Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

LGR CAS Video Posted! :-)

Comments

• Options
    IfreshyehIfreshyeh Posts: 1,403 Member
    edited August 2014
    simsluvr90 wrote:
    Ifreshyeh wrote:
    MapiyaSims wrote:
    It looks like...he's..he's enjoying it!? I'm surprised :shock:

I'm not, I think CAS looks great. It's the rest of the game that is lacking a bit. I wish I had the demo.

If I agree anymore, I think I might pop a blood vessel. I want the demo really badly... Won't touch the game itself, but do want the demo.

I got the demo for CAS when it first came out. I was lucky. I love it (hence why my avatar is a new sim) but I wont be getting the game unless they re-do it :D

You lucky, lucky sim-maker. I've been waiting for quite a while. I thought there would be a release to everyone by now. I have to stay content with pictures for now..
  • Options
    InannaWintermoonInannaWintermoon Posts: 3,400 Member
    edited August 2014
    OMG second Video I am dying laughing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpfNetrLM9c

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    It's quite drop from the top, so how ya feeling down there?
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    edited August 2014
    2zpjxj7.gif

Well it's about time. :mrgreen: I was wondering if he got the demo this past wave.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited August 2014
    simsluvr90 wrote:
    Rflong7 wrote:
    I know after making TS4 Sims it was very hard to go back to TS3 Sims. I really liked the Sims in CAS. :)

Im having a hard time going back to TS2 :lol:

Lol~Not me! :lol:
    They move better and make nicer facial expressions then TS3. I love building in TS3 though- it's excellent for that. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    IcySlashIcySlash Posts: 1,070 Member
    edited August 2014
    Ifreshyeh wrote:
    MapiyaSims wrote:

I'm not, I think CAS looks great. It's the rest of the game that is lacking a bit. I wish I had the demo.

If I agree anymore, I think I might pop a blood vessel. I want the demo really badly... Won't touch the game itself, but do want the demo.
    Same here. I want the Demo and i'm impatiently waiting for it. But i won't buy the game when it comes out.
    I agree that CAS is literally one of the few good things in this game.
  • Options
    IcySlashIcySlash Posts: 1,070 Member
    edited August 2014
    LOL I just got the Demo!!! :shock:
  • Options
    ChainChain Posts: 126 Member
    edited August 2014
    I know a lot of people are complaining about the loss of CASt, but with how many color options they seem to be offering for each item anyways I don't foresee it being much of an issue...

... Please don't kill me...
  • Options
    ebuchalaebuchala Posts: 4,945 Member
    edited August 2014
    Chain wrote:
    I know a lot of people are complaining about the loss of CASt, but with how many color options they seem to be offering for each item anyways I don't foresee it being much of an issue...

I was pretty disappointed about CASt being gone and I'm fairly sure the preset options they have will be way too limited but it's a minor issue for me. I know it's a much bigger deal for some people, though.
    Origin ID: ebuchala
    I'm not a psychopath. I'm a high-functioning psychopath. Reaper
  • Options
    KaelKael Posts: 2,197 Member
    edited August 2014
    I am so glad he called them out on the color wheel. There is no reason for it not to be in the game.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Chain wrote:

The idea of no CASt was hard to get used to but now it doesn't bother me.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    You have to try and remember it's a demo, with very limited content in it. The full game will have more. :?

I'm aware but when a modder can add ways to recolor items, and EA said it was impossible to do at this point, I smell BS.
    Can you share a link to the recolor thing? Is it real color options or is it the replacement mod that's been shared? I definitely want some other color options but don't think I want to give up ones I currently have in exchange.
  • Options
    InannaWintermoonInannaWintermoon Posts: 3,400 Member
    edited August 2014
    ebuchala wrote:
    You have to try and remember it's a demo, with very limited content in it. The full game will have more. :?

I'm aware but when a modder can add ways to recolor items, and EA said it was impossible to do at this point, I smell BS.
    Can you share a link to the recolor thing? Is it real color options or is it the replacement mod that's been shared? I definitely want some other color options but don't think I want to give up ones I currently have in exchange.

