Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 Feedback Thread - come share yours

Comments

• Options
    JACK14JACK14 Posts: 159 Member
    hello simguruhydra! okay, let's do this!

what I liked: the genetics the kids, can actually tell my sims are realted, my sims actually have time do stuff in the mornings, the semi open worlds, my my sims could just go hang in the public space and meet tonnes of other sims without a loading screen, I like how it's not completely open, reduces lag right? the amount of food to choose from, my sims can have something new each day, the interactions between adults and children like 'read to' and 'cuddle' so cute! and tonnes of clothes, and those sweet little drawings the kids do at the craft table that my house is now plastered with. the pen pals are also cool :)

what I didn't like: the teens are like 13 and 6 foot 4, I'm playing on laptop mode and my sims are dark when inside the house no matter what, sims need pee like ALL THE TIME, not being able to change the bed frame and covers separately.

suggestions: a school bus arrives and a car pool? shorter teens, move objects on, toddlers, I need them, sorry, a pre-teen life stage would be amazing and more colour swatches added with updates?! some of the generations interactions would be cool to see too, seems like there's no punishment for skipping school etc, and the jump on bed interaction from ts2.

overall thoughts: I'm so in love with this game, there's a tonnes of things to do and I reckon I still haven't done half.

thanks for reading if you did! :)
    10qdhxj.png
  • Options
    clae60clae60 Posts: 2 New Member
    So far it is pretty sweet, although edge scrolling is tricky and missing the cheats for lifetime wish points, and not appreciating how hard you have to work for any lifetime points. ):
  • Options
    lietdayeslietdayes Posts: 1 New Member
    My expectations weren't particularly high but now I've got TS4 I'm pleasantly surprised, it's actually rather good, more involving and good to look at too. Well done EA. :)
  • Options
    MoxieAndShadowMoxieAndShadow Posts: 45 Member
    I love the multitasking!! Something I've been wishing for for years. Being able to socialize while eating, watching TV or reading a book, is a wish come true. Also love the emotions, how the sims look when they are socializing. I like their body changes, facial expressions change with their emotions. I love watching them socialize!

However, I was surprised that there are only 4 community lots. In create-a-sim I didn't even notice that there were no swimwear (guess I was eager to start playing to notice), but I noticed later. Being able to swim in the sims3 was amazing, and am surprised that we are unable to do so in TS4. But I'm hopeful that this will change perhaps in an EP. I love being able to click onto my sim and change their body directly, BUT was surprised that the color wheel was removed. I don't miss this that much with the hair and makeup, but having the color wheel option in regards to clothing would have been appreciated because the clothing options are surprisingly less.

Love the search option, but really miss the 'buy' menu, now it's included in the build, but I still think it was better before. I miss toddlers. I'm not unhappy with the career options, BUT I was surprised and disappointed that there were less careers available. That there is a loading screen when visiting a neighbor doesn't really bother me, only because it loads fast, however I did find this strange.

Because of the things I fell in love with in the sims 3, I will still be playing TS3, BUT I already love the sims 4, and am looking forward to how it will change. The only major problem I am currently having has to do with an origin update. After updating, it wouldn't let me play the sims 4, even though origin told me it was update. Had to uninstall and am currently at 92% downloading the sims 4 again, hopefully after it's installed again I will be able to play. Already going through sims4 withdrawals, despite still having the sims 3.

It's the emotions and the sims social interactions that has me hooked in the sims4.
  • Options
    Lestinaj32Lestinaj32 Posts: 4 New Member
    So now that we have all shared, WHEN IS EA GOING TO FIX ALL THE CRAP WRONG WITH SIMS 4????
  • Options
    AgathaUdimoAgathaUdimo Posts: 208 Member
    edited September 2014
    I am finding that my sims, inclusive of the maids I hire, wont clean up dishes. They'll gather them and put them in piles and just leave them sitting on the counter. When I instruct them to clean them up they pick them up and put them back down again. That or stand there, doing nothing and then cancel out the action.

