was so bad. My loading screens for sims 2 could take up to 10 minutes just to change lots and half the time it would freeze and I'd lose gameplay. It was awful and I stopped playing a lot because of it. So the sims 4 loading screens are nothing to me. I don't have a fantastic laptop or a newer one for that matter so I wasn't expecting super fast 2 second loading screens. Sometimes they take no time at all and sometimes they take a while, but it isn't as annoying as I thought it would be. Sims 4 loads into a game way quicker than sims 3 ever did for me as well so that's a plus. I'm more motivated to play if I only have 30 mins of free time because half that time isn't wasted just trying to load the game. It takes me 1 or 2 minutes max to get into the game and load a save up. Its fantastic and I love it.
  • Options
    JimilJimil Posts: 4,443 Member
    edited December 2014
    Just hope it won't take up to 4 mins. to load each lot when all the EPs kick in because that is how long I load a save from Sims 3.

30~40 load time sound already bad to me. But then again, I'm not a generational player so this will never happen to me. It will stay 10 seconds but my gameplay could change.
  • Options
    CreoleSimCreoleSim Posts: 334 Member
    For some reason whenever I open a game now, the house stays blurry for a longer time. Before fully loading. It's that dumb patch.
    8zjsc9.png
    Origin@ Simday1
  • Options
    HaskorentaroHaskorentaro Posts: 250 Member
    With more loading, I've got more time to go outside.
    tumblr_n5aovvMXfM1rwvdy0o1_500.gif
  • Options
    ArchieonicArchieonic Posts: 1,040 Member
    edited December 2014
    I could *try* to live with loading screens under a minute, but face it. When the onslaught of EPs, SPs, possibly store content, CC if you so desire and/or mods, not only will your save games become bloated faster resulting in longer loading screens, but the sheer amount of content will make our under a minute loading screens now take anywhere up to 3 minutes if we are lucky.

TS3 base game with no CC at all loads for me in 30 seconds. TS3 with all EPs, SPs, more than half the store content, 8GB worth of CC, 19 mods, and a year and a half old save game sitting at 853 MB loads in 4-5 minutes.

It's not so much the fact of no open worlds as it is the fact that if I want to control a sim at home and another at the gym, I have to face a loading screen in between. If I want to go across the street, I have to face a loading screen. I feel claustrophobic. And it pains me that out of an hour or two hour session, I have to spend a chunk of it facing loading screens. And it pains me even more knowing that after all the upcoming content, EPs and whatnot, I'll have to spend even more time of my gameplay starring blankly at a bland loading screen. True, vanilla TS3 would often have empty lots that may or may not be populated as you arrive. I used mods so I never had a problem, if there weren't at least 5 sims in a lot sure enough 3-5 more would arrive shortly after. I'll take the game with issues that have potential and can be solved via mods, than a game with issues that won't be solvable via mods. I like to have a sense of hope you know.
  • Options
    Starglitters9909Starglitters9909 Posts: 2,524 Member
    Rinilex wrote: »
    I've been counting, it's gone from 5 - 10 seconds to 30 - 40, and my Sim is slowly becoming a recluse because it just isn't worth the hassle.

I've heard other players mention this, but I want to see how common it is. Who else has been getting gradually longer loading screens?

Edit: Uh, why am I getting disagrees for stating a fact that is happening in my game?

Just wait until they start adding eps to the base game. Instead of 30 to 40 seconds it will become 30 to 40 minutes.

6cca377d-2512-4319-9ce5-8f4c646cf7f8_zpsa768ec53.jpg
  • Options
    JeanBaby4JeanBaby4 Posts: 1,069 Member
    edited December 2014
    It's almost starting to reach sims2 loading time for me, mind you my sims2 loading screens go by pretty fast, about 10-20 seconds (depending on if I'm traveling to another lot in the same neighbourhood or a different neighbourhood). But then again my sims2 is complete with all EP and SP while sims4 is just a basegame.
  • Options
    Rafailia09Rafailia09 Posts: 5 New Member
    Same problem here! :\
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,570 Member
    Rinilex wrote: »
    I've been counting, it's gone from 5 - 10 seconds to 30 - 40, and my Sim is slowly becoming a recluse because it just isn't worth the hassle.

I've heard other players mention this, but I want to see how common it is. Who else has been getting gradually longer loading screens?

Edit: Uh, why am I getting disagrees for stating a fact that is happening in my game?
    The one and ONLY time I've had this happen, I went into my Origin, My Games and right clicked on the game. Select 'repair game'. After I did this I no longer had an issue of long loading screens. You likely have a corrupt file or two. Happens.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    georgeishungrygeorgeishungry Posts: 94 Member
    Be sure that you go into Household Management and clear up the 'Not in World' families from time to time.
    SMagazine is a magazine all about design and inspiration in The Sims, full of your creations, tips and interviews with people in the community (even SimGurus from time to time!)

smagazineofficial.co.uk
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    Hmmmm maybe someone can create customized loading screens like people were doing with create a sim backgrounds or EA can develop a different one.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    RIP Rini.
    oh3cjs.jpg