Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The loading screen is getting unbearable

Comments

• Options
    JACK14JACK14 Posts: 159 Member
    my loading screens are the same as when I played for the first time, if not faster, idk why yours might be taking so long?
    10qdhxj.png
  • Options
    AmairaAmaira Posts: 293 Member
    Rinilex wrote: »
    @Amaira Thanks for the advice, but after wiping them all out I sent a one sim family to the park, and this time got a count of 50.

Looks like that's not the problem.

Sorry it didn't work for you. Seemed to solve the issue for others so I thought it might for you.
  • Options
    Cross182Cross182 Posts: 33 Member
    May need to start a new game for it to work right.
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    I've got 6 families rotating and adding to one saved game. My loading times are still under 30 seconds and I am running on a generic laptop. My loading time for the map is under 5 seconds, and lots are about 30.
  • Options
    JACK14JACK14 Posts: 159 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »
    I've got 6 families rotating and adding to one saved game. My loading times are still under 30 seconds and I am running on a generic laptop. My loading time for the map is under 5 seconds, and lots are about 30.

yeah same, maybe they just have an odd bug or something?

10qdhxj.png
  • Options
    l4disputel4dispute Posts: 2 New Member
    I have about 100 hours on the game and the loading screen is now at 34 minutes... just trying to travel from the park to my house. Bad cc?
  • Options
    EowynCarterEowynCarter Posts: 299 Member
    34 minutes ? Yeah, you have a problem.

The loading screens are short on my pc. Ssd power.
  • Options
    MsPhyMsPhy Posts: 5,055 Member
    I got a new computer last week, which made reasonably fast loading screens even faster. The interesting thing is that I installed Sims 3 to the new computer because I needed to get screenshots for a project I'm working on, and the initial loading screens made me want to scream, they were so long! I'm sure they must be faster than on the old computer, but it was still insanely long. And this was with no cc or mods, playing a brand new game with a single Sim.
  • Options
    Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    @MsPhy, funny how that works, isn't it? My loads in TS4 are bordering on one minute each and every time I need to switch to a different lot. That adds up like crazy. However, the initial load for TS3 for me, now with all EP's installed, almost all the Store content, a load of CC and mods and half of the SP's, loading up my save game takes just about a minute. At that point I am free to sim for hours all over that world without another load screen.
  • Options
    VertKillerVertKiller Posts: 223 Member
    MsPhy wrote: »
    I got a new computer last week, which made reasonably fast loading screens even faster. The interesting thing is that I installed Sims 3 to the new computer because I needed to get screenshots for a project I'm working on, and the initial loading screens made me want to scream, they were so long! I'm sure they must be faster than on the old computer, but it was still insanely long. And this was with no cc or mods, playing a brand new game with a single Sim.

You should use the "no intro" mod for s3. You can get it by looking up how to mod sims 3. They give you a proper mod folder with the no intro mod included. Just fallow the instructions on where to put the mod folder. I wonder if this is the problem that many have with long loading times.

• Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    @MsPhy, funny how that works, isn't it? My loads in TS4 are bordering on one minute each and every time I need to switch to a different lot. That adds up like crazy. However, the initial load for TS3 for me, now with all EP's installed, almost all the Store content, a load of CC and mods and half of the SP's, loading up my save game takes just about a minute. At that point I am free to sim for hours all over that world without another load screen.
    For me it's nine minutes from launcher to in game, but from then on exactly the same as for you ;)
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    MandylcdMandylcd Posts: 1,713 Member

Yeah, that's what I prefer as well-the one loading screen at the beginning to load the game, except when using the University or WA worlds.
  • Options
    Ahh, I don't use the launcher, I bypass that. I should have been more clear, it is about one minute from the screen where I choose which neighborhood until I am in that game. All in all, it is probably in the neighborhood of two minutes from the time I click my shortcut to game. Sometimes it is a little longer but not much, sometimes quicker. I'd gladly sit through your nine minute load time if it meant I didn't have to see another load screen unless I went on a world adventure or to university. I can blow through nine minutes in TS4 in no time flat. I tend to jump around a lot so it seems I see more load screens than play time.
  • Options
    MandylcdMandylcd Posts: 1,713 Member
    Ahh, I don't use the launcher, I bypass that. I should have been more clear, it is about one minute from the screen where I choose which neighborhood until I am in that game. All in all, it is probably in the neighborhood of two minutes from the time I click my shortcut to game. Sometimes it is a little longer but not much, sometimes quicker. I'd gladly sit through your nine minute load time if it meant I didn't have to see another load screen unless I went on a world adventure or to university. I can blow through nine minutes in TS4 in no time flat. I tend to jump around a lot so it seems I see more load screens than play time.

Agree!
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Exactly. I don't mind those nine minutes because it's always something like that. I just know, so I do other things while waiting for my game to start.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    edited December 2014
    l4dispute wrote: »
    I have about 100 hours on the game and the loading screen is now at 34 minutes... just trying to travel from the park to my house. Bad cc?

Definitely something wrong there. Have you tried pulling out CC to see if it helps? There *have* been CC conflicts with lot loading.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    CrackFoxCrackFox Posts: 1,507 Member
    edited December 2014
    Loading screens are steadily getting longer for me too. I do have CC probably over 100 bits and pieces. I know in the Sims 2 when i'd add my downloads folding to the game the loading times would quadruple but back then I had literally hundreds of different things. My computer in general is pretty fast. Intel i5 and 8gb of RAM.
  • Options
    jessathemessajessathemessa Posts: 2,342 Member
    I have a low-mid end computer and my loading screens with a fresh game are about 20 seconds. Once the load gets older it takes more like 40-60 seconds. My boyfriend has a really nice gaming laptop, I'm thinking about trying it out on his but I think it'll be amazing and I'll have to steal it from him lol
  • Options
    @jessathemessa, it might have to be a lot better than mine to not get the lengthening loads.

I have an i7 4790K processor, 4.0 up to 4.40Ghz, 16GB ram, and a superclocked nvidia geforce gtx 770

I have no idea why my loads are getting to be about a minute each when others don't have that problem.
  • Options
    jessathemessajessathemessa Posts: 2,342 Member
    @jessa_dakkar Yeah, that is so strange. Like I said, I have a pretty cheap laptop. It has a quad-core but the AMD graphics is only 512mb (can't remember the exact chip off the top of my head, but it isn't anything special). So I'm not sure why my load times are less than yours. However, there are so many factors other than the specs. My load from when I first started playing (I pre-ordered) has loads that are about 1 min each, but a fresh game has about 20 seconds. Do your new games have such long loads as well?

• Options
    Actually, no. If I start a new save then the loads drop back. Not quite to what I had in the start but maybe five or six seconds. Thing is, I don't want to have to keep starting new games to keep the short load times. I had a save in TS3 I played for years. And here this save is only a few weeks old and not that many hours behind it. I don't know what it is about this save that would cause the long loads. This was even while it was just the two of them in a prebuilt, small starter home. Even with cleared inventories. There isn't a lot on the lot that needs loading, so I don't know why it is.
  • Options
    FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    I have the problem of increasingly long loading screens -- on two systems, not one, and both are decent systems with SSDs. At first load screens are fast enough (though not 3 seconds -- more like 10-15 seconds), but by the time I'm at the second generation (with a lot of rotation), the loading screens are up to a minute.

What gets me is for travel outside the neighborhood, you have two loading screens, not one. I far prefer one loading screen, period, that takes 2-3 minutes (older Sims 3 game takes me that long).
  • Options
    MsPhyMsPhy Posts: 5,055 Member
    VertKiller wrote: »
    MsPhy wrote: »

You should use the "no intro" mod for s3. You can get it by looking up how to mod sims 3. They give you a proper mod folder with the no intro mod included. Just fallow the instructions on where to put the mod folder. I wonder if this is the problem that many have with long loading times.

Thanks for the suggestion, but honestly, I doubt I'll be playing an TS3. The only reason I loaded it was because I needed some screenshots for a grad class project, and I cannot honestly remember the last time I played it; I was deep into TS2 again before TS4 came out.

In the end, for me it does not matter how long any load screens in any of the games are, if I get on the other side of the load screen and do not have fun. I understand that my opinion of TS3 is probably in the minority in this forum, and that's okay; if we all liked the same things, it would be a very boring world. My only purpose in commenting in this thread was that I had forgotten how insanely long that initial TS3 load screen is.

Happy Simming to all, regardless of game of choice.
  • Options
    SimsFurSimsFur Posts: 1,998 Member
    thats what ive been saying since the moment they were saying: loading screens are not even 30 sec; yeah duh! It is a basegame with no cc, no expansions and no saved games or whatsoever. ofcourse it would be super fast in the beginning. when i start playing ts2 for the first time it didnt take 15 min to load either; but it got worse and so will this game. It disturbed me a lot that EA used this dreamy sentence when its obvious. but swept away the important part of all: Will the game always be so fast? probably not
  • Options
    EowynCarterEowynCarter Posts: 299 Member
    SimsFur wrote: »
    thats what ive been saying since the moment they were saying: loading screens are not even 30 sec; yeah duh! It is a basegame with no cc, no expansions and no saved games or whatsoever. ofcourse it would be super fast in the beginning. when i start playing ts2 for the first time it didnt take 15 min to load either; but it got worse and so will this game. It disturbed me a lot that EA used this dreamy sentence when its obvious. but swept away the important part of all: Will the game always be so fast? probably not
    it can stay fast if they take their time to do the job properly.