Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Where do you upload your CC?

I have been playing with retextures a bit now and I'd like to know what everyone is using to upload their CC for others to play with? I don't know any good hosting sites, so please, share your knowledge.

Comments

• Options
    ThomasTSRThomasTSR Posts: 14 New Member
    We will open up submissions for Sims 4 CC on TSR as soon as the game is out and we have verified the CC created works properly with the full game (not just the CAS demo). We know some aspects of the CC will change in the game which is why we've decided not to provide any CC before the game is out.
  • Options
    LadyEmillyeLadyEmillye Posts: 19,238 Member
    I'm using mediafire and posting the links on my website. I also have one piece so far advertised on MS4B.
  • Options
    KitOnlyHumanKitOnlyHuman Posts: 2,586 Member
    ThomasTSR wrote: »
    We will open up submissions for Sims 4 CC on TSR as soon as the game is out and we have verified the CC created works properly with the full game (not just the CAS demo). We know some aspects of the CC will change in the game which is why we've decided not to provide any CC before the game is out.
    I intend to post to TSR and MTS when the launch hits. I figured that's why they weren't added yet. =) Thank you.
    I'm using mediafire and posting the links on my website. I also have one piece so far advertised on MS4B.
    Is Mediafire free? I'm setting up a Tumblr as we speak.

• Options
    edited August 2014
    Yes it is free, and has 50 GB of storage. You can pay for more storage, but the 50 GB is more than enough. 4Shared is also a good one to have as well.
  • Options
    @LadyEmillye Thank you very much for all of your help. <3
  • Options
    No Problem at all, I look forward to seeing your creations :smiley:
  • Options
    http://kitonlyhuman-sims4cc.tumblr.com/
    How does it look? =D
  • Options
    It looks great! Can't wait to see more :mrgreen:
  • Options
    LaudeLaude Posts: 640 Member
    I'm using 'Mediafire' and 'Mega'. You can use also '4shared' and 'dropbox'. All are free.
  • Options
    Laude wrote: »
    I'm using 'Mediafire' and 'Mega'. You can use also '4shared' and 'dropbox'. All are free.
    Thanks! I've learned that the Mediafire works like my Dropbox, which I like a lot. My dropbox however is overflowing with my personal stuff. =) I'll have to check out Mega and 4shared sometime!

• Options
    How does it look? =D

Since you are using tumblr, and you are new to it, can i give you some help?

The blog looks nice, but i may suggest you to change the background colour to white, it will look better.

Also, start tagging your posts, that way more people will find what you post and your context. You can use those tags: 'sims4' 'ts4' 's4cc' 'ts4cc' thesims4' 'sims 4' 'the sims 4' 'custom content ts4' ,etc...

• Options
    edited August 2014
    How does it look? =D

Since you are using tumblr, and you are new to it, can i give you some help?

The blog looks nice, but i may suggest you to change the background colour to white, it will look better.

Also, start tagging your posts, that way more people will find what you post and your context. You can use those tags: 'sims4' 'ts4' 's4cc' 'ts4cc' thesims4' 'sims 4' 'the sims 4' 'custom content ts4' ,etc...
    I appreciate the advice! I'm not much of a fan of white personally. It hurts my eyes.

I didn't know I could tag things! Lol. I'm so newb right now it's not even funny. I shoulda expected as much though considering how much is hashtagged nowadays. Thank you very much.
  • Options
    @KitOnlyHuman You're welcome. And yes, you should do that, because a lot of people use tumblr to find cc, so there always people searching in the tags section. You share your cc in one post or do like you did in a new page in your blog. Most of the people put the download info in a post, so others can reblog that post. There are blog that only reblog cc (they are something like 'cc find blogs').

If you want to change the appearance you can, there are some free themes for tumblr. When you are in the 'edit theme' area, you can find more themes, click in the link that have an 'eye' to search. There you can select what time of theme you can, you click in the free theme and it will show up some themes that you can try it and see how it looks, you don't need to save the theme to see a preview.
  • Options
    @Laude
    So you think I should post the CC pics, then the downloads in the post, then a "Check out more" link to the page?
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    @KitOnlyHuman Yes, you can always have a page with all your downloads. You can put all the images and some info in the post and put a link to your download page. Or you can post all the info and images in the post included the download link. Now you have a option in your blog that link us to a page (YAFemale), but you can put that option link us to all your post that are about 'download cc', to do that in the edit section that you placed the link to the page you created, you paste the link of one of the tags. (example: now you have like this: 'http://kitonlyhuman-sims4cc.tumblr.com/YA_Female ' but you can put it like this ' http://kitonlyhuman-sims4cc.tumblr.com/tagged/s4cc ' - all the posts you tag as 's4cc' will show up in that link - only that posts, if you have other put that don't have that tag it will not show up in that link.

You can see my tumblr: http://laudestudio.tumblr.com/ (it have music, you can turn it off) - I have a menu section, if you click in the 'downloads' it will only show up my downloads.
  • Options
    @Laude
    Thank you again. Now my head hurts. Lol. I will be exploring more into it, no doubt. Gotta get a feel for the canvas before we can create art, and so on.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Sorry if your head hurts :| But keep exploring it.

See this link, to see what people are doing: https://www.tumblr.com/tagged/s4cc
  • Options
    simfeetundersimfeetunder Posts: 2,260 Member
    Sorry if your head hurts :| But keep exploring it.

See this link, to see what people are doing: https://www.tumblr.com/tagged/s4cc

Ooh, I hadn't seen that tag, I need to start using that one :) my sims tumblr is simfeetunder.tumblr
    I'm using dropbox for my cc. I've had... bad luck... with 🐸🐸🐸🐸. haha
    HSon1Mq.png
  • Options
    LionLion Posts: 42 Member
    Can you upload your CC on tumblr? Or it is only a website were you can show all your creations and then you need to fix a link to ex. Google Drive or Dropbox if someone wants to download it?
  • Options
    You can use Tumblr, but you still need a file sharing site for the link.
  • Options
    MomGinnyMomGinny Posts: 311 Member
    I'm using box, currently, but I imagine I'll probably add a backup mirror at mega in the future.
    My Sims || My CC Creations || My Simblr || OID: MomGinny
  • Options
    @Lion
    Like Lady Emillye said, you use Tumblr to show off your collections and share the download links, but the links need to be from an upload site.