Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Legacy Home Must Haves...

Comments

• Options
    allisoneg02allisoneg02 Posts: 2,870 Member
    I used to try and makeover things for each generation but that got old. What I have been doing in sims 3 and want to do in for is an Expansion Legacy. So the first generation is base only and you play a new generation with each expansion adding the new ep's features in as I go. I won't be playing exactly by the rules because I like to enjoy each generation I play on long instead of normal and I will have other families I play as well (not in the same save) because who knows what the frequency of ep's will be!
    - Check out my youtube channel and my sims 4 legacy on tumblr-
    alliesim02
    The Scott Legacy
  • Options
    LebannaLebanna Posts: 1,157 Member
    the thing about legacy houses is that legacies stick with the same lot, the same house the whole game, and don't have the funds for a ready-built house until the legacy is already well underway. So the purpose of your house is lost on the legacy player.

I always pick out a house and a floor plan. That way as my founder earns money I start to build the "bones" of it and while I might at first have her sleeping and using the toilet in the future living/study/kitchen it's just temporary. Since the sims 4 allows you to upload rooms my idea this time was to make her a shack and then as she gets money buy the rooms which I will premake on a another lot. I don't know how well it will work yet but I also wanted to include other simmers ideas for my website :)

I think that is a great idea! You don't have to pre-make them on another lot though? You could build the entire house like you would want it. and then upload the rooms separate to the gallery and when you start your legacy, start with the basis :) And you can keep on adding on your premade rooms :) And if you give the house a nice name, use that as a # when uploading the rooms. So everyone else can find all the rooms that belong to that house too :) just an idea I had too :P
    Writer for Platinum Simmers

