Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Question about Sims 4 Official EA Forum

I remember this forum launched about a month or so before Sims 3 actually came out. And I think you could register your current forum name without having the actual game itself. It was advertised on the old Sims 2 Official Forum which *sniff* is no more.

So a question for the Gurus. When will the Official Sims 4 Forum launch?

Thank you. :mrgreen:
Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.

Comments

• Options
    JoxerTM22JoxerTM22 Posts: 5,323 Member
    edited July 2014
    Why on earth do you want to go on EA forum?
    Don't you remember that if banned there, you're banned from evry single EA game?

Besides... The friends are all here on this forum. ;)
  • Options
    mw1234mw1234 Posts: 5,400 Member
    edited July 2014
    I think she's asking if we'll get a dedicated The Sims 4 forums/website/etc. like this website for the next gen game.

Honestly, I hope we can! I'd like to move on over to the next website so we can cross our fingers and hope with all our might! :lol:
  • Options
    JoxerTM22JoxerTM22 Posts: 5,323 Member
    edited July 2014
    That would be great indeed, just please no superslow java this time.
  • Options
    KatnapKatnap Posts: 2,251 Member
    edited July 2014
    The only Sims 4 forum besides this one is indeed on the EA forums. Whether we get a dedicated site, we'll have to wait and see. If so, it should show up fairly soon. I hope there is one, but I have a feeling they'll want to save the money on running a separate one and just stick with the EA one. But I really hope I'm wrong.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    SimsFanatic00SimsFanatic00 Posts: 124 Member
    edited July 2014
    Wow she meant an official sims4.com website like this site for for all things sims 3. She wanted to know when the official sims 4 website launches. The site that will have the exchange and the store for all the items that you can buy.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited July 2014
    Wow she meant an official sims4.com website like this site for for all things sims 3. She wanted to know when the official sims 4 website launches. The site that will have the exchange and the store for all the items that you can buy.

This

She wasn't talking about the sims 4 forums on EA's site she meant a brand new website. Personally I hope we do get one so we can get some TS4 default sims to use as avies.
  • Options
    IcySlashIcySlash Posts: 1,070 Member
    edited July 2014
    I hope they'll release e new website with a new forum. I hope they won't stay with this one nor move to that other one.
  • Options
    Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    edited July 2014
    mw1234 wrote:
    I think she's asking if we'll get a dedicated The Sims 4 forums/website/etc. like this website for the next gen game.

Honestly, I hope we can! I'd like to move on over to the next website so we can cross our fingers and hope with all our might! :lol:

Exactly! The Sims 2 forum was open until 2012 (I think?) and was frequented by folks who still played that version of the game and we all talked about different things and helped each other out with the game.

I remembered that there was a big announcement of the new website/forums (The Exchange/Store/Announcements) and was wondering when the Sims 4 would get their version.
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.
  • Options
    Biotic_WarlockBiotic_Warlock Posts: 11,063 Member
    edited July 2014
    JoxerTM22 wrote:
    Why on earth do you want to go on EA forum?
    Don't you remember that if banned there, you're banned from evry single EA game?

One does not simply worry about that when one isn't a troll. :wink:
    Besides, we need a new forum so we don't have as much of the anti-sims 4/sims 3 fanatic rabble.
    Gallery ID: Biotic_Warlock
  • Options
    ValandisValandis Posts: 2,008 Member
    edited July 2014
    Why go there? They seem to pay more attention to this one, especially when they have sticky threads here.
  • Options
    PhantomflexPhantomflex Posts: 3,607 Member
    edited July 2014
    It's not looking very likely that TS4 will get its own website. The Exchange is integrated into the game now and if there is a TS4 Store, that will probably be integrated into the game as well. All that's left is the forum which looks like it will end up on EA's main site.
  • Options
    AM35502AM35502 Posts: 105 Member
    edited July 2014
    It's not looking very likely that TS4 will get its own website. The Exchange is integrated into the game now and if there is a TS4 Store, that will probably be integrated into the game as well. All that's left is the forum which looks like it will end up on EA's main site.

I'm not exactly sure, but EA has confirmed that TS4 will not be using Simpoints as a way of buying things, which might mean there will be no 'Store' per say... Saying that, because of this, they are probably not going to create a new TS4 Site, as a lot of TS3 site is based for the Store, Forums and Exchange. It's already been confirmed the Gallery is the 'new Exchange' with more features; SimPoints are not going to be used- which may mean that there is no Store and as for Forums, I have the same question you have :lol: 8) :XD:.

But I guess I'm a fan of having a TS4 site... I would probably continue using this one as well as that one if there was one, but mainly TS4 one more. :mrgreen: