Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

No Toddlers, No Pools, No Story Progression!??

Okay EA. This is it. I am completely fed up.
Here is a list of features that will not be included in the game, along with some that haven't been confirmed.

Features Removed or Not Included

No Create-A-Style or Color Wheel —No Create-A-Style Confirmed
No Cut Scenes —Confirmed: No Cut Scenes in The Sims 4
The Sims 4 World is FUBAR: Loading screens between every lot, public spaces can’t be edited in any way, 5 lot maximum per neighborhood and the largest lot size is 50x50. —The Sims 4 Neighborhood
Maximum Build Height: 3 Levels —Graham Nardone
Foundations: No split levels or ability to have different height foundations on a lot. Example: A house built on a foundation and a shed built without a foundation is not possible. —Graham Nardone
No Basements or Circular Stairs —Graham Nardone and Grant Rodiek
No Clothes Shopping —Mini SimGuru Q&A from Twitter
No Grocery Store —Sarah Holding
No Tragic Clown or Social Bunny —Sarah Holding
No Work or School Rabbit Holes. —Sarah Holding (one and two) Personal Note: Isn’t that a feature? Moving on…
No Private School —Graham Nardone
No Woohoo Skill —Meet The Sims 4!
No Toddlers and Pools —Neighborhoods, Weird Moments and More!
No Swimming at all or bathing suits. —Sarah Holding and Graham Nardone
Only 2 Heights: Children and everyone else. Teens, young adults, adults and elders are all the same height —Graham Nardone and Grant Rodiek (Reason: Difficult/Costs too much)
No Story Progression —Sarah Holding and Graham Nardone

Suspected but not confirmed (Sim Gurus will not answer the many Simmers who have asked.)

No Terrain or Water Tools (flat lots only/ponds are objects)
Can’t place ANY lots; can only change pre-placed lot types (i.e. commercial to residential)
No Ownable Cars (or taxis and school buses): There’s no garages or driveways in the build mode video and in response to a question about transportation: “It doesn’t really make sense to ride one [tram or steamboat] with the way our neighborhoods are set up.” —Trevor Lindsey (Walking to the edge of the lot and teleporting is the only type of “transportation” mentioned so far.)
No Ghosts and Aliens: No clue.

And so far, EA's only excuse is "oh we had to take the time to create new walking styles and OH DON'T FORGET THE EMOTIONS"

LET ME GO ON A RANT REAL QUICK
The sims have always had emotions. Always
EA Just felt the need to dumb them down and have them flat out tell you what your sims are feeling. I have never asked for walking styles. There are only two i would even bother to use out of the bunch you guys decided were more important to add to the game than all of these other essential features. I am done. I refuse to buy the game, even if you did decide to add some of the features through patches or Expansion packs. I would rather wait another 4 years to buy a finished game than purchase this unfinished garbage that EA is trying to pass along as the greatest sims game of all time.

Comments

• Options
    SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    edited July 2014
    I think we've all seen the list before.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • Options
    roflbeccaroflbecca Posts: 8
    edited July 2014
    Here is the blog with all of the information on everything not included. Along with all of EA's excuses to try and back themselves up. However they seem to keep saying that they built a strong foundation for their game. A foundation of what? Walking styles and emotions?
    http://honeywellsims4news.tumblr.com/post/90934806596/the-sims-4-pools-toddlers-what-happened
  • Options
    SpiderCrowWolfSpiderCrowWolf Posts: 1,380 Member
    edited July 2014
    Probably no playable sims either from all I'm hearing. But we get to create new and exciting sims that have emotions and test out all the walks. Playable sims in first expansion pack. Just kidding but it wouldn't surprise me at all if that's what they did.
  • Options
    rebekah512rebekah512 Posts: 881 Member
    edited July 2014
    Simpkin wrote:
    I think we've all seen the list before.

I wouldn't assume that.

Every time we get new Simmers coming in to ask for confirmation about what they've heard, we should welcome that.

It's a sign that more folks are becoming informed about the limited game they're being asked to pay a premium price for.

Nab them!!! :twisted:
  • Options
    jimmysnanjimmysnan Posts: 8,303 Member
    edited July 2014
    No lions no tigers no bears oh my! Same thing this game is like a fairy tale. All kinds of imagination that it will be good and then it's only "iffy" at best.