I also find the sims just stand around for a while between actions. They'll get something from the fridge to prepare, stand there for about 15 sim minutes, put the thing down to prepare, stand for 15 sim minutes... etc etc. The same thing happens with going to the toilet to washing hands, and getting in and out of the shower. In fact almost everything my sims do, they stand around for a while before doing it.

The sims also dont recognize rooms. Sims just wander into bedrooms that aren't theirs and sleep in one anothers beds.

I also feel there needs to be a time management option. What I mean by this is in the game options menu you can choose from 'Classice Sim Time' or 'New Sim Time' where the clock goes by 2 real seconds per sim minute and then the time sims take to do things gets cut in half. Making for easier managed days and more time for sims to get things done.

I've also found that relationships deteriorate far too quickly. I can have sims be best friends on day one and on day three they've lost 50% of that relationship. The same goes for the romance bar.
    Post edited by AgathaUdimo on
    I am not so silently judging you.
    ASD - I think differently to you.
  • Options
    tommynocker001tommynocker001 Posts: 187 Member
    The reason for the dishes is because the sim's put dishes back in the oven/microwave/fridge. Check all the cooking applications for loose dishes before washing up. I found that sim's stall on some things when holding a drink, or on some queues. You have to wait for some queued things to finish before starting others otherwise they can stall stuff out or queue jump and mess needed stuff up.

I've not seen any relationships deteriorating fast though, I've got the other end of the spectrum in that, no matter how much time I spend phoning and partying with friends, the bar barely touches 50% after 20 sim days... I'm locked out of promotions and points because of it!

Time is a real issue, there's just not enough time for a teenager to school, homework, job and entertainment in a day...
    If we could only pick our work days and times to suit our sim's... :)
  • Options
    -Paige--Paige- Posts: 59 Member
    Okay I had gotten my copy of Sims 4 and have been playing for the last six hours, so I'll go ahead and throw in some feedback.

.:: What I Like ::.

• Love the full customization and controls in the new CAS system.
    • Color Options on clothing and buy items
    • Build and But mode all in one
    • Add foundation at any point
    • Adjust walls with ease
    • Different levels of window and art placement
    • The preset room with color options
    • Emotions add great depth to the characters
    • Ability to travel neighborhoods and worlds in a easy movement without starting over
    • Two worlds right out of the gate

.:: What I Don't Like ::.

• Super small town, not a lot of people or lots to chose from
    • Lack of community lots, not a lot to do
    • Time speed, days seem to fly by with only time to fill your needs, work and sleep
    • Needs drain relatively fast, It seems like every few minutes a need is really low
    • All Will or No Will... I miss the in-between where they would do stuff essential to needs but that was it unless instructed
    • VERY BASIC, Yes I know this is the base game but after spending hundreds on Sims 3 and it's expansions... you could have at least gave us SOMETHING
    • Yes, No pools suck, along with no weather again.
    • Lack of a create system like in TS3. I would like to be able to pick my own colors and design new patterns. A lot of the current clothing color choices don't match....

.:: What I Suggest ::.

I would suggest adjusting the need frequency as well as adding a more in depth creation system [unless I just didn't see one...]

Also, I would come out with an expansion pack that added more then the old ones did. IE: combining a seasons and university, since school is typically a seasonal thing. I mean, most people who are playing this have already spent hundreds on expansions and may not be so willing to again unless they REALLY can impress.

Lastly, I'm not sure if this has been brought up but maybe consider a story mode game play

.:: Overall Thoughts ::.

Overall, I am in love with the game thus far, I think the graphics are rich and vibrant. I love the game play and the great amount of detail I can put into my Sims. I am looking forward to see what expansions will bring to the table.
  • Options
    Glimmer50Glimmer50 Posts: 2,365 Member
    edited September 2014
    Origin says I have been playing for 18 hours but I believe I have played more than that. I usually play offline and I am not sure that time is being logged. I have had it since Sept. 2nd but I work so I am a casual player. I am not that far into the game. I have had 2 children and am trying to play 4 people in a family. I have also played some rotational game play but there is so much content I have not discovered or played with yet so here is my list given my limited experience with the game so far.

-multitasking- understated unless you play the game, you can't possibly appreciate this enough. Love this feature.
    -expressions are priceless- I play up close and personal now just to watch them eat. This game is so much more Sim focused. Love that about it.
    -improved emotions that affect game play- Yes emotions really do matter now. I know people say we had them in the past and to some extent we did but not like now. I think this is another thing that has to be experienced to fully appreciate it.
    -different emotional states- changes pretty quickly. I like that my Sim doesn't stay down for long but that it is still a challenge sometimes to fulfill their needs. I like that very much.
    -goals for aspirations- gives direction I love this feature. I love trying to fulfill goals but I am a goal oriented kind of player so this fits great with my play style.
    -ability to play a rotational game play style if you want to or just one family. Either way I don't feel forced in any direction. If I am not playing a family I really don't care what they are doing to be honest. I am fine with families replacing as they age and die. Honestly, Sims 3 worked the same way for me so missing nothing there.
    -flat world except for the terrain I can view. I know I am the minority in this opinion but I hated having the terrain tool to change the level of well your terrain. Many times I would see a cute house, download it and find out there was an area my Sim would get stuck in or couldn't walk on due to the terrain not being level. Drove me nuts. Or the house would plop down on my lot and the sides would be up in the air ...hated that.
    -I really love the graphics and the way the game looks. Routing is great. I have seen very little ghosting which is something I worried about prior to release.

Dislikes:

-camera is a little awkward to use even in Sims 3 mode given the fact I want to be up close and personal. It just takes some getting used to. I do wish the default camera had a tilt option
    -I wish lighting was a tad brighter. Perhaps this is by design to mimic real lighting? If so, it is fine. I just need to buy more lights LOL.
    - Wish there was a hot key for Manage Worlds. Maybe I just don't know my way around well enough to get to that quick enough. Right now, I hit the 3 dots and go to manage worlds that way. Maybe that is the fastest way. If so, it is not a big deal. Just a small thing really.
    - I do wish sometimes the Sims would stop using their phone SO much. I haven't noticed it as much lately so maybe that was toned down already but it just seems like they are obsessed with it much like people in real life who get on my nerves with the constant phone usage.
    - miss the color wheel. I can work with what is there but if I place down a refrigerator and it happens to clash with the color of my cabinets, I have to buy a whole new one. Wish I could just change the color.
    - Also wish when my Sim gets married they was an option to change their last name. The cheat available for this can be tricky as I heard it can change the relationships of people in the house. I hope there is a fix on the way for this soon.

I don't have any of the problems Agatha stated. Not sure why but my Sims never stand around not doing anything. They are constantly moving around. Sometimes they are a little slow to take commands but that is because they might not be in the mood to do it. They do have little minds of their own to some extent now and you have to learn to play with that but I love that about the game. I think there is a certain learning curve to this game which makes it great. This game has an awesome foundation to build from and I am excited to watch it grow.

Other than what I have already stated, I absolutely love the game and am having a blast playing it. I really didn't think I would like it as much as I do. It is very stable and I have had very few issues with lag. The only time I get lag is when I am online with Origin. I wish that wasn't the case as I would prefer to stay online so I can access the gallery. Otherwise I have to wait to connect to it which I do when I am done playing to see if there is anything new I can download.

Speaking of which: I have ONE request. Can someone tell me what Ned's traits are? :D I saw that someone (a player) made him but we don't know what his traits are. I love him in the cow plant trailer. Does someone at EA have him on their computer and could tell me his traits at least.

You guys got us all involved with those cute trailers and he is not in the game. Please make Ned or tell us his traits. <3

Edit: Just found Ned made by one of the guru's. The name escapes me at the moment but THANK YOU!!
    Post edited by Glimmer50 on
  • Options
    ArkaneArkane Posts: 20,224 Member
    edited September 2014
    Got the game today (was supposed to get it on the 2nd but it's a long story lol) and I really like it so far. Got into it easily enough and knew where everything was even with the tutorials going on and was able to jump right in without feeling I was new to the game/

-The look of the game is very pretty, especially in certain places of the town. It all goes really well together imo.

-I love that the Sims can converse anywhere at anytime. Case in point I had one of my Sims dance and while she was dancing I had her get to know her roommate better. She did this while still dancing. I all flowed naturally and didn't interrupt the action.

*continuing with conversations*
    - Sitting on the edge of the bed is a very nice little thing thrown in. I love that my Sim sat there as he was being talked to by my other Sim. Heck she even joined him a minute later later. :)

- Build mode is just fantastic. I can't really say much more other than I love it and it definitely is cool to use pre-mades and style them to my liking when not doing my own from scratch.

- The music is awesome too. I already have a few favorites.

- Short load times. I clocked my game loading in 8- 10 seconds sometimes shorter (sometimes) Also this is on a regular HDD

- The emotions are excellent imo and I like that you can tell how they feel at any given time. They also have some funny reactions too. I had my male Sim try on a suit and he was feeling flirty or sexy (one of the two) I got a nice chuckle out of that.

Dislikes:

- This may not be the place for this even if it's a dislike but I digress. I did run into some stuttering issues in the game as my game would freeze briefly before continuing on. Now if that's attributed to having the Origin client in the background then that's fixable.

- Maybe I was way into the game, but I swore that one of my Sims needs went down pretty quickly after being fully green. It may have been random but if not then that's odd.

- I am now seeing why people miss the color wheel. The clothes are very nice, but man could they use some alternate colors :p

- As a Simmer said above they are way too tied to their phones. I wish I could turn them off, and they could just check their messages later. Not a huge thing, but something I observed too.

Other than that the game is great, and I'm glad I gave it a fair chance. Lot's to be improved on no doubt, and hopefully worthwhile content will be given to us soon as there are oh so many possibilities with this game.
    Post edited by Arkane on
    Potential Is Everything

Origin ID: BadArkane

XYeo1vn.png
  • Options
    Lady_SimmerLady_Simmer Posts: 1 New Member
    edited September 2014
    Don't get me wrong, I've been playing Sims since original. I still love this game. I've been looking forward to Sims 4 release since the first announcement. However, it disappoints me a bit.

1. Why are Sims still going to work or leaving property during special occasions? For example, my male Sim was having a wedding party, and yet the bride decided to leave my Sim hanging. As the party timer's still going and Groom's got no bride to marry to, which means party failed. When I called her to invite to lot, she was busy. So I didn't save the game, I reload the game and tried moving her in first. Yet, she still left for work. I had to get her to leave work early.
    2. Sim asked Bride-to-be to stay the night, and yet she left right after I asked her.
    3. Doesn't quite make sense for a pregnant Sim to be working. Ended up, mama-to-be was in labor during work, and still in labor after she gets home.
    4. Why can't Sims request for day off (for whatever reason)?
    5. When reloading a game I've spend many hours on, it appears they have selective memory. It didn't get saved properly. Things I brought was missing, and things were not where they were suppose to be. Other achievements were missing too.
    6. Is there something wrong with the game speed? It doesn't always go to Ultra fast when Sims gone to bed or work.
    7. Babies have no needs? Just skip onto age up, really thought you guys could do a better job than that. Disappointed.
    8. Is it just me or is it weird for mama to have baby in the hospital. She goes to the sidewalk and disappear. Re-appear by herself with baby in the cradle.
    9. I can understand that we don't really seem to need transportation in Sims 4, yet it would be cool to give us the pool and basement back.
    10. Build mode - no half walls? We only get 2 types of carpets? Seriously? Please tell me I don't have to wait for expansions for these basic features, and I just spent money into an incomplete game.
    11. Communities lots are quite boring. Why aren't there any restaurants?

