Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

LGR CAS Video Posted! :-)

Comments

• Options
    UtaDagdaUtaDagda Posts: 1,556 Member
    edited August 2014
    JoeWow1003 wrote:
    stylsim wrote:
    Did you really change the thread title to be negative? *rolls eyes*

I noticed that too. The reviewer had mostly good things to say about the demo yet he pulled some select negative quotes to post.

That. *Facepalm* All so there's all ready! a CASt type of thing made by a user which will only improve with time. Not worried about color wheel now at this point.
    Love The Sims? SIMMERSE YOURSELF. Join our community.
    I gave up singing. Sorry.
    Here have my luchADORE to cheer you up.
    luchad.pngluucha.gif
  • Options
    bflurybflury Posts: 2,603 Member
    edited August 2014
    JoeWow1003 wrote:
    Not sure you quite understand what "cross posting" or "spamming" is.

Feel free to keep up the threats though :-)
    Sorry, I am not exactly up to date on common trolling techniques.

Whatever it is called, replying in one thread to another thread just to harass someone who is clearly ignoring you isn't exactly appreciated.

Were done here, just as we were done on the other thread where you insisted somehow that the entire sim community somehow misinterpreted multiple sources and is only "speculating" that the game was originally built with an online game engine.

"In Short, The Sims 4's biggest problem is that The Sims 3 exists." - Kevin VanOrd, Gamespot. Scored 6.0 of 10.
  • Options
    stylsimstylsim Posts: 222 Member
    edited August 2014
    pguida wrote:
    stylsim wrote:

He did say that.

His review portayed mixed feelings.

And he called out a lot of BS.

I know he said that, but it's misleading to make the name of the topic one of the few negative quotes from the video when the reviewer was obviously having fun with the demo.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    ThoddyEA wrote:
    Yepp bflury. Thats your "non-biased" review? Lol. But at least everyone is aware: Its LAZY game reviews, not PROFESSIONAL game reviews. LGR is the trash-tv of youtube. And you and your friends are the targeted audience. That being said: Great review for his viewers.
    Thoddy go away. If you are going to try to pretend your not an EA employee you might want to think twice about what you say...

1z5uons.jpg
    "In Short, The Sims 4's biggest problem is that The Sims 3 exists." - Kevin VanOrd, Gamespot. Scored 6.0 of 10.
  • Options
    GruffmanGruffman Posts: 4,831 Member
    edited August 2014
    bflury wrote:
    stylsim wrote:
    I just added one of his quotes :)

I am disappointed you changed it. I actually like most of your posts, they might be negative, but they are informative. I would expect this from a few others here, not really from you. Just my two cents.
  • Options
    JoeWow1003JoeWow1003 Posts: 4,121 Member
    edited August 2014
    bflury wrote:
    Whatever it is called, replying in one thread to another thread just to harass someone who is clearly ignoring you isn't exactly appreciated.

So you consider it trolling and against forum rules if someone you disagrees with posts or even replies to one of your messages?

Perhaps you're new to forums in general :/
    bflury wrote:
    Were done here, just as we were done on the other thread where you insisted somehow that the entire sim community somehow misinterpreted multiple sources and is only "speculating" that the game was originally built with an online game engine.

You say we're done yet you keep replying to my posts.

I guess if you only want to surround yourself with people you agree with you never have to worry about hearing conflicting opinions.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Gruffman wrote:
    bflury wrote:
    stylsim wrote:
    I just added one of his quotes :)

I am disappointed you changed it. I actually like most of your posts, they might be negative, but they are informative. I would expect this from a few others here, not really from you. Just my two cents.
    Fair enough. You have a good point and are a bit more constructive than the other chaps here. I am going to change it back.
  • Options
    pguidapguida Posts: 7,481 Member
    edited August 2014
    ThoddyEA wrote:
    Thats your "non-biased" review? Lol. But at least everyone is aware: Its LAZY game reviews, not PROFESSIONAL game reviews. LGR is the trash-tv of youtube.

LGR loves TS.

He's just very honest in both praise and criticism.

Your comment about him was unnecessary and vile.

I'd rather hear from him than from thise getting free trips and freebies.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    pguida wrote:
    ThoddyEA wrote:
    Thats your "non-biased" review? Lol. But at least everyone is aware: Its LAZY game reviews, not PROFESSIONAL game reviews. LGR is the trash-tv of youtube.

LGR loves TS.

Yesterday, Thoddy called Will Wright a hack! He is best to ignore.
  • Options
    GruffmanGruffman Posts: 4,831 Member
    edited August 2014
    bflury wrote:
    I actually am changing it back anyway. I don't have any issues with CAS, and was only having fun.

Good. While yes, he did say it, it wasn't in that context. Without the Create-A-Style it is a throwback to the Sims2 level stuff. Some of it is a throwback to Sims1 level stuff. You can't argue with the truth. Might not like it, but you can't argue with it.

That was the first time I ever watched one of his things. Never heard of him before now.
  • Options
    pguidapguida Posts: 7,481 Member
    edited August 2014
    bflury wrote:
    Yesterday, Thoddy called Will Wright a hack! He is best to ignore.[/quote]

Thoddy may bw Innuendo, then... :mrgreen:

• Options
    edited August 2014
    Gruffman wrote:
    That was the first time I ever watched one of his things. Never heard of him before now.
    LGR is hilarious and honest. Watch some of his reviews of the Expansions and Stuff Packs.

A LOT of people like him because he is straight forward and honest. I was surprised he didn't discuss the game a little more. But that said, we all agree that CAS is well polished so his review makes complete sense.

• Options
    edited August 2014
    pguida wrote:
    Thoddy may bw Innuendo, then... :mrgreen:
    Nah, I am fairly certain he is an employee at EA or so crazy he "believes" he is an employee at EA :lol:
  • Options
    SuicidalSpidersSuicidalSpiders Posts: 1,733 Member
    edited August 2014
    I'm confused...he states in the beginning of the video that the demo has been released to the public... I can't find it... Or did he just get it in one of the waves?
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    I'm confused...he states in the beginning of the video that the demo has been released to the public... I can't find it... Or did he just get it in one of the waves?
    He got it in a wave, by public he just meant its available to people outside of EA.
  • Options
    SuicidalSpidersSuicidalSpiders Posts: 1,733 Member
    edited August 2014
    bflury wrote:
    He got it in a wave, by public he just meant its available to people outside of EA.

Well, that was really misleading, and now I'm sad. :(
  • Options
    COOLGAME8013COOLGAME8013 Posts: 3,090 Member
    edited August 2014
    I really did enjoy LGR's take on the whole CAS video. He really does point out the hard time it take to make a style without Create a Style, and how CAS might take a bit of a learning curve to make some nice sims.

Thats real awesome thing about his reviews, he is hilarious but he's also blunt about what is wrong. It really does make me look forward to the game, and his take on the whole game in general. :-)
  • Options
    kirby356kirby356 Posts: 4,607 Member
    edited August 2014
    bflury wrote:
    pguida wrote:
    ThoddyEA wrote:

LGR loves TS.

Yeah, after he said that I just laughed because without Will Wright we wouldn't even have this website. :lol:

ThoddyEA likes to post a nasty comment, and then he'll run away like a chicken when people confront him. He's an EA employee probably LOL. :lol:

Maybe he's SimGuruGrant!! :shock: :lol:
  • Options
    GoodywoodGoodywood Posts: 4,615 Member
    edited August 2014
    LGR is my favorite. Thank you for the links!
    PLEASE FIX TEENS IN TS4! I NEED YOUNGER TEENS NOT YA TEENS! (^_^)Please add Music Bands with lead singers! Please add vehicles and garages! Vehicles have always been part of The Sims.
  • Options
    KramYraeloKramYraelo Posts: 734 Member
    edited August 2014
    bflury wrote:
    pguida wrote:
    ThoddyEA wrote:

LGR loves TS.

Heh, I read that as:
    Yesterday, toddler called Will Wright a hack! He is best to ignore.

Man I need sleep, Freudian slips starting to happen!

:lol:
  • Options
    KramYraeloKramYraelo Posts: 734 Member
    edited August 2014
    kirby356 wrote:
    Maybe he's SimGuruGrant!! :shock: :lol:

Ohh, that's like X-Files good. I like it!

:mrgreen:
  • Options
    LittleMinxUndrLittleMinxUndr Posts: 4,196 Member
    edited August 2014
    You have to try and remember it's a demo, with very limited content in it. The full game will have more. :?

I'm aware but when a modder can add ways to recolor items, and EA said it was impossible to do at this point, I smell BS.

That's weird, because when I heard that news and saw the progress on MTS, I was like 'Muahahahahaha!! TS4 is going to be awesome!!'
  • Options
    LittleMinxUndrLittleMinxUndr Posts: 4,196 Member
    edited August 2014
    KramYraelo wrote:
    bflury wrote:
    pguida wrote:
    ThoddyEA wrote:

LGR loves TS.

Heh, I read that as:
    Yesterday, toddler called Will Wright a hack! He is best to ignore.

Man I need sleep, Freudian slips starting to happen!

:lol:

You do know that a freudian slip is about expressing a sexual thought about a mundane situation unawares from which another can glean an insight to your more intimate sexual preferences?
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited August 2014
    bflury wrote:
    Gruffman wrote:
    LGR is hilarious and honest. Watch some of his reviews of the Expansions and Stuff Packs.

A LOT of people like him because he is straight forward and honest. I was surprised he didn't discuss the game a little more. But that said, we all agree that CAS is well polished so his review makes complete sense.

Well, he can't really talk about the game till he has a chance to play it. Though he did comment on the lack of toddlers and pools being "stupid".
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    MsPhyMsPhy Posts: 5,055 Member
    edited August 2014
    So many folks have been waiting for LGR's review. Granted, this was only of the CAS demo, but he seemed overall pleased and looking forward to the game. Has this affected anyone's worries or negative thoughts? Inquiring minds want to know.