Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why the hate for sims 2?

wolfkomoki1wolfkomoki1 Posts: 5,053 Member
I personally think sims 2 is better than 3. What's with the hate?
6JSxk49.png?1

Comments

• Options
    CeliriaCeliria Posts: 3,488 Member
    What hate? I haven't seen much hate at all for it.
  • Options
    Wildley CuriousWildley Curious Posts: 5,349 Member
    Celiria wrote: »
    What hate? I haven't seen much hate at all for it.

Neither have I. In fact, I just got done playing a 2 hour TS2 session with my current favorite couple - and their four toddlers! :)
    “I was so sure that I knew what they needed and what I wanted to sell them that I never stopped long enough to find out what it was they wanted to buy.”
    ― Chris Murray, The Extremely Successful Salesman's Club
  • Options
    Milkshake465Milkshake465 Posts: 16 Member
    Some people don't like it because they think that Sims 3 graphics are way better than Sims 2. I personally like the graphics on Sims 2.
  • Options
    boggieboggie Posts: 348 Member
    I've always like the sims 2. We get apartments with landlord and better businesses and restaurants.
  • Options
    Frn0731Frn0731 Posts: 7,180 Member
    edited August 2014
    no one hates the sims 2 , that would just be wrong.
    Laugh out loud. Often
  • Options
    AntiSocialSim72AntiSocialSim72 Posts: 186 Member
    The graphics in 2 are a bit dated, that's the only "detriment" I can see (I still like the, some may not). I like 2 and 3, for different reasons, and play them both.
  • Options
    dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    I don't know, I know I've had a lot of problems with it (I gave it up after getting the UC and went to TS3 full time again because sims 3 runs better for me, sims 3 runs better, sims 3... yeah, it's that bad) and I know a few other that had problems, so they probably don't like it. Also we all have different playstyles and interests for some it's just not what they want from a game, because we're all different. Besides I haven't seen that much hate for it. Maybe a few people posting like once or twice. Oh well, they're entitled to not like it.
  • Options
    FairyLights1FairyLights1 Posts: 759 Member
    I don't hate Sims 2, in fact, I have lots of love for it, and always will, but I don't think it compares to 3.
  • Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    This 1.gif is what I think of TS2. 10.gif
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    RevoixRevoix Posts: 72 Member
    I don't think people hate Sims 2.. It was the best one in my opinion :heart:
  • Options
    DevalaousDevalaous Posts: 1,286 Member
    Sims 2 and 3 are near timeless games. Enough content in each to make them playable for decades down the line. Sims 1 is the one that's aged too much.
    Rebuilding Sims 2 inside Sims 3 one lot and sim at a time.

See my Sims 3 studio for latest progress.
  • Options
    MsPhyMsPhy Posts: 5,055 Member
    Hate? TS2 remains my favorite of the 3 out so far. In some ways I think it's quite superior to TS3. It's funny. All the talk I see right now of people disappointed that TS4 does not seem to build on TS3 is how I felt when TS3 came out; there was just so much that was different, so much that was "left out." Yet, I do enjoy TS3 as a change of pace when I get burned out on TS2. There is good in both. Anyway, back to question: I really haven't seen this TS2 hate to which you refer.
  • Options
    shakeninsaneshakeninsane Posts: 518 Member
    edited August 2014
    The graphics in Sims 3 aren't that much better than Sims 2. Try playing Sims 2 with the graphics set to high and some CC stuff. Maybe the EA stuff was quite odd, but there were amazing modders who made some serious HQ stuff and people. Even to this day, I have trouble telling Sims 2 and Sims 3 people apart, when using mods to create them.

Sims 2 is easily the best out of all the sims games. Sure, I loooove sims 3 now, but even sims 3 is missing some key elements from Sims 2, and could never imitate it by a long shot. I mean, just the fact that your sim could sit in the cars, turn up the music and turn on the head lights was amazing.

