Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Accurate list of new and not returning features in Sims 4

12346...Next

Comments

• Options
    ebuchalaebuchala Posts: 4,945 Member
    What really gets me about some of the things people are complaining about the game NOT having are the ones they complained about Sims 3 having. Like Rabbit holes, the entire time of TS3 people complained about how they didn't like the rabbit holes, take them away! so they did and then everyone gets mad! like really? I just don't understand it sometimes.
    Well, to be fair, people were complaining that there was a perfectly good building there that they'd like to see inside of and actively play their sim in. So, they weren't really complaining that they didn't want the rabbit holes, just that they wanted to have open commercial lots.

I do think, however, that the goal is to meet that request over time. Maybe not with work and school but at least with other commercial spots like restaurants, etc.
    Origin ID: ebuchala
    I'm not a psychopath. I'm a high-functioning psychopath. Reaper
  • Options
    DillynJamesDillynJames Posts: 551 Member
    edited August 2014
    As has been explained at least ONE HUNDRED TIMES before, the list has been compiled by countless numbers of people telling bflury what is out of the game. People wanted the things that they would miss in the game to be added. Who is bflury to say that someone's suggestion is less important than another?

That's not a very good explanation at all. It doesn't explain why the list was constantly padded and purposefully made to look longer. In fact, that major point he sold to get people to click on his post was the amount of things he said was missing (i.e. 39 things missing, 56 things missing, 89 THINGS MISSING OMG GUYS). He could have added what people said and still organize it by categories instead of adding every little detail as one thing missing.
    modthesims.info/member.php?u=8889989 320k downloads on ModTheSims; CarlDillynson
  • Options
    ArixtotleArixtotle Posts: 63 Member
    This post is SO MUCH better than the other one that is circulating by bflury. I do appreciate his list and taking the time to go and see which features are removed, but it soon became very apparent that he started adding every little thing he could and started padding the list to make it seem longer and longer, and like more things are missing. I said in a post on that forum that multiple things in his list could be part of the same category, but I didn't get a response from him. It is very obvious that that list is just trying to make it seem like things are worse than they actually probably are.

As has been explained at least ONE HUNDRED TIMES before, the list has been compiled by countless numbers of people telling bflury what is out of the game. People wanted the things that they would miss in the game to be added. Who is bflury to say that someone's suggestion is less important than another?

How about needing accurate sources to be added to the list?
  • Options
    madisonswaggermadisonswagger Posts: 3 New Member
    > @ebuchala said:
    > Tinkerbelch26 wrote: »
    >
    > What really gets me about some of the things people are complaining about the game NOT having are the ones they complained about Sims 3 having. Like Rabbit holes, the entire time of TS3 people complained about how they didn't like the rabbit holes, take them away! so they did and then everyone gets mad! like really? I just don't understand it sometimes.
    >
    >
    >
    > Well, to be fair, people were complaining that there was a perfectly good building there that they'd like to see inside of and actively play their sim in. So, they weren't really complaining that they didn't want the rabbit holes, just that they wanted to have open commercial lots.
    >
    > I do think, however, that the goal is to meet that request over time. Maybe not with work and school but at least with other commercial spots like restaurants, etc.

That means that people were complaining about rabbit holes. Rabbit holes are buildings where you cannot see the inside. Since people wanted to see the inside, they disliked rabbit holes.
  • Options
    ebuchalaebuchala Posts: 4,945 Member
    > @ebuchala said:<br />
    > Tinkerbelch26 wrote: »<br />
    > <br />
    > What really gets me about some of the things people are complaining about the game NOT having are the ones they complained about Sims 3 having. Like Rabbit holes, the entire time of TS3 people complained about how they didn't like the rabbit holes, take them away! so they did and then everyone gets mad! like really? I just don't understand it sometimes.<br />
    > <br />
    > <br />
    > <br />
    > Well, to be fair, people were complaining that there was a perfectly good building there that they'd like to see inside of and actively play their sim in. So, they weren't really complaining that they didn't want the rabbit holes, just that they wanted to have open commercial lots.<br />
    > <br />
    > I do think, however, that the goal is to meet that request over time. Maybe not with work and school but at least with other commercial spots like restaurants, etc.<br />
    <br />
    That means that people were complaining about rabbit holes. Rabbit holes are buildings where you cannot see the inside. Since people wanted to see the inside, they disliked rabbit holes.

Correct, but Tinkerbelch and others seem to imply that when someone complains they don't want rabbit holes that they just want them gone. I don't believe that's what people meant when they were saying get rid of rabbit holes. They were saying, let us see the inside of the school and the inside of my sim's work location so I can watch them at work at school. Not, get rid of the school and career buildings and just have us teleport off the lot to those locations.
    Origin ID: ebuchala
    I'm not a psychopath. I'm a high-functioning psychopath. Reaper
  • Options
    SusiechanSusiechan Posts: 3,034 Member
    edited August 2014
    JoeWow1003 wrote: »
    kovu0207 wrote: »
    Don't we already have a thread like this?