Please fix. Thank you!
  • Options
    LaefayrLaefayr Posts: 2 New Member
    What you liked? I liked the depth of the personality traits, the ability to multi-task, how much more convenient building a house was, and how alike making a new sim was to using Autodesk. It really helps bring the game more to life and helps people relate to the sims they make and the game in general.

What you didn't like? I absolutely hate the loading screens, I could understand if you limited it down to areas of town instead of the entire neighbourhood but... I can't even cross the street without a loading screen, and this seems to be a giant leap backwards from Sims 3 in that area - I send one sim to somewhere and I can't micromanage them anymore so the rest are on auto-pilot doing... Who knows what and whenever I get back to my house after a few loading screens the sims that are acting autonomously are usually in fairly bad condition. I also liked being able to see the sims travel in vehicles or in some cases run to work and see them at work as well as their emotions/needs etc. while at work.

Suggestions? My suggestions would be to make the game open world again, see how that pans out and then try to balance the emotions you have the sims getting. I feel the values for negative emotions are at a higher percentage to gain then the positive ones and it makes it extremely difficult for gameplay until you're further into the game to help fix all these emotions. Another note on the open world is that I have to load a new screen for every house I go to and if I wish to be a very charismatic sim, that is a tonne of loading screens, which gets to be extremely annoying making me not want to play. Also the rate that the needs decay seems to be at quite an increase compared to the other Sims games which I suggest balancing out especially now that you have emotions.

Overall thoughts? I love the new make-a-sim, building is way better then it's ever been I've played all The Sims games including Online and was a professional architect on the Online one and so the building tool is something I have always held dear. The emotions and new aspirations system that breaks it down is more satisfying. Overall it leaves a good impression but it took a giant leap backwards by adding the loading screens.

-Tainted Rose
  • Options
    trimotor43trimotor43 Posts: 7 New Member
    edited September 2014
    I like the short loading times, create a sim, and the different moods and emotions that sims have now.

I don't like how basic the base game is. I kind of feel like I only got about two thirds of the base game instead of the whole thing. I am hoping that toddlers, and carpools (two things standard in Sims 2 if i remember correctly) will be patched in for free at some point. that will at least make me feel like I've gotten my money's worth. I'm sure they were meant to be in the base game. The deadline just came up to fast, right?

Origin seems to cause stutters in the game, and often falsely reports no internet connection when I try to search for community made items.

otherwise this is a very fun game, no major bugs that I've seen. I do want to echo the comments about the clock running to fast, and the motives decay speed needing some adjustment.

The edge scrolling on the camera also needs to be tuned. in order to go backward, you have to have the pointer in just the right place or it won't work. It needs to work whenever the pointer hits the edge of the screen, sides and top seem ok, but bottom edge is above the actual screen edge by several millimeters. Sometimes, I've had the edge scroll stick and it started scrolling me to the edge of the town. Lack of tilt is also something to work on. I don't suppose you could just replace the camera controls with the exact same ones in Sims 3 could you? They didn't need improvement.
  • Options
    MelesaMelesa Posts: 9 New Member
    in all of my honest opinion the sims 4 should have just been an expansion pack for the sims 3. its so basic it make sims 1 look more advance. the sims 3 expansion pack could have been call Multi-Personality. giving the sims 3 the same attributes as the sims in sims 4. giving the create a sim tool an upgrade. I know that this take a lot of work technically. but im sorry i just hated that game. I know i should wait for the expansion packs but, its just so hard to make the switch. im legitimately sadden by this game man...
  • Options
    DaleylifeDaleylife Posts: 128 Member
    When we invite a sim over or invite people for a party, can we make the game not have the guests arrive instantly? Often, I'm not quite ready for whom I'm inviting over and they arrive just a second after I called them.
  • Options
    IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    A couple of things I like about TS4 is that the socialising side of it really has improved beyond recognition. This is actually helped by one feature that had me rolling my eyes when I first heard about it - the generic "hand swipe" for picking stuff up - lack of obvious animations for various things. In play however I appreciated it, when I found my sim could order drinks and chips from the bar without wasting the ENTIRE evening trying to get served like he would in TS3! :D

I also like that they have facial expressions more expressively than TS3, but without being the overexaggerated irritating gurning they did in TS2, so for the first time ever I find I can zoom in close to the sims without being so irritated it makes me want to close the game.

