Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Married a townie - brought $20,000 with him

So my Sim married one of the random townies the game had created. My game mainly creates single townies for whatever reason. Therefore, he brought $20,000 with him. To me, this seems like a lot of money and kind of takes the challenge out of the game!

Comments

• Options
    Linnyxx17Linnyxx17 Posts: 2,016 Member
    edited September 2014
    its the household money :D lol my sim did that too and i was soo happy. poor thing was living with no water or lights for a week, she was eating at the park and showering at the gym lol
    tumblr_mamn3vZ7sj1rgw3q8o1_500.gif

* <3 Just Keep Simming, Just Keep Simming, Just Keep Simming Simming Simming, What do you do? YOU SIM SIM SIM!! <3*
  • Options
    inkbuginkbug Posts: 51 Member
    Pretty sweet isn't it? :D
  • Options
    sarasara14sarasara14 Posts: 413 Member
    No sim I married never brough money wit him/her, but they always had roommates :/
    yxk-tumblr.jpg
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Sounds like TS2, move in a Sim, they bring the standard $20,000.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    vancanuckfan86vancanuckfan86 Posts: 1,156 Member
    Yes, I think as @sarasara14 says, it is only if they are a single sim. If they have roomates they don't bring anything with them. Maybe I'll have to make multiple townie unplayed households to keep the game a challenge!
  • Options
    meggiewesmeggiewes Posts: 1,066 Member
    Granted, I don't remember what happened in TS3, but in TS2 the townies brought in that much money too. I don't think it is that bad when you are playing a legacy because then you can expand their house easier. But I do wonder if there is some sort of cheat to reduce your household funds.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    meggiewes wrote: »
    Granted, I don't remember what happened in TS3, but in TS2 the townies brought in that much money too. I don't think it is that bad when you are playing a legacy because then you can expand their house easier. But I do wonder if there is some sort of cheat to reduce your household funds.

No, they left out the familyfunds cheat.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    I agree, nice when you are playing a legacy...but makes it too easy if your playing a non-legacy generation to generation. I've already had my two Sims move to the "middle class" neighborhood and only one of them works (well the other sells the plants he grows).

I should add that they are only 10 days old and just now expecting their first child.
  • Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    I love the challenge of the game too and at first I was apprehensive about letting the wife bring that much as I felt it was cheaty but then I just realized how awesome it was that could finally spice up my sim's very lackluster house. It is starting to look like a real home now plus it gave me time to use the awesome build mode some more!
  • Options
    lynnylynny Posts: 1,141 Member
    sarasara14 wrote: »
    No sim I married never brough money wit him/her, but they always had roommates :/

Bunch of freeloaders! :D
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Cinebar wrote: »

after typing in testingcheats true

you can type this

sims.modify_funds - adds or subtracts from funds.

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/778600/ive-compiled-an-extended-list-of-cheats-and-commands/p1

* <3 Just Keep Simming, Just Keep Simming, Just Keep Simming Simming Simming, What do you do? YOU SIM SIM SIM!! <3*
  • Options
    Linnyxx17 wrote: »
    Cinebar wrote: »

after typing in testingcheats true

you can type this

sims.modify_funds - adds or subtracts from funds.

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/778600/ive-compiled-an-extended-list-of-cheats-and-commands/p1

Awesome! Thanks so much for this :D!!
  • Options
    mikmakermikmaker Posts: 2,145 Member
    My single sim had money problems till he married Roos. She is a single household that I made in the demo. When they married she moved over and the money problems were away! And yes, premade townie Sims are most of the time single households and not even pretty ones.
  • Options
    XesianXesian Posts: 441 Member
    Here comes the money....
    Here comes the money.

Money Money Money Money Moneey....

Just buy something daftly expensive decorative object. That might help get rid of it.
  • Options
    jesirose_2jesirose_2 Posts: 31 Member
    That happened in the Sims 3, along with them bringing in expensive cars in their inventory.
  • Options
    I'm going to use the money cheat given below to get rid of the crazy amount of simoleons that come with a single townie. Maybe have them bring like $2000 to $3000, because that works for me.

I don't mind buying something expensive and putting in the inventory either, but I've tested the money cheat and it works well :)!
  • Options
    I'm going to use the money cheat given below to get rid of the crazy amount of simoleons that come with a single townie. Maybe have them bring like $2000 to $3000, because that works for me.

I don't mind buying something expensive and putting in the inventory either, but I've tested the money cheat and it works well :)!

i hope you checked out the link i posted. alot of nice cheats there. skills ,relationships lots and lots

• Options
    dixieangel550dixieangel550 Posts: 779 Member
    So my Sim married one of the random townies the game had created. My game mainly creates single townies for whatever reason. Therefore, he brought $20,000 with him. To me, this seems like a lot of money and kind of takes the challenge out of the game!

I had only 5,000 and after I married a townie my money went up to 96,000!! I was not pleased..
    QPs2LMU.jpg
  • Options
    Linnyxx17 wrote: »

i hope you checked out the link i posted. alot of nice cheats there. skills ,relationships lots and lots

@linnyxx17, I did check out the link, it is awesome and bookmarked on my browser!! I think these will be awesome for my game!! Thanks so much for posting :D!!
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Sorry double post