Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 Base Game Bug Thread - Please read the first post before posting

Comments

• Options
    pinkgirl0515pinkgirl0515 Posts: 25 Member
    CD version. No mod used. Window 8 64 bits. Deformed baby glitch. :(
  • Options
    xitneverendssxitneverendss Posts: 1,772 Member
    edited September 2014
    Latest version of Windows 8

8gb RAM

AMD Radeon graphics

No mods or CC

Not sure if anyone else has reported this yet, but my sim cannot ask to go out on a date over the phone. She will dial and hold the phone up to her ear briefly then hang up.

Also just wanted to emphasize the problem with clipping. It's pretty bad. The overall lighting indoors is an issue too. Interiors are lacking in brightness no matter how many lights you use.
  • Options
    DPB45DPB45 Posts: 36 Member
    > @pinkgirl0515 said:
    > CD version. No mod used. Window 8 64 bits. Deformed baby glitch. :(

Same, my baby looks like a crazy monster. I've got the digital download copy though.
  • Options
    ts3semlts3seml Posts: 440 Member
    edited September 2014
    • Orange juice was stuck to my sim's hand. The only that final let it go was traveling. I know this happens with other items such as paint brushes sometimes.
    • 2 children traveled to the park in Oasis Springs and the time changed backwards by 12+ hours. It was now 11:45pm on Saturday instead of 11:15am on Sunday. I sent them back home and the new time remained. Dad was at work based on his icon but in the house. Everyone seemed like they had just gotten up (full energy).
    • they keep taking plates and glasses with them to play cards but the cards are covered up with the drinks.
    • my babies so far have been fine. I have the DVD and windows 7.
  • Options
    BWpunisherBWpunisher Posts: 169 Member
    I just keep finding them...

Sim was engaged to another sim. She died from hunger (on purpose) during the engagement. Many sim-weeks later, I finally had my sim obtain a new girlfriend.

Tried to get them to become engaged...except...they can't. It tells me that he cannot become engaged because he is already engaged. The sim he is apparently still engaged to is deceased, so I cannot exactly break it off. I cannot become engaged to anyone else either.

No custom content.
    i7 1.73 GHz
    Windows 8.1
    GTX 460M 1.5 GB
    6 GB RAM
  • Options
    lord_eimeronlord_eimeron Posts: 12 New Member
    No mods, no CC, Origin DL, Windows 7 64bit, 8gb RAM, dedicated AMD HD 7750 graphics card.

Legs visibly clip into the furniture for some Sims:
    http: //i.imgur.com/jlFpfTD.png (remove space char since forum won't let me post proper links)

Since hovering feet above the floor would look a lot less jarring, the easiest fix would be to make the game check for that and move the Sims up slightly. Whatever you do, please do something about it - it looks rather odd with all the other visual perfection.
  • Options
    cotter2cotter2 Posts: 1 New Member
    edited September 2014
    I had a few issues, I apologize if they have been reported, I didn't want to go through all 16 pages.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Child sim remained fully clothed when taking a bath (also there was no censor, but she was clothed so that might explain that part)

objects remaining in sims hand after activity is over (so far it's been my phone and paint brush)

sim refusing to use the toilet, they would sit on it and then immediately get up.

sim won't clean up dishes, he would pick them up and then just set them down again.

I have an issue where when multiple sims are having a conversation over dinner they will play musical chairs. They randomly get up and move to another open seat for no reason.

Sims will talk to each other through the wall

I had a single instance of telling my sim to use the computer and then he would use a different computer in the house instead of the one I told him to use
    -----------------------------------------------

using vanilla version of the game, digital delux, windows 7
  • Options
    meekeeleekeemeekeeleekee Posts: 202 Member
    Windows 7 Home Premium.
    Imac mid 2011 model
    intel core i5
    8G RAM
    1T space.

Graphics card is AMD Radeon HD 6770M.

Everything is clean and only noticed stuttering/choppyness maybe 3 times.

Just in my first household after about an hour of play I couldnt get niether sim back into the house through the door. They acted like it was obstructed even if i changed the door or moved things around it. Had to move to a new house (luckily I needed a new one anyway!)

and just a slightly annoying bug is that when sending a sim to a toilet 90% of the time they sit down and then hop straight up without voiding themselves. I have to make them go to the toilet a few times before they sit down properly.
  • Options
    khynneakhynnea Posts: 265 Member
    crinrict wrote: »
    One question: How would everyone feel, if I re-opened this at AnswerHQ instead of here: http://answers.ea.com/

You're doing all the work. Do it where it's the least amount of effort for you...
  • Options
    xxaznztarxxxxaznztarxx Posts: 92 Member
    @xxaznztarxx: Is it reproducible if you get rid of those ? With new ones ?
    It happened twice while I was playing. The first time it happened, my sims would collect the plates but then they would keep putting it back down whenever I tried to make them clean up so in the end I had to move the plates myself to the sink. After that, everything seemed fine for a few sim hours but then it happened again. Both my sims were in a happy mood, their needs were fine, mostly green or yellow.
  • Options
    Vlydia713Vlydia713 Posts: 159 Member
    edited September 2014
    Sims who come home from work while active Sim is on another lot will keep the "at work" icon and options in their profile. The Sim is still playable in this state, but it's not possible to center the view on them and can't use their HUD. (The issue can be resolved by making them "come home early".)

Not sure if this is a bug, but it doesn't seem possible to dance along to a jukebox.
  • Options
    mwdonohuemwdonohue Posts: 3,307 Member
    My sim couldn't cook on the oven (waved hands in the air. double x speech bubble) even when it was right in front of her with no objects blocking it.
  • Options
    berng00berng00 Posts: 122 Member
    I have the stretched baby bug... Yep. I have a laptop with 2 vid cards.

I've tried:
    • switching to the Nvdia card GTX770
    • changing to laptop mode
    • switching to medium on all graphic options
    • I have no cc. (didn't even know cc was available yet!)

I have:
    • Operating System: Windows 8.1 64-bit (6.3, Build 9600) (9600.winblue_gdr.140330-1035
    • Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
    • System Manufacturer: TOSHIBA
    • System Model: Qosmio X70-A
    • BIOS: 1.50
    • Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4700MQ CPU @ 2.40GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.4GHz
    • Memory: 32768MB RAM
    • Available OS Memory: 32692MB RAM
    • Page File: 3582MB used, 33973MB available
    • Windows Dir: C:\Windows
    • DirectX Version: DirectX 11
    • DX Setup Parameters: Not found
    • User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
    • System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
    • DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
    • DxDiag Version: 6.03.9600.16384 64bit Unicode
        I'm in process of uninstalling/reinstalling and enabling the Nvidia card before launching the game. I'll have to replay my sims... argh... just like old times w/ Sims3! But, if the reinstall doesn't work, I'll just play. I don't have to keep the babies for long.
    • Options
      MCarollMCaroll Posts: 50 Member
      edited September 2014
      I've been playing mainly with build mode,
      I don't have any mods or costume content.
      Win 7, and the game is digital.

I have notice few things that may be a bug:

- Whenever I move a room, any room, the covering that allows the roofs go missing, and I have to build another room on top (like Sims 3 - wall by wall), then erase only the walls, not the entire new room, so the roof is enabled again. For that matter I did tried just to place the floor, but there wasn't any grader.

- When placing this kitchen I made, every time the same things go missing - some counters and appliances. And when I move it too.

- I had this issue with the foundation, I was editing a terrace, and when I made it smaller a part of the floor just vanished, and I had to reload the game, without saving the error, so I could restart what I was doing without the glitch. FYI I did tried do go backwards, build a new one, but the hole in the middle of the foundation just remained. - This only happened once

The couple hours I had with live mode:

- Every loading screen turned 'TestingCheats' off, and I had to retype it.

- Using the cheat above, I went to CAS to edit my sim, but I couldn't change the sim traits - could change aspirations, and the rest, but not the traits.

One more thing, I don't think is a bug, but could be improved with a patch, I think, after editing the worlds, adding new houses and households, I have been experiencing some choking, the game just freezes for a bit, pretty much like a choke, it's really fast (in comparison with Sims 3). This I've seen when loading the game, and with build mode, again it's really fast.
      I did tried creating a new saving (I don't how to call in English the other saving option).

That's what I notice so far. Sorry if I didn't make myself clear and for whatever mistakes, English is not my first language.
      Sorry about the editing, I'm just answering some things I forgot.
    • Options
      electrical_pandaelectrical_panda Posts: 94 Member
      edited September 2014
      I've already made a post but just discovered another bug.
      No mods
      No custom content
      Windows 8
      Origin Download

Just tried to open my game back up and load my save only to find that my last few hours of game play isn't saved at all??!! My sims are still where I left them this morning before I played this afternoon. The time stamp on the auto save was correct so I thought it should work. I save literally every 5 minutes, multiple files. I've been playing since the original Sims so I'm well aware of the crashing issues so I save extremely frequently. Please help! If this keeps happening there is no purpose to keep playing!!!! And yes, I've closed my game and reloaded several times and tried my different saves but they're all at the same spot even though they have different time stamps!
    • Options
      AGHorsesAGHorses Posts: 16 Member
      Are you using mods? Never
      Are you using custom content (as in clothing and objects) ? No
      What is your Operating System (XP, Vista, Win 7, Win 8, Win 8.1) ? Windows 7
      Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game ? Download

Relationship issue: My sim had a fairly high romantic and friend relationship with a sim in another household. Upon reloading the game for a new play session, the friendship bar had remained, while the romantic relationship was reset to zero.