I am more dubious about the tuning of the emotion system. I don't like that you have to watch the emotion panel closely to make sure they don't die (yes I did have a sim die unexpectedly from it) Would prefer it went back to needs-related deaths. The other thing is that emotions seem very transient, and the game would seem more meaningful if important life events also left long-term memories like they did in TS2, and these had more long-term effects and remembering them at random times (or maybe when idle) would reinvoke the associated emotion. It feels to me like they get over important stuff too easily.
  • Options
    MellroseMellrose Posts: 18 Member
    Please bring back in a patch or something that you can see your sims face when you click on objects.
  • Options
    Amber8Amber8 Posts: 208 Member
    What you liked – Walk Style

What you didn't like - The fact that there is nothing to do. No Transport. The game is so boring while my Sim is at work. Nothing to do in the community lots. The highlight of my Sims weekend was hanging out at the Lounge having a drink and chips (boring). Not able to move around the limited lots we do have. My Sim went to visit the museum went up the stairs looked at a few things then left ….really!!! And the community in general is boring with nothing to do. No toddlers, no open world, very few job options, or ability to see them while at work.

Suggestions? Correct the controls, ALL OF THEM. The camera controls are amazingly bad. Integrate the whole community without a load screen. An Apology from EA as this game was brought out far too early. It’s not finished not by a long mile

Overall thoughts? Extremely disappointed. Id normally play for hours but turned off after opening the box and installing and playing for an hour. Played twice since then for a few hours. My feelings toward the game have not changed. I might as well be playing Sims 1/2. I really feel I have been cheated. Im in the UK and paid £33.00 for the limited edition. I really hope that we do not have to purchase another expansion or add-on so soon after this game.
  • Options
    KrayzieStrykerKrayzieStryker Posts: 2,646 Member
    edited September 2014
    Hey truth to be told i am bored right now, after 30h. Sims 4 lacks many details for a life simulation, for me it feels rushed. Sorry this is the first Sims i can't like and I am going back playing Sims 3. Maybe if you add at least a supermarket and some Services into the Game i will try it again. Ah and make so the Lastname after Marriage is changeable. Only then i will give Sims 4 one more chance.
    Peace out.
  • Options
    AnnabelleAnnabelle Posts: 248 Member
    I've been an avid Simmer ever since The Sims first came out and honestly I told myself I wouldn't purchase The Sims 4 until I had finished all my exams (which are in October) - oh was I wrong, the day it came out boom I was in the shop purchasing my copy!

To be honest, as the base game, I think The Sims 4 is brilliant! Yes they may have taken a few steps back in terms of being able to follow your Sim to work, have cars, pools, etc, etc, but this just makes me more excited for expansion packs! It leaves a variety of new things to come out, which will be even more appreciated when they eventually do.

Loading screen times and graphics are definitely a plus and emotions just make it that little bit more realistic - not to mention the ability to take pregnancy tests! Love that. Excited for more to come.
  • Options
    TinXTinX Posts: 2 New Member
    What I liked (the most):
    - The graphics and all the new animations.
    - Emotions.
    - Multi-tasking.
    - The new CAS.
    - The new build mode tools/abilities.

What you didn't like?
    - the bugs, let's face it...there's quite a few of those. But i have faith in you guys and the community (to report them all) - I'm sure they'll all be sorted out over time :) But mostly, the maid services needs some work - when i hire a maid on a permanent basis....they never show up :|
    - I don't like how the "inventory" opens when i "open" the fridge...and then it (the inventory) stays open after I've clicked on what i needed in the fridge (grabbing a serving of leftovers). Having to constantly close the inventory is annoying. :|
    - trying to think of other things i don't like....nothing else is coming to mind - you guys did a really great job! ;)

Suggestions?
    - Please...PLEEEEAAASE think about implementing a new Law career! and by LAW i mean an actual LAWYER/ATTORNEY career! ...not policing as such. It's what I'm studying right now, and would absolutely LOVE for my self-sim to be able to do it too :D But it must be as realistic as possible....like they must study (really hard) for their degree (perhaps when you bring out a university EP?)....then do an internship/articles...then progress on to becoming a lawyer/attorney....then they could move on to becoming an advocate.....then magistrate....then a high court judge....then maybe even a Constitutional Court judge (or so it goes in South African law :P) - and they could even branch out into different fields of law (eg: criminal law, corporate law, environment, family, etc, etc) . They could work on research and cases at home (on the computer and/or bookcase). The opportunities are endless! Think about it!! (hahaha....have i "sold" the idea to you yet?) I could go on, but I'm sure you get the idea :)
    - I'd like to see more "hire-able services" like a gardener, and the other hire-able sims we've become so used to from previous sims games (i've been playing since The Sims 1!) - (a repairman is a MUST).
    - It'd be nice to be able to change the in-game hotkeys/shortcut keys for things.....like the "needs" key is "O" ....it's annoying to have to press that button aaaaaaall the way on the other side of the keyboard when my hand is resting comfortably on the "1-2-3" buttons on the left :P (yes, i'm lazy hahaha).

Overall thoughts?
    I LOVE THE SIMS 4! ...money well spent! :) ....I'd recommend it to anyone who's in doubt as to whether to get it or not!
    THANK YOU!!! *high-5 to everyone on the team*
  • Options
    -x-VVOLF-x--x-VVOLF-x- Posts: 148 Member
    I would like to see a sims game in a grand theft auto size world.. endless NPC's. I hate they left out portraits and still shots. it was fun to take picture paintings of my sims in action I just made an artist sim in TS4 and got all the way to the end of the painters profession and level 10 of the painter skill level... every level I said "maybe this is the level I unlock still life paintings >:3 " only to find I wasted my time..

I miss going here and there like in the sims 3. I miss traveling the world like in TS3 world adventures I miss busting out my tent having a picnic and spending the night in the middle of the Egyptian desert.. I miss my back pack!! but I can always go back and play the sims 3 and all the EP's...

As far as the sims 4. rushed or not its a fun game. I do enjoy the new building mode.. but, I miss swimming pools and editing terrain..

it would be kind of foolish to expect all your favorite stuff from TS1,2,3 and EP's to be in TS4 base game. but some of the best features like painting (still life shots), farming (TS3 way of farming (this new farming is BS), and item customization (i should be able to make all my furniture match if i want(i cant get a counter to match a bar in ts4 to save my life) should have all been in the base game.

so EA & MAXIS

bring back Create a style,

loose the sims freeplay way of farming and bring back TS3 way of farming

BRING BACK OPEN WORLD!!! and please bring back TS3 way of travailing this loading to cross the street thing is killing me..

don't dumb your game down!!!!

TS4 is basically an APP!!! DF
  • Options
    MsPhyMsPhy Posts: 5,055 Member
    edited September 2014
    What I like:

Gosh, where to begin!
    I like how moods affect interactions.
    I love the children; they are adorable, and I love the interactions available to them.
    I like that it takes longer to build romantic relationships for non-flirty Sims.
    I like that if you woo-hoo without warm-up, it's not satisfactory ;-)
    I like the little goals that are not job related; it gives more depth to things.
    I like how adults can read to children, just one or a group.
    I like how Sims can multi-task, like eating, listening to music, and conversing all at once.