Gallery ID: Annabelli_22
  • Options
    Yeah that's kind of my idea is just have the rooms ready to place as I go. I'm building a model in sims 3 today(I've been lucky and it hasn't crashed!) just to get an idea of where I want to put stuff :)
    alliesim02
    The Scott Legacy
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    Oh yeah i didn't talk about what's inside.
    I like it when modern and traditional collide.
    Starting from the outside in the backyard there's a barn in the barn is the Crafting Table, for the one of many hobbies for the Trent.
    the Gardens. Not really sure how if everything has to have a foundation if the main house has a foundation... can we make different parts have different foundation levels and wall heights on the same floor?
    one Apple Tree, 5 maybe more Grape Vines, then just flowers all around For Julia and Mason. Mason loves tending to the apple tree and grape vine, two of my favorite fruits, so happy they made that. Julia know how to garden she loves flowers Roses and Hydrangeas specifically but it's not her top favorite thing to do. Also Mason just Loves the Outdoors, So I have him go outside relax under a Oak tree or something with his laptop/Favorite book, if there's an option between a real soccer ball or the simulator I'll put a real soccer ball if not the simulator. For Desireé, she's a bit of a Party Animal, and since she'll be graduating from college soon she'll need space for her Graduation party she'll be throwing. So the yard is well decorated with pretty plants, lights, a Canopy, a Fountain, a Grill, a fire pit for a bonfire (hopefully it's in the game) and what's a party without a killer bass dropping sound system.
    Going into the house into the kitchen, through some french doors Nothing major, just a kitchen suitable for A Master Chef. That's right Trent is also an awesome cook well the entire family is really. Trent has baked both his kids birthday cakes their whole lives and Wife's since they started dating he even took part with the wedding cake and the cater.
    He's a man of many talents.
    Then there is the Living/family room, where almost all moments happen. Cosy and still spacious to fool around. it's not completely open to the upstairs above just over the stair case in that picture i'm thinking about putting windows over the door way so the sims can have an over look. and when the sun sets the light just blares in. maybe make it a door so it's a balcony over the doorway outside.
    the Dining room, is for formal and family dinners like when the grandparents and friends come for Holidays, New Years, birthdays.
    The Study which in the back corner of the house where the chimney is. I have a wall filled with books on both sides of the fire place, on the mantle a wide flat screen TV that I'll make believe is a Smart TV. Trent is also a detective, so he needs an office to solve some cases at home. this room holds a lot of memories as well, like announcements about having a baby, Finding out a loved one has past away.
    Upstairs in the master bedroom, a king sized blue canopy bed (haven't seen one yet but I'll manage) other than the set wardrobes, mirrored chests, and night stands I think. thinking about what else to give the parents other than their own TV, walk in closet, and own bathroom.
    Julia is Family-oriented, a Bookworm and Music Lover, her aspiration, Soulmate. I can have a mic maybe because likes to sing, a maybe a stack of books on her night stand, 50 shades of Goth? Family pictures all over the house. She's a stay at home mom/wife for now, at least.
    Trent is a Foodie, Bro, and a goofball, his aspiration, Master Chef. he has a lot already.
    Desireé, she is a bit of a Fashion Guru, her traits are Snob, Ambitious and Active, her aspiration Fabulously wealthy. so her purple walls are covered with magazine clippings and drawings of ideas and inspiration and things she desires. She has an easel to design clothes and music gets her inspired so she has a stereo and a TV of her own.
    Mason is a bit of a Nerd Bain, his traits Love the Outdoors, Foodie, and sort of Clumsy, boy can't help it. He's a gamer, a Goalie on the Soccer team (I play for fun, not competitive). so some fantasy posters grace his red walls. a triple-screen computer in the corner another tv mounted on the wall, a red and black bed, I'll give him another soccer ball, a book shelf. i'm not sure to make my simself a teen or a young adult, in my current game he's a teen, the bar says he's almost ready to grow up, he's about 75% on they way to become a young adult. my rap self tho, I am 19... should I'm just thinking about story purposes.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    That's a very good list! I can't wait to see what kind of landscaping I can do with 4, I just started to get good at it in 3! Very exciting we have just 6 days left!
    alliesim02
    The Scott Legacy
  • Options
    SparkleSparkle Posts: 1,476 Member
    Sparkle wrote: »
    Definitely need some kind of automatic bathroom locking system LOL Although I am going to miss all the bathroom births! XD
    Those are always funny! Especially if they clog the toilet first!

@allisoneg02 - ah the best ones were always clogged toilet, with a pee puddle on the floor, 3 other sims hanging around waving their arms at you frantically and then..... BABY! Closely followed by *faceplam* :D
    Origin: sparklesim | Twitter | Facebook | Click below to read about my Sims 4 Hood
    SparkleSimsSig2.png
  • Options
    it was a Unless it was a toilet baby o.O
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

