Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

If you have a physical copy of TS2

Comments

• Options
    simmysimmysimmysimsimmysimmysimmysim Posts: 476 Member
    edited July 2014
    I've got to the main chat window but a pop up saying
    Thank you for contacting EA
    Please wait while we connect you to the next available advisor.
    Your approximate wait time is between 35 - 40 minutes.

Comes up. Will this disappear when I'm connected?
  • Options
    MsPhyMsPhy Posts: 5,055 Member
    edited July 2014
    I've got to the main chat window but a pop up saying
    Thank you for contacting EA
    Please wait while we connect you to the next available advisor.
    Your approximate wait time is between 35 - 40 minutes.

Comes up. Will this disappear when I'm connected?

A chat window will open, and if the other doesn't close, you can close it.

If you are multitasking, you might want to minimize some things. Some people have waited a long time for a chat window, only to have it open up behind something else they were doing. They didn't notice it, so the rep disconnected and they had to put in a new request and start the wait all over again.
  • Options
    goofhead1goofhead1 Posts: 7,282 New Member
    edited July 2014
    Didn't get a chance to actually talk to them yesterday but I'm trying again today and I'm surprised that it is only a 30-35 minute wait compared to yesterday
  • Options
    BeachParrotBeachParrot Posts: 68 Member
    edited July 2014
    I just got mine. It was only about a 40 minute wait and it took at total of maybe 10 minutes to complete. They did ask me for a picture of the physical CD and a piece of paper with today's date, my name, and my email on it plus the code for proof that I actually own it.

But it was quick and easy and it's downloading now. :)
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    I left for two seconds, came back, refreshed the page and now I have a blank white page :(
  • Options
    goofhead1goofhead1 Posts: 7,282 New Member
    edited July 2014
    I got it! It was very easy and the person I had was very nice. It is currently downloading. Now I can put my double deluxe case with the rest of my games on a shelf
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    I left for two seconds, came back, refreshed the page and now I have a blank white page :(

Refreshing may not have been a good idea.

You should have received an email with a case number and place to log in and correspond with a service rep by email. You could try that if you don't want to start over waiting for chat, but I have no idea what the response rate is with case number correspondence.
  • Options
    TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    edited July 2014
    ...They did ask me for a picture of the physical CD and a piece of paper with today's date, my name, and my email on it plus the code for proof that I actually own it.

They asked me for a picture of the disks, manuals, and boxes for 'my sims 2'. I had a picture prepared of all the disks, manuals, and showing codes for the base game and 7 EPs, but that wasn't good enough I had to take another picture of the boxes I had (and with a disk and manual for the EP of that box). I'm glad I kept some of the boxes. Most I tossed when I consolidated all those disks into as few boxes as I could.

Anyways, the rep gave me a code, I redeemed it on Origin, and am downloading now.
  • Options
    FosoSamFosoSam Posts: 637 Member
    edited July 2014
    I contacted EA live help about 30 hours ago.
    The representative said that he couldn't do anything about it for me because my copy was physical.
    q6goV2s.png
    Officially blocked by @SimsVIP on Twitter!
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited July 2014
    TreyNutz wrote:
    ...They did ask me for a picture of the physical CD and a piece of paper with today's date, my name, and my email on it plus the code for proof that I actually own it.

They asked me for a picture of the disks, manuals, and boxes for 'my sims 2'. I had a picture prepared of all the disks, manuals, and showing codes for the base game and 7 EPs, but that wasn't good enough I had to take another picture of the boxes I had (and with a disk and manual for the EP of that box). I'm glad I kept some of the boxes. Most I tossed when I consolidated all those disks into as few boxes as I could.

Anyways, the rep gave me a code, I redeemed it on Origin, and am downloading now.

Wow! That's extreme... but I'm glad you all got it. :mrgreen:
    FosoSam wrote:
    The representative said that he couldn't do anything about it for me because my copy was physical.

I would keep trying... you have the codes, you have the disks... I would keep trying. :)
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    I've started again. 45-50 minutes though...
  • Options
    bishtybishty Posts: 393 Member
    edited July 2014
    Got it! I had just received my copy of TS2 Deluxe today, and after about 1hr and 30mins I was in live chat. From there it literally took the customer support rep 4 minutes to add TS2 Deluxe as well as The Ultimate Collection to my games list, and send me a %15 off code. ANYONE can get this. :)

So you think if I bought a new copy of TS2 like today they would give me the ultimate collection? Sweet I might as well try eh? :P
  • Options
    yuppyupp Posts: 570 Member
    edited July 2014
    i'm a bit confused. is the code they need the code on the back of the booklet that comes with each game or is it the code on the back of the actual game disk?
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    yupp wrote:
    i'm a bit confused. is the code they need the code on the back of the booklet that comes with each game or is it the code on the back of the actual game disk?

