Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is it just me or when you make a character...

The push and pull of the bits you want to change is like a fighting your mouse to get it where you want it as in, im-fighting-my-mouse-and pushing-against-some-odd-force just to push/pull/slide the courser around to get the shape, eye position i want?

Edit: What i mean is, it's not as fluid as i thought it would be. It's rather difficult i feel like im forcing my mouse trying to get things to move and reshape. Anyone else or is this a bug?

Comments

• Options
    lennyvocaloidlennyvocaloid Posts: 161 Member
    I know how you feel. I'm using it on my laptop and using the push and pull method over and over is cramping up my fingers.
    15f317bf-858c-4dcf-80e9-e1281c43ab75.png?t=1408375700
    Hey, look it's EA.
  • Options
    pandabearroxpandabearrox Posts: 2,295 Member
    I had trouble at first, but it's really fluid now.
  • Options
    meggiewesmeggiewes Posts: 1,066 Member
    I had that happen when I wasn't using a proper mouse pad. I used a mouse pad and it was so much smoother.

Might be a coincidence, but it also might be worth a try.
  • Options
    MsPrissy88MsPrissy88 Posts: 3,122 Member
    The push and pull of the bits you want to change is like a fighting your mouse to get it where you want it as in, I'm-fighting-my-mouse-and pushing-against-some-odd-force just to push/pull/slide the courser around to get the shape, eye position I want?

Edit: What I mean is, it's not as fluid as I thought it would be. It's rather difficult I feel like I'm forcing my mouse trying to get things to move and reshape. Anyone else or is this a bug?

Yes. I even changed from a wireless mouse to one I plug into my computer. And I still had that problem. I think it's just getting the pointer EXACTLY on what you want to push/pull and then slowly moving it. MAYBE it will be a little easier once the game is officially released but, yeah... I had noticed it too. I really don't think it's a bug.

Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
  • Options
    MapiyaSims wrote: »
    I had the same problem! I never could adjust the lips quite like I wanted to.

Yeah - I can't adjust the lips no matter what I try.

Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
  • Options
    ironknight35ironknight35 Posts: 3,751 Member
    The push and pull is very smooth for me.
    He/Him
  • Options
    KHS12KHS12 Posts: 3,023 Member
    Same! My laptop pad is just not doin it for me.. Especially with facial push-pull.
  • Options
    LittleMinxUndrLittleMinxUndr Posts: 4,196 Member
    That push and pull stuff is very clunky for me and I find it very hard to get the faces that I want. Now I just randomize until I get something I can call 'close enough'. All I need to do then is change things like hair do and make up. For the body it works well enough, but I wish that for the face, I still had the sliders.

The thing I really hate is that CAS won't stay in the various levels of view that you have. It constantly reverts. On the whole, while I love the results I get eventually, the process of creating Sims is just downright plain annoying.
  • Options
    MsPrissy88 wrote: »

I got them to move a little, but nothing like I needed. I was trying to make the upper lip on a specific Sim thinner and curved, but I couldn't get the curve to work no matter what I tried.

I couldn't even get the curve! I guess I'll just have to go back in and try making a few more sims.

Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
  • Options
    keyb0xkeyb0x Posts: 1,641 Member
    I know exactly what you mean. I've spent a good few hours in CAS now though and it doesn't feel so bad now. Think there's just a learning curve to get over; knowing whether you need to go into the fine detail mode to edit something in particular or not or what angle you need to be working from etc.

The actual motion of sliding something definitely did feel very "heavy" when I first got my hands on it though.
  • Options
    CoriChanCoriChan Posts: 197 Member
    It does take a lot of getting used to, plus some of the parts that you can move have a very small area of change. When I first made a sim it felt like I was moving my mouse to the left way more than necessary to move the part of the body that I was on, but then I also realized that the particular part I was trying to move had already reached the max (red grid lines) that I could move it. Also, if you are moving the face around, you have to remember that not everything can be changed fully in detail or regular mode, you have to keep going back and forth between the two modes to change everything like rotation, size, curve, width..ect.
  • Options
    SprinklesBonBonSprinklesBonBon Posts: 2,727 Member
    I'm still trying to adjust to it, but it's coming a long slowly
    Still waiting for Toddlers...
  • Options
    XielasXielas Posts: 39 Member
    For the curve of the lip you sort of have to grab above the lip out of detail view. It's sort of fiddly in that it took me a few days to figure out where the sweet spot for it was.
  • Options
    pandabearroxpandabearrox Posts: 2,295 Member
    Try making an extremely ugly sim. It helps to get used to the new system. You can upload them as an ugly to beauty challenge.
  • Options
    keyb0xkeyb0x Posts: 1,641 Member
    Yeah, and I think in fine detail mode you have to grab the top lip and move from left to right to change the curvature of the lip and give a more pronounced/subtle cupids bow.
  • Options
    LeslieM25LeslieM25 Posts: 2,766 Member
    MsPrissy88 wrote: »

The lips have been terrible to adjust. They definitely need to do some major work on those controls
    Come check out my poses and more on my Simblr!
    http://lesliem25.tumblr.com/
    GqsONVc.gif
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    I think laptop touchpads do have a problem. It was reported the first week. But there is a big limit on how much you can move if you don't pick the right preset eye shape, face shape, mouth shape, chin, jaw, nose etc. You just have to keep using it, and then figure out things get easier (sometimes) when you actually pick the closet shape of what you want to start with, then you can make it work a little more to get the Sim you want. A lot of things can't be moved or are very limited unless you are in the close up or vice versa.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    r0b0tman5r0b0tman5 Posts: 109 Member
    I had trouble at first, but it's really fluid now.

I agree.
    Been playing The Sims since The Sims 1! B)
  • Options
    Srikandi715Srikandi715 Posts: 1,753 Member
    I think a lot of people miss the fact that you get completely different adjustments at different zoom levels. For instance, with the head, at the farthest out zoom, you can make the whole head bigger or smaller, wider or taller. At the middle zoom, you can adjust features (mouth, nose, eyes) as wholes on the face. And at the "detail level" zoom, you can tweak the sub-parts of the features, like the iris and eyelids of the eyes.

There are also some adjustments you have to rotate your sim sideways to make, like breast and butt protrusion.

To me, the key to getting sims looking like I wanted was figuring out the different functions of the different zoom levels.
  • Options
    pguidapguida Posts: 7,481 Member
    The push and pull of the bits you want to change is like a fighting your mouse to get it where you want it as in, im-fighting-my-mouse-and pushing-against-some-odd-force just to push/pull/slide the courser around to get the shape, eye position i want?

Edit: What i mean is, it's not as fluid as i thought it would be. It's rather difficult i feel like im forcing my mouse trying to get things to move and reshape. Anyone else or is this a bug?

CAS looked amazing, but's frustating.

• Options
    PhantomflexPhantomflex Posts: 3,607 Member
    The push and pull does take some time to get used to, but so far I think I'm getting the hang of it. The one thing I hate the most about the new CAS is the slider limits. I'm really hoping that the slider limits are more relaxed in the full version, of the game. For me, it would allow much more varied sims.

Ex: This guy: I was trying to make this guy's stomach just a little bit smaller but the game kept bugging me with the pulsing red.
    ou75v6.png
  • Options
    ruthless_kkruthless_kk Posts: 3,987 Member
    I think it takes some getting used to....there is a bit of a learning curve to the tools. It is to be expected with something new. I expect it will be much easier the more we do it.
  • Options
    white_lily_1988white_lily_1988 Posts: 1,664 Member
    it's smooth in my demo
  • Options
    almondalmond Posts: 153 Member
    I like the character creation, I think it's fun. However, I do wish there were actual sliders included and more options for things, more personalization. And definitely hues for colors. Don't get why we only have a palette to choose from..
  • Options
    Snosrap522Snosrap522 Posts: 754 Member
    I over over did the movements to start with then started to refine them. You do have limits but they are different for each pre set I used circular motions and this helped . The more you use it the easier it gets.