Drinks: My sims cannot multitask while drinking anything. If they are currently drinking and I direct them to do something else, they immediately set the drink down to go do the other action. If doing something else and I tell them to drink, they immediately stop the other action to drink. Queue not working correctly?

Another thing I noticed that seems weird is that two roommates (not romantic, barely even friends) were in the bathroom together, one on the toilet and one in the shower.
    • Options
      DJMARIADJMARIA Posts: 6 New Member
      My Sims get super fat and won't lose weight sometimes, even though they work out like crazy. Along with the faulty numeral speed controls, this also gets fixed with a reset. It's just super annoying because it takes a while to figure out whether it's fixed or not.
    • Options
      itasan2itasan2 Posts: 31 Member
      edited September 2014
      We can't enter Japanese in any textbox like Sim's Name and Keyword for Search in Build Mode :'(

Later I found it is some IME's problem. Microsoft IME is OK so it is not SIMS4's bug. Sorry.
      Post edited by itasan2 on
    • Options
      Lianuh1104Lianuh1104 Posts: 142 Member
      no mods, no cc, Win7, DVD

I had an issue where my sim met and started a relationship with a girl at the gym, and when he returned home he didn't know her. It was as if he had never even gone. No one her met at the gym were in his relationship panel.

I also my sim is a level 10 chef in the cooking track, but the reward room is still locked.

I wasn't sure if you wanted us to report if we are also having a certain issue, so reading through the list I have also experienced the Wedding Party Gone Wrong, Maid Stopped Coming, and Museum bathroom party thing.
    • Options
      AikoSubhiAikoSubhi Posts: 1 New Member
      Are you using mods: Nope, never
      Are you using custom content (as in clothing and objects) ? No
      What is your Operating System (XP, Vista, Win 7, Win 8, Win 8.1) ? Win 7
      Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game ? Download version

1. When I first got it and after messing around for a while in build mode, the screen when completely blue except for the controllers (time speed, sims selecting, mode selecting, options...). Got fixed by closing and opening the game again, but it shouldn't happen so I figure it's a bug anyway.
      2. Not sure if this one is a bug or if it's meant that way, if so, doesn't make much sense. My sim, on her regular outfit, wears glasses and makeup, however when changing into her work uniform (chef) it's all gone and it just doesn't seem right, can't find an option to fix that or anything so I thought I could bring that up here.
    • Options
      p0chacc0p0chacc0 Posts: 2 New Member
      No mods
      No custom content
      Windows 7
      Origin Download

My only Sim came back from work and he stayed in the status "at work", so I couldn't check his needs, social, or anything else. He would do all the automatic basic stuff (eat, sleep, go to work, etc.) so I let it go on... didn't know what to do to get out of that state. Until 3 sims day after when at work, I tried to go home early, and it finally got out of that state!
    • Options
      p0chacc0p0chacc0 Posts: 2 New Member
      No mods
      No custom content
      Windows 7
      Origin Download

Another bug, can't pay my bills!! The bills is in my inventory, I click on it, try to pay it, and in the action queue, the icon comes and disappear right away. Can't pay my bills by phone, mailbox or computer, so now my electricity has been cut out. Don't know what to do.
    • Options
      Dixie_18402Dixie_18402 Posts: 1 New Member
      My Sim has an ever present, ever increasing logic skill bar above her head, her logic skill is currently at 343%, this happened after a heated game of chess on the Chessmaster chess board. I have tried getting her to perform other skill tasks, the new skill increases at the normal speed, however the logic skill continues to increase as well. I can reset the percentage by having her play chess again, but when she stops, the same phenomenon continues anew. No mods, no custom content
    • Options
      Please repost if it does. I won't add for now

Consuming the last of a family meal leaves an empty plate in the fridge that needs to be removed and disposed of. So far of several 'group' servings I have only encountered this one time. Will of course watch to see if this happens again. Expected behavior is that the serving plate auto-cleans up when you take the last serving out.

Reposting. At this moment I have 2 empty serving plates in my fridge. It recurred once before these two; it eventually 'spoiled' and was able to be removed as 'bad food.' But that's going to happen when the original dish itself would have spoiled, anywhere from 1-8 in game days from now. It should be auto-cleaning up. At least there is a catch for it, it just makes it hard to find things once gardening and fish get thrown in there as well (since there's no sort, no resize of fridge window etc).
    • Options
      edited September 2014
      sorry, duplicate post.
    This discussion has been closed.
    Return to top