Zeberu or however you spell his name had a link to it, for the life of me I can't recall which thread. Its buried somewhere in here. I'm at the b;leery eyed phase as I am overly tired otherwise I'd try to find it for you. I'll see if I can dig it up later today unless someone beats me to it.
    It's quite drop from the top, so how ya feeling down there?
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    ebuchala wrote:

Zeberu or however you spell his name had a link to it, for the life of me I can't recall which thread. Its buried somewhere in here. I'm at the b;leery eyed phase as I am overly tired otherwise I'd try to find it for you. I'll see if I can dig it up later today unless someone beats me to it.
    Here you go: http://simsvip.com/2014/07/27/the-sims-4-cas-recolor-tool-now-available/
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    ebuchala wrote:

Here you go: http://simsvip.com/2014/07/27/the-sims-4-cas-recolor-tool-now-available/
    Thank you both!
  • Options
    nateslicenateslice Posts: 1,440 Member
    edited August 2014
    That's the first LGR video I've seen, and I like his style. He seems tough but fair. Thanks for posting it, BFlury!
  • Options
    bflurybflury Posts: 2,603 Member
    edited August 2014
    I'm surprised he didn't mention much on the game except at the very end, but I am not surprised he enjoyed CAS. I think we all believe CAS is pretty well polished.
    "In Short, The Sims 4's biggest problem is that The Sims 3 exists." - Kevin VanOrd, Gamespot. Scored 6.0 of 10.
  • Options
    JoeWow1003JoeWow1003 Posts: 4,121 Member
    edited August 2014
    bflury wrote:
    I'm surprised he didn't mention much on the game except at the very end, but I am not surprised he enjoyed CAS. I think we all believe CAS is pretty well polished.

But there's no eyelash length slider! :thumbdown:
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    JoeWow1003 wrote:
    bflury wrote:

But there's no eyelash length slider! :thumbdown:
    I know! The insanity!:roll: :roll: :roll:

Cross posting is considered spamming and against forum rules...
    "In Short, The Sims 4's biggest problem is that The Sims 3 exists." - Kevin VanOrd, Gamespot. Scored 6.0 of 10.
  • Options
    stylsimstylsim Posts: 222 Member
    edited August 2014
    Did you really change the thread title to be negative? *rolls eyes*
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    stylsim wrote:
    I just added one of his quotes :)
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    bflury wrote:
    I know! The insanity!:roll: :roll: :roll:

Cross posting is considered spamming and against forum rules...

Not sure you quite understand what "cross posting" or "spamming" is.

Feel free to keep up the threats though :-)
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    stylsim wrote:

I noticed that too. The reviewer had mostly good things to say about the demo yet he pulled some select negative quotes to post.
  • Options
    GruffmanGruffman Posts: 4,831 Member
    edited August 2014
    bflury wrote:
    stylsim wrote:
    I just added one of his quotes :)

I thought he was having a lot of fun with it. I liked his honest review. I was amazed that he just got the demo and he made a CC shirt with his logo.
  • Options
    ThoddyEAThoddyEA Posts: 108 Member
    edited August 2014
    bflury wrote:
    30 minute walk through:
    http://t.co/or8j8Qs1NF

"Were back to Sims 2 Level Stuff"
    "You may not have toddlers and pools, but you can make them walk like a 🐸🐸🐸🐸"
    "I lot of the hair kind of looks like play-doh"

5 minute review:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62R03uOCGfI&feature=youtu.be

Yepp bflury. Thats your "non-biased" review? Lol. But at least everyone is aware: Its LAZY game reviews, not PROFESSIONAL game reviews. LGR is the trash-tv of youtube. And you and your friends are the targeted audience. That being said: Great review for his viewers.
    This poster is not endorsed by or affiliated with Electronic Arts, or its licensors. Trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
  • Options
    pguidapguida Posts: 7,481 Member
    edited August 2014
    stylsim wrote:

He did say that.

His review portayed mixed feelings.

And he called out a lot of BS.