Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

If you can't finish a game right, finish it later!

I really think EA needs to take a page out of Blizzard's book today.

Blizzard took HOW many years to release StarCraft II?

EA, pay attention. We long term Sims fans are MORE than willing to wait for Sims 4, but ONLY if you're doing it right. No create-a-style, no toddlers, no pools... this is all because you're pushing. It IS going to backfire on you, and in fact, it already has. You have torked off and disappointed fans everywhere I look, and frankly, you're not listening.

Cancel your release date, and get the hell back in the studio and make this game RIGHT. Either that, or release a flop. Your choice.

Comments

• Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    edited July 2014
    The Sims doesn't REQUIRE toddlers nor pools. There is much more to a Sims game than that.

So, rather than delay the entire game, they're able to add those things later and not half 🐸🐸🐸🐸. I imagine they could have added both of those features in, but thought it'd be more disappointing to see them exactly as they were in past games.
  • Options
    SprinklesBonBonSprinklesBonBon Posts: 2,727 Member
    edited July 2014
    they can't afford to delay & more so scrap the game altogether...most likely toddler's and pool's would come in some kind of pack in the future
    Still waiting for Toddlers...
  • Options
    rebekah512rebekah512 Posts: 881 Member
    edited July 2014
    nekobear wrote:
    they can't afford to delay & more so scrap the game altogether...most likely toddler's and pool's would come in some kind of pack in the future

Of course they can. EA has deep, deep pockets.

They choose not to.
  • Options
    SilentGirl490SilentGirl490 Posts: 506 Member
    edited July 2014
    Sk8rblaze wrote:
    The Sims doesn't REQUIRE toddlers nor pools. There is much more to a Sims game than that.

So, rather than delay the entire game, they're able to add those things later and not half 🐸🐸🐸🐸. I imagine they could have added both of those features in, but thought it'd be more disappointing to see them exactly as they were in past games.

So they will add them to expansion packs which we have to pay extra for later on? When they should have been added to the base game. I would rather they delay the game and add more features and upgrade the game than have it out quicker and crappy.
  • Options
    SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    edited July 2014
    I agree.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • Options
    frollo6060frollo6060 Posts: 295 Member
    edited July 2014
    Ya i'm not waiting for a game that fine to me. Just because you're unhappy with how a BASE GAME is doesn't mean you should make other simmers that are happy with how the game is now to wait longer. If you want that stuff go play sims 1 2 or 3 :)
  • Options
    jimmysnanjimmysnan Posts: 8,303 Member
    edited July 2014
    I am just afraid with this rushing and them talking about low end computers and stuff that the game will run horrible and we will have more bugs than the sims 3 has and the game will not work from the start. So much for buying the game for my 64 bit computer, it will most likely not play on it.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    rebekah512 wrote:
    nekobear wrote:

They choose not to.
    according to rumors they are in some debt something I don't know if it's true or not bankrupted whatever you want to call it...
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    nekobear wrote:
    rebekah512 wrote:
    nekobear wrote:

They choose not to.
    according to rumors they are in some debt something I don't know if it's true or not bankrupted whatever you want to call it...

Their shares are selling for much less than they used to, but that's a different issue.

If, with all their huge franchises, they are NOT making money, then all their upper management should be fired, immediately.

They are not making as much as they wanted to, or have projected to others they would-that's a business problem.

They need to suck it up, buttercup, and start thinking about the long term health of their company instead of short term returns to try to impress stock analysts.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    rebekah512 wrote:
    nekobear wrote:
    rebekah512 wrote:
    nekobear wrote:

They choose not to.

Their shares are selling for much less than they used to, but that's a different issue.

If, with all their huge franchises, they are NOT making money, then all their upper management should be fired, immediately.

They are not making as much as they wanted to, or have projected to others they would-that's a business problem.

They need to suck it up, buttercup, and start thinking about the long term health of their company instead of short term returns to try to impress stock analysts.
    well it is what it is...the game is what it is...do I care about what features are missing? no not really, but I do understand & agree they should of been put into the game, but whoever called the shot's on having these features removed is on him/her whoever the person is...so let it be a lesson learned for EA
  • Options
    lillypad77lillypad77 Posts: 94
    edited July 2014
    The answer is simple: Wait until the game actually comes out. Watch review videos. Decide then whether to buy it or not with a FULL overview of what's included/not included and whether people love it anyway for different reasons.

Or you can always wait a couple of years and get it updated like they did with Sims 3, at half price and get an equally half price toddler expansion if you want. It's what I might do.

