Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I actually like some of the pro and con arguments

They make it easy to pinpoint the people clearly overcompensating for their boring lives :lol:
900woh.png

Comments

• Options
    ebuchalaebuchala Posts: 4,945 Member
    edited August 2014
    Whoa! You don't have a fear of heights do you?
    Origin ID: ebuchala
    I'm not a psychopath. I'm a high-functioning psychopath. Reaper
  • Options
    NyosimNyosim Posts: 816 Member
    edited August 2014
    ebuchala wrote:

Nah, I'm actually on the fence with TS4, not trying to look down on people :) . Some of the people on both sides of the coin are being totally ridiculous, though -- it's their money, their business. Why should it affect you if someone does (not) buy the game?
    900woh.png
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Nyosim wrote:
    ebuchala wrote:

Nah, I'm actually on the fence with TS4, not trying to look down on people :) . Some of the people on both sides of the coin are being totally ridiculous, though -- it's their money, their business. Why should it affect you if someone does (not) buy the game?
    I do get what you're saying. I find it annoying, too, from both sides. It just came off as a bit up-on-a-pedestal sort of thing. I practice my patience on these forums a lot. :mrgreen: I also use them to avoid doing work I should be doing. :wink:
  • Options
    Halle_MHalle_M Posts: 6,539 Member
    edited August 2014
    Nyosim wrote:
    They make it easy to pinpoint the people clearly overcompensating for their boring lives :lol:

I work from home or the road on my computer. I tab over to the Sims 3 website when I get writer's block or I need a mental break from something immensely taxing, because I write for a living and that can get incredibly monotonous, lol.

I'm saying this only to point out that what might seem to you as misspent time in a person's "boring life" might have actually taken them five minutes to compose while on their lunch break. :?
  • Options
    NyosimNyosim Posts: 816 Member
    edited August 2014
    ebuchala wrote:
    Nyosim wrote:
    ebuchala wrote:

I do get what you're saying. I find it annoying, too, from both sides. It just came off as a bit up-on-a-pedestal sort of thing. I practice my patience on these forums a lot. :mrgreen: I also use them to avoid doing work I should be doing. :wink:

I've been trying to be nice and reasonable to other people's opinions, but it sucks when you want an actual discussion and 4-5 of the same pro and anti people come by and post stupid gifs and "witty" replies.

Oh, look at you, drinking people's tears and eating popcorn on the release day. I didn't know you needed the extra weight.
    Halle_M wrote:
    I work from home or the road on my computer. I tab over to the Sims 3 website when I get writer's block or I need a mental break from something immensely taxing, because I write for a living.

I'm saying this only to point out that what might seem to you as misspent time in a person's "boring life" might have actually taken them five minutes to compose while on their lunch break. :?

As a fellow writer I feel your pain with the writer's block. :cry:

Not gonna lie, I've just lost my patience with a lot of the people over here, kinda snapped and wrote the OP.

I actually think most people don't care if you buy the freaking game or not -- they care that you're being a jerk about it. (Not you specifically, Halle, that's just a general you.) I really meant the people that seem to be here 24/7 writing novella sized posts about how much they don't care about how people feel about the game -- if you truly didn't, why'd you post it? If you like TS4 play it. If you don't do whatever else. :roll:
    900woh.png
  • Options
    pguidapguida Posts: 7,481 Member
    edited August 2014
    Nyosim wrote:

Nyosim pin-pointed. Boring loser.
  • Options
    natashifiednatashified Posts: 3,314 Member
    edited August 2014
    The forums would be boring without the arguments! It makes for a fun read/write :mrgreen:

~Kaleb
  • Options
    exotickittenexotickitten Posts: 4,113 Member
    edited August 2014
    I don't mind the opinions and debates. I actually like coming here a few times a day to catch up on everyone else's thoughts. It's good to know how the other people playing the same game feel about things. :D It's not that I like drama, it's just that I like to know what's coming and what people think about it.
    & http://exotickittens.blogspot.com & https://twitter.com/simkitten
    -my nickname was taken on twitter :(
    dac6aa93-85be-457a-a356-02f0a5dd016f_zps42daf419.png
  • Options
    nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,140 Member
    edited August 2014
    I post here to complain because it's cathartic. Here I don't know anyone so it's easy to whinge and moan as much as I want without worrying about offending people. I reckon with the number of posts here, it's easy to be emotional *lol* and then forget about it afterwards since posts will be pushed down into oblivion in minutes provided you don't try to bring others into your complaints.

I don't care that people are going to buy the game nor am I trying to discourage them. Heck, I hadn't even planned on cancelling when I signed up here. In fact I was worried I'd be encouraged to since everywhere I looked for info there were people saying that people who preordered were idiots.

Anyway, I just cancelled my preorder this evening and want to shout it out all over this board because after today, I am relegated to being a person that plays the sims (TS2) and not a "fan".

(plus hanging out here allows me to procrastinate on my midterm due tomorrow *shhh...* :oops: )
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited August 2014
    It's like arguing with Sheldon who is the better captain of the StarTrek series/sequels. Captain Kirk or Piccard? :lol:

Sorry, OP, I couldn't resist a quip.

I think no one ever liked StarTrek Deep Space Nine. :P
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Cinebar wrote:
    It's like arguing with Sheldon who is the better captain of the StarTrek series/sequels. Captain Kirk or Piccard? :lol:

Sorry, OP, I couldn't resist a quip.

I think no one ever liked StarTrek Deep Space Nine. :P
    :lol: I really disliked DSN. My mom enjoyed it, though.