Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I'm Sick Of The "🐸🐸🐸🐸" Dribble...Really?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    ceyricceyric Posts: 1,584 Member
    edited July 2014
    Welcome to the internet.

This kind of stuff just doesn't happen here.
    keep on keepin' on
  • Options
    simmadness24simmadness24 Posts: 828 Member
    edited July 2014
    RAE2786 wrote:
    bflury wrote:
    What is the purpose of this post? Seriously.
    ...people compared to sheep in being docile, foolish, or easily led.

People buying a game they haven't actually seen yet

bflury, have you ever gone into a grocery store and purchased something you liked? Perhaps an apple, or ice cream. You bought it because you know that you like apples and ice cream. Did you 'try it before you bought it?' no, because you were familiar with the product you were buying so much that you took it home and ate it. I know what the sims games are like enough to know that I will enjoy this one. Many of the features that I've loved over the years are still the same.

But lets say they come out with a new flavor of ice-cream, no one's tried it but everyone's skeptical because we find out it contains less milk and more water but just because of a new flavor extract, they're charging $20 more for it. Still sure you'd like it?

They have low fat ice cream and I don't like low fat ice cream. But I'm also not going to let someone tell me I'm foolish for buying it should I want to try or buy it. It's a decision I've made on my own.
  • Options
    Deshong04Deshong04 Posts: 4,278 Member
    edited July 2014
    “What doesn't kill you makes you stronger
    Stand a little taller
    Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone
    What doesn't kill you makes a fighter
    Footsteps even lighter”
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    loosma wrote:
    loosma wrote:
    loosma wrote:

I've been playing this game since day one so none of those tactics have effected me. I was never manipulated into buying this game which is what I'm trying to tell you guys. Every single one of us in this forum has bought this game on our own free will. If we no longer like something, by all means, please stop supporting it. But don't dis the people who still enjoy it.

lol this tactics affect EVERYONE in our everyday lives. Through commercials, billboards, texts, w/e or wherever a business can put up their product to force into your mind. like an ear worm and we consumers believe wow, that looks so cool I want that but do we need it? nah who cares, I just want it.

I absolutely guarantee with my whole life and soul and future lives and money and everything that we are all victims of media and advertising manipulation IN EVERYTHING. food, games, movies, cars, insurance. EVERYTHING. this is where consumers need to get smart to make sure businesses don't keep manipulating us with c.rap products for inflated prices. business work for us. we're the consumer, if we don't buy their products, their business will fail. but if we continue to buy bad products they'll continue to manipulate and exploit us because why not? hell if i were EA I'd be doing the same thing lol

pretty sure sims 4 is gonna sell millions cause it's the sims 4 but I will be side eying the people who buy it thinking its going to be an actual quality product when even the gurus know it isn't lol.

Not really. I don't own a TV and didn't even know that EA paid for a billboard when TS3 arrived. Like I mentioned, some of us have been a fan for years. It doesn't take marketing to convince me to like/buy a game I've known about since the 90s. I didn't even know about TS4 until a friend told me. I then already knew that I would get it because again...I enjoy the series. I don't have a TV so a lot of things that affect other people don't affect me the same way. To each their own.

so do you also not walk outside? do you not go into stores to buy goods, clothing, electronics? do you not ride on a bus or drive a car? or even own a bike? do you step outside of your house at all? do you have social media? do you have a phone? do you have a smart phone? do you play app games? I could go on lol.

Unless you live under a rock and someone physically comes to move your rock to tell u, psst, sims 4 is out gurl then I can see how you're not manipulated by everyday media.

but if you go outside. you're not excluded.

http://www.toptensocialmedia.com/social-media-social-buzz/ten-examples-of-subliminal-advertising-in-social-media/

https://www.temper.io/blog/four-ethical-subliminal-marketing-tips

http://www.businessdictionary.com/definition/subliminal-advertising.html

http://smallbusiness.chron.com/subliminal-perceptions-marketing-71802.html

this is going past the sims 4 but i'm really just proving that everyone is manipulated by media and consumers need to be smart and take notice when it happens.

I work from home, no TV, only go outside when necessary. I'm a bit of a hermit these days :) I have a fb account for family and friends with no ads (adblocker) and I order in more than I actually go to the grocery store. I'm also a business owner so all of these "tactics" you speak of are going to a targeted market. Businesses who can't target to certain people don't, they move on. No one is going to tell me what and what not to buy because I'm a grown up who makes up my own mind. Like I said earlier, I've been playing this game a long time. Fourteen years ago my friend had it on her computer and I've been a fan ever since. EA hasn't changed my mind and neither will you :) Everyday media may effect you, but doesn't effect me at all. I do what I want.
  • Options
    loosmaloosma Posts: 372 Member
    edited July 2014
    loosma wrote:
    loosma wrote:
    loosma wrote:

I've been playing this game since day one so none of those tactics have effected me. I was never manipulated into buying this game which is what I'm trying to tell you guys. Every single one of us in this forum has bought this game on our own free will. If we no longer like something, by all means, please stop supporting it. But don't dis the people who still enjoy it.

lol this tactics affect EVERYONE in our everyday lives. Through commercials, billboards, texts, w/e or wherever a business can put up their product to force into your mind. like an ear worm and we consumers believe wow, that looks so cool I want that but do we need it? nah who cares, I just want it.

I absolutely guarantee with my whole life and soul and future lives and money and everything that we are all victims of media and advertising manipulation IN EVERYTHING. food, games, movies, cars, insurance. EVERYTHING. this is where consumers need to get smart to make sure businesses don't keep manipulating us with c.rap products for inflated prices. business work for us. we're the consumer, if we don't buy their products, their business will fail. but if we continue to buy bad products they'll continue to manipulate and exploit us because why not? hell if i were EA I'd be doing the same thing lol

pretty sure sims 4 is gonna sell millions cause it's the sims 4 but I will be side eying the people who buy it thinking its going to be an actual quality product when even the gurus know it isn't lol.

Not really. I don't own a TV and didn't even know that EA paid for a billboard when TS3 arrived. Like I mentioned, some of us have been a fan for years. It doesn't take marketing to convince me to like/buy a game I've known about since the 90s. I didn't even know about TS4 until a friend told me. I then already knew that I would get it because again...I enjoy the series. I don't have a TV so a lot of things that affect other people don't affect me the same way. To each their own.

so do you also not walk outside? do you not go into stores to buy goods, clothing, electronics? do you not ride on a bus or drive a car? or even own a bike? do you step outside of your house at all? do you have social media? do you have a phone? do you have a smart phone? do you play app games? I could go on lol.

Unless you live under a rock and someone physically comes to move your rock to tell u, psst, sims 4 is out gurl then I can see how you're not manipulated by everyday media.

http://www.toptensocialmedia.com/social-media-social-buzz/ten-examples-of-subliminal-advertising-in-social-media/

this is going past the sims 4 but i'm really just proving that everyone is manipulated by media and consumers need to be smart and take notice when it happens.

I work from home, no TV, only go outside when necessary. I'm a bit of a hermit these days :) I have a fb account for family and friends with no ads (adblocker) and I order in more than I actually go to the grocery store. I'm also a business owner so all of these "tactics" you speak of are going to a targeted market. Businesses who can't target to certain people don't, they move on. No one is going to tell me what and what not to buy because I'm a grown up who makes up my own mind. Like I said earlier, I've been playing this game a long time. Fourteen years ago my friend had it on her computer and I've been a fan ever since. EA hasn't changed my mind and neither will you :)

lol you're a modern woman then you're definitely not excluded and I wasn't trying to change your mind anyway cause I don't give two hoots about what you do with your money. when the game crashes and freezes cause of EA's rush job then you'll see our perspective even if for a moment. hopefully new sims 4 modders will rise up to replace twall to fix what ea apparently can't/couldn't/wouldn't.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Clk1143 wrote:
    Honestly I think people on both sides should quit the name calling, rudeness, threatening and so forth. Unfortunately it's like this whenever a new installment comes out from sims2 and now to sims4. Plus every expansion pack and/or stuff pack. Not to mention other game forums, and man parenting forums are really bad with it.

On the sims forums when it starts getting to the point of having only name calling comments that is usually when I take a break. The name calling and the like does come from both sides of the debate. This is coming from someone who has decided not to buy the game, but doesn't care what others do lol.