I will say though, the trees and plants are a lot better in Sims 3. The trees were awful looking in sims 2. (Even in sims 1, they were tiny but looked very real). In sims 3 they are very nice and realistic again. Sims 4, lol.
  • Options
    WaytoomanyUIDsWaytoomanyUIDs Posts: 845 Member
    edited August 2014
    I've seen a lot of love for TS2, no hate. I have seen people warning of the serious bugs, like vampires biting certain NPCs like Mrs Crumplebottom that can corrupt your entire game and posting fixes for them (For Mrs Crumplebottom, make objects.package readonly before vamps start biting random NPCs). But that's not hate.
    Origin/Gallery ID: WaytoomanyUIDs
  • Options
    TabithaRavenwoodTabithaRavenwood Posts: 771 Member
    Frn0731 wrote: »
    no one hates the sims 2 , that would just be wrong.

I agree with this. I have yet to see any type of hatred for the sim 2...Sime 3, OH YEAH...But the Sims 2 , at one point, was the best selling pc game of all time...then the Sims 3...now its something else. I think Minecraft.
    Getting off topic OP, where did you here this or did you just need a good topic starter? o.O
  • Options
    jauntyjaunty Posts: 3,336 Member
    All I have seen is simmers saying good things about sims2 :-). I loved sims 2 and I used to play it all the time,but I never joined the community so I knew nothing about having a my page,uploading and downloading creations and being able to have friends. It was only when I joined the sims 3 community that I realized what I had been missing out on in the sims 2. I wish I had not sold all my sims 2 eps now because I know that I can download cc just for my own use in game lol.
    m0oUDbi.jpg
  • Options
    AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    For the longest time, there was a lot of hate on the TS3 forums.

It seems that since the gift of the Ultimate Collection, many that never had the chance to try it are singing it's praises.
    Some of the disappointment of TS4 seemed to turn others back for a change from TS3. *shrug*

Personally, it's always been my favorite. After all the content that was added to the game and my adjustment in play style, TS3 is a rather close second for me. :)
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • Options
    wolfkomoki1wolfkomoki1 Posts: 5,053 Member
    It's mainly on youtube now but at one time it was on the old forums.
    6JSxk49.png?1
  • Options
    Feather91Feather91 Posts: 2,132 Member
    What hate? I've seen plenty of hate for TS3 en TS4, but never TS2. I love TS2, it was such an incredible step forward from TS1. Nothing but good words for TS1 and TS2 :)
    tumblr_nabfikC3DM1snecxgo2_400.gif
  • Options
    Jazz-Hands-OKJazz-Hands-OK Posts: 144 Member
    The only 'hate' for Sims 2 is in people looking for trouble. Preferring one version of the Sims series over another does not equate to hate. We're all Simmers, whatever one or ones we prefer.

(Let's all join hands and sing 'The Brady Bunch' theme now, children!) :p
  • Options
    PurpleNightOwlPurpleNightOwl Posts: 205 Member
    I love The Sims 2 and The Sims 3 equally the same, and then there's The Sims 4 but I haven't played it yet, since it hasn't been fully released to the public yet. You Americans are so lucky when it comes to game releases, you get The Sims 4 three days ahead of me!
  • Options
    Bettyboop55Bettyboop55 Posts: 2,646 Member
    People get really attached to the things they love and forget that others might have a different point of view. This is a pity because a world where we all thought the same and liked the same would be boring. That said being attached to something is no excuse for being rude or abusive. I am sorry that you have been upset and would suggest you pay no attention. You are entitled to your opinion :)
    I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.
    Wherever I am friends call me Betty

Sim enim est vita
  • Options
    CayziCayzi Posts: 402 Member
    I haven't seen any hate. I don't like seeing a bunch of posts about it on the SIMS 3 general forums. I wish it had its own section. But personally, I'm over sims 2 and cannot go back.

What I hate is with the Sims 2 ultimate pack they gave out for free, it came with SecuROM which is basically impossible to remove from your computer without reformatting.
    LE45tmE.png
  • Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    n3EYFAE128SUL.jpg
  • Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    CarlyfinnP wrote: »
    I haven't seen any hate. I don't like seeing a bunch of posts about it on the SIMS 3 general forums. I wish it had its own section. But personally, I'm over sims 2 and cannot go back.

What I hate is with the Sims 2 ultimate pack they gave out for free, it came with SecuROM which is basically impossible to remove from your computer without reformatting.

Actually this site does have a section for any sims, including TS2 located here.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/the-sims-general-discussion