Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Soooo about Mods...

Comments

• Options
    MarLin114MarLin114 Posts: 1,724 Member
    edited August 2014
    For vampire effects, try these ones out to see if any are the effect you're looking for with the fog emitter.

ep3vampirecure

ep3vampirecureglow

ep3vampireeyerays

ep3vampirehandglowl

ep3vampirehandglowr

ep3vampireskillbar

ep3vampirethinkabout

ep3vampiretransition

ep3vampiretransitionadult

ep3vampiretransitionglow

There may be others linked to Supernatural (would have ep# at start of code) but I haven't seen those ones yet.

a.k.a. - Linda
  • Options
    Katty0Katty0 Posts: 3,907 Member
    edited August 2014
    Amojie I wish I had your patience!!!

Where did you get the fish and minor pet no death mod? And the no spin saddle mod?

What does the dragon mod tweak?

Does the leaf raking one tweak how long it takes?

Thank you for such informative posts!
  • Options
    GrandmothergamerGrandmothergamer Posts: 1,042 Member
    edited August 2014
    I'm OK with the way my game performs sans mods, but will get the Mod for getting band gigs - think it's by Ani?
    I don't have any problems, and want it to stay that way!
    The only other thing I want is a fixed world editor, and sadly no Mod can do that.
    Good luck with your search and testing.
  • Options
    MariesaliasMariesalias Posts: 1,954 Member
    edited August 2014
    Game Stability: Overwatch and Error Trap

Mod to Remove ALL Sims from a World: Master Controller

Supernatural Hybrid Mod (I really want to have my vampires be able to ensorcel people like the Genie can!): Hybrid

A Mod for "cheating" to set Skills: Master Controller

Any other Mods I should have?

If you want your town to come alive: Story Progression
    To never forget to save again: Saver
    Register, Traffic, Relativity, and Relationship Panel from the same site are also useful.

ETA: Two things to know about AwesomeMod is that it is next to impossible to get help with the mod at their site and that once you play a save with AwesomeMod in, you will not be able to play that save properly without it (found this out the hard way). This is why I usually recommend Twallan's mods even though AwesomeMod does many/most of the same things. The people on NRAAS are always friendly and helpful and you can play your saves without his mods without issue (though there are a couple that require you to 'deactivate' the mod before you remove it). Hmm, thinking about it, I might have heard that AwesomeMod now has a away to safely be removed, but I don't remember.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    jillbgjillbg Posts: 4,600 Member
    edited August 2014
    Amjoie - You. Are. A. Star! Bookmarked... :-o
    NymlADp.jpg
  • Options
    amjoieamjoie Posts: 3,516 Member
    edited August 2014
    Katty0 wrote:
    Amojie I wish I had your patience!!!

Where did you get the fish and minor pet no death mod? And the no spin saddle mod?

What does the dragon mod tweak?

Does the leaf raking one tweak how long it takes?

Thank you for such informative posts!

The fish and minor pet mods are at TFM’s Naughty Sims Asylum. The fish mod comes in two parts. One is for only aquariums and the other is for only fish bowls, by two different modders, so look for both.

The no spin saddle mod is also at TFM’s Naughty Sims Asylum. As is the leaf mod. In fact, I have seen more than one leaf mod there, so look at all the different modders to find all the possible versions/variations until you see the one you want. They all do something a little different.

The people at TFM’s Naughty Sims Asylum are very good about letting you know if their mods are working well with the latest patch or still need updating. I think everyone's mods are now updated except some by TFM, who has real life things slowing her down. She will eventually get them all updated -- she has gazillion mods, so it takes a while to do them all. The ones I use of hers have all been updated to the last patch.

It is worth your while to sign up, there, and look at each modder's offerings. The site index can be somewhat confusing, but persist, because it has, by various modders, the most comprehensive listing of mods that I have ever seen, and you really need to be familiar with what is available.

The dragon mod is at Mod the Sims. It does different things, depending on what you download along with the mod itself. The main thing I got it for was to make actions non-autonomous, so sims don't keep putting the dragon on the floor and losing it. It's called Dragon Valley Dragon Mods, by Margaret Pendragon. When I asked if it was working with patch 1.66, she said "It should, though I haven't played with the dragons in awhile. Store content isn't usually affected by general patches." If it was good with 1.66, then it should also be good with 1.67, because nothing changed that would affect a mod like that. But apparently she isn't going to check further, because she never answered if it is compatible with 1.67, which is the problem I have with most modders at MTS. They don't seem too eager to tell us their mods are safe with the latest patch. (Some modders there actually told me not to ask, but to assume things are working unless someone complains they aren't. What??? I think that is irresponsible modding.) At any rate, I haven't had any problems with the main dragon mod. I don't use her add-on mods that can go with it, so I can't tell you anything about them.

Mod the Sims used to be the best place for mods, but I have been less pleased with them in the last year or so, primarily because they are not responsive, anymore, for the most part. Some people also have their own sites, and keep those sites updated more than they do their things at Mod the Sims. (For instance, EllaCharmed has more on her site, unless she has since added those things to Mod the Sims, and I haven't noticed, recently.) So, while I use Mod the Sims from modders that verify their mods still work with the latest patch, I no longer completely trust that site, like I used to. Sigh.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Game Stability: Overwatch and Error Trap

Mod to Remove ALL Sims from a World: Master Controller

Supernatural Hybrid Mod (I really want to have my vampires be able to ensorcel people like the Genie can!): Hybrid

A Mod for "cheating" to set Skills: Master Controller

Any other Mods I should have?

If you want your town to come alive: Story Progression
    To never forget to save again: Saver
    Register, Traffic, Relativity, and Relationship Panel from the same site are also useful.

ETA: Two things to know about AwesomeMod is that it is next to impossible to get help with the mod at their site and that once you play a save with AwesomeMod in, you will not be able to play that save properly without it (found this out the hard way). This is why I usually recommend Twallan's mods even though AwesomeMod does many/most of the same things. The people on NRAAS are always friendly and helpful and you can play your saves without his mods without issue (though there are a couple that require you to 'deactivate' the mod before you remove it). Hmm, thinking about it, I might have heard that AwesomeMod now has a away to safely be removed, but I don't remember.

The following is my PERSONAL OPINION, and is written from my perspective and from my personal experience. I do not ask for anyone's agreement, nor am I trying to change anyone's mind. I don't want to argue about it, and I won't answer any replies about it. Just take it for what it is -- personal opinion. Please.

The method to remove the awesome mod from a save was discussed ages and ages ago. I don't trust that it still works, because the one time I tried, that method seemed to fail. So assume the mod cannot be removed.

You won't get help from Pescado's site. You'll get yelled at for asking, and probably flamed to a crisp. Don't post there. Not even while wearing a flame suit.

However, that being said, if you actually bother to read the entire READ ME that comes with the mod (which people rarely do, even after being told to do it), most questions will be answered. And the separate configuration page is easy as pie to use. Typing help in the in-game menu (the same one you use for testingcheatsenabled) shows all the stuff you need to use for in-game configuring. So most things are self-explanatory. In the end, if you apply yourself diligently, you most likely won't need any help, anyway, so it won't matter if the site is helpful.

Awesome mod just works. It is comprehensive and cohesive. It is fully tweaked, and guaranteed working with the latest patch. Pescado uses his own mod, and still plays the game, until he finalizes the mod. He can be trusted to deliver a fully functioning, fully compatible, internally reliable mod. He is, without question, the most knowledgeable modder to ever mod the TS3 core.

No one knows the core of the game better than Pescado, not even EA. His awesome mod rewrites the game so that it functions the way it should have been written by EA, because they never went back and made sure their individual EPs all played nicely with each other -- since in many cases, the right hand never knew what the left hand was doing, at EA. It took someone like Pescado to tackle the whole big mess and make sense of it. No one else did that, which is why I use awesome mod. (Regardless of Pescado's lack of people skills, and his less than stellar moderation of his own site.)

I have played this game without any mods at all, and gotten it to play well (but it was full of annoyances and I had to constantly babysit it to make sure it wasn't misbehaving).

I have played the game with awesome mod, and it ran as smooth as silk without annoyances and without any need of babysitting. I could just enjoy my game.

I have tried NRAAS mods on more than one occasion, and played most of them, both when it was only Twallen and also post-Twallen. From my personal experience, NRAAS is glitchy. It is fussy, and I have personally found that it causes as many problems as it solves. I wanted it to work, because I desperately wanted to use Traveler. I really did try to make it work. I did.

But I finally had to give up on NRAAS. I just couldn't get the game to play as smoothly and be as problem free as it was when I used the awesome mod.

And I couldn't get the NRAAS mod suite to uninstall/be removed properly. I had to completely uninstall my entire game, manually, including manually uninstalling the registry. That was the only way I could get the game back to the smooth function I was used to, prior to trying the NRAAS suite. So, I know for a fact that once you use the NRAAS suite, you will not get it removed from your game. Not entirely. (And I'm not talking just a single save, like is true with awesome mod.) I'm talking the actual game found in Programs. Which is why I had to do a manual uninstall of the game.

Twallen, himself, gave up on his own mod. And from my experience with it, I can see why. The game just got to be too unwieldy and hard to wrangle using his approach. It wasn't his fault, because he was a genius of a modder, but his approach did not lend itself to correcting problems found in the core of the game. The only way he could have corrected the numerous problems would have been to rewrite the core, the way Pescado did. And since that was the opposite of what Twallen wanted to do, well, he just didn't.

So, now, other talented modders are trying to tame the beast. I simply do not have confidence it can be tamed, unless tackled at the core of the game, where the problems actually exist. And they won't be doing that, because they are staying true to Twallen's original vision.

I know people swear by the NRAAS mod suite. I know it helps save old-in-the-tooth games, so they don't explode quite as soon as they would normally explode. And for that, the NRAAS suite is amazingly effective. And that is why it is so popular. It definitely will keep an old game running longer. But it is a bandage approach, like using duct tape on pipes. It works for a while -- even works well in a "git-her-done" way -- but it won't solve the actual problem.

NRAAS also offers many fun options, like Traveler, found nowhere else. And some people will choose a moderately glitchy game, just so they get those functions. That is a personal choice. And I don't blame them for wanting all the shiny.

But I cannot play a glitchy game. It is like torture to me. So I will stay with the awesome mod. It does what I need it to do, it works in the background, it keeps my game healthy and gives it long life from the day of its birth to long past when a mod-free game would explode. For that kind of smooth-as-silk functionality, I will brave wading through a very long READ ME, and learning in game configurations through the menu.

And as far as not being able to remove the mod -- why would I ever want to remove it? I use it for a reason.

I just wish Pescado, himself, and his site by extension, was nicer and more user friendly. Sigh.
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    edited August 2014
    Wow, lots of lovely info about mods. I just started using mods a few months ago. I was stubborn and thought EA should fix their own problems! DUH! I started with Relativity from Nrass. I added one at a time and would wait several days between so I could be sure of effects from them. Some of the larger mods, Story Progression have a learning curve and am still trying to figure out the castes. I don't have all of Nrass's....yet. :lol: I don't use error trap and debugger or any core mod because of the warnings with them, and I'm just not computer savvy enuff to fix broken stuff if it happens. I would just have to start from scratch. :roll: I do have one other mod and that is the no-limo mod which is critical if you want to play in the Showtime world as it stops the limo over production.

https://nonasims.wordpress.com/tag/no-limo/

AmaraRena....Love your threads. I always learn new things when you start one. :D Shame we don't have a 'follow' button, but, I did bookmark it.
  • Options
    AmaraRenaAmaraRena Posts: 6,533 Member
    edited August 2014
    bekkasan wrote:

AmaraRena....Love your threads. I always learn new things when you start one. :D Shame we don't have a 'follow' button, but, I did bookmark it.

That's because I'm a total dufus who asks lots of questions and fortunately this community is so awesome that lots of great people actually answer them! LOL Hats off to all you great Simmers! :D
  • Options
    AldermanTomAldermanTom Posts: 499 Member
    edited August 2014
    Hi
    First, thanks for starting this thread, and a big thanks to Amjoie. This is definitely a bookmarker for me.

I use a fair amount of mods. I will try to hightlight some points I think might apply.

ALL MODS COME FROM MOD THE SIMS EXCEPT THE NRAAS ONES.

NRAAS. I cant say enough good things about the folks there. My game was umplayabe after Genrations, and they fixed it. One thing that I especially like is that the defaults in his Mods are always good. I was overwhelmed by all the choices in some of this larger mods until I realized theat they are all good, and I can tweak only what I want. I dont have to look at every single item
    Vampires. I have these 3 mods, all from MTS and have not noticed any issues. Until I found these mods, I didnt play vampires cuase I found them kind of dumb and watered down.

Sauzer Vampire Powers V2.0.package
    Allows similar to enscorcel, PLUS they get teleport with a cool "Cloud of Bats" effect. Great for getting around bridgeport.

Enirei_VampireAttack_v3_EA.package
    Allows for FATAL attacks.

sHoNi's_Vampire_Overhaul_Bite_Always_Neck.package. Pretty much what it says.

Enriel also has a vampire Hunter mod, which allows humans to take down vampires. It looks cool, but I have not installed or downloaded it....yet

And speaking of Suprenatual stuff ( non vampire )

Enirei_WerewolfMaul.package

Adds "Deadly Maul" to werewolves. I have not tried this , but it is in my game.

Cow Plant Tweaks, with multiple flavors - 1.63 from NonaMena
    Gives numerous options for adding to the "Edible Sims" in the game. I have used it alot.

and a couple of others I really really like.

Eat and put away leftover (Mikey). Pretty much what it says. I HATED it when a Sim would cook with a refrigerator full of leftovers.

Reaction Remover Collection. NOT UPDATED FOR A WHILE, but still seems to work. Stops Sims from paincing when they see an occult. The reaction made sense when they first saw a simbot for example. About the 15th time, it made no sense.

Housecleaning for all Sims by Buzzler

Gives you the option to right click in the house and gives you the Clean Hourse option, normally reserved for Neat Sims. I view this as more of a convenience rather than a cheat, since you can do the same thing without the Mod, except you have to click on each thing.

I just downladed and started using
    The Professional Juice Bar Mod by Icarus_alsorts. It makes all Juice Bars into functional late night bars. So all those stylized juice bars in the game finally have a purpose in home. All juice bars in store venues are also updated. And you can tweak some of the functionality.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Hey Amara, you funny bunny! :D

* Ultimate Careers

---> This mod is amazing!!! One of my top top mods! It means that your sim no longer needs to go into a rabbithole to work. I build my own open workplaces and enable the career, and my sim will go to work on that lot and use appropriate objects that improve their career performance.

I modded the mod to make it so that my sim doesn't lose work performance when not using the career related items. So I have a lot of freedom to do profession-like jobs that I think are appropriate for that sim. One of my scientists is particularly interested in oceanography, so when I play her she might go off the lot to go to a dive spot and collect fish, taking them back to the science lab. :D My politician will do a lot of networking, throwing fund raising parties, and using Ani's tax collector mod to collect tax from the town. :D

This mod has made the game what I want it to be! I made Crumpleton specifically with Zerbu's mod in mind. :D

There is a small learning curve so I recommend playing around with a test save first, until you get used to it. :D

There are quite a few other little mods I use, mostly from Mod the Sims, like the curfew remover. And of course, I have quite a collection of my own mods now! :lol:

WOW. How did you Mod a MOD? I really want to add the mirror object to one of the careers ( acting or Music I think)( there is a modded object on around the sims I think that has a micorphone modded as mirror, plus you update sounds amazing. Can a user make that happen?
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Hi
    First, thanks for starting this thread, and a big thanks to Amjoie. This is definitely a bookmarker for me.

I use a fair amount of mods. I will try to hightlight some points I think might apply.

ALL MODS COME FROM MOD THE SIMS EXCEPT THE NRAAS ONES.

NRAAS. I cant say enough good things about the folks there. My game was umplayabe after Genrations, and they fixed it. One thing that I especially like is that the defaults in his Mods are always good. I was overwhelmed by all the choices in some of this larger mods until I realized theat they are all good, and I can tweak only what I want. I dont have to look at every single item
    Vampires. I have these 3 mods, all from MTS and have not noticed any issues. Until I found these mods, I didnt play vampires cuase I found them kind of dumb and watered down.

Sauzer Vampire Powers V2.0.package
    Allows similar to enscorcel, PLUS they get teleport with a cool "Cloud of Bats" effect. Great for getting around bridgeport.

Enirei_VampireAttack_v3_EA.package
    Allows for FATAL attacks.

sHoNi's_Vampire_Overhaul_Bite_Always_Neck.package. Pretty much what it says.

Enriel also has a vampire Hunter mod, which allows humans to take down vampires. It looks cool, but I have not installed or downloaded it....yet

And speaking of Suprenatual stuff ( non vampire )

Enirei_WerewolfMaul.package

Adds "Deadly Maul" to werewolves. I have not tried this , but it is in my game.

Cow Plant Tweaks, with multiple flavors - 1.63 from NonaMena
    Gives numerous options for adding to the "Edible Sims" in the game. I have used it alot.

and a couple of others I really really like.

Eat and put away leftover (Mikey). Pretty much what it says. I HATED it when a Sim would cook with a refrigerator full of leftovers.

Reaction Remover Collection. NOT UPDATED FOR A WHILE, but still seems to work. Stops Sims from paincing when they see an occult. The reaction made sense when they first saw a simbot for example. About the 15th time, it made no sense.

Gives you the option to right click in the house and gives you the Clean Hourse option, normally reserved for Neat Sims. I view this as more of a convenience rather than a cheat, since you can do the same thing without the Mod, except you have to click on each thing.

The Professional Juice Bar Mod by Icarus_alsorts. It makes all Juice Bars into functional late night bars. So all those stylized juice bars in the game finally have a purpose in home. All juice bars in store venues are also updated. And you can tweak some of the functionality.

Wow these all sound WONDERFUL! Looks like I have lots of studying to do before next weekend!
  • Options
    Bronwin2Bronwin2 Posts: 2,010 Member
    edited August 2014
    amjoie, just a question about your post. When you said that NRAAS mods messed up your game and you had to do a complete uninstall and reinstall. Does that mean you tried to do a factory reset and that failed?

The reason I am asking is that I was unaware that these mods modified the actual installed program files. In the technical section it is rather rare for us to recommend a full reinstall. So far as I was aware all the game changes would be taking place in the user data folder.

Good information by the way.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited August 2014
    bekkasan wrote:
    Wow, lots of lovely info about mods. I just started using mods a few months ago. I was stubborn and thought EA should fix their own problems! DUH! I started with Relativity from Nrass. I added one at a time and would wait several days between so I could be sure of effects from them. Some of the larger mods, Story Progression have a learning curve and am still trying to figure out the castes. I don't have all of Nrass's....yet. :lol: I don't use error trap and debugger or any core mod because of the warnings with them, and I'm just not computer savvy enuff to fix broken stuff if it happens. I would just have to start from scratch. :roll: I do have one other mod and that is the no-limo mod which is critical if you want to play in the Showtime world as it stops the limo over production.

https://nonasims.wordpress.com/tag/no-limo/

The only core mods at NRaas are Error Trap and Untranslated Key; I'm not sure what the latter does. The main thing with Error Trap is it needs to be updated every time there's a patch, but now that there will be no more patches for Sims 3 (we can assume not at least) it should be okay to install, but a good idea to watch for improvements or changes. I usually try and check the Update History at NRaas once a week which these days seems to be sufficient to pick up any updates. (I got tired of the limo coming to get my high-celebrity Sim when I wanted her to drive her own car, so I got the no-limo mod as well.)
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited August 2014
    Hi

I'm going to have to look for those two -- the juice bar mod would save me a lot of work in updating venues where EA puts in juice bars. And it would nice to have Sims have the option to clean house without saddling them with the Neat trait. :roll:
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    I would also love a Mod that allows you to dress your butler however you want. I want my smexy cabana boy 🐸🐸🐸🐸! ROFL!

Oh, and I wanna be able to edit him in CAS so I can MAKE SURE he's a smexy cabana boy! LOL

I actually just wanna be able to change Sims' work outfits in general. Sometimes I just don't like what various NPC workers are wearing darn it! LOL
  • Options
    LuvtehGeeksLuvtehGeeks Posts: 1,663 Member
    edited August 2014
    Master Controller...after you become a member a number of us can help you over there ;)
    graphics-kisses-hugs-822976.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Bronwin2 wrote:
    amjoie, just a question about your post. When you said that NRAAS mods messed up your game and you had to do a complete uninstall and reinstall. Does that mean you tried to do a factory reset and that failed?

The reason I am asking is that I was unaware that these mods modified the actual installed program files. In the technical section it is rather rare for us to recommend a full reinstall. So far as I was aware all the game changes would be taking place in the user data folder.

Good information by the way.

A factory reset did nothing, which shocked me silly. I assumed that the mod was affecting only the save, like awesome affects only a single save at a time. So I thought just changing the save should have been enough, and for sure, a factory reset would do the trick. In fact, it never occurred to me that it wouldn't.

I had actually started with a factory reset test game, and put in the post-Twallen NRAAS suite I had chosen to use. Overwatch was one of them, and I know Traveler was one of them. Errortrap, as well. And MC, of course. (I know I had a couple others, but I can't remember what. I tested both before and after patch 1.63, so it is a bit confused in my mind which were which, and whether before or after.) I had done extensive reading about the post-Twallen mod, so I know things were all installed correctly, etc.

Then I tested. I was trying for something equal to the function awesome gave me, but with the addition of Traveler. I was hoping for the same type of smooth running game. Instead I got unaccustomed sluggishness, and more than one glitch. Just little stuff, at first, but enough to raise my eyebrows. And that was just in a test game, vanilla except for the NRAAS suite.

It got worse when I finally added my store things (a fresh copy of newly installed DCCache/DCBackup, etc, with only the store things I own). I played the NRAAS suite for some time, juggling different combinations of things, to see if I could stabilize it. I finally took out Traveler, but that didn't help as much as I thought it should.

After messing around with NRAAS mods for an extended period of time, I finally gave up. I put the test game in the trash, and emptied it.

I put my real The Sims 3 game back in, and started to play. The game was acting strange, like it was too sluggish. That alarmed me. I had a backup of my real game that I had made just before testing the NRAAS suite, so I just threw away the sluggish real game.

Then I did a factory reset and chose an EA sim to play in a new world. I had problems I should never have had, and that really worried me. But I thought maybe it was just the particular world, which I hadn't tried playing for quite some time (because all worlds play a bit different). I quit the game and restarted it.

I opened a new Moonlight Falls. I am very familiar with that world and know exactly how it plays. I STILL had problems. Sluggish. A couple glitches, here and there. Small stuff, but unusual. Things that had not been happening before I tested the NRAAS suite.

I am a fussy, fussy player. I want my game to snap. I am sensitive to small things that other people may overlook. If one of my worlds isn't acting right, I find out why and fix it. I don't just put up with sluggish and lagging. I know I don't have to, because I know I can get it right and enjoy a smooth, no glitch game.

If a person was not used to a game running really good, the kind of thing I'm talking about might not have even been noticeable. But it was glaringly obvious to me.

To my mind, there should have been no way a mod could affect the guts of the game. It didn't make any sense. But something was going on, that was affecting my game no matter which The Sims 3 game folder I played. And that threw up the red flags all over the place.

So I manually uninstalled, including the registry. I was taking no chances. I wanted whatever had gone wrong to be eradicated.

After a clean install, I was able to open my real game and play like normal, nice and smooth. This was my backup copy of the same exact real game that had been sluggish immediately after testing the NRAAS suite.

So, what happened? I have no idea. Was it just a coincidence? Was my actual game in Programs teetering on going bad, and it reached the tipping point right after I tested NRAAS? Could be, I suppose. Sometimes base games need to be uninstalled and reinstalled to fix arcane problems. So who knows?

I sure didn't expect the problems after testing NRAAS. It shouldn't have been possible, from all that I know, for a mod to affect the guts of the game. But I cannot deny what actually happened, and something messed up the game across more than one The Sims 3 folder. It is suspect that it happened right after testing the NRAAS suite.

I can tell you this: It scared me enough to never try it again. It just isn't worth it to me, because I found both the before and after patch 1.63 NRAAS suite to be too sluggish and glitchy for my taste. Traveler, especially, was glitchy -- and that was the shiny I wanted most. So, I'm not going to worry about it.

Obviously, other people are playing with the mods and enjoying their game. Since they really like the mod, they won't be taking it out, anyway. And if they are willing to put up with the glitches and slower game (and maybe they don't even notice that it's slower than it should be), then it hardly matters. If they are happy, then I'm happy for them.

But I'm not going there. I like my game smooth as silk.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Hi

I'm going to have to look for those two -- the juice bar mod would save me a lot of work in updating venues where EA puts in juice bars. And it would nice to have Sims have the option to clean house without saddling them with the Neat trait. :roll:

Do all those bars, that have been auto-turned into Late Night bars, get bartenders? Even the ones in a residence?
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    The bars in the private residences do not get bartenders, at least the one in my active family's house did not. I believe the other ones did. I am playing in a world called hollyweird ( excllent world ) which is a modified save file of bridgeport on the exchange. So I am not sure how the creator set the lots.

The mod description gives some info on the various tweaks availabe. I think you can opt a home bar out of the whole deal so it is a regular juice bar. I dont know if the option exists to have the home bar staffed by a regular bar tender or not.
  • Options
    GreenCatsGreenCats Posts: 9,318 Member
    edited August 2014
    I have 19 non-Nraas mods (mostly just small tuning stuff) and 31 Nraas mods so I won't list them all, but here are the ones I'd recommend for the items on your list.
    Game Stability
    Nraas Overwatch; if you are travelling then also Nraas Traveler; if you are still having problems then also Nraas Error Trap
    Mod to Remove ALL Sims from a World
    Nraas Master Controller
    Supernatural Hybrid Mod (I really want to have my vampires be able to ensorcel people like the Genie can!)
    Nraas Hybrid
    Is there a Mod that will allow you to sick your dogs on the Paparazzi and robbers? LOL I know, that's probably really reaching but I just thought I'd ask!
    I don't know of one, but if you don't like Paparazzi Nraas Register has an option to turn them off
    Is anyone familiar with the Monarchy Mod and how it works?
    Not me - sorry!
    A Mod to get rid of cars?
    Shimrod's No Cars mod over at Sims Asylum. You have to create an account to get it. (To get rid of the decorative taxis in Bridgeport you'll also need Nraas Traffic).
    A Mod for "cheating" to set Skills.
    Nraas Master Controller. You probably need the Cheats add-on.
    You can still find me on my old My page (http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/GreenCats), and see more of my game-play pictures and CC-free uploads at gcsims.com
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    AmaraRena wrote:
    I would also love a Mod that allows you to dress your butler however you want. I want my smexy cabana boy 🐸🐸🐸🐸! ROFL!

Oh, and I wanna be able to edit him in CAS so I can MAKE SURE he's a smexy cabana boy! LOL

I actually just wanna be able to change Sims' work outfits in general. Sometimes I just don't like what various NPC workers are wearing darn it! LOL

I don't play careers, so I haven't tried it -- but I thought since Showtime, that you could choose a second work outfit, through the plan option of the dresser. I don't think you can alter the first one the game chooses, but you can add a second one and then put them in that before work. They should always use the second one, after that.

Does anyone know if this still works after the patches between Showtime and now?

I do know there is a mod somewhere at TFM’s Naughty Sims Asylum that makes sims not change into work outfits at all, which means you can dress them any way you want, for work. There is also one to not allow the various martial arts uniforms.
  • Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    edited August 2014
    Hey Amara, you funny bunny! :D

* Ultimate Careers

---> This mod is amazing!!! One of my top top mods! It means that your sim no longer needs to go into a rabbithole to work. I build my own open workplaces and enable the career, and my sim will go to work on that lot and use appropriate objects that improve their career performance.

I modded the mod to make it so that my sim doesn't lose work performance when not using the career related items. So I have a lot of freedom to do profession-like jobs that I think are appropriate for that sim. One of my scientists is particularly interested in oceanography, so when I play her she might go off the lot to go to a dive spot and collect fish, taking them back to the science lab. :D My politician will do a lot of networking, throwing fund raising parties, and using Ani's tax collector mod to collect tax from the town. :D

This mod has made the game what I want it to be! I made Crumpleton specifically with Zerbu's mod in mind. :D

There is a small learning curve so I recommend playing around with a test save first, until you get used to it. :D

There are quite a few other little mods I use, mostly from Mod the Sims, like the curfew remover. And of course, I have quite a collection of my own mods now! :lol:

WOW. How did you Mod a MOD? I really want to add the mirror object to one of the careers ( acting or Music I think)( there is a modded object on around the sims I think that has a micorphone modded as mirror, plus you update sounds amazing. Can a user make that happen?

Lots of mods can be modded! If you look in the descriptions the modder will often list which settings can be edited to tweak different things. Some basic knowledge of S3pe/modding is required. Zerbu put up some tuning files which he already set up, you just pick the one you want and install it alongside the mod. There is also a custom tuning file, that's the one I used to set it so sims do not lose performance when not using career objects. It helps that Zerbu is pretty awesome and helpful and basically told me what exactly I needed to change! :oops: :D I'm afraid actually adding different individual objects to the list is beyond my modding capacities at the moment. :cry:

The settings I edited are:

<kAmountToDecreasePerformanceByWhenNotOnCareerLot value="0">
    <!-- Amount per sim-minute performance should decrease by when not on the career lot during work hours -->
    </kAmountToDecreasePerformanceByWhenNotOnCareerLot>

I changed the value to 0 so that I can direct sims can wander off the lot and do their own thing without the performance going down. An example would be my politician holding a rally at the park.

and:

<kPerformanceDecreaseWhenNotWorking value="0">
    <!-- How much performance should decrease by when not working -->
    </kPerformanceDecreaseWhenNotWorking>

I changed this value to 0 which means sims won't lose career performance when not using career objects. They still need to use the objects to gain work performance, but this means I have more flexibility to do my own weird imaginary jobs for sims. An example would be my journalist has to deliver newspapers to the newspaper kiosks (cc newspapers and kiosks from Around the Sims).

• Options
    GreenCatsGreenCats Posts: 9,318 Member
    edited August 2014
    amjoie wrote:
    I don't play careers, so I haven't tried it -- but I thought since Showtime, that you could choose a second work outfit, through the plan option of the dresser. I don't think you can alter the first one the game chooses, but you can add a second one and then put them in that before work. They should always use the second one, after that.

I'm really glad they introduced this feature but (like so much in the game) I wish it had been set up differently!

The problem I've experienced is that when your sim gets a promotion the game overwrites what's in the number one slot (i.e. the latest career outfit your sim wore, i.e. the one you designed) with whatever the default is for their new position, so you have to take them into CAS and redesign the outfit.

To combat this, I try to remember to fill up all extra tabs with my custom career outfits, so that when promotions come I have copies of the outfit I designed and can switch one of those copies to number one by having my sim change into it. Then I make another copy to replace the one I moved to number one and the cycle continues...
    You can still find me on my old My page (http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/GreenCats), and see more of my game-play pictures and CC-free uploads at gcsims.com
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    OK. The world I am playing has been populated with ALL late night bars. So all I could tell from that was that my home bar worked. My mixologist can create drinks and "discover" new ones from his own house now with just the juice bar from the 50s set.

I then went into a fresh game in Dragon Valley. McsSomebody's pub had a juice bar. I clicked on it and chose the "enable profession bar" item. About 2 sim hours later, a mixologist showed up, but I could only order a spine reticulator

So I went into edit town, and changed the pub from Visitors allowed to a sports bar. Everybody got booted out of the bar. My sim went back in, and in about 2 hours the same bartender sim showed up. This time my sim could order a number of drinks, including the Bad Cheerleader, which geve him the "In the mood " moodlet.

So, that is what I know about the convert all bars mod so far. Hope it helps