Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What I Learned Today - Graham in the Shower!! Tehe

That Graham totally gets it!

And I quote...
"I personally find myself enjoying the deep socialization between Sims and the enhanced sense of an intimate community of neighbors and friends. Those were aspects of The Sims 3 that never particularly resonated with me, so in a number of ways The Sims 4 evolved my Sims experience to offer something more than just a five year leap in technology."
http://bootstrap.modthesims.info/showthread.php?p=4474508#post4474508

YES! Intimate community of neighbors and friends! Exactly!Exactly!Exactly!

Thank you for helping to make a game I'm so excited to play in less than a month! Yay! :mrgreen:

AND... from THE Legacy player, I loved his article and especially the part about the different kind of showers. They are prime examples of gameplay strategy!

http://www.simslegacychallenge.com/sims-4-creators-camp-creating-a-legacy/

Example: my Sim takes a "Steamy" shower to get Flirty when I just can't get her in the mood. Or, oppositely, a "Cold" shower when I just want to turn off that Flirty feeling (roleplaying yay!)

Or a "Brisk" shower before work to feel Energized and increase career performance. Or, my favorite, a "Thoughtful" shower to get my Sim Inspired when I really, really want them to paint a masterwork! Thoughtful showers are very long.....!! And brisk very short - so there are definitely time management/trade-offs to consider, too! Love it!

The developers were really thoughtful including these shower types that make a real difference in our game! :D:D

P.S. Graham really isn't in a shower, yet...

Sept 2nd! lol :mrgreen::mrgreen:

Comments

• Options
    ShepherdmoonShepherdmoon Posts: 1,486 Member
    edited August 2014
    Ah, that sounds cool!
    tumblr_static_sh2.gif
  • Options
    bflurybflury Posts: 2,603 Member
    edited August 2014
    Example: my Sim takes a "Steamy" shower to get Flirty when I just can't get her in the mood. Or, oppositely, a "Cold" shower when I just want to turn off that Flirty feeling (roleplaying yay!)

Or a "Brisk" shower before work to feel Energized and increase career performance. Or, my favorite, a "Thoughtful" shower to get my Sim Inspired when I really, really want them to paint a masterwork! Thoughtful showers are very long.....!! And brisk very short - so there are definitely time management/trade-offs to consider, too! Love it!
    I am sorry, I hate to be a downer, but how are these different from moodlets?
    "In Short, The Sims 4's biggest problem is that The Sims 3 exists." - Kevin VanOrd, Gamespot. Scored 6.0 of 10.
  • Options
    Hegemon2222Hegemon2222 Posts: 300 New Member
    edited August 2014
    The Legacy article also really reminded me of people that like to try "homeless" Sim challenges. She said there are FREE chips to eat at bars, and while you are eating you can chat with everyone - multitasking seems so awesome and lifelike! So the free bar chips are a big deal because the whole money system in the Sims 4 is really challenging. It will be challenging for those of us that like to play without money cheats!! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    UtaDagdaUtaDagda Posts: 1,556 Member
    edited August 2014
    I love the amount of detail crammed in here and how real Sims feel now. :mrgreen: The more we learn the more I can't wait for Sept 2!

Many many steamy showers for my beloved luchadore in the future yassss
    Love The Sims? SIMMERSE YOURSELF. Join our community.
    I gave up singing. Sorry.
    Here have my luchADORE to cheer you up.
    luchad.pngluucha.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    bflury wrote:

Moodlets and Emotions are indeed labels. It's the animations and effects we see in the game that make the real difference. The different interaction options that open up under each Emotion... It's obviously deeper gameplay strategy. :mrgreen:

Sorry, couldn't help myself. But labels are labels. Play the game (down the road) and see for yourself. :D

• Options
    edited August 2014
    UtaDagda wrote:
    I love the amount of detail crammed in here and how real Sims feel now. :mrgreen: The more we learn the more I can't wait for Sept 2!

LOL, yes so lifelike! It will be hard to let them age and die, but I have to play the next generation...

I hope your Luchadore gets the next video!! Epic Wood was hilarious, but I think Pancake Bob was my favorite so far. And I have "AMBER, AMBER" stuck in my head. :mrgreen::mrgreen:
  • Options
    ebuchalaebuchala Posts: 4,945 Member
    edited August 2014
    bflury wrote:

Emotions in TS4 are actually different than moodlets. Try this article--it should help explain the difference: http://simatography.webs.com/apps/blog/show/42550172-cinematic-prospects-in-the-sims-4-emotions
    Origin ID: ebuchala
    I'm not a psychopath. I'm a high-functioning psychopath. Reaper
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    UtaDagda wrote:

LOL, yes so lifelike! It will be hard to let them age and die, but I have to play the next generation...

I hope your Luchadore gets the next video!! Epic Wood was hilarious, but I think Pancake Bob was my favorite so far. And I have "AMBER, AMBER" stuck in my head. :mrgreen::mrgreen:

Epic Wood ((Rot, that title just....*Snickers*)) was my favorite so far because we can actUALLY BUILD OUR OWN HOUSES. :shock: But I do like Pancakes and catchy songs. Heh

If my lovely Luchadore doesn't get his video soon I will cry. I want that more than I want CAS Demo. :P
    luchad.pngluucha.gif
  • Options
    AlnairanAlnairan Posts: 2,424 Member
    edited August 2014
    UtaDagda wrote:

I like Pancake Bob too, but I feel that this should be Amber's soundtrack: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zq7Eki5EZ8o
    I really like her best friend, though, he looks fun.
    6724061.png
    Origin ID: Gabby-Abeille
  • Options
    vogueliciousvoguelicious Posts: 61 Member
    edited August 2014
    Sounds great, I like the idea of the different showers, and the multitasking is going to be sooo fun/handy.

I can't wait :D
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    ebuchala wrote:
    bflury wrote:

Emotions in TS4 are actually different than moodlets. Try this article--it should help explain the difference: http://simatography.webs.com/apps/blog/show/42550172-cinematic-prospects-in-the-sims-4-emotions

I haven't read that article - thank you!

I especially like how it talks about musical instruments affecting a Sim's mood. I can't wait for a sappy romance with my Sim getting his true love to notice him by playing her something romantic on the piano!
  • Options
    xladyjxladyj Posts: 1,166 Member
    edited August 2014
    They made 40 different types of showers but couldn't include a pool? Sad. I never fired up a sims game and said "GOSH! I sure wish there were more ways to shower!"
  • Options
    joneswkjoneswk Posts: 270 Member
    edited August 2014
    The prospect of showering evilly putting my sim further into the mood for some sort of deviance does tickle my fancy.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Alnairan wrote:
    UtaDagda wrote:

I like Pancake Bob too, but I feel that this should be Amber's soundtrack: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zq7Eki5EZ8o
    I really like her best friend, though, he looks fun.

LOL Tacky never goes out of style! :mrgreen:

Has it been confirmed that the guy in the video is her best friend? I was wondering if it was a romance option!
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    xladyj wrote:
    They made 40 different types of showers but couldn't include a pool? Sad. I never fired up a sims game and said "GOSH! I sure wish there were more ways to shower!"

How about you take a long, "Thoughtful" shower and tell us again what you're thinking... :lol::lol:

Be inspired! Try the Sims 4! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Sounds great, I like the idea of the different showers, and the multitasking is going to be sooo fun/handy.

I can't wait :D

Agree - by the way I LOVE your Sims 4 avatar! She's cute with that high bun!!! 8)
  • Options
    AlnairanAlnairan Posts: 2,424 Member
    edited August 2014

Has it been confirmed that the guy in the video is her best friend? I was wondering if it was a romance option!

Well, he was presented as "the best friend". Taking by the "sleep over" scene, I would say that he is supposed to be "the gay best friend", but I think they would look pretty cute together and that was the first thing I thought, too. I wonder if there is a way to check the sim's gender preference. Anyway, if I get the game, I'll give her a new haircut, a new wardrobe and try to make them fall in love (unless Armand likes boys).
    6724061.png
    Origin ID: Gabby-Abeille
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Alnairan wrote:

Well, he was presented as "the best friend". Taking by the "sleep over" scene, I would say that he is supposed to be "the gay best friend", but I think they would look pretty cute together and that was the first thing I thought, too. I wonder if there is a way to check the sim's gender preference. Anyway, if I get the game, I'll give her a new haircut, a new wardrobe and try to make them fall in love (unless Armand likes boys).

Interesting! I was wondering about that - if we can "force" Sims to be one way or the other by flirting with the preferred gender and letting the player decide, or if they have some unchangeable preference, like a hidden parameter.
  • Options
    xladyjxladyj Posts: 1,166 Member
    edited August 2014
    xladyj wrote:

How about you take a long, "Thoughtful" shower and tell us again what you're thinking... :lol::lol:

The only thing worth trying in Sims 4 is CAS and I'll hopefully get the demo soon. I have no reason to buy the game. I still have TS 1-3. I won't be reverting back to Sims 1 game-play in a game that just came out in 2014. I play for family life...you can't do that in TS4. It doesn't cater to my simming preferences.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    xladyj wrote:
    xladyj wrote:

The only thing worth trying in Sims 4 is CAS and I'll hopefully get the demo soon. I have no reason to buy the game. I still have TS 1-3. I won't be reverting back to Sims 1 game-play in a game that just came out in 2014. I play for family life...you can't do that in TS4. It doesn't cater to my simming preferences.

I play for "family life" too. Every single one of my Sims will get married, have a job and make money, have children and then die, so I move on to the children's lives. I don't see how this not a family!
  • Options
    pguidapguida Posts: 7,481 Member
    edited August 2014
    I'm so upset!

I expected pictures of Graham in the shower!
  • Options
    pguidapguida Posts: 7,481 Member
    edited August 2014
    I play for "family life" too.

TS4 is not for you then... Sorry.

But if you love the bro, Jersey Shore life, you'll love it!

*Except tanning and laundry are not included.

But the gym is packed. Apparently, the one place all sims go. Just beware. All of them are angry.
  • Options
    SincerboxSincerbox Posts: 2,279 Member
    edited August 2014
    bflury wrote:
    I am sorry, I hate to be a downer...

:lol: No you don't.
    Origin ID: Barbara917
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    pguida wrote:
    I'm so upset!

I expected pictures of Graham in the shower!

I actually expected this too when I read the title. :lol::lol:
    luchad.pngluucha.gif
  • Options
    Shadoza2Shadoza2 Posts: 1,579 Member
    edited August 2014
    xladyj wrote:

Inspired by what in TS4? There is nothing left to be inspired by. :(