I agree. I've been known to leave some comments, never name calling but I'm not innocent. However, I have skipped several posts and kept quiet because I just didn't find it necessary to add more wood to the fire. At the end of the day, we all make our own decisions and people need to understand that.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    loosma wrote:
    loosma wrote:
    loosma wrote:
    loosma wrote:

I work from home, no TV, only go outside when necessary. I'm a bit of a hermit these days :) I have a fb account for family and friends with no ads (adblocker) and I order in more than I actually go to the grocery store. I'm also a business owner so all of these "tactics" you speak of are going to a targeted market. Businesses who can't target to certain people don't, they move on. No one is going to tell me what and what not to buy because I'm a grown up who makes up my own mind. Like I said earlier, I've been playing this game a long time. Fourteen years ago my friend had it on her computer and I've been a fan ever since. EA hasn't changed my mind and neither will you :)

lol you're a modern woman then you're definitely not excluded and I wasn't trying to change your mind anyway cause I don't give two hoots about what you do with your money. when the game crashes and freezes cause of EA's rush job then you'll see our perspective even if for a moment. hopefully new sims 4 modders will rise up to replace twall to fix what ea apparently can't/couldn't/wouldn't.

If you didn't give a hoot, you wouldn't have taken time out of your day to post 20 articles trying to convince me that "the media is out to get me". I'm excluded because I make my own decisions. Did EA or whomever tell you what to wear today? Probably not. You cannot change the mind of someone who doesn't want to be changed. I'm not talking about EA, I'm talking about life in general. Look at the Amish for example.

Also, since you haven't played it, you don't know what sort of crashes and freezes are going to happen. I never once had a crash in TS3 either yet I've heard it was a very buggy game. I think it's safe to say we'll just see what happens. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    delonariel wrote:
    In all seriousness, I was going to agree but then I saw *you* were the OP of this thread.

I don't think any of us have a leg to stand on anymore. In life you can't count on anyone else to change, all you can do is be an example to others.
    I agree. But you also didn't read my post in the other thread correctly. I wasn't speaking to the OP, I was speaking to someone else and you just didn't comprehend it. At the end of the day, we're going to either buy, or not. You don't have to agree with me because I agree with me :) Happy Simming!
  • Options
    loosmaloosma Posts: 372 Member
    edited July 2014
    loosma wrote:
    loosma wrote:
    loosma wrote:
    loosma wrote:

If you didn't give a hoot, you wouldn't have taken time out of your day to post 20 articles trying to convince me that "the media is out to get me". I'm excluded because I make my own decisions. Did EA or whomever tell you what to wear today? Probably not. You cannot change the mind of someone who doesn't want to be changed. I'm not talking about EA, I'm talking about life in general. Look at the Amish for example.

Also, since you haven't played it, you don't know what sort of crashes and freezes are going to happen. I never once had a crash in TS3 either yet I've heard it was a very buggy game. I think it's safe to say we'll just see what happens. :mrgreen:

I posted the articles to get my point across but you as an individual I don't care about at all. Like..what you do with your money or in your life or if you died tomorrow. The actual problem of corrupted businesses and manipulating consumers, you as an individual not.

EA doesn't have a fashion business so IDK where that came from lol EA isn't the only business on the planet.

All games have bugs and crashes and the sims game is known for that. I don't remember sims cause I was a kid but definitely for the sims 3. I too never suffered from crashes from my sims 3 but I was acutely aware of the problems of many others who said they did and they were in the majority from what I remember back in the day.

I don't care to change your mind. I cared to educate you though and posted my receipts (articles). Now if you want to read them that's cool, if not then whatever. I at least made the effort. //shrugs//

in the end tho, bah bahh bye lol
  • Options
    delonarieldelonariel Posts: 615 New Member
    edited July 2014
    delonariel wrote:
    In all seriousness, I was going to agree but then I saw *you* were the OP of this thread.

I don't think any of us have a leg to stand on anymore. In life you can't count on anyone else to change, all you can do is be an example to others.
    I agree. But you also didn't read my post in the other thread correctly. I wasn't speaking to the OP, I was speaking to someone else and you just didn't comprehend it. At the end of the day, we're going to either buy, or not. You don't have to agree with me because I agree with me :) Happy Simming!

I did understand the post in the other thread, and that's not what I was referring to specifically.

And I'm glad we can agree to disagree. :-) I think these forums would be a lot less dramatic if more people did that.