Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• Options
    StSciurusStSciurus Posts: 1,580 Member
    Gorgeous, gorgeous house, @masajo ! Love your use of the Dine Out stuff, and your interior colors are wonderful. I especially like the warm browns. :smiley:
  • Options
    emere wrote: »
    As I'm not good with lot shells :D I will wait for the next challenge o:)

Sorry to hear that, @emere . :neutral: I always look forward to your entries! You know, trying this challenge would be a good way to get better at using shells. :wink:
  • Options
    bouquetcatcherbouquetcatcher Posts: 1,355 Member
    edited August 2016
    Three amazing houses you guys! Not sure I'll find time for this one, though I think shell challenges are fun. Hope to see more entries!
    16975504789_dfde933ce1_o.jpg
  • Options
    Simming_SpoonieSimming_Spoonie Posts: 1,923 Member
    Wowza's @masajo!! What an beautiful build, in total awe of your landscaping skills ;)
    Follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Instgram
  • Options
    popettypop2012popettypop2012 Posts: 1,318 Member
    Wow @masajo, I was going through your slideshow and it is really amazing. I'm extremely bad in decorating rooms and you are so creative. Your rooms are really beautiful. And so is the exterior and landscaping.
  • Options
    masajomasajo Posts: 6,011 Member
    Many thanks @StSciurus @bouquetcatcher @FaithofKaela @popettypop2012 very kind of you all :) I've also seen many of your slideshows @popettypop2012 and I must say your interior design and decorating skills are going from strength to strength, also many congrats on your Maxis fav yesterday, very well deserved :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    @masajo Thank you so much, it's very sweet of you to say that. But I still have a lot to learn.
  • Options
    emereemere Posts: 1,755 Member

Sooner or later I will try one @StSciurus :# Now time is an issue, I need several days to build something like this, I'm a slow builder :D
  • Options
    CHALLENGE #: 50 - Best Laid Plans (Part 3)
    FORUM ID:popettypop2012
    ORIGIN ID:popettypop2012
    LEVEL: Established
    LOT: The Johnson's Mansion
    LINK TO GALLERY: http://s373.photobucket.com/user/cillaben/slideshow/Best Laid plans
    LOT COST:10,000
    BUILD COST:322,791
    TOTAL COST: 323,791
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW:http://s373.photobucket.com/user/cillaben/slideshow/Best Laid plans
    ENTRY DETAILS: I renovated this house based on the shell on the Gallery and added a second floor. I have a different idea of 'Federal' style if I could design the house from scratch. Using a shell was very difficult and restrictive, especially in terms of roofing. Also, I'm a little confused with the style of the house. I don't want to make it too traditional or modern. So I hope what I came out with is allowed.
    The first floor has the main bedroom and guest room and the second floor has Kaiden's and the twins' rooms.
    PICTURES:
    08-16-16_73049nbspPM_zpskyfupwsn.png

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM : YES, please and thank you:)
  • Options
    Your house is wonderful, @popettypop2012 ! :smiley: I especially like the children's bedroom and the living room.
  • Options
    Simming_SpoonieSimming_Spoonie Posts: 1,923 Member
    Great entry @popettypop2012! Unfortunately, I'm not going to get mine up, life got in my way and I didn't manage to get to media ready in time. I will upload it to the gallery though ;)
    Follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Instgram
  • Options
    Great entry @popettypop2012! Unfortunately, I'm not going to get mine up, life got in my way and I didn't manage to get to media ready in time. I will upload it to the gallery though ;)

This is me being sad: :'( I still look forward to seeing it in the gallery. :smiley:
  • Options
    Thank you @StSciurus :)

@FaithofKaela Oh, I was really looking forward to your entry. I will definitely check it out in the Gallery.
  • Options
    gmcroziergmcrozier Posts: 1,078 Member
    edited August 2016
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM

CHALLENGE #: 50 - Best Laid Plans (Part 3)
    FORUM ID: gmcrozier
    ORIGIN ID: gmcrozier
    LEVEL: Expert
    LOT: Johnson Family Estate
    LOT COST: §10,000
    BUILD COST: §419,011
    TOTAL COST: §429,011
    LINK TO GALLERY: https://www.thesims.com/en_AU/gallery/4509AFEE64E011E6826A1EB0AA80AD86?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=gmcrozier&max=50&maxis=false

LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: http://s1365.photobucket.com/user/Glenn_Crozier/media/Johnson Family Estate/001_zps0ihyx7k0.png.html?sort=9&o=0