This is an accurate list though.

I don't think bflury's list is less accurate than yours. If you do think so, why don't you just point it out to him ?
    SeanT346 wrote: »
    Re: Will Wright. A quick Google would show you that Will Wright is the creator of The Sims and Sim City. He was involved in the development of The Sims and Sims 2 and when he left Maxis, many fans feel it led to a decline in quality. He isn't a premade Sim.

Re: Open World. This is untrue. You know what people mean by open world. In The Sims 3, a whole world was open for your Sims to explore without interruption. In The Sims 4, the world is closed off by non-interactive environments and loading screens. The Sims 4 is a connected world but it's 'openness' is very limited.

Re: Features removed that don't do anything. To repeat, the mantra! IMPROVE, DON'T REMOVE! For many players, the little details are important. I enjoy selecting zodiac signs and would love the ability to customise my Sims' interests and hobbies.

This list is not more "accurate". There's some duplicate, false and rumoured info on the other thread but both are pretty biased.

That's true :).
  • Options
    JoeWow1003JoeWow1003 Posts: 4,121 Member
    Susiechan wrote: »
    I don't think bflury's list is less accurate than yours. If you do think so, why don't you just point it out to him ?

At the time I made this thread I had. Several times in fact.
  • Options
    XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    This is great. Like pros and cons list and some arguments/points you made was well done. The people that went to sims camp I think played the game for a certain amount of hours and I believed said wasn't the final product (I think they did that to get feedback, but not ruin some actual surprises before release).

Maybe they didn't see ghost because it will be like Sims 2. When my sims died, I didn't see their ghost right after, the ghost seemed to come out at a certain time. Also probably didn't have time for burglars or aliens to show up to know if they are in there are not. You don't see them all the time. We can't know until the full game is out for awhile and patched up as well. Can't always take people's words for it as some things can be missed.

Yes worlds and neighborhoods are small, but you can travel between the two without losing anything, so it we'll get more within time.

One cool new thing is that you can ask the pregnant sim what their due date is.
  • Options
    GabbyGirlJ wrote: »
    I don't know why people are so upset about CASt, open worlds, and story progression. Even with a higher-end or newer computer they made TS3 run pretty terrible. I avoid certain neighborhoods (even though I love the gameplay they add) just because the strain on my system is too much with all the routing issues, stuck sims, cars, etc. Even when those 'hoods aren't an issue, it's not very fun to spend 30min between launching the program and creating a new save file, only to have to wait another few minutes for textures to load any time you visit a new lot. TS2 plays like a dream and played like a dream (besides bugs) on what would have been an average-decent computer on launch.

My computer runs TS3 fine. The only world that I have major lag problems in is Isla Paradiso. I admit that stuck sims and cars are a pain, and I eventually had to turn to mods for that. But, honestly if a modder could make neighborhoods run easier, couldn't the devs?

Anyway, maybe open worlds and story progression came with their share of issues. But TS3's base game came out in 2009. I think a lot of simmers were anticipating that they'd try to optimize these features since they were working with new tech. I know that a lot of people say that they're willing to trade these things if the game runs smoother. But, we don't know how much smoother it runs yet. We don't know what it will be like after a few expansions. I don't think of myself as a pessimist, but I believe that the proof is in the pudding. TS4 could still be laggy. We don't know.

Well said Gabby.

My alienware runs TS3 fine as well. And yes, I do have lagging in Isla Paradiso after few weeks playing in that world, but that's because of the bad routing. Twallan's overwatch and some workarounds from nice simmers in the old forum helps a great deal on that.

It makes me wonder if this kind of issues can be fixed by modders and casual simmers, why not the developer who created this game ?
  • Options
    ebuchala wrote: »
    What really gets me about some of the things people are complaining about the game NOT having are the ones they complained about Sims 3 having. Like Rabbit holes, the entire time of TS3 people complained about how they didn't like the rabbit holes, take them away! so they did and then everyone gets mad! like really? I just don't understand it sometimes.

Well, to be fair, people were complaining that there was a perfectly good building there that they'd like to see inside of and actively play their sim in. So, they weren't really complaining that they didn't want the rabbit holes, just that they wanted to have open commercial lots.

I do think, however, that the goal is to meet that request over time. Maybe not with work and school but at least with other commercial spots like restaurants, etc.

Yes, that's correct.

By the way, I am one of the odds that like the rabbit holes :).
  • Options
    GrimTheXReaperGrimTheXReaper Posts: 1 New Member
    i'm sure they'll make add on's like they did with all the other sims but only thing that sucks is you have to pay for each DLC or do you get them for free idk ?