Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I wish TS4 included these things.. :( Is it hard to do?? (not bashing)

Terrain Tools

Real Grass

Real Basements (also being able to make easy walk-out basements)

Real Split-level foundations (without cheats)

Cars/Garages /Driveways (TS2 style, and we can have curved and straight driveways)

Real Attached Garages (without cheats)

U/L-Shaped stairs (with any height landing ) and Curved Stairs

Toddlers!

Height Slider (for teen-elder)/ Or Pre-teens

Pools!

CASt Tool ( similar to TS2 bodyshop and CAP)

Real crown molding/trim (no more flat paint)

Being able to place walls on quarter tiles (half width walls).

I wish all this stuff was included in the base game. I would’ve definitely pre-order. :cry:

How long would it take if they delayed the game and added these features? Is it hard to add these features? :?
PLEASE FIX TEENS IN TS4! I NEED YOUNGER TEENS NOT YA TEENS! (^_^)Please add Music Bands with lead singers! Please add vehicles and garages! Vehicles have always been part of The Sims.

Comments

• Options
    mcrews44mcrews44 Posts: 27
    edited July 2014
    cars
    basements
    attics
    nursing homes
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,473 Member
    edited July 2014
    Agrees with all.
  • Options
    Happychic101297Happychic101297 Posts: 1,002 New Member
    edited July 2014
    Soon EA will be removing houses.
  • Options
    bflurybflury Posts: 2,603 Member
    edited July 2014
    Goodywood wrote:
    ***Listed a lot of next generation ideas...***
    Sorry, none of this will happen in the Sims. You do know its being published by EA, not Rockstar, right?
    "In Short, The Sims 4's biggest problem is that The Sims 3 exists." - Kevin VanOrd, Gamespot. Scored 6.0 of 10.
  • Options
    GoodywoodGoodywood Posts: 4,621 Member
    edited July 2014
    mcrews44 wrote:
    cars
    basements
    attics
    nursing homes

Attics (So maybe vaulted ceilings?)
    PLEASE FIX TEENS IN TS4! I NEED YOUNGER TEENS NOT YA TEENS! (^_^)Please add Music Bands with lead singers! Please add vehicles and garages! Vehicles have always been part of The Sims.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    To answer your question you are looking at 2 years or so. They need to rebuild the engine entirely for this to work. The only thing that could be saved are parts of CAS and build mode, but not even most of them due to the height and terrain requests.
    "In Short, The Sims 4's biggest problem is that The Sims 3 exists." - Kevin VanOrd, Gamespot. Scored 6.0 of 10.
  • Options
    mcrews44mcrews44 Posts: 27
    edited July 2014
    Goodywood wrote:
    mcrews44 wrote:
    cars
    basements
    attics
    nursing homes

Attics (So maybe vaulted ceilings?)

vaulted ceilings would be really cool
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    bflury wrote:
    Goodywood wrote:
    ***Listed a lot of next generation ideas...***
    Sorry, none of this will happen in the Sims. You do know its being published by EA, not Rockstar, right?
    bflury wrote:
    To answer your question you are looking at 2 years or so. They need to rebuild the engine entirely for this to work. The only thing that could be saved are parts of CAS and build mode, but not even most of them due to the height and terrain requests.

Thank you bflury..

Then what were they doing with TS4 these last few years? :oops: I don't want to wait 5 years again. :cry:
  • Options
    SprinklesBonBonSprinklesBonBon Posts: 2,727 Member
    edited July 2014
    I'm sure we can get ALL these thing's back...in ep's which most likely will make some players fume...pool's is understandable...toddler's? that's silly! everything else could of been removed, but they chose to leave out a whole life state which I'll probably remain confused for quite sometime :lol: I'm happy the game is coming out, but I'm also not happy with some feature's being gone...only time will tell to see if they decide to add some of these features back, but of course with a $
    Still waiting for Toddlers...
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    nekobear wrote:
    I'm sure we can get ALL these thing's back...in ep's which most likely will make some players fume...pool's is understandable...toddler's? that's silly! everything else could of been removed, but they chose to leave out a whole life state which I'll probably remain confused for quite sometime :lol: I'm happy the game is coming out, but I'm also not happy with some feature's being gone...only time will tell to see if they decide to add some of these features back, but of course with a $

I'm not sure about the terrain tools. How are they going to add that?
  • Options
    SprinklesBonBonSprinklesBonBon Posts: 2,727 Member
    edited July 2014
    Goodywood wrote:
    nekobear wrote:

I'm not sure about the terrain tools. How are they going to add that?
    the terrain tool I'm not sure about that...but pool's & toddler's I think have a good chance...*crosses fingers* I don't play families much but I know many simmer's do so I hope EA doe's put this into consideration for those who play families
    Still waiting for Toddlers...
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Goodywood wrote:
    Then what were they doing with TS4 these last few years? :oops: I don't want to wait 5 years again. :cry:
    They built an online game that they ended up trashing. Its pretty well documented...
  • Options
    IcySlashIcySlash Posts: 1,070 Member
    edited July 2014
    Some of these features won't even be added later.
    So, we'll have to wait for TS5 assuming TS4 is not a total flop and EA won't just accept the failure and give up on the franchise. This is also why many of us wanted a delay, but they want to try it anyway, so, let it be.
  • Options
    CowplantedCowplanted Posts: 78
    edited July 2014
    There are a few of reasons driveways don't exist in TS3 the way they do in TS2, and the biggest is aesthetic choice. In TS2 yes, we had animated cars, but they backed out of driveways that were locked to the road and couldn't be too close to the right of the lot because their animations took up a lot of space. In TS3 you have the option to park your car pretty much anywhere at the expense of car animations, because the car will have no clear path from wherever its parked to the street. For us, the players, there's a clearly visible path, but the game itself can't magically make the jump from literally anywhere out to the street and still keep a seamless, fluid animation.

Height sliders would be an ENORMOUS issue for the animators. Yeesh. None of the animations would look right - Sims wouldn't be able to hug without looking awkward, sightlines while carrying on a conversation or watching TV or painting would be off, shorter Sims would clip through things and taller Sims would hover over things... it would be a mess. The fewer heights the animators have to work with, the more interesting and detailed the animations can be. In other games where characters are unique and interact with other unique characters height differences are alright, but in a game like the Sims where tons and tons and tons of characters will be using the same animations and interacting with anyone and everyone at any given time, height differences are an unjustifiable strain.

The rest of what you listed... I don't know. A lot of those things will make a comeback pretty quickly (toddlers especially) but others I'm not sure about. Small things you wouldn't really notice much like 3D moldings were probably left out for technical and time reasons.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited July 2014
    How can some of these things be added later? The pools and toddlers would be simple just as EA has always added content - objects or creature sims or anything else with new eps and they are seamless. Terraine tools - The same way they added terrain tools toward the end of Sims 2 - when Bella Cove came out. They also added the ingame world editor and the CAW tool to Sims 3 right around the time Ambitions came out. So that is not unusual not to be in the base game - in fact I don't recall any base game with those kind of tools in the history of Sims and base games. Personally owned Cars also were not in the Sims 2 base game and look at the job they did with those via an ep. In fact people have been screaming for Sims 2 cars since sims 3 came out.

Sims 4 has attics and Cathedral ceilings. They even said in that build mode demo that you can make an attic room as long as you use the roofs for the walls as you can't add any wall to a 4th floor.

CASt could not be added - that was already confirmed - as CASt has to be put onto the engine in the beginning stages but then we would lose the new build and CAS system we have now. NO way. I hate Sims 3 build and Cas system. It bloated and slow as molasses trying to load the full catalogue after a few eps and sps. We never had that issue in Sims 2 or 1 and had tons of stuff. Each Sims 1 ep gave us from 140-180 plus new items every ep - and never mind free content every simsday so we had huge catalogs and no bloat. Sims2 - same thing - loads of content plus tons of CC and no bloat. Look at Sims 3 CAW - you add over 2 gigs of store content and CAWs EIG stops working and won't save all your hard work. Who the heck wants that again? Not me.

Also some other things Sims 4 has - is kids can skill and learn to play piano and violin - so far confirmed. Not in sims 3.

Sims kids have several skill different than older sims they can only get as kids. Nope not in Sims 3 either.

Sims can cook homestyle or Gourmet in the base game and are both also job type for chef in the base game. Nope not in Sims 3.

Bands in the base game. No waiting for 4 eps to get it. Slow dancing and kissing while dancing in the base game - nope took what until Seasons to get slow dancing in Sims 4 - and no romantic kiss while dancing.

Those are some of the sims 4 things I like.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    edited July 2014
    Cowplanted wrote:
    There are a few of reasons driveways don't exist in TS3 the way they do in TS2, and the biggest is aesthetic choice. In TS2 yes, we had animated cars, but they backed out of driveways that were locked to the road and couldn't be too close to the right of the lot because their animations took up a lot of space. In TS3 you have the option to park your car pretty much anywhere at the expense of car animations, because the car will have no clear path from wherever its parked to the street. For us, the players, there's a clearly visible path, but the game itself can't magically make the jump from literally anywhere out to the street and still keep a seamless, fluid animation.

Height sliders would be an ENORMOUS issue for the animators. Yeesh. None of the animations would look right - Sims wouldn't be able to hug without looking awkward, sightlines while carrying on a conversation or watching TV or painting would be off, shorter Sims would clip through things and taller Sims would hover over things... it would be a mess. The fewer heights the animators have to work with, the more interesting and detailed the animations can be. In other games where characters are unique and interact with other unique characters height differences are alright, but in a game like the Sims where tons and tons and tons of characters will be using the same animations and interacting with anyone and everyone at any given time, height differences are an unjustifiable strain.

The rest of what you listed... I don't know. A lot of those things will make a comeback pretty quickly (toddlers especially) but others I'm not sure about. Small things you wouldn't really notice much like 3D moldings were probably left out for technical and time reasons.

Thank you Cowplant..

What if they made 3 heights for teen-elder?

For teens-adult: Tall, Average and Short.

And then they could add a pre-teen stage (which would be a bit shorter than the teen height in TS3/TS2).

• Options
    edited July 2014
    Writin_Reg wrote:
    Terraine tools - The same way they added terrain tools toward the end of Sims 2 - when Bella Cove came out. They also added the ingame world editor and the CAW tool to Sims 3 right around the time Ambitions came out. So that is not unusual not to be in the base game - in fact I don't recall any base game with those kind of tools in the history of Sims and base games.

But TS2 had terrain manipulation in base game, and also TS1 had them.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Writin_Reg wrote:

Bands in the base game.

This I didn't know. =)

• Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited July 2014
    Actually unless you bought a later version of the base game for Sims 1 or 2 - they did not have terraine tools really. in fact Sims 1 you couldn't even add to the neighborhood when it first came out but they corrected that issue with the first ep - Living Large. We complained all the time in Sims 2 about no terraine tools when the base game came out - they did add a lot flattening tool with a patch that really didn't allow any sculpting - but what you could do in Sims one was build into a hill which I used to like a lot. Also Sims 2 you had the advantage of making hoods in Sim City 4 if you owned it so you were not stuck with just templates to expand the hood sizes - but we didn't get taper tools and things that let us raise or lower the terraine for a good long time. That was something that came with an ep but they made it base game as well in a patch for people without the ep just like they did a lot of things for Sims 3 - like laundry, hot tubs, etc.

I do know both 1 and 2 in delux versions and later versions of the base games outside the ones pre-ordered came with this in the base game - but they were not originally like that.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    edited July 2014
    Writin_Reg wrote:
    Actually unless you bought a later version of the base game for Sims 1 or 2 - they did not have terraine tools really. in fact Sims 1 you couldn't even add to the neighborhood when it first came out but they corrected that issue with the first ep - Living Large. We complained all the time in Sims 2 about no terraine tools when the base game came out - they did add a lot flattening tool with a patch that really didn't allow any sculpting - but what you could do in Sims one was build into a hill which I used to like a lot. Also Sims 2 you had the advantage of making hoods in Sim City 4 if you owned it so you were not stuck with just templates to expand the hood sizes - but we didn't get taper tools and things that let us raise or lower the terraine for a good long time. That was something that came with an ep but they made it base game as well in a patch for people without the ep just like they did a lot of things for Sims 3 - like laundry, hot tubs, etc.

I do know both 1 and 2 in delux versions and later versions of the base games outside the ones pre-ordered came with this in the base game - but they were not originally like that.

I thought for sure they were included in Base TS1 & TS2 (or least TS2). :? Maybe I'm wrong.

Anyway, it still should be included in TS4 regardless the fact (IMHO).
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    How hard would it be to make half width walls. I've always wanted this.