Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

CURRENT DD (DAILY DEAL) ROTATION & SALES HELP: STARTED SEPTEMBER 22ND

Comments

• Options
    MiaSkywalkerMiaSkywalker Posts: 3,436 Member
    edited October 2014
    Elf67 wrote: »
    Is Dragon Age a fighting game or more like an adventure/quest game?
    It's a fantasy RPG, and it's excellent.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Double posted. (sigh)
  • Options
    trithonetrithone Posts: 1,406 Member
    Elf67 wrote: »
    Is Dragon Age a fighting game or more like an adventure/quest game?

It is more like Baldur's Gate, Neverwinter Nights or other D&D role-playing based games, but with an updated system. Dragon Age 2 had great graphics - really interesting to watch the characters fight, and some of the decisions you make in DA 1 made a difference in the storyline (kind of). I'm hoping Dragon Age 3 is just as good.
    a.k.a. Samantha (though Sam is just fine, too. Also, Simmantha, according to my husband.)

Thanks to a lot of amazing sim friends I have owned the store for a while now. If you'd like to help out a really good friend of mine who just started playing the game, here is his wishlist. Thanks!

• Options
    EdncrryEdncrry Posts: 231 Member
    I'm waiting for something I don't own to be on the DD, but, most of all I'm waiting for World of Wonder. I don't see any use for the tent, but, I really want the carousel. Please!
  • Options
    Sweet2Sweet2 Posts: 1,736 Member
    edited October 2014
    191 ) Hipsters United / 25 / 75 / 67% / 2 hrs

Next
    192 ) Cante Captivating / / 298 / % / 2 hrs
    193 ) Storybook Dining Room Set / / 239 / % / hrs

Storybook dining currently on Weekly Sale for 191
    My Page Another lot and Household Uploaded :)

• Options
    despina53despina53 Posts: 1,654 Member
    Did anyone else notice that we now have page numbers at the top of the page? <3B)
    Call me Dee :p
    Proud member of the "Own The Store Club"
  • Options
    XimphXimph Posts: 1,044 Member
    despina53 wrote: »
    Did anyone else notice that we now have page numbers at the top of the page? <3B)

Thank goodness. That will make it easier when I'm editing the front post. It always throws me to the back of the thread and I have to scroll down and click one every time XD
    My Studio
    Part of the "Own the Store Club" horray!!
    My Youtube Let's Play Video!
  • Options
    XimphXimph Posts: 1,044 Member
    Something about the font has changed as well.
    My Studio
    Part of the "Own the Store Club" horray!!
    My Youtube Let's Play Video!
  • Options
    despina53despina53 Posts: 1,654 Member
    It seems to be tinier, maybe? It's definitely harder to see. I wish they could have made all the changes to the site before moving us over here :(
    Call me Dee :p
    Proud member of the "Own The Store Club"
  • Options
    CyraelliaCyraellia Posts: 85 Member
    Hi, I'm a quiet stalker of this thread (started recently so I've missed sooooo many good DDs in the past :( ). Thank you for creating this wonderful thread.
    I have a question for you, wonderful people who are experienced in getting good deals and so forth.
    I want to purchase Aurora Skies. I thought of getting the gold version of it. After checking, seems like Gold version is simply the world that comes with the prodigy learning center venue. Is this true? Are there any extra items that I can only get by purchasing Gold Version. Buying world and venue individually will save me over 300 simpoints (especially if either the venue or the world can be in DD). So, what would your suggestion be?
  • Options
    SadistWitch666SadistWitch666 Posts: 78 Member
    Cyraellia, see if you can find it in "Make me an offer". Standard can show up for around 880SP. To me, it looks like Prodigy Learning Center (and the child items with it) seems to be the only difference between standard and gold.
    28rgwnd.gif

• Options
    JennaIsGhostJennaIsGhost Posts: 1,209 Member
    Ximph wrote: »

I just refreshed the page and was like "whaaat?!" I'm not sure how I feel about this font.
    a.k.a. Jenna, in case the username didn't give it away. ;P
    MyPage
    I own the whole store!!
    "Color Simmons, cooooolloor!"
    ezgifcom-resize.gif
    Gif from Rub Some Bacon on It
  • Options
    MarvelissaMarvelissa Posts: 9,456 Member
    It's thinner. Not bolded anymore I think.
    I don't really like it - pretty, but a bit too thin for my taste when you use the forums zoomed out like I do.
    Mafia Stats:
    Games Played: 59 | Wins: 31 | Losses: 27 | Draws: 1
    Scum: 14 | Town: 40 | Third: 5
    Scum Wins: 5 | Town Wins: 25 | Third Party Wins: 1
    Alive: 18 | Nightkilled: 16 | Lynched: 18 | Endgamed: 3 | Other: 5
  • Options
    Cyraellia wrote: »
    Hi, I'm a quiet stalker of this thread (started recently so I've missed sooooo many good DDs in the past :( ). Thank you for creating this wonderful thread.
    I have a question for you, wonderful people who are experienced in getting good deals and so forth.
    I want to purchase Aurora Skies. I thought of getting the gold version of it. After checking, seems like Gold version is simply the world that comes with the prodigy learning center venue. Is this true? Are there any extra items that I can only get by purchasing Gold Version. Buying world and venue individually will save me over 300 simpoints (especially if either the venue or the world can be in DD). So, what would your suggestion be?
    Most of the worlds, the only difference between Gold and Standard is the venue. If you buy the venue separately, there's no reason to buy the Gold version of the world.

There are only two worlds where this is different - Roaring Heights and Dragon Valley. If you buy the gold version of Roaring Heights you get a clothing set that you can't get any other way. If you get the gold version of Dragon Valley you get the Celtic Lands set. HOWEVER, if you get the standard version of Dragon Valley through Origin, you can also get the Celtic Lands set.

For all other worlds, there's really no difference. I've also seen that there's no real discount in buying Gold as compared to Standard + venue. Since the venues are sometimes on the DD, you're better off getting Standard through MMAO and the venue through the DD, if it's available. And then you just need to ignore the gold versions of the world that will continue to taunt you on MMAO. :)
  • Options
    Marvelissa wrote: »
    I don't really like it - pretty, but a bit too thin for my taste when you use the forums zoomed out like I do.
    I don't really care that much. I just wish they would give us PMs back.
  • Options
    Me1620Me1620 Posts: 5,000 Member
    edited October 2014
    Cyraellia wrote: »
    Welcome to the DD thread. On a world's product page, select the gold and items tab to see what is only available in the gold edition.

@ spreadsheet team - I am clocking in.
    a.k.a. - Jodi and a link to My Page on the Sims 3 website

To help you organize your stalking of the Daily Deal, please join us on the Daily Deal Rotation and Sales Help thread and please view the DD Spreadsheet
  • Options
    Marvelissa wrote: »
    I don't really care that much. I just wish they would give us PMs back.

Me too. The PMs were great.
    Mafia Stats:
  • Options
    Elf67Elf67 Posts: 1,198 Member
    I don't like this new font! Reminds me of why my ipad is still on ios 6 (the font used in ios 7 and 8 is too thin for me to be able to read-even with bold enabled)! Thanks for the answers about Dragon Age. Is only the PC version available, or is the Mac one available as well?
  • Options
    192 ) Cante Captivating / 275 / 298 / 8% / 2 hrs

Next:
    193 ) Storybook Dining Room Set / / 239 / % / hrs
    194 ) Steampunk Savvy / / 561 / % / hrs

Bleh.
    Mafia Stats:
  • Options
    silencedsongsilencedsong Posts: 1,102 Member
    edited October 2014
    192 ) Cante Captivating / 275 / 298 / 8% / 2 hrs (less than 114)
    ...not the greatest, but at least it wasn't a negative discount.

Next up -

193 ) Storybook Dining Room Set / 2 hrs
    194 ) Steampunk Savvy (repeat of 118?)
  • Options
    CyraelliaCyraellia Posts: 85 Member
    Me1620 wrote: »
    Welcome to the DD thread. On a world's product page, select the gold and items tab to see what is only available in the gold edition.

@ spreadsheet team - I am clocking in.

Thanks and yes, I did some comparing before, but I thought I'd double check by asking here. Just to be sure. :)
    Cyraellia, see if you can find it in "Make me an offer". Standard can show up for around 880SP. To me, it looks like Prodigy Learning Center (and the child items with it) seems to be the only difference between standard and gold.

What? You've seen standard for only that much?? I've never seen it that low :(
    Hopefully I'll get an offer like that too one of these days.

For all other worlds, there's really no difference. I've also seen that there's no real discount in buying Gold as compared to Standard + venue. Since the venues are sometimes on the DD, you're better off getting Standard through MMAO and the venue through the DD, if it's available. And then you just need to ignore the gold versions of the world that will continue to taunt you on MMAO. :)

I've always thought so too until just recently. Gold Aurora Skies is 4307 pts but world and venue separately will be 2426 + 1539 = 3965 pts.
    Please do excuse me if I sound so stingy. I'm just running out of points...slowly but surely. Especially since knowing about DD :o

Thank you for your answers, everyone!
    *Time to watch more ads to accumulate more pts! :D*
  • Options
    JennaIsGhostJennaIsGhost Posts: 1,209 Member
    Hmmm..I haven't ran into many ads today.
    a.k.a. Jenna, in case the username didn't give it away. ;P
    MyPage
    I own the whole store!!
    "Color Simmons, cooooolloor!"
    ezgifcom-resize.gif
    Gif from Rub Some Bacon on It
  • Options
    Pugslover4Pugslover4 Posts: 2,849 Member
    edited October 2014
    I don't like this one bit, the bold, and even in the Sims 3 sites are kinda of weird. Cause something they show that you can order online and get money. I don't like it. I want the old thing back.....
    I am so confused at the store.....here pic what I am talking about
    [IMG]http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh222/Pugslover4/🐸🐸🐸🐸_zpsf7f61895.png[/IMG]
    and this
    strangeglitch_zps15863e40.png
    Edit even ads are screwy!
    9cac0e69-be99-4238-b1c8-e9ef2f5d7718_zps38d42068.jpg
    I owned the store! Yahoo!
  • Options
    Cynth220Cynth220 Posts: 1,162 Member
    I can't wait for More Magic! to come up again, I'm at 74% and it's STILL not dropped enough to be free as it is! It's driving me batty. >:)
  • Options
    CogitotoroCogitotoro Posts: 1,401 Member
    @Elf67, and other cat lovers on here, this one's for you. There's a new litter of cheetah cubs at the Metro Richmond Zoo, and they have a cheetahcam. The last time one of their cheetahs had cubs I was glued to their cheetahcam for weeks and weeks. They're the cutest, definitely worth a look-in once in a while to see if they're active.

I haven't posted for a while, but glad to hear all good news (especially @trithone). I'm really not getting any ads any more - one or two here and there - which is depressing. Missed the Skylight Studio, but with no ad SPs coming in, I can live with that. I'm back to being a SimPoint miser.

Finally, I agree with those not loving the new font. In compose mode it's the old font, and I'm like, "ahh, I can read this." Then I switch to Preview and it's like "what the?" and back to Edit: "aw, I missed you, better font!"
    Cogitotoro, aka Ashley
    siggy3_zpsaaab9c22.jpg
    No wishlist for me!
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top