At this late stage and with the excuses they've written about why toddlers and pools aren't in it there is no way they're going to delay the game.
  • Options
    3PupDLS3PupDLS Posts: 882 Member
    edited July 2014
    Sk8rblaze wrote:

But they haven't said they are going to add them. Even with all the uproar, all they have said is we could add them. Big difference!
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Many of us are doing just that-but EA is still trying to get folks to pre-order, and those folks should know what they are not getting for their money too.

They CAN delay the game-I agree they are not going to unless some extraordinary circumstance arises.

The fight right now for me is not for launch day, but for what happens immediately after.

Take nothing for granted.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,464 Member
    edited July 2014

EA, pay attention. We long term Sims fans are MORE than willing to wait for Sims 4, but ONLY if you're doing it right. No create-a-style, no toddlers, no pools... this is all because you're pushing. It IS going to backfire on you, and in fact, it already has. You have torked off and disappointed fans everywhere I look, and frankly, you're not listening.

Cancel your release date, and get the heck back in the studio and make this game RIGHT. Either that, or release a flop. Your choice.

They apoligized to us fans today and are even giving us a 15 minute live gameplay session and a cas demo. I think you should wait till you see the gameplay before you decide this game will flop. I'm saying this in a nice way.

You know they could patch in some of those features for free later. We got a lot of nice new things from patches in ts3 remembers stilted foundations,ladders,diving boards and so much other things that were patched in for free.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    rebekah512 wrote:
    Many of us are doing just that-but EA is still trying to get folks to pre-order, and those folks should know what they are not getting for their money too.

They CAN delay the game-I agree they are not going to unless some extraordinary circumstance arises.

The fight right now for me is not for launch day, but for what happens immediately after.

If they delayed the game toddlers and pools wouldn't be added. That will have to be added later because they said that for the emotions to work they had to leave out those features from the base game but they will be added later.
  • Options
    moo11xmoo11x Posts: 1,155 Member
    edited July 2014
    Absolutely! I'm completely willing to wait for a complete and stable base game! It makes me really upset even thinking about what wil happen... :cry: why won't they just listen?!
  • Options
    pguidapguida Posts: 7,481 Member
    edited July 2014

Cancel your release date, and get the hell back in the studio and make this game RIGHT. Either that, or release a flop. Your choice.

YES!
  • Options
    AnavastiaAnavastia Posts: 6,515 Member
    edited July 2014
    same i'm ore than willing to wait for a good product, not a rushed one. If EA said we're going to do this right and delay i'd be all the more happy.
  • Options
    pguidapguida Posts: 7,481 Member
    edited July 2014
    rebekah512 wrote:

If they delayed the game toddlers and pools wouldn't be added. That will have to be added later because they said that for the emotions to work they had to leave out those features from the base game but they will be added later.

Except what they say is not true. The truth is the Project Olympus had a very short deadline to be salvaged and things got cut for lack of time.

Giving them time remedies that.
  • Options
    JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member
    edited July 2014
    rebekah512 wrote:
    nekobear wrote:

They choose not to.
    Exactly its all about GREEDY EMOTIONS! :evil:
  • Options
    edited July 2014

Cancel your release date, and get the heck back in the studio and make this game RIGHT. Either that, or release a flop. Your choice.

They apoligized to us fans today and are even giving us a 15 minute live gameplay session and a cas demo. I think you should wait till you see the gameplay before you decide this game will flop. I'm saying this in a nice way.

You know they could patch in some of those features for free later. We got a lot of nice new things from patches in ts3 remembers stilted foundations,ladders,diving boards and so much other things that were patched in for free.
    Oh yes a CAS demo and gameplay....it's called BRIBERY! It ain't gonna work on me. :evil:
  • Options
    vesvezDatvesvezDat Posts: 491 Member
    edited July 2014
    Sk8rblaze wrote:
    Oh yeah? Well the Sims doesn't require food. It's pretty pointless. If this is a fantasy simulation instead of a real life simulation , why they need to eat?

They could've taken the whole food eating thing and fridges and include pools and toddlers
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    moo11x wrote:
    Absolutely! I'm completely willing to wait for a complete and stable base game! It makes me really upset even thinking about what wil happen... :cry: why won't they just listen?!
    Exacly! I would wait years for a better game, if they need money now shove more Sims 3 stuff out the door, it will sell. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    InannaWintermoonInannaWintermoon Posts: 3,400 Member
    edited July 2014
    JULES1111 wrote:
    moo11x wrote:
    Exacly! I would wait years for a better game, if they need money now shove more Sims 3 stuff out the door, it will sell. :mrgreen:

I have the answer. If it were raining brains EA wouldn't get wet...oh and they want your money. That about sums it up.
    It's quite drop from the top, so how ya feeling down there?
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Sk8rblaze wrote:

This.