Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I still want this game to be a surprise

I'm so looking forward to this game. And although I want to know more I only want to know what EA wants me to know til launch date. And I, for one, will be taking a temporary hiatus from forums after Monday, cause after Monday the creators camp people can say what they know.

Anyone else feel the same way and still want to be surprised when the game launches? And not know everything beforehand? I like surprises.

Comments

• Options
    HazzaPlumbobHazzaPlumbob Posts: 2,455 Member
    edited July 2014
    I love discovering a new game by myself, yet somehow I feel like we already know everything about the game... :/
  • Options
    BBadictBBadict Posts: 282 Member
    edited July 2014
    In case you aren't aware EA doesn't have any interest in marketing or promoting the game themselves. The only information we can expect at this point is the creators camp. EA has shown a lack of interest or confidence in this game that makes me feel very uneasy.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited July 2014
    BBadict wrote:
    In case you aren't aware EA doesn't have any interest in marketing or promoting the game themselves. The only information we can expect at this point is the creators camp. EA has shown a lack of interest or confidence in this game that makes me feel very uneasy.

I somewhat agree with you. It makes you wonder did they blow the entire marketing budget on that one huge commercial where the Sims land? That must have cost a lot! And I think that was their budget for marketing for the entire thing. :?
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    edited July 2014
    Absolutely not. I like to know exactly what I am spending money on - or not spending money on. I got over liking surprises in grade school, I just would rather know than wonder.
  • Options
    baddazonerbaddazoner Posts: 573 Member
    edited July 2014
    Absolutely not. I like to know exactly what I am spending money on - or not spending money on. I got over liking surprises in grade school, I just would rather know than wonder.

this..

after being burned by so many games over the years I don't pre order anymore and like knowing what i'm spending cash on
  • Options
    MoonbarkerMoonbarker Posts: 1,281 Member
    edited July 2014

Me too. I want to know what I am paying for and they haven't shown very much of the game for me to hand over $70. Something tells me though there isn't really much to this game but emotions and multi tasking :/. And some little tid bits here and there but nothing that major.
  • Options
    PhantomflexPhantomflex Posts: 3,607 Member
    edited July 2014
    I bet EA spent their marketing budget for a large campaign surrounding Olympus. Now that they're trying to spin Olympus off into a "single-player offline experience" they can't use the Olympus marketing materials and they can't afford to waste even more money while developing TS4, which they know is being rushed to retail as evidenced by the developers confirming some things and later stating their removal.

Still, If I'm buying a video game, I read up on it. I look at trailers, I look at let's play videos on Youtube, I read game preview articles, etc. Oh well, maybe I'm just a little conscientious about my money or something. :lol:
  • Options
    Alysha1988Alysha1988 Posts: 3,452 Member
    edited July 2014
    I think we already pretty much know what there is to know unless you are talking about being surprised by furniture or clothing items.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited July 2014
    Surprises I like: my husband bringing me flowers, a Tweet from a special friend. 8)

Surprises I don't like: buying a product and finding it doesn't match up to my expectations or fit my needs.

I've been giving the game a fair hearing, and there are things I like: the new CAS (I'm not a graphics snob; I think the "cartoony" Sims are just fine considering the entire game concept), the Build mode has potential, the integrated Gallery makes it easier to add content to the game, I love some of the objects I've seen, if done right the emotions aspect could lead to smarter Sims, being able to have more than one aspiration in a lifetime and children having their own specific aspirations is great.

But I still haven't seen and learned enough to make up my mind. I need to see or hear about some of the romantic interactions -- successful and unsuccessful. I want to see families, not just bros and evil dictators and cupcake machines. :roll: I need to see if there's enough in the game to make me overlook the items that give me pause, like the return of loading screens, the lack of Story Progression, and other issues. And the lack of news on a Mac edition worries me -- I'd prefer to play it on my Mac partition because I'm tired of having to boot into Windows to play games then back into Mac to get work done. But if it's good enough, I might actually go ahead and get the Windows version, and then repurchase a Mac version when it's released. It would have to offer something pretty special though to get me to do that. :?
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member
    edited July 2014

This^^ The way this game is going, I don't trust any "surprises" that might come out. Which is another reason I won't even consider buying until I see lots of reviews, lets plays, and they add toddlers back.
  • Options
    EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    edited July 2014
    I am excited to learn about the hands on from the Camp. Can't wait till Monday, Tomorrow is Friday and Sat and Sun goes by pretty fast. But I will have to wait until Monday at 8:01. Will be waiting. :-)
  • Options
    lynnylynny Posts: 1,141 Member
    edited August 2014
    Definitely this. I'm not going to buy a game blindly just because of the franchise. If I like what I see from the info and reviews from users, I'll get it when it's cheaper, if not I'll be happy with other sims.
  • Options
    ElyssandarielElyssandariel Posts: 556 Member
    edited August 2014
    I want to know everything that I can find out before hand. If the prima guide came out before hand I'd read that puppy from front to back cover in one sitting you better believe it! I want to know the ins and outs of the game, how to unlock everything, how to get the best gameplay for my buck. I want to know what's coming. I want to see more objects, more clothes, more hair, more lipstick and it better be brown instead of these clown colors. I want to see family sims, babies, children, teens even though they look just like YA. I want to see fishing. I want to see mixology. I want to see cooking. I want to see gardening. I want to see it ALL!!!
    tumblr_inline_mw78cm2WhN1qajk9h.gif
    Thicker Than Thieves: A sim legacy story

• Options
    NC4DMNC4DM Posts: 305 Member
    edited August 2014
    Knowing things and experiencing it are two different things.

But I still think we need more information