Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How to lose weight in the sims

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    NaomiSImblrNaomiSImblr Posts: 158 Member
    I don't know whether I have a glitchy game or what. But I've never experienced a SIM gaining or losing weight like other people seem to have they just stay the size I made them
  • Options
    Kilov17Kilov17 Posts: 1,795 Member
    I make them eat salads & exercise to get them to loose weight. Seems to work.
    Kilov17 (Gallery ID: SimOppresser)
    JrTlDGw.jpg
  • Options
    trulyoutrageoustrulyoutrageous Posts: 245 Member
    Yep! This time around, what you eat plays a major factor it seems. So I go for healthier options at restaurants and at home (aka lots of salads), have my sims stay away from sweets and exercise at least two to three times a week. They begin to lose weight around the second week. Well, at least for me. And if they wake up early enough, I have them go for a job.
    supersonic, simobotic, disconnected, not respected, who would ever really wanna go and top that?

tumblr_np8nzkY5xK1rkqz3ho9_r1_250.gif
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    Yoga is the best.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    hmae123hmae123 Posts: 1,912 Member
    it does seem like it's gotten better. I remember my first save when my sim was a chef she and everyone else in her neighborhood ballooned out. Then I started forcing all my sims to only eat salads and jog all the time but this got boring.

Now I just try and make sure my sim had balance. If she eats off a food stand for instance, the next day she eats a salad. I also send her to the gym about once a sim week and go for jogs once and awhile. This generates other sims to go the gym and keeps the entire town from getting big, and keeps my sim about the size. But I do think they tweaked it a little so they don't get so big so easily.
  • Options
    davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    I don't know whether I have a glitchy game or what. But I've never experienced a SIM gaining or losing weight like other people seem to have they just stay the size I made them

Yeah, I really haven't noticed my sims changing either. Maybe I didn't pay attention? :) Anyways, it is good to know the treadmill and jogging if needed helps.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member

The cupcake machine (donuts, too) make these Sims gain a lot of weight. So does sending and seeing them at the cafes in Get Together. The restaurant food doesn't seem to affect them all that much unless you are rotating and then see them there every time your current Sim goes. But the cafes were the worst thing to make these Sims gain weight and fast. (Because they all get more than one item over and over).
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    TheLibrarySimTheLibrarySim Posts: 966 Member
    My Sim used the treadmill and weights (she joined Powerhouse) that she maxxed her bodyshape. The treadmill will slim them down and weights will "pump (clap) them up."
    So I have the problem of getting her to sit still for long periods of time so her muscles will lose their definition. She's going to be reading a lot of books.
    7mQr8Yt.jpg
  • Options
    SimLarkSimLark Posts: 143 Member
    If you have the ice cream maker, you can get your sim to make the Lean ice cream, this makes them lose weight quickly. But recently I did this and my sim didn't lose weight, so I'm wondering if it's a glitch, because it did work and now doesn't.
    there is also an ice cream to make fat to.

It works for sure, just that you have to grab a bowl of the ''Taste of Diet'' ice cream. Sometimes it requires two bowls to be eaten, immediately after you will notice the difference.

I wonder how Taste of Diet tastes :-p could use some from time to time
    I am not an English native speaker, so excuse my French :)
  • Options
    PerunaPeruna Posts: 101 Member
    Also, you can find a list of the caloric values of the foods in the game by googling. Most (but not all) of the fish dishes have 0 calories, which is less than what the salads and yogurt have, so if you don't want your sims gaining weight, just have them eat fish & chips all the time. :wink:
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,585 Member
    edited May 2017
    I just take mine into cas.fulleditmode and sculpt away. LOL After that I keep my eyes pealed. I try not to allow them to eat until their bar is completely full. Like in Sims2.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    SablesashaSablesasha Posts: 417 Member
    It works for sure, just that you have to grab a bowl of the ''Taste of Diet'' ice cream. Sometimes it requires two bowls to be eaten, immediately after you will notice the difference.

I wonder how Taste of Diet tastes :-p could use some from time to time

I find this backfires sometimes, as the plum sims get hold of the ice cream maker and they make every type of ice cream under the sun when you're not looking and pig out! I usually get them to make the 'taste of diet' and then hide it in storage under build hahaha.

• Options
    JackiMahJackiMah Posts: 46 Member
    Yoga does wonders, I don't know how but slowly and surely I've been turning all the Fat Sims around my town fit because of the Yoga & Mediation Club my Alien Sim started. Even when they eat cake afterwards they still lose weight.
  • Options
    SuzanneK72SuzanneK72 Posts: 9 New Member
    Running on the treadmill and salads... :smile:
    But I am going to have to try yoga - haven't done much with that yet.
  • Options
    AnduarAnduar Posts: 156 Member
    My sim is a chef, so I don't know about the eat salads thing, sim god gave him these cooking hands for a reason.
    But he went from lower average to high fat. I made him run the tread mill to get back to average shape, i even edited his motives so he could stay in the gym for a long time, he never lost an inch, lol.
    I took the lean potion and it puts you at the absolute bottom. I don't want him to be skinny just average again. I guess its a bug for me.