Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Toddlers and Pools in a patch?

If toddlers and pools were included in a patch that was released in the first week, would that make any of the non buyers, buy?

Just wondering or would it take a lot more?

Comments

• Options
    lynnylynny Posts: 1,141 Member
    edited August 2014
    Just those two things added, no it wouldn't, not me anyway.
  • Options
    alexspoom13alexspoom13 Posts: 7,439 Member
    edited August 2014
    Not me. I hate too much of the game for one or two things to change my mind. I would buy if:

- There were OPEN worlds- WITHOUT loading screens- that weren't TINY
    - Said worlds have improved Story Progression
    - A colour wheel is included, or better still a new Create a Style
    - Babies weren't objects
    - Toddlers included
    - BASIC careers included- business, politics, science, etc
    - Lots bigger than 50x50 and with more than 3 floors

I could go on and on. In short, I hate too much of this game to go anywhere near it. It has some nice features like the new skills and of course multitasking, but EA have dumbed this down far too much for me to show any interest.
  • Options
    MoonbarkerMoonbarker Posts: 1,281 Member
    edited August 2014
    Not gonna happen anyway. Toddlers take months to program. But if that was to happen, then no I probably wouldn't buy it. I would still need a color wheel and open world. After that I'd probably re-consider.. Oh and babies not being objects and shrink the teens so they're shorter than adults. THEN I'd probably buy it.. Oh and add an improved story progression.. Actually they should just re-name this game and start over LOL.
  • Options
    rebekah512rebekah512 Posts: 881 Member
    edited August 2014
    I will not believe it until I see it happen.

EAxis has not faith and credit coming from me at this point.

I still think it's going to be put into an expansion, and folks are going to be expected to pay another premium price to put in these key items taken out of the base games development.
  • Options
    SeamoanSeamoan Posts: 1,323 Member
    edited August 2014
    No. Missing toddlers and pools are too indicative of what this game really is about, it's too late for me now.
  • Options
    Meg1_B2Meg1_B2 Posts: 519 Member
    edited August 2014
    I never really cared about what's in or out the Sims until literally this week. I've always been a pre-orderer as soon as the store would allow me. So IDK what all the fuss is about, I know about the toddlers and pool but what else is everyone up in arms about? It can't possibly be those two things.
  • Options
    SeamoanSeamoan Posts: 1,323 Member
    edited August 2014
    Meg1_B2 wrote:
    I never really cared about what's in or out the Sims until literally this week. I've always been a pre-orderer as soon as the store would allow me. So IDK what all the fuss is about, I know about the toddlers and pool but what else is everyone up in arms about? It can't possibly be those two things.

There are many features that are either announced gone (CASt/story progression/ect/ect/ect/ect/ect/ect/ect) or features that are assumed missing. There are threads everywhere with lists.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    there is indeed a lot more, Meg. there's a couple of threads on the forums listing them, if you want to get a picture.

Bottom line, there are some very interesting innovations, but we have paid for them by gutting multiple features folks are used to as part of the base game from previous versions.

Whether that leaves a product worth a premium price to you is a completely subjective call.
  • Options
    06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    edited August 2014
    :lol: this is the funniest thing ever!

And then a unicorn will land and give everyone a pot of gold.

EA don't do free :lol:
  • Options
    AlisoxAlisox Posts: 1,640 Member
    edited August 2014
    Not that I know anything at all about programming and such, but I'm pretty sure that's pretty impossible.

There's so much that would need to be added that I think it would be way too big a feature to be introduced in a patch, especially in such a short time.

Think about it, though. Basic animations, animations between toddlers and all other ages would need to be perfected, as well as interactions with toys and other pieces of furniture like high chairs and cribs. Enough hair and clothes to satisfy players would need to be included as well. It's just too big a job.

Edit: I forgot to address pools. That could possibly be in a patch, but probably not that soon.
  • Options
    AxelTaylor01AxelTaylor01 Posts: 389 Member
    edited August 2014
    At this point, I don't think so. I wouldn't buy it even with those items patched in. I honestly don't care about pools that much so that wouldn't affect me at all, but I do know that a lot of people do use them a lot.

As for why it wouldn't matter... I've been building a world for TS3 since December, i have discovered that I actually like building worlds. The extremely small worlds broke my heart. They can add my favorite life stage (toddlers) back in, add a pre-teen life stage, they can add pools, better careers (can't stand the one's listed for the base game), they could probably even add the build mode cheats back in. However, the one thing that they cannot do, is create a bigger more in-depth world similar to TS3.

So the world's were my deal breaker. I had planned on picking up Ts4 later when it was on sale, now I just don't see the point. :cry:

I'm so discouraged with where this game has gone I no longer even want the demo. Which is sad honestly, I was dieing to have it a couple weeks ago. I think EA has lost me for good; I feel undervalued, insulted, and just plain infuriated at the way they handled the marketing for this game and how they didn't listen to us. Used to I'd buy anything Sims, but things change.
  • Options
    MoonbarkerMoonbarker Posts: 1,281 Member
    edited August 2014
    Meg1_B2 wrote:

Have a read lol:
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/759976.page
  • Options
    knuckledusterknuckleduster Posts: 1,268 Member
    edited August 2014
    06Bon06 wrote:

Riverview was free and then they started charging $5.00 per object...so, nope, you are right - there is ALWAYS a catch, down the line, with EA.

• Options
    knuckledusterknuckleduster Posts: 1,268 Member
    edited August 2014
    CassAngel wrote:
    If toddlers and pools were included in a patch that was released in the first week, would that make any of the non buyers, buy?

Terrain tools are a huge deal breaker.

Even Sims 1 had terrain tools.

• Options
    Alysha1988Alysha1988 Posts: 3,452 Member
    edited August 2014
    A while ago, before I was aware of the full scale of what is wrong with this game I probably would have said yes to buying if those were added in a patch. At this point, no, that really wouldn't sway me to buy since there is so much else that is going to impact gameplay, some of which technically cannot be added because of poor engine design.
  • Options
    LovenVincentLovenVincent Posts: 1,222 Member
    edited August 2014
    Just proves my point :lol: 1% out of posters agree that it will change their minds while 99% claim that *its not enough. i want more/a whole new game* so the fact is,that was never the issue to start with. if they were just upset at the loss of toddlers,getting them back would be enough. greedy and self entitlement. lets throw all the EP's into the base game too :roll:
    0sig_YunaTidus_animated.gif

Origin: Damian_Nyx
  • Options
    justin5812justin5812 Posts: 632 Member
    edited August 2014
    06Bon06 wrote:

Well that's funny because if I recall they just gave away The Sims 2 and all of it's expansions for free. Maybe I'm crazy and imagined that though
  • Options
    tgoldie4tgoldie4 Posts: 154 Member
    edited August 2014
    I really hope it's patched instead of being in an EP (if they ever release them) because if it's patched, they can include stuff for them in future EPs. If they are released in an EP they will only have the things that they come with in that EP and they won't get anything down the line (unless it's from the store).
  • Options
    NyosimNyosim Posts: 816 Member
    edited August 2014
    I think pools are a definite maybe. :lol: TS3 patched in the basements from WA when people were certain that it'd stay in that EP only. As long as pools aren't tied too much into an EP it can be patched in.

Toddlers, no. EAxis has to create their clothing, animations, record their voices, etc. Tall order for just a free patch.
    900woh.png
  • Options
    Damienf519Damienf519 Posts: 6,993 Member
    edited August 2014
    CassAngel wrote:

I don't know, maybe they could put that stuff via a patch, but it won't be out the first week after the game is released. You'd have to wait a couple months at least for them to patch in just one of those features, and that's even assuming its practical for them to do so.
  • Options
    JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member
    edited August 2014
    06Bon06 wrote:

:lol::lol::lol:
  • Options
    JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member
    edited August 2014
    If you asked me last week I would have said probley. Now, no. Even if they add them free.. :lol::lol::lol:....babies would still be objects, and teens would be the same size. So family play would still be crappy.
  • Options
    Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    edited August 2014
    Just proves my point :lol: 1% out of posters agree that it will change their minds while 99% claim that *its not enough. i want more/a whole new game* so the fact is,that was never the issue to start with. if they were just upset at the loss of toddlers,getting them back would be enough. greedy and self entitlement. lets throw all the EP's into the base game too :roll:

You'll be the first one complaining when you finally get your hands on The Sims 4 and then find out you won't be able to do certain things in it that you thought you'd be able to.

Stop trying to justify your decision to buy the game by sneering at those who aren't just jumping on the Sims 4 bandwagon, and looking down your nose at them as if you're ever-so-much better than they are because you're willing to fork over your money for a game that you're going to get bored with in a few weeks.
    EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    justin5812 wrote:
    06Bon06 wrote:

Well that's funny because if I recall they just gave away The Sims 2 and all of it's expansions for free. Maybe I'm crazy and imagined that though

They did that for two reasons-and they were smart ones.

1. Divert attention from the ongoing conflagration regarding toddlers and pools etc being carved out for a future revenue stream.

2. Pull in new folks into Origin, with its datamining and Securerom features. A lot of folks had gotten Sims 2 on disc, and never signed up.

We didn't have to pay with money (and I took advantage of the deal myself) but there was value exchanged.
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    edited August 2014
    I still wouldn't be interested. To be honest, I don't even play families that much but it still bothers me that toddlers were excluded from the game, even though I personally wouldn't miss them for my game play. Pools are what would miss more than toddlers.

But giving us these two things would not fix the fundamental problem I have with Sims 4. The stifling of creativity - the forced "their way" of play that is being promoted. Sims to me has never been an RPG game it's been a sandbox game.

I don't want to look at a rock or pee 10 times to get unlockable content. I don't want to have to limit what I can build because of the fact that you can't edit terrain height/depth (something SO basic I never ever imagined would not be in the game, until suddenly it wasn't, and what I hated most about SimCity.) I want the option to recolor (and to a less extent restyle) items to deck out houses/venues the way I want to. Instead, it's all being chosen for me, and is no longer anywhere near the sandbox style of game I want. Everything is preset and easy and ....to me....no longer interesting.

Then there's the whole open world issue. Loading screens are back. For every lot. I already have Sims 2, thanks, bought and paid for and it's a complete game. I don't see why I'd need to buy it again.

Open world's seamless and visual advantages were clear, but I was willing to sacrifice having a completely open world for ACCEPTABLE neighborhood sizes that did not require loading screens between each lot (Acceptable is going to vary in opinion of course, I was thinking somewhere like 15-20 lots in each neighborhood.) Instead, we have teeny tiny neighborhoods in teeny tiny worlds and loading screens between everything. Again, I already bought and paid for a Sims 2 game that I can play when I want, I don't need it's reductive version.

I'm sorry if this is a longer more drawn out answer than you were hoping for. I just wanted to explain why, for me personally, it's not just about taking out certain things from the game. And that if the option was there to add them back in why it wouldn't be enough.

Unfortunately the reasons I have listed above for not being interested in Sims 4 are probably too ingrained into the game engine to fix, and no matter how much content comes in EPS, it will still not be as interesting something I can immerse myself in as much as Sims 3. And as I keep saying, I already have Sims 2 there no reason for me to pay for Sims 4. Perhaps if it were free...but well, that's sure not going to happen.

It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.