ENTRY DETAILS: This was challenging, going from a ranch to a federal. I was able to do this without changing INTERIOR walls, but I did move EXTERIOR walls to expand rooms and added a front hallway to get the symetrical shape that I needed for the federal style architecture. And while I was updating, I went ahead and gave them the sunken living room, that you know they wanted. The front of the home is very traditional, but on the rear I replaced the windows with large modern windows to take advantage of the view. The landscaping is formal and includes a vegetable garden and a small fruit tree orchard. You will also find a tennis court (strictly for looks) on the grounds. There is a lot more that I could write about this build, but I still have to finish taking and organizing photos.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, please.
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: None

003_zps9jzr7dul.png

005_zpsycf6l6jk.png
    Post edited by gmcrozier on
  • Options
    BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    Challenge #50 is now officially closed.

Good luck to all who entered.

GArBA5W.jpg
  • Options
    A reminder to use the entry form as is. If you are adding any pictures, please limit them to two per entry post and place them at the bottom of the entry form.

#51 - When Modern Was New

You surprise yourself when a big, audible sigh comes out! The plans for the townhouse development you’ve worked on for months have just been put back in the drawer, since the city council of Newcrest has delayed yet again consideration of multi-unit housing. Gradually you become aware of a sound in the reception area outside your studio, and you realize that someone is knocking on the outside door.

“Why won’t Rose answer?” you think to yourself, and then you suddenly remember that Rose has gone to Machu Picchu with Douglas Curtis III, and that your 10:30 appointment is here! As you rush to the door you mutter, “Why don’t the two of them just get married and have done with it!?”

You offer profuse apologies to the man standing at the door with a little girl. The man is Thierry Leclercq, and the little girl? As you usher them into the consultation room, you say to her, “And who might you be, little lady?”

“Oh, pardon!” M. Leclercq blurts out. “This is my daughter, Fleur.” You are relieved that you didn’t ask him to introduce his granddaughter, although with his greying temples, he looks like he might be old enough to be her grandfather. He is distinguished looking and “of a certain age”, as the French say.

“I am so sorry that my wife, Clotilde, could not be with us. She is a surgeon at Newcrest General Hospital and is always so busy! She usually leaves domestic matters to me. And Fleur has the day off from school, and so…”

“That is quite all right,” you reassure him with a smile. “Delighted to have you both! Now how can I help you?”

You learn that the family is currently living in a rental house and looking to build their first house together. M. Leclercq is a science writer and works from home.

“I have just gotten an advance on my next book, Butterflies Are Free: Lepidoptera of Newcrest and Environs,” he tells you, “and together with our savings, we have §105,000 to spend on a new house. We have already spent §2,500 to retain an option on the Sandy Run property in Newcrest. Are you familiar with it?”

“Yes, definitely,” you assure him as you think of the property around the corner from there that will not be getting the new townhouse development—at least any time soon. “What style of house would you like then, M. Leclercq?”

“Ah, yes! I have it written down right here from Clotilde. She would like—I mean to say, we would like—a three bedroom house with two bathrooms—maybe an additional half bathroom if there is money? The style she said is called ‘midcentury modern’. Yes?”

“I am very familiar with the style. An excellent choice!” Why do you suddenly feel like a waiter at a chain restaurant? “Do you have any ideas for the interior design? Color choices? Textures?”

He looks lost. “She didn’t really say.”

“Well, what sort of colors does your wife like?” you ask gently.
    He still looks lost. “Uh… she looks very pretty in her yellow party dress,” he offers.

“Okay, that’s a start,” you continue to reassure him. “What do you like?”

“I? Well… I like wood paneling,” he finally says, “and I’ve always wanted a leather sofa.”

“Wood and leather, then? That’s certainly in keeping with midcentury modern design. And you, Mlle. Leclercq, what colors do you like?” you turn your attention to the little girl who has been quiet till now but completely focused on the adult conversation.

Without hesitation she responds, “I’m not like my friend Ashlee Appleby at all! She likes pink and purple—girly colors. I like green!” You get out your book of color swatches to show to Fleur and she picks the brightest lime green one.

“My Fleur is quite the social butterfly,” M. Leclercq says looking adoringly at his daughter. “She is the ‘queen bee’ of her play group! She wants to be an astronaut some day—maybe one of the first humans on Mars! At least for now, she does…”

“Oh, papa!” Fleur interjects with an eye roll.

You can’t help but smile at the interaction between father and daughter. You conclude your consultation with the duo, and later in the day, M. Leclercq telephones you.

