Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are male afros too "tough" for the Sims team?

It seems like the sims team has lost the ability to make a male afro. In Sims 1 and 2 there was a male afro but then in Sims 3 the closest thing there was to an afro was this: 7612193954_7fd9e1fac5.jpg, which has a stupid hat on top, and this: MTS_Nathia-1310553-GenderSwap.jpg; both of which you have to buy.

I know it's not the 70s but when you pride yourselves by saying you can create anyone, tell me how can I create my self 8xq3ooe.jpg if I can't use the one thing that represents the biggest part of myself?

Also, notice how I say male. In the Sims 4 CAS Demo there is an afro; it's just for females. Why? Do you really see more females than males walking around with afros?

Just my biggest gripe about what I've seen about the CAS thus far. Other than that I hate how much I enjoy it.

/rant
MNRSm.jpg

Comments

• Options
    JellyEyesJellyEyes Posts: 354 Member
    Yeah, I don't get it. A lot of people, men and women are wearing various kinds of afros. I'd love to see a good one in the game. It couldn't be that hard.
  • Options
    LaDawn35LaDawn35 Posts: 248 Member
    There is a female one I don't know why there is not one for males, I would so love that :)
    eb27a170-96c2-4192-aa8f-f4a4cd1a000a.png Origin Id: QuanishaJenkins / Twitter: https://twitter.com/QuanishaJenkins

• Options
    uo_2272uo_2272 Posts: 24 Member
    4 Incarnations of the Sims now and still no quality Afro or many other ethnic hair from EA. Annoyed for years.
  • Options
    WallinWallin Posts: 2,243 Member
    edited August 2014
    Yeah, I don't think I'll be using the ones currently in the game. I'm trying to use every hairstyle on as many Sims as I can make, but I feel they look too ridiculous for me to figure out how to use them well. There's a lot of restrictions between what's available for males and females that I just don't understand.
  • Options
    GojoebotGojoebot Posts: 59 Member
    I like the baked potato meme people posted about the fros.
  • Options
    LeslieM25LeslieM25 Posts: 2,766 Member
    They have said that not all content is in the demo. We can only hope they will have those. I would like to see not only afros but just more texture in general. So far we don't have any curly hair yet which is a bummer. I had hoped they would step up their game with that. They have to know that they have players of all different backgrounds with all different hair. I would think they would want to represent everyone!
    Come check out my poses and more on my Simblr!
    http://lesliem25.tumblr.com/
    GqsONVc.gif
  • Options
    CalebFillionCalebFillion Posts: 293 Member
    I found one and of course the creator left tumblr and took it off. Why they gotta be like that?
  • Options
    InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    edited January 2019
    There's still progress to be had but I stopped hating and learned to love the clay hair once I realized that it gave the devs an easier time with making afro-textured and curly hair within poly limits (whether you think those are ridiculous or not), and is an easier medium for CC creators to work with too. Earlier games didn't have nearly the official support or creators picking up the slack.

But yeah most of it still isn't for dudes. :confused:
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr