Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 supposedly has little content

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    JoeWow1003JoeWow1003 Posts: 4,121 Member
    edited September 2014
    Katnap wrote: »
    JoeWow1003 wrote: »
    I see review after review and post after post from people saying Sims 4 is "lacking in content."

According to Sims Wiki there are about 90 interactions from the base games of Sims 1-3 combined. I can't find a site that lists all of the interactions in Sims 4 but I checked out all interactions that were available from two different families and I counted 92, and I'm sure this is probably only half.

Life States by base game:

Sims 1: 3
    Sims 2: 6
    Sims 3: 7
    Sims 4: 6

According to Sims Wiki and Honey's site there are 455 buy objects in the base game of Sims 3 (and maybe half this amount were found in Sims 1) and 800 buy objects in Sims 4 base.

There are also a lot of things to collect in Sims 3 and a lot of things to collect in Sims 4.

I know this is just scratching the surface of everything there is to do in Sim games (except Sims 1, this was pretty much all there was to do) but the thing is it's like this all over in Sims 4. With the obviously noticeable exceptions of toddlers, pools, and open world, Sims 4 has expanded upon everything.

So when people say there is little content or a lack of features in Sims 4 it really makes me wonder if they have ever played a Sims game before Sims 4, or if they have even played Sims 4.

I had links for this stuff but the forum didn't like the links so I removed them.

If you have any data on things that have been expanded upon in Sims 4 compared to previous games please post them here.

The Wiki is wrong. Sims 3 had ghosts in the base game. The other 14 were added in expansions. Please be careful of your sources. If you'd played Sims3 you'd have known that on your own.
    http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/occultlifestates.php

I meant life stages not life states. My mistake.
    GREENEYA wrote: »
    JoeWow1003 wrote: »
    I see review after review and post after post from people saying Sims 4 is "lacking in content."

According to Sims Wiki there are about 90 interactions from the base games of Sims 1-3 combined. I can't find a site that lists all of the interactions in Sims 4 but I checked out all interactions that were available from two different families and I counted 92, and I'm sure this is probably only half.

Life States by base game:

Sims 1: 3
    Sims 2: 6
    Sims 3: 7
    Sims 4: 6

According to Sims Wiki and Honey's site there are 455 buy objects in the base game of Sims 3 (and maybe half this amount were found in Sims 1) and 800 buy objects in Sims 4 base.

There are also a lot of things to collect in Sims 3 and a lot of things to collect in Sims 4.

I know this is just scratching the surface of everything there is to do in Sim games (except Sims 1, this was pretty much all there was to do) but the thing is it's like this all over in Sims 4. With the obviously noticeable exceptions of toddlers, pools, and open world, Sims 4 has expanded upon everything.

So when people say there is little content or a lack of features in Sims 4 it really makes me wonder if they have ever played a Sims game before Sims 4, or if they have even played Sims 4.

I had links for this stuff but the forum didn't like the links so I removed them.

If you have any data on things that have been expanded upon in Sims 4 compared to previous games please post them here.

Many of objects in TS4 are recolors. In TS3 recolors were not counted as different objects.

Also in TS3 trees, shrubs and flowers were not counted as objects. Same goes with rabbitholes and other world objects.

TS3 base game has much more content than TS4.

I literally counted every item in Sims 3 so the idea that recolors just weren't counted is bogus.

I like how I actually researched this stuff and found sources/did the research on my own and someone just comes along and says "Nope, you're wrong because I say so."
  • Options
    LukeLuke Posts: 642 Member
    @S100Headache

You know what? I actually wouldn't mind workplace rabbithole lots. I mean, it would be cool though, if maybe the rabbit hole opened up for special events like concerts, sports games, space launches, etc.

I agree that the Sim being unclickable while they are away is annoying sometimes ... though, if you click on their icon when they are at work, you still have the options for work hard/normal/less and stuff. Is it really that tragic that you can't click your Sim when you can't even control it? I understand that it's nice to go over some stuff ... like, you may notice their hunger need is dropping, or maybe they are only a few hours away from fulfilling a goal, so you'd queue actions for when they got home for work, but it really isn't THAT big of a deal in my opinion.

I think they should allow us to click our Sims, but I wouldn't say it's the worst thing about the game.
    Origin ID: Derpiez
  • Options
    HappyHaunt1000HappyHaunt1000 Posts: 1,088 Member
    @JoeWow1003 you're never going to convince the non believers anyway. I totally agree with you and I've played since ts1. You should have seen the complaining at the TS3 launch. I know your trying to negate all the negative feedback on the game, but just think all the ppl who love the game are playing it. Which is the way it should be. I would be playing if I didn't have to go to work.
    @Katnap if you had bothered reading his posts you would have seen that he didn't start playing TS3 until several expansions were out. So forgive the little things will you. I'm off to work now. @JoeWow1000 go and enjoy the game. It will all settle down eventually.
    My origin name is AStrangePuppy