Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is it true I can rent out houses?

I heard if I own multiple houses I can rent them out, and collect rent. Is this true? is so, then how?
tumblr_mvvt2iJ33k1slamnjo1_400.gif

Comments

• Options
    RedDestiny9RedDestiny9 Posts: 202 New Member
    edited July 2014
    I don't know if it's set up exactly like that, but if you have roommates you'll collect rent from them.
  • Options
    piglovinggirlpiglovinggirl Posts: 124 Member
    Ambitions was one of the first EPs I got, and I have never heard that. Maybe you are talking about how in Island Paradise you can own a resort?
  • Options
    tuynakamuratuynakamura Posts: 1 New Member
    i have this option and i buy houses that i collect rent for im not sure if its from an EP or a mod i have.
  • Options
    TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    I have not noticed such an option with Ambitions. I can buy community lots and rabbit holes though, and collect some of the profit from those. I'm not sure if that's due to Ambitions or that feature was added via a patch.
  • Options
    kati77kati77 Posts: 3,146 Member
    I think the IP, either the patch or the EP makes it possible to buy a second home. And with UL came the possibility to have roommates that pay rent. But unfortunately I think the roommates always move into the house your sim lives in, so you can't really rent out the second home.
    01-06-18_5-09-41%C2%A0PM_2.png

• Options
    veiledstarveiledstar Posts: 587 Member
    You can actually buy a house for renters if you have Nraas story progression (http://nraas.wikispaces.com/) and the optional money module. If you are interested in this, you can go to the wiki to view how to set it up. :)
    NraasSignature.png
  • Options
    C4RT3R H4LLC4RT3R H4LL Posts: 8 New Member
    > @tuynakamura said:
    > i have this option and i buy houses that i collect rent for im not sure if its from an EP or a mod i have.

I don't have any mods and the house isn't making me any money. ALSO if I ever visit one of the other houses with a group or a date they can't use thee doors to get into the house.
  • Options
    thuggishsplicerthuggishsplicer Posts: 1,747 Member
    edited September 2015
    @"C4RT3R H4LL" , I used to have three houses in Riverview (one for the parents and the other two for the children). The girl used to take her boyfriend to her house and spend some time in there.
  • Options
    23kels8923kels89 Posts: 804 Member
    @Alorapop I just want to say: your signature gif is too adorable.
    Also, I'll be following this thread because I'm interested to know how this "rent" thing unfolds. If there is an ability for our Sims to rent out homes, I'm all for it. YAY FOR PROFITS!

Find me on the Sims 3
    Find me on Origin

• Options
    MiyuEmiMiyuEmi Posts: 2,404 Member
    I don't think you can rent houses out for income. It would be nice, but I don't think it's possible. You can, as said above, get a roommate and they'll give you money, but they can also be difficult as my experience with Sim roommates was not a good one. They rarely clean up after themselves, you can't control them, and of course they don't repair anything. Maybe I just got a bad egg, but this guy didn't do anything but turn on the radio and eat. He didn't function like a normal sim. He rarely slept, was constantly away from home and in the end my sim despised him and I had to ask him to move out.
    Screenshot-56.jpg[/img]
    Crowley Family Legacy Patriarch - Jonah Crowley