Some of the older games had the serial code on the back of the booklet. Later ones had it on the insert at the back of the jewel case. Wherever it is, if they ask for a serial code, they're talking about the one you used to register the game.
  • Options
    TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    edited July 2014
    yupp wrote:

Good question. My disks are all CDs (not DVDs) and none have any codes on them. The serial numbers are all on the back of the game manual, except for the base game and University where they are on the back cover of the jewel cases.

Ask them in chat, I guess.
  • Options
    cmbaker16cmbaker16 Posts: 9,172 Member
    edited July 2014
    I've been waiting all morning for an adviser but not one yet :cry:
  • Options
    MoodbeamyMoodbeamy Posts: 1,510 Member
    edited July 2014
    I'm not sure if this has been answered yet and I don't fancy reading through the whole thread, however I can confirm that if you only have a registered version of an expansion they will still give you a code for T2UC. You may have to ask them for the code manually. This is what I did. I only registered Bon Voyage (not sure where my manual is for the base game) and I spoke to another adviser the next day and asked if this would make me eligible for T2UC. He gave me a code for it there and then.
    tFU6JMe.png
  • Options
    mcmuffinburgermcmuffinburger Posts: 1,547 Member
    edited July 2014
    Moodbeamy wrote:
    I'm not sure if this has been answered yet and I don't fancy reading through the whole thread, however I can confirm that if you only have a registered version of an expansion they will still give you a code for T2UC. You may have to ask them for the code manually. This is what I did. I only registered Bon Voyage (not sure where my manual is for the base game) and I spoke to another adviser the next day and asked if this would make me eligible for T2UC. He gave me a code for it there and then.

you can also check for your code in your registry which is what i did since i lost my cases
  • Options
    MrBump13MrBump13 Posts: 316 Member
    edited July 2014
    Wow, spoke to a most helpful rep (although not particularly friendly) named, Karan! Asked for my code straight away, then my security question and bam, game was instantly added! No bother or anything! So pleased I gave it a shot! Downloading now, does anyone know how long it task because it's taking FOREVER and I have a pretty fast computer? Help would be appreciated :)
  • Options
    SuttiPuttSuttiPutt Posts: 3,620 Member
    edited July 2014
    I got the sims2 double deluxe put in my library and a confiramtion code,but did not get the bundle and was not told where to go to put it in,so I guess I'll have to get in touch with them again cause my game does not play even though it installed. :(:(:cry::cry:
  • Options
    FluorescentSoapFluorescentSoap Posts: 1,472 Member
    edited July 2014
    Rflong7 wrote:
    TreyNutz wrote:

Wow! That's extreme... but I'm glad you all got it. :mrgreen:

FosoSam wrote:

I would keep trying... you have the codes, you have the disks... I would keep trying. :)

And all I did was tell them my code for physical disk of seasons and double deluxe, upload two pictures one of the desktop and one of the launcher and he went ahead and did it just like that. I just have some graphic issues is all but the whole collection is there. it's weird owning the set twice xd
    tumblr_inline_oqdvr8Z3jV1qbd7br_540.gif
    ⌠ Team Holy Hêll ⌡ [Currently playing TS4]
  • Options
    cmbaker16cmbaker16 Posts: 9,172 Member
    edited July 2014
    After waiting for an adviser online I finally gave in and set it up so they would call me...they actually did and the person was very kind, though had an accent which was kinda hard to understand but she was very helpful and the Ulitmate collection is now in origin downloading :D

she did ask for me to take a picture but when I said I didn't have a camera she just asked for my code :D

• Options
    quentin612quentin612 Posts: 104 Member
    edited July 2014
    I just got done talking with Jasmine in customer service, she helped me step by step with the process. Woohoo!! Downloading it right now.
  • Options
    jtigani11jtigani11 Posts: 7 New Member
    edited July 2014
    I normally don't post on the forums, however, I just wanted to lend some advice from my experience. I moved out of my parents house years ago, and my parents threw away all my old sims 2 disks. I knew my 12 year old self had probably registered at least one game on the EA site. With this information, I live chatted a rep yesterday who proved unfriendly and unhelpful. He told me there was nothing that could be done.
    After whining for a bit, I logged back on and live chatted with a different agent. I told him I lost my codes but knew I had them registered. After a bit of miscommunication, confusion, and nastiness on my part, I gave him the two emails I most likely used to register the games. He located the game, assured me that it was viable for the ultimate collection and put it directly into my origin account. Although it appears that it will take forever and a day to download, I am quite content and excited.

TL;DR- as long as you have your e-mail that was used for sims 2 registration, you should be all set. Hope this helps!
  • Options
    gothprincess4evergothprincess4ever Posts: 2,130 Member
    edited July 2014
    I've also got the physical copy of the base game of TS2. I couldn't redeem its serial code in Origin (a message popped up that said the code is invalid), so I talked to a particularly friendly EA customer support rep tonight named Vishal and he was really friendy, asked for the serial code of my Sims 2 game, my full name and stuff and, after some waiting, The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection appeared in my Origin list of games. :D :thumbup:

It's still downloading though, but I can't wait to play it! It's been more than 6 months since I last played any of TS2 games...