• Options
    CatszaCatsza Posts: 72 Member
    I haven't really given much thought to the home my legacy is going to have, because I'm planning at first to take it slowly, always according to my family's wealth. But I absolutely consider a necessity lots of bathrooms, too. I want at least one in each floor (more, depending on the floor's size), one in the Master Bedroom, one near the Children's Rooms and one in every Guest Room. And, of course one in my Inspiration Room. With all the emotions, I'm really trying to think extensively about my Sims's needs! :D
  • Options
    ruthless_kkruthless_kk Posts: 3,987 Member
    For a large multi-generational family home, I think a large dining room with plenty of room for the sims to move around is important. I hate it when half the time at a sim birthday party is spent with the sims all jockeying for position. Granted, the new routing and animations are supposed to take care of some of that...but a good traffic flow between the kitchen and the dining room, and a decent sized dining area seem to be pretty important when you have a large household of sims to take care of :)
  • Options
    I built a "model" house in the sims 3 this morning of what I'm envisioning my legacy house will look like when it's done. I'll try to share the pictures here too later on when I get a chance to upload them :D
    alliesim02
    The Scott Legacy
  • Options
    I'd love to take a look at it!! I've never done a legacy challenge before, and I've never played a family for 10 generations, so I'd really like to see what a full-grown legacy home looks like :p
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    I uploaded pictures to my tumblr.. I really don't wan to repost tonight, it's been a long day so just hop over there and check it out if you like alliesim02.tumblr.com/ ;)
    alliesim02
    The Scott Legacy
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    Your sims 3 model version of your plans for your sims 4 legacy home looks very nice! @allisoneg02 :) The exterior of the home looks very nice ! The front and back porches look great! Great layout of the interior of the home. The floorplans look great! It looks nice how you have set up the furnishings in the rooms. I will look forward to seeing your sims 4 versions of each of the rooms and of the house. :)
  • Options
    Thanks @rosemow! After todays build mode demo I'm on pins and needles waiting for next Tuesday! So close yet so far away!
    alliesim02
    The Scott Legacy
  • Options
    Wow!!! That looks so majestic!!!! I love it!! Ahhh, the kitchen islands <3 I'm obsessed with them, and i can't believe how I never made one for my Sims before! Pff, totally going to do that for TS4!!!! Your house is awesome, i'm definitely getting ideas from it! (I don't think I could ever make a house so nice, but oh well :D )
  • Options
    Thanks! I'm such a sucker for islands myself! The kitchen is almost always my favorite room of the house (probably because I love the cooking skill!) and I can't wait to make some in 4 because they look so much cleaner!!
    alliesim02
    The Scott Legacy
  • Options
    Islands are cool i wanted to make one but my kitchen wasn't big enough to complete it, i could expand the kitchen but then the outside of the house wouldn't look right. it's always the 1 square.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

• Options
    Thanks @rosemow! After todays build mode demo I'm on pins and needles waiting for next Tuesday! So close yet so far away!

@allisoneg02 you just put the words "build mode demo" in my head - that is cruel! Now all i can think about is the idea of a playable demo and I still need to concentrate on work! :p
    Origin: sparklesim | Twitter | Facebook | Click below to read about my Sims 4 Hood
    SparkleSimsSig2.png
  • Options
    Sorry @Sparkle! Oh my I would have loved a build mode demo.. guess I should have said LB! I am glad they gave us CAS to play with but I've made so many sims already I need something else!! haha
    alliesim02
    The Scott Legacy
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    @allisoneg02 Agreed - I haven't even made that many sims. Reading about the houses though has me thinking I should try my hand at a legacy again - I'm just not sure I can readjust my play style to put in all the planning to get the points though :S

Just to add - love the house! Only just had a chance to take look. The style of the outside reminds me of one of the greek houses in sims 2 university - really liked that house even if I did have to remodel the inside :D
    SparkleSimsSig2.png
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    I don't even worry about points! I just like the struggle at first and then seeing the family grow and thrive through the generations. I've been doing my expansion legacy as a way of testing out all of the games features so that I don't feel like I've left anything out.

In the sims 2 and 3 for the most part I would play the same kind of sims, same traits, same blah.. so when I started experimenting with stuff I didn't normally play with I had a lot more fun, even if it was something that I didn't consider "my thing". :)
    alliesim02
    The Scott Legacy
  • Options
    Does sound like a good way to make yourself play traits and such you wouldn't normally try - I am going to have to force myself to do that with 4 I think cos that tab with snob,slob, materialistic etc (can't remember it's name *doh!*) is at the moment going to get side stepped so need to make myself use them.
    SparkleSimsSig2.png
  • Options
    My legacy sim is a snob.. she was also a snob AND diva in the sims 3.. she was a lot of fun :)
    alliesim02
    The Scott Legacy
  • Options
    Now Diva does sound fun.... snob... hmmmm maybe I just need to give it a try XD
    SparkleSimsSig2.png
  • Options
    Most of her wishes had to do with buying new stuff, getting a new outfit and things like that. Not sure how it's going to work with emotions!
    alliesim02
    The Scott Legacy