Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• Options
    popettypop2012popettypop2012 Posts: 1,318 Member
    @StSciurus What a beautiful wedding venue! A great job, as usual. I must be out of my mind trying to compete with you in the Expert category.
  • Options
    StSciurusStSciurus Posts: 1,580 Member
    I must be out of my mind trying to compete with you in the Expert category.

You deserve to be in the expert category, @popettypop2012 ! Your entry is every bit as good as mine (if not better!) :smiley: Good luck in the challenge!
  • Options
    WildlingWildling Posts: 92 Member
    @Wildling - your build is certainly not tacky, I think it's gorgeous!!

Thank you! <33
    Maybe tacky is not the right word for it... but it's very white and big and I have a feeling Elton John could like it
  • Options
    Thank you, @StSciurus , very kind of you to say that.
  • Options
    oXseashellXooXseashellXo Posts: 678 Member
    Ok..... I changed my entry level too..... Nervous about joining @popettypop2012 and @StSciurus

It might just be me, but when I try to look at your photos @Wildling it tells me your album is private
  • Options
    bouquetcatcherbouquetcatcher Posts: 1,355 Member
    @popettypop2012 I agree w/ @StSciurus! You deserve to be in Expert. Your work is wonderful and just keeps getting better.

@StSciurus well since I didn't get around to building something for this one (was a rough week), I'll just download yours! It's pretty much what was in my head!!!
    16975504789_dfde933ce1_o.jpg
  • Options
    @oXseashellXo Don't be nervous, I'm sure it will be fine. Although I am nervous as well :)

Oh, and @Wildling I also experienced the same thing, your album is marked as private.
  • Options
    WildlingWildling Posts: 92 Member
    Thank you, @popettypop2012 and @oXseashellXo :)
    I think it's fixed now, I'm very new to this. If you still have any problems please give me a heads up!
  • Options
    StSciurusStSciurus Posts: 1,580 Member
    So nice of you to say so, @bouquetcatcher ! :smiley:
  • Options
    BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    ATTENTION ALL - CHALLENGE #54 - AN AUTUMN WEDDING IS NOW CLOSED

Some absolutely fantastic entries this round, us judges have really got our work cut out for us!!
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    #55 - For Your Amusement

You are up to your elbows in blueprints at your drafting table when Rose bursts into your office, slamming the door and throwing her body against it. She’s breathing hard. Her eyes are wide and panicked. Such a contrast top how she looked when she stepped into the office this morning, her first day back after her honeymoon.

“Rose! What happened? What’s the matter?”

“I...I…there’s someone...outside...just standing there…” The hairs plum on the back of your neck.

“Okay, Rose,” you say, grasping her arms to help her focus. “What else did you see?” Rose hesitates and then her words come out in a whisper.

“I think it’s a CLOWN.” You relax slightly, because as long as you have known Rose, she has been a caulrophobic.

“All right, Rose. Why don’t you stay here while I go take care of this.” She nods and shudders, but moves away from the door. “Just shut the door behind me. It’s going to be fine.” You give her arm one last reassuring squeeze and then head into the reception area where you stop cold.

He’s there on the front walk, eerily illuminated by a single streetlamp. His skin is chalky white, unnatural, and his face bears the unmistakeable makeup of a clown. He is standing completely still, just staring at you through the glass front door. A chill runs up your spine. You give yourself a mental shake, square your shoulders, and then open the door.

“Can I help you, sir?” you ask, hoping he can’t hear the quaver in your voice. No response. “Sir. Do you need something?” Then slowly he comes toward you. As he approaches you see his face more clearly. His makeup is sloppy, with black streaks of mascara running down his cheeks to a red gash of a mouth. When he smiles at you, it is gruesome and you cannot help but shudder slightly.

“Is this you?” He rasps, handing you a business card you hadn’t realized he was holding. You take the card, noting his dirty, too-long fingernails. You glance down to see the firm’s business card with your name embossed on it.

“It is. Who are you?”

“I am called Jangles.”

“All right, Mr. Jangles. What can I do for you?”

“It’s just Jangles. Perhaps I could come inside so we could discuss it.”
    “Mr...ah...Jangles, we are just closing up for the night. Why don’t you tell me briefly what it is you need, and then we can set up an appointment time for you.” During daylight hours, you think to yourself.

“I would like for you to build me a funhouse.”

“A funhouse? That’s an unusual request.”

“I find the activities at the Fall Festival to be lacking and pedestrian. As a clown and magician by trade, I would like to offer the townspeople an alternative for fright and delight all year round.”

“That sounds intriguing, Jangles. I’d be happy to help you. Why don’t you take this card and call me in the morning so we can schedule an appropriate time to go over the details.”

“I look forward to it. Good night.” With that, Jangles skulks away into the shadows and you lock the door behind him with a satisfying click.

The Brief:

**Build a funhouse with games, twists and turns, and spooky surprises
    **Community lot in the town of your choice, no larger than 40x40
    **Unlimited budget
    **Include bathrooms and some way for the public to eat (grill, buffet table, etc.)
    **Create a space for Jangles to perform magic tricks

Sim Challenge:
    Create Jangles with the traits of your choice. Show him and the public using the new space.

Room Challenge
    There is no room challenge this time around.

Hashtag used for this challenge is #BnS55

The deadline for this challenge is 26th October 2016
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • Options
    ATTENTION ESTABLISHED ENTRANTS FOR CHALLENGE #54 AUTUMN WEDDING
    Your results are now available here.

GArBA5W.jpg
  • Options
    Simming_SpoonieSimming_Spoonie Posts: 1,923 Member
    How's everyone getting on with the new challenge? I'm struggling with my entry :(
    Follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Instgram
  • Options
    @FaithofKaela Me too, I tried Googling but still came up with nothing.
  • Options
    folalafolala Posts: 307 Member
    Yeah I'm struggling too @FaithofKaela . My build is not looking how I want it to. It's hard to come up with something original and Halloweeny!
  • Options
    @buildnShare Is the funhouse meant to be a Park or something like Lounge/Bar/Nightclub? And can it be for children? When I search for funhouses on the gallery, they are usually houses with children activities?

Sorry, I'm just a little stuck because I'm not sure what I'm supposed to build.
  • Options
    @popettypop2012 - I took the brief to mean something like an amusement park. But you can build anything you feel meets your interpretation of the brief, that's the fun with BNS!!

@folala - I know this isn't helpful, but I'm glad I'm not the only one ;)
  • Options
    I am really struggling to build this one. So far I ended up making an amusement park with a clown theme that is mainly for kids but it isn't scary or creepy at all. I wonder if that's okay?
  • Options
    folalafolala Posts: 307 Member
    I'm not 100% sure of the brief @popettypop2012 but it says its for all year round so I guess it should be fine. Well I hope so! - I went for a fairy tale themed park (kind of).
  • Options
    @folala Thanks:) I can't wait to see your build
  • Options
    ATTENTION EXPERT ENTRANTS FOR CHALLENGE #54 - AN AUTUMN WEDDING
    Your results are now available here.
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • Options
    Can't wait to see your builds @popettypop2012 and @folala - time ran away with me this last week, so there's no way I'll get mine done in time...
  • Options
    SyddyB206SyddyB206 Posts: 353 Member
    edited November 2016
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM (please copy and paste into your entry post)

CHALLENGE #: 55 - For Your Entertainment
    FORUM ID: SyddyB206
    ORIGIN ID: SyddyB206
    LEVEL: Established
    LOT: Funhouse of Frights!
    LOT COST: 2,000
    BUILD COST: 38,938
    TOTAL COST: 40,938
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: imgur.com/a/nHV5t
    ENTRY DETAILS: A beautiful park with a nice funhouse and stage

SIM: N/A
    SIM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: N/A
    ENTRY DETAILS: N/A

ROOM: N/A
    ROOM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: N/A

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Please!
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: N/A
    SPACE FOR PICTURES: N/A
    Post edited by SyddyB206 on
    0TSlsxY.jpg
  • Options
    oXseashellXooXseashellXo Posts: 678 Member
    I won't be participating this time, but I'm excited to see how everyone interprets this challenge!
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM (please copy and paste into your entry post)

CHALLENGE #: 55 - For Your Entertainment
    FORUM ID: popettypop2012
    ORIGIN ID: popettypop2012
    LEVEL: Expert
    LOT: Jangles Funhouse and cafe
    GALLERY LINK: https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/96267A2499B011E6858307521961E24C?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=popettypop2012&max=50&maxis=false
    LOT COST: 20,000
    BUILD COST: 91,725
    TOTAL COST: 101,725
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Under construction, Photobucket won't let me put descriptions on my pictures. I've tried for two days..
    http://s373.photobucket.com/user/cillaben/slideshow/Jangles Funhouse

ENTRY DETAILS: I chose to make a cafe with a big stage for Jangles to perform and lots of park activities outside.

SIM: N/A
    SIM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: N/A

ROOM: N/A
    ROOM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: N/A

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please, thank you.
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: N/A
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    10-24-16_51157nbspPM_zpsys1rumye.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top