What I don't like:

I think watering and weeding a garden takes a disproportionate amount of time compared to the size of the garden.
    I wish Sims would drop everything and rush to the side of another Sim dying in the household, and react. There are delayed mourning reactions, but in general there seems to be too much complacency.
    I don't like how Sims can engage in a fist-fight in public and passers-by ignore it.

Suggestions:

Bring back the family tree.
    Enable choice of last names when couples marry.
    I have not had this situation arise, but I'm reading of Sims not being able to remarry because they are still classed as "married" to a dead spouse. I suggest this not be the case.
    Edited to add: It would be nice to bring back the feature of bringing someone random home from school or work (like TS2). I guess making friends is a motivation to leave the lot (pretty much my only motivation), but it would be nice to at least touch base with some outside Sims through work/school.

Overall thoughts:

I absolutely love the game. I've been with the franchise since TS1, and there are not enough words to convey how much I love the game! I loved TS1 and TS2, somewhat enjoyed TS3 but not all that much. Right now I cannot say whether I love TS4 better than TS2, but I'm still so busy exploring the game that I have no desire to return to TS2 at the moment. Good job!!
    Post edited by MsPhy on
  • Options
    orkisoorkiso Posts: 6 New Member
    As a long time simmer I have hated on these game since it was first announced. Just seeing the faces of 3-4 sims were enough to make me hate the game. But I'm gonna try my best to write what I liked and didn't like here to contribute the feedback system:

WHAT I LIKED:

- So many places to earn money other than having a career.
    - Multi-tasking.
    - Build mode. (exterior design needs so much work though)
    - Easy to use your phone in many ways.
    - Many sims around the town.
    - More work needed to get a promotion / better grade which is challenging in a good way.
    - Easier to befriend with another sim.
    - Took some time to get used to the UI but now I love it. White is good.

WHAT I DISLIKED:

- Lack of openworld.
    - Loading Screens.
    - Not being able to use different sims that are at different locations at the same time.
    - Emotions not adding much to the game.. It's just.. There. Your sim gains 3-5 different interactions. That's pretty much it.
    - Ridiculously small towns. 20 lots? Um... I get that you had to make the cities slower for reasons but you at least could have added more than 2 cities.
    - Lack of places to hang out like restaurants, theatres, stadium etc.
    - Lack of community lots like Cemeteries, Hospitals, City Halls, Police Stations etc.
    - Teens. Change. Their. Heights. ASAP.
    - Lack of old school careers... We instead got rocket scientist. Seriously?
    - I kissed another sim in front of his husband three times before he reacted. What's up with that?

All I can remember for now.

SUGESTIONS:

- Please, at least remove the loading screens in between neighbours. It's just 4-5 lots, I'm sure it can be done with a patch.
    - A new city at least every month. In my eyes, 6 Sims4 cities = 1 Sims3 city. Which is bad.
    - Add weather, aparments, cats and dogs, and basic stuff missisng from old expansion packs all in 1 big DLC. They are not worthy enough anymore to shape an expansion pack. Be creative with new expansion packs, don't repeat yourselves.
    - Add pools, toddlers and some more basic stuff like cars in patches in the future. No need to rush but absolutely should not be in a DLC or an expansion pack.
    - Make create a town / downloadable towns a thing. Even if we have to pay small amount of money, I want more places to hang out. There really isn't much to do in towns at this moment.
    - Do not work so hard on fixing small bugs. All game has bugs. As long as there is a big demand, let your team focus on creating more stuff instead of upgrading the stuff we have because we really don't have much at this point.

Overall my thoughts before are slightly changed. I'm enjoying the game for what it is but I know I'Ll enjoy it more when you guys start listening to the community more.

I'll give it 6 / 10.
    I'm hoping it'll go up once the patches start hitting in.
  • Options
    heatherfeatherrheatherfeatherr Posts: 5 New Member
    suggestion : ghosts!!!