“Clotilde wanted me to tell you that light woods and natural materials like light-colored stone would be desirable for the interior. Pops of bright colors, not just yellow, are fine too. And to make sure that Fleur’s room harmonizes with the rest of the house! Oh, and I completely forgot to tell you, my wife loves fresh flowers. Flowers throughout the house are a must. And if we could work in a flower garden for her and maybe a small vegetable garden for me, we would be most grateful.”

“I certainly have my work cut out for me!” you think.

Requirements:
    • 3 bedrooms
    • 2 - 2.5 bathrooms
    • study for M. Leclercq to write in
    • an area, inside or out, for Fleur to host her play group in
    • flower and vegetable gardens
    • usual dining and living areas
    • architectural style: midcentury modern
    • decor using natural materials like light-colored wood and stone; leather sofa for M. Leclercq; pops of bright colors, especially in Fleur’s bedroom; flowers throughout the house
    • lot: 40 x 20 Sandy Run lot in Newcrest

Budget:

total of §105,000: §2,500 for the lot, §102,500 for the build cost

Sim Challenge:

Create the Leclercq family and show them enjoying their new home. Thierry’s aspiration is Bestselling Author. Clotilde’s aspiration is Successful Lineage. Fleur’s aspiration is Social. Everything else is up to you!

Room Challenge:
    Create Fleur’s bedroom. Budget: §15,000.

OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM (please copy and paste into your entry post)

CHALLENGE #: 51 - When Modern Was New
    FORUM ID:
    ORIGIN ID:
    LEVEL: (Whichever entry level you feel fits your current build level i.e. Starting Out, Established or Expert)
    LOT: (Name where the build can be found with on The Gallery)
    LOT COST: §2,500
    BUILD COST:
    TOTAL COST: (Lot cost and build cost added together)
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: (REQUIRED - the slideshow is what your judges will primarily go by)
    ENTRY DETAILS: (Be sure to tell us about your entry)

SIM: Link to Gallery Upload
    SIM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: (REQUIRED if entering - the slideshow is what your judges will primarily go by or N/A if not entering) link to media
    ENTRY DETAILS:

ROOM: (Name where the Room can be found on The Gallery or N/A if not entering) Link to Room on Gallery
    ROOM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: (REQUIRED if entering - the slideshow is what your judges will primarily go by or N/A if not entering) link to media
    ENTRY DETAILS:

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: (Please state here as to whether or not you would like to receive constructive criticism for your entry
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: (Please give links to any CC, mods, and/or recolours you used in your entry)

SPACE FOR PICTURES: (Only a maximum of two per entry, please)

Please note the changes to the entry form, the judges are having some difficulties in working out if people are entering the Room/Sim challenges, therefore we are making it compulsory for the Sim and/or Room challenges to have their own media showcases.

Hashtag used for this challenge is #BnS51

The deadline for this challenge is 31st August 2016
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • Options
    bouquetcatcherbouquetcatcher Posts: 1,355 Member
    This sounds super fun! I hope I can try it!
    16975504789_dfde933ce1_o.jpg
  • Options
    kerplukeekerplukee Posts: 180 Member
    Furnishing the house right now! I hope it will be good!
  • Options
    We are looking forward to your entry, @kerplukee ! :smiley:
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • Options
    ATTENTION ESTABLISHED ENTRANTS FOR CHALLENGE #50 - BEST LAID PLANS (PART 3)

Your results are now available here.

GArBA5W.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    ATTENTION EXPERT ENTRANTS FOR CHALLENGE #49 - SUMMER DESIGNER OLYMPICS

GArBA5W.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    ATTENTION EXPERT ENTRANTS FOR CHALLENGE #50 - BEST LAID PLANS (PART 3)

GArBA5W.jpg
  • Options
    @BuildnShare i have a doubt because i'm new to this challenge: do I have to build the house, the family and the room or just one of these?
  • Options
    kerplukee wrote: »
    @BuildnShare i have a doubt because i'm new to this challenge: do I have to build the house, the family and the room or just one of these?

The main challenge, @kerplukee , is to build the house. Optional challenges are to create the family and/or the child's bedroom. Each one is a separate challenge, so if you don't feel like you have enough time to create the whole house, but want to do the room instead, we have provided a separate budget just for the room. If you like creating Sims, you can create the family, but you don't have to. Most entrants just create the house and sometimes the Sims that go along with it. Hope this helps and isn't too confusing! :smiley:
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • Options
    @BuildnShare and I am "squalified" if I use more than 2500 for the lot and less than 102,000 for the build? I mean, it's not a big difference, my building is 97,000 :) sorry if i'm bothering you with all these questions!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top