Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

CAP tool?

So I'm going to finally break down and make some art because we NEED Renaissance paintings for the Amore Set! LOL Only one problem though....I have no idea where to go to download the CAP tool! LOL Can some kind soul link me to it please? Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    Sweet2Sweet2 Posts: 1,736 Member
    edited August 2014
    My Page Another lot and Household Uploaded :)

• Options
    GreenCatsGreenCats Posts: 9,318 Member
    edited August 2014
    You can download it here.

However, if you want to make custom artwork, may I recommend this method instead? Like the CAP one, it allows you to produce CC-free custom art-work, but it's much, much quicker, and, once you get the hang of it, it's super-easy. It has fewer steps than the CAP method and you don't have to leave your game (just minimize it) or ever open your launcher (unless you want to upload your build). I haven't touched CAP since I discovered it.
    You can still find me on my old My page (http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/GreenCats), and see more of my game-play pictures and CC-free uploads at gcsims.com
  • Options
    AmaraRenaAmaraRena Posts: 6,533 Member
    edited August 2014
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Well freaking great. I can't get it to download. Literally NOTHING happens when I click the download link. I have No Script but have "allowed all this page" so it SHOULD NOT be blocking this. I am stumped. And grumpy. :? Ideas?

Nevermind! Got it! Stoopid No Script! LOL
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    GreenCats wrote:
    You can download it here.

However, if you want to make custom artwork, may I recommend this method instead? Like the CAP one, it allows you to produce CC-free custom art-work, but it's much, much quicker, and, once you get the hang of it, it's super-easy. It has fewer steps than the CAP method and you don't have to leave your game (just minimize it) or ever open your launcher (unless you want to upload your build). I haven't touched CAP since I discovered it.

Looks like I'm going to have to look into this though I have no clue about that program and just starting to read through it already looks more complicated to me. :(
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Ugh. I think this is already more work than I want to do. LOL Can't I just pay someone to make art for me? I'll buy you the new venue! LOL
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    AmaraRena wrote:
    Ugh. I think this is already more work than I want to do. LOL Can't I just pay someone to make art for me? I'll buy you the new venue! LOL

Sorry CAP isn't working for you!

I will make some for you if you like using the S3PE method. I could put them in a World Adventures chest on an otherwise empty lot and upload that for you, so your sims can just take the pictures from the chest.

If you link the exact pictures you want me to use, I'd be happy to do this for you. No need to gift me anything! :D
    You can still find me on my old My page (http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/GreenCats), and see more of my game-play pictures and CC-free uploads at gcsims.com
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    GreenCats wrote:
    AmaraRena wrote:

Sorry CAP isn't working for you!

I will make some for you if you like using the S3PE method. I could put them in a World Adventures chest on an otherwise empty lot and upload that for you, so your sims can just take the pictures from the chest.

If you link the exact pictures you want me to use, I'd be happy to do this for you. No need to gift me anything! :D

:shock: YOU are.... amazing! I can't thank you enough! Okay I'm gonna start linking pics here, do as many or a few as you would like as I am likely to go totally overboard! LOL This will be SUCH a nice resource for the community! I love Joolster's art lots for the same reason, it's just incredible that they did something so nice for the rest of us. And now you, too, get to join the ranks of NICEST SIMMERS EVAR! LOL

Okay....pic spam....

431691.jpg

319935-1940x1457.jpg

1495270-bigthumbnail.jpg

Amore.jpg

raphae25.jpg

gentbel.jpg

LaVelata.jpg

Raffaello_Sanzio_art_ml0011.jpg

1346673_f520.jpg

5249_xamogiorgaki.jpg

LeonardoLive-338x335.jpg

061.jpg

Renaissance-women-portraits-paintings-of-women-Agnolo-Bronzino-canvas-painting-oil+%25282%2529.jpg

Renaissance-women-portraits-paintings-of-women-Agnolo-Bronzino-canvas-painting-oil+(11).jpg

tumblr_lohraqiVhc1qc3096.jpg

arts-graphics-2008_1132332a.jpg

tumblr_mi2auqcJVF1rb6373o1_1280.jpg

school-of-athens.jpg

h2_49.107.jpg

Portrait_of_a_Man_Holding_a_Skull_ca_1611.jpg

The-Ambassadors-by-Hans-H-001.jpg

81VDoXFqtxL._SX425_.jpg

KVT-Dual-Exhibition-Nguyen-Son-Richard-Streitmatter-Tran_2.jpg

6a00d8341c192953ef0167622b4eb2970b-pi

Lady-with-a-Dog.jpg

Bowron_Renaissance_VanEyck340x247.jpg

24010f58deb29fef436d71fa89f55440.jpg

tumblr_mvwd9nuoNJ1rl35vno1_500.jpg

img-thing?.out=jpg&size=l&tid=2676161

eur-vitruvian_man.jpg

botticelli-primavera.jpg

portrait-of-simonetta-vespucci(1).jpg

Sandro+Botticelli+-+Simonetta+Vespucci.jpg

Venice-Painting-006.jpg

1646528113-18960b.jpg

venice-art-painting-wallpaper-images-photos-0517193415.jpg

canaletto6_1738190i.jpg

St.%20Marks%20and%20the%20Doges%20Palace_%20Venice.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Oh...and what is Venice without CARNIVALE????

Memories-of-Venice1.jpg

Colin-Orchard-7241-Venice-Carnival.jpg

original_c16a5320fa475530d9583c34fd356ef5.jpg

2d888f4889a168beb45270ec10980bf71d59ee5b57985c8ad9e701e35d0cf9c96g.jpg

venice-carnival-041.jpg

venice-carnival-2006.jpg

Venetian-Carnival-Masks-Are-Required-4.jpg

venicecarnivalpaint_500.JPG

Jean-Claude+Campana+-+French+painter+-+Tutt%27Art@+(11).jpg

BigRedHat_Digimark.jpg

• Options
    edited August 2014
    I think I scared Green Cats away... :oops:
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    These look great! I will make a start on these this evening! Probably not all of them will be a size that will work, but I should be able to get a good selection of them done for you :D
  • Options
    Tiki5872Tiki5872 Posts: 3,115 Member
    edited August 2014
    GreenCats wrote:
    These look great! I will make a start on these this evening! Probably not all of them will be a size that will work, but I should be able to get a good selection of them done for you :D

What method are you using to make these? Is it the method from ZOO where you use CAP and the photography skill, or the one where you use TSR and clone an existing in game item? I know how to do the latter, and would be more than willing to help out if you want. The method that zoo uses though, is something I have never done.
    NewBanner.jpg
    Origin ID: Tiki5872
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Tiki5872 wrote:
    What method are you using to make these? Is it the method from ZOO where you use CAP and the photography skill, or the one where you use TSR and clone an existing in game item? I know how to do the latter, and would be more than willing to help out if you want. The method that zoo uses though, is something I have never done.

Neither. It's similar to the CAP method but much quicker and cleaner.

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/727305.page
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    AmaraRena, what size do you want these?

For portrait I will use the large photo because the medium painting is probably too narrow for most of these and the small photo is teeny tiny.

But for landscape you have a choice. I can do the large painting, the medium painting or the small painting. For pictures with these I would go with the large painting, but it really depends where you want to use them.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    I've done twelve of them for you :)

I just chose the ones with the width:height ratio closest to the painting & photo options available in the game. If there are any of the ones I've missed that you'd particularly like, I can do them, I might just have to crop a bit out.

I've put them in a WA chest. I've never shared pictures in one of these before - I usually put them on the wall - but this way your sim can just open the chest and grab the pictures without having to own the lot or anything like that. If they don't show up properly, let me know, and I'll share a version where they're on the walls instead.

Here are how the pictures look in game. The big really detailed one hasn't come out too well, just because the landscape paintings are quite low res. (It is possible to create higher res versions, but they always show up as a 'texture replacement' in custard, and you probably don't want that if these are for builds you plan to share, as people would think you'd used CC when you hadn't.)

Screenshot-14-5.jpg"width=640"
    Screenshot-11-2.jpg"width=640"
    Screenshot-10-1.jpg"width=640"
    Screenshot-12-2.jpg"width=640"

You can download the lot here. No CC, no CAP. It scanned clean in Custard.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    GreenCats wrote:
    Tiki5872 wrote:

Thank you for sharing this GreenCats!! I have not seen this and I am familiar with S3PE, I will give a read and try it out!!
    NewBanner.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Oh Green Cats you are amazing and WONDERFUL and thank you so very very very much!!!!!
    *dances about with giddy excitement*
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Tiki5872 wrote:
    GreenCats wrote:
    Tiki5872 wrote:

Thank you for sharing this GreenCats!! I have not seen this and I am familiar with S3PE, I will give a read and try it out!!

No problem!! More people definitely need to check that tutorial out :D

Have fun xxx

AmaraRena wrote:
    Oh Green Cats you are amazing and WONDERFUL and thank you so very very very much!!!!!
    *dances about with giddy excitement*

Lol. You're welcome. Let me know if you have any problems with them 8)
  • Options
    sherrylynn8779sherrylynn8779 Posts: 2,102 Member
    edited August 2014
    *Snatches fun box from Amara and RUNS!!! "Mine Mine Mine Mine Mine!!!!"* :P

I hope you don't mind my downloading this as well, GC? :D
    My Twitter:: My Facebook:: Gallery Name: sherry_lynn1979
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Not at all, Sherry! Do whatever you like with them. I only didn't say what they were in the description because I wasn't 100% sure whether putting them in the chest would work, but it seems it has.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,620 Member
    edited August 2014
    The pictures are very nice Greencats ! :) They will look very nice on walls! Thankyou for doing it for AmaraRena and also other simmers can enjoy having the pictures too! :)
  • Options
    sherrylynn8779sherrylynn8779 Posts: 2,102 Member
    edited August 2014
    GreenCats wrote:
    Not at all, Sherry! Do whatever you like with them. I only didn't say what they were in the description because I wasn't 100% sure whether putting them in the chest would work, but it seems it has.

Yay! I'm thinking some of these would look great in my antique store in my downtown shopping center! :D
    My Twitter:: My Facebook:: Gallery Name: sherry_lynn1979
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    GreenCats wrote: »
    Tiki5872 wrote:
    GreenCats wrote:
    Tiki5872 wrote:

No problem!! More people definitely need to check that tutorial out :D

Have fun xxx

I finally got around to trying this out, and I am absoutely amazed at how easy it is to do! I am so happy that I can now create artwork for my builds that are not cc! :)
    NewBanner.jpg