Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cogitotoro's Sims - new Psych and X Files WIPS up for comments and suggestions!

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    CogitotoroCogitotoro Posts: 1,401 Member
    @rosemow, thanks! Sweet and specific as always. What would we do without you?

In Sim-making news, I've been doing a lot of Simselves by personal request and by request on the forum. That's super rewarding.

I also made a Christina Ricci Sim, in answer to a challenge by Chris41279. She was tough because she's had a lot of different looks, and I think she's had some cosmetic surgery done, so I just kind of had to pick an iconic Christina Ricci look and go for it. I like the "Penelope" kind of Ricci, so that's what I chose. One of the main things is to make sure her giant forehead shows, lol! Here are pictures of the real person, then my Sim without and with eyeshadow. I can't decide which way she looks more like her...

3a85b8d8ed7cd9385ec391948bab19e3.jpg
    riccifinal1_zpsb8b77367.pngriccifinal2_zps90d8073f.png

I talked about this on Chris41279's thread, but while I'm showing Christina Ricci I'd like to say here too how crazy it is how much the thumbnail portraits offered by the CAS Gallery uploader can change the look of a Sim creation. Here are three of the poses it offered for Ricci. In response to all of them, I think you'd be justified in saying "that Sim doesn't look anything like Christina Ricci!"

riccigallery1_zps28763c32.png
    riccigallery2_zpse7b8d6e7.png
    riccigallery3_zps9a74c8a8.png
    It's one of the most frustrating things about creating celebrity Sims. Your hard work can go unrecognized because the Gallery portraits don't reflect the real resemblance.

The same thing happens with all my Sims. You wouldn't believe how wrong some of the poses look! Check out some of the portraits it offered me for Benedict Cumberbatch as Sherlock (my most successful Sim - getting near 3,000 downloads now). They would make me laugh if I weren't cringing.

holmesoffer4_zps33948e40.png
    holmesoffer3_zps8731abc3.png
    holmesoffer1_zpse38703c9.png
    Cogitotoro, aka Ashley
    siggy3_zpsaaab9c22.jpg
    No wishlist for me!
  • Options
    Here's a teaser for an upcoming project - I've just started really working on a Tenth Doctor (David Tennant as the tenth Doctor from Doctor Who). He's ridiculously difficult, and I'm not even sure yet that I'll be able to get him to an uploadable state, but he's looking promising so far.

tenthdoctorfirst2_zps13516aaf.png
    tenthdoctorfirst_zps1cb527fc.png
    Cogitotoro, aka Ashley
    siggy3_zpsaaab9c22.jpg
    No wishlist for me!
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    Your Christina Ricci sim reflects her well! :) Both versions of her with and without make up looks nice. The shape of her face looks great how you have done it and her eyes are very nice. Your simversion of the Tenth Doctor looks very nice! His eyes and eyebrows reflect him well. The expression on his face in the second picture is great!
  • Options
    XxDespairAngelxXXxDespairAngelxX Posts: 144 Member
    Your sims are so awesome! Stephen Colbert is my absolute favorite as well as Matt Smith. =D
    Gallery: minimeg1718
  • Options
    CabsCabs Posts: 127 Member
    @Cogitotoro: I can just agree with everyone else hier, your Sims are amazing. You really have an eye for all the little details I'd miss.

I totally agreeabout the Gallery snapshot by the way. The always strike some awkward pose, raising their eyebrows, and that distorts the face. The strange thing is, I always get the same CAS pictures, even when I save again!? At least you can always pick, I seem to be stuck with whatever their first pose is.
  • Options
    nonyabizznazznonyabizznazz Posts: 693 Member
    Cogitotoro wrote: »
    Here's a teaser for an upcoming project - I've just started really working on a Tenth Doctor (David Tennant as the tenth Doctor from Doctor Who). He's ridiculously difficult, and I'm not even sure yet that I'll be able to get him to an uploadable state, but he's looking promising so far.

AMG, AMG! *faints* my fave doctor ever, looking forward to this

• Options
    HotKnifeHotKnife Posts: 127 Member
    Very cool stuff. I can recognize all of them! The CAS is very addicting. I haven't even played the actual game yet since I got it last week.
  • Options
    loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,467 Member

Nice job! David Tennant: Best. Doctor. Ever! Though I'm really warming to Peter Capaldi :)

• Options
    By request on the forum, I've made Jamie Blackley and Emily Browning. I didn't know him at all but he's a cutie, and I knew her from "A Series of Unfortunate Events" - love her unique look. He's on the Gallery - she's not yet, because I'm letting her sit a little longer to see if I can improve her a bit more.

5500270.jpg
    blackley5_zps56b7ce7d.png

emilybrowning5_zpsb65329fb.png
    emily-browning-20050527-42380.jpg
    Cogitotoro, aka Ashley
    siggy3_zpsaaab9c22.jpg
    No wishlist for me!
  • Options
    Oh, and I got to make a Sim of a lovely simmer by request - I like how this one turned out:
    BAT44214_zpsa6098e7a.pngnRCH4WV2WE5TU.jpgBAT442142_zps0c96d372.png
    Cogitotoro, aka Ashley
    siggy3_zpsaaab9c22.jpg
    No wishlist for me!
  • Options
    ENolanENolan Posts: 2,735 Member
    edited September 2014
    I can't believe it took me forever to inquire about this, but I was wondering two things.
    1. Mind if I add you as a friend on Origin? I wouldn't mind yet another masterful creator on my FL.
    2. May I also add a link to your thread here to the list of "sister threads" at the bottom of my Recreation thread? It's beginning to run out of room and I'd link to begin to link other threads and pages proper before I split it up into a network of threads.

Ok, that's it! I won't bore anyone any longer!
    Post edited by ENolan on
  • Options
    ENolan wrote: »
    I can't believe it took me forever to inquire about this, but I was wondering two things.
    1. Mind if I add you as a friend on Origin? I wouldn't mind yet another masterful creator on my FL.
    2. May I also add a link to your thread here to the list of "sister threads" at the bottom of my Recreation thread? It's beginning to run out of room and I'd link to begin to link other threads and pages proper before I split it up into a network of threads.

Sure and sure! I always forget to check friend requests on Origin, so hopefully I'll see your request. I like your thread - great idea!

Cogitotoro, aka Ashley
    siggy3_zpsaaab9c22.jpg
    No wishlist for me!
  • Options
    ENolanENolan Posts: 2,735 Member
    ENolan wrote: »

Sure and sure! I always forget to check friend requests on Origin, so hopefully I'll see your request. I like your thread - great idea!

Thank you very much! The link has been added and the request has been sent! I'll see you online.
  • Options
    Cyan and Loden

So at one point I decided to play around with the non-natural color skin and hair colors, but instead of making occult or supernatural Sims, I wanted to make a couple of guys who just happen to be blue and green. My intention was to see if I could create two really good looking men, but incidentally these weird colors. Then they're just kind of ordinary in their traits and aspirations, nothing freaky. Actually, I wanted to try to make men who are more handsome blue and green than they would be with human skin and hair colors. Anyway, here they are, my blue and green guys, Cyan and Loden:

Cyan Farbe
    (Cyan is a shade of blue, "Farbe" is "color" in German)
    cyancollage_zps1eabc336.jpg

Loden Chroma
    (Loden is a shade of green, "Chroma" is "color" in Greek)
    lodencollage_zps9e77c66a.jpg

Here they are with ordinary human hair and skin color - I think they look better blue and green!
    cyannotblue_zps805d12ce.pnglodennotgreen_zps2e2d30e0.png

Cogitotoro, aka Ashley
    siggy3_zpsaaab9c22.jpg
    No wishlist for me!
  • Options
    HotKnifeHotKnife Posts: 127 Member
    They do indeed look pretty cool in blue and green! I love how the colors help pop out the outlines of their facial features.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Some works in progress for comments, if anyone has any!

Shawn and Gus from the TV show Psych:
    [img]http://www.🐸🐸🐸🐸.us/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/science_psych.gif[/img]

shawnwip1_zps1833975d.pngshawnwip2_zps649261b4.pngshawnwip3_zps9c8092b9.pngshawnwip5_zpsf0a54fea.png

guswip1_zps9b6dc05c.pngguswip2_zps759edcd5.pngguswip3_zps7e2a1cb4.pngguswip4_zpse8c74f51.png

Mulder and Scully from the TV show The X Files:
    The-X-Files-the-x-files-25080846-1024-768.jpg

mulderwip1_zpsad271c39.png
    mulderwip2_zps4c5898c5.pngmulderwip4_zps56ae877d.pngmulderwip5_zpsed56e303.png

scullywip1_zps8491c375.pngscullywip2_zpsd44fca54.png
    scullywip3_zps75c2c3b8.pngscullywip4_zps138ebade.png

I'm also still working on the Tenth Doctor, but he's not ready for comments yet.

I would put glasses on him, but... ARGH! THIS!
    tenthdoctorglasses_zpsa6ba4a8e.png
    Post edited by Cogitotoro on
    Cogitotoro, aka Ashley
    siggy3_zpsaaab9c22.jpg
    No wishlist for me!