Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

If you have a physical copy of TS2

123457...Next

Comments

• Options
    Loreleilee73Loreleilee73 Posts: 222 Member
    edited July 2014
    I heard about the Ultimate collection a couple of days ago via some simming friends but didn't bother doing anything as all my games are on disc. Imagine my surprise when I finally checked my email today and found a message from EA telling me I am eligible lol and my Sims 2 UC is in my origin library?! It turns out that the only game I bought digitally was the old Happy Holiday stuff pack that never came out on disc.....also, it was registered to a very old email address that I don't use any more.

I guess the moral of my story is, any pack bought digitally will do and check your old email accounts! I had to revive an ancient origin account registered to said ancient email address but when I finally sorted out a password change and got in, there it was. Warning though, it's over 12GB in size so make sure your internet connection is good and you have plenty of time to download the beast :D
  • Options
    bcsmasbcsmas Posts: 272 Member
    edited July 2014
    I just want to say thank you for posting this information about the Ultimate Collection and how to get it. I had all the games on discs and was able to get it with no problem. The customer service rep (Rohit) was very helpful and friendly. He took my code and a few minutes later the Collection was in my library.

So, thank you again for posting this information! :)
  • Options
    sammalsammal Posts: 9 New Member
    edited July 2014
    I didnt even think that EA would be offering this at all. Thanks for the information!

I got the game in Origin...now just have to wait for the install. :D
  • Options
    BeeGee111BeeGee111 Posts: 162 Member
    edited July 2014
    I dont usually make threads but I thought this might help people who wants TS2 ultimate collection.

You can get the ultimate collection if you have a physical copy of the game.

STEPS:

1. Contact EA here
    http://help.ea.com/ca/contact-us/

2. Search "The Sims 2"

3. Select your game

4. Select platform and explain your issue

5. Wait for an adviser and explain that you have a physical copy of the game and would like to get the game on origin so you can get the Ultimate Collection.

6. They will ask you for your full name, email associated with your origin account and your BASE GAME CODE. ( If you dont have the code try googling one)

7. They will send you a confirmation code via email once you have provided this information.

8. Provide them with the confirmation code they sent you.

9. They will now put you on hold while the game is put into your origin account.

10. Opps i forgot, They give you a link to a site where you have to enter the product code that they give you and you have to log in to origin

There you go! They said the ultimate collection will appear within in a few days.

Hope I helped :)

xfx7xw.jpg

Just another note for anyone who had the games and may have gotten rid of their copies, there is still a way for you to get the ultimate edition.

If you are in a similar position as me and had all the games and got rid of them and no longer have any discs, manuals, codes, or receipts then do as I did. ****Note of warning this only works if you had registered your games on the sims2.com website when that was still up and running*****

Just like as mentioned above you must go to EA help and when asked about your problem tell them that you want the ultimate edition and you had all your games registered on the sims2.com official website. They will still ask about discs, manuals, codes, etc. however just explain that you no longer have them anymore and again mention that you had your games previously registered to the sims2.com webpage. They should then ask for your name, emails, and usernames, associated with Origin AND the sims2.com site. Tell them and if you really did have them registered there then they should give you the code for you to get Sims2 in your current Origin account.

This is what I did and I had no problem! It worked perfectly and I am now so happy to have my Ultimate edition!

Hope this helps someone!

BeeGee111
  • Options
    roboticromanticsroboticromantics Posts: 242 Member
    edited July 2014
    Thank you so much, 3fansforever, for making this thread. If you hadn't, I wouldn't have even thought to contact EA. Here's a shoutout to awesome Abhishek who quickly, down to business, got me a code for the ultimate collection and a 15% off code... I have been a Simmer since the Sims 1, so I am glad they did this for me.
  • Options
    MrBump13MrBump13 Posts: 316 Member
    edited July 2014
    HELP! So the games downloaded, I've loaded up my town (I tried river blossom hills first and now pleasant view) and whenever I try to create a sim or choose a household to play, it says the sims 2 mansion and garden stuff is not working and that the application will terminate! Someone please help me? Thank you <3
  • Options
    MadaphorMadaphor Posts: 78 Member
    edited July 2014
    I dont usually make threads but I thought this might help people who wants TS2 ultimate collection.

You can get the ultimate collection if you have a physical copy of the game.

xfx7xw.jpg

Thank you so much, 3fansforever, for the concise instructions. I was able to Livechat with someone and get my copy of TS3 Ultimate from my base game. I guess hanging on to all of those DVDs/CDs came in handy.

Thanks again for the help. :D
  • Options
    Tara46cocoTara46coco Posts: 1
    edited August 2014
    I used the code that was given out on origin recently but the came always crashes when im in create a sim, do you know